Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 05:47 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I don't want Iginla. All were doing is replacing old for an old. Espeially with selanne? cmon man This seems like a dead weight trade for me. We need to get younger and I would rather move those pieces for ROR as long as Etem Vats or Lindholm don't get touched. And IF the deal was accepted I want ROR signed first.
ROR will cost us more and given his actions do you REALLY want him here? also hasn't played an NHL game in almost a year, pass. Iginla is a perfect linemate for G/P

Old
02-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post
ROR will cost us more and given his actions do you REALLY want him here? also hasn't played an NHL game in almost a year, pass. Iginla is a perfect linemate for G/P
If he signs i wouldn't be against it. Use him as a 2nd line center for awhile, and trade him at a deadline if he has issues with contract extensions.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:29 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Iginla is getting ready to retire soon. He's old and slow and I don't think he could keep up with G/P especially long term if both are signed. Are you assuming Iginla as a short term acquisition? Or long term? If long term I will gladly pass.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:47 AM
JtotheLew

Quote:
Iginla is getting ready to retire soon. He's old and slow and I don't think he could keep up with G/P especially long term if both are signed. Are you assuming Iginla as a short term acquisition? Or long term? If long term I will gladly pass.
I'm assuming he meant as a playoff rental in which case I think it would be an awesome fit assuming the price wasn't too much which it probably wouldn't be as he is a UFA and not that many teams good enough to make a run for the cup would be able to absorb his cap hit without giving away other key pieces.

I don't usually like talking hypothetically about trades or roster moves that haven't even been rumored but of all the random things I've seen on this board this is one that would actually make sense in a lot of ways.

Old
02-19-2013, 12:50 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Iginla isn't really slow, he plays on a crap team, when has he ever had a center as good as Getzlaf? Iginla would be a great linemate with them

Old
02-19-2013, 12:54 AM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheLew View Post
I'm assuming he meant as a playoff rental in which case I think it would be an awesome fit assuming the price wasn't too much which it probably wouldn't be as he is a UFA and not that many teams good enough to make a run for the cup would be able to absorb his cap hit without giving away other key pieces.

I don't usually like talking hypothetically about trades or roster moves that haven't even been rumored but of all the random things I've seen on this board this is one that would actually make sense in a lot of ways.
Iginla? What pieces are we moving for a UFA when were in our own predicament with Getz and Perry, and now we should move more pieces for a Iginla rental? It seems that we are back footing here. Just seems like we are filling holes with holes in my eyes.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:12 AM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

****** thing is nothing big can happen until we know what's going on with Getz and Perry.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:16 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

true, i guess before trying to land a rental it would be best to have the twins signed if they sign before the TDL i think we could more easily absorb a hit to our prospect depth

Old
02-19-2013, 02:01 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
Quote:
Iginla isn't really slow, he plays on a crap team, when has he ever had a center as good as Getzlaf? Iginla would be a great linemate with them
Completely agree

Old
02-19-2013, 02:13 AM
JtotheLew

Quote:
Iginla? What pieces are we moving for a UFA when were in our own predicament with Getz and Perry, and now we should move more pieces for a Iginla rental? It seems that we are back footing here. Just seems like we are filling holes with holes in my eyes.
I was implying about obtaining him at the deadline for playoffs if we could get him on the cheap for something like a lower tier player/prospect and a mid-round pick. Who knows if it's possible, but if the coaching/management staff think we are a serious contender at the deadline it might not be bad to add a rental (maybe not Iginla, there could be better options) and if it's someone who is a UFA in the upcoming off season it doesn't interfere with us signing Getz/Perry at all.

I'm not saying I'm hyped on the idea I was just stating that bringing in someone 'like' an Iginla that is a turn-key contributer in the playoffs and is a UFA at the end of the upcoming season might not be a terrible idea if management thinks we are legit contenders. Obviously any move like this can be a bit of a gamble but most cup winning teams add some pieces (maybe not all as major as Iginla) at the deadline.

Detroit 2007/08 - Brad Stuart
Pittsburgh 2008/09 - Bill Guerin
Boston 2010/11 - Chris Kelly, Rich Peverley, Tomas Kaberle
LA 2011/2012 - Jeff Carter

Old
02-19-2013, 02:17 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by JtotheLew View Post
I was implying about obtaining him at the deadline for playoffs if we could get him on the cheap for something like a lower tier player/prospect and a mid-round pick. Who knows if it's possible, but if the coaching/management staff think we are a serious contender at the deadline it might not be bad to add a rental (maybe not Iginla, there could be better options) and if it's someone who is a UFA in the upcoming off season it doesn't interfere with us signing Getz/Perry at all.

I'm not saying I'm hyped on the idea I was just stating that bringing in someone 'like' an Iginla that is a turn-key contributer in the playoffs and is a UFA at the end of the upcoming season might not be a terrible idea if management thinks we are legit contenders. Obviously any move like this can be a bit of a gamble but most cup winning teams add some pieces (maybe not all as major as Iginla) at the deadline.

Detroit 2007/08 - Brad Stuart
Pittsburgh 2008/09 - Bill Guerin
Boston 2010/11 - Chris Kelly, Rich Peverley, Tomas Kaberle
LA 2011/2012 - Jeff Carter
In 06/07 all we added Brad May. If it aint broke, dont fix it. If we have a hole then we should make a move, but theres no need to make a move for the sake of making a move.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:23 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Was just looking at previous Iginla centers......his best have been Craig Conroy, Daymond Langkow and Olli Jokinen, solid players, but they are not Getzlaf level. Replace Bonino on our first PP unit with Iginla, replace Beleskey on our top line w/Iginla. I feel like we're just 1 impact player short of having a legitimate chance to win the cup, we've played great but there is a lil something missing

Old
02-19-2013, 02:33 AM
Gibson Les Palms

vCash: 814
The best playmaker he ever played with probably wasn't even a centre. Tanguay is the player I'm thinking about.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:05 PM
Duck Fan

Iginla and Beaucemin on the same team--I/M/O--it is not going to happen

Old
02-19-2013, 05:14 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

I doubt there's any lingering animosity there. Mostly in fans' minds.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:15 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Fan View Post
Because they fought? That's hockey. I doubt there is any kind of real animosity between the two.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:16 PM
GermanRocket7
The gunslinger

Quote:
Crosby. 2010 Winter Olympics. The deciding goal in the gold medal game was 80% Iginla, 20% Crosby.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
GermanRocket7
The gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Because they fought? That's hockey. I doubt there is any kind of real animosity between the two.
Agreed, and might I add that both looked to be very respectful for, and after their fight? When Iggy gestured Beauch to take off the helmet because of the visor, Beauch immediately did as he was told and Iggy appeared to appreciate it. They're both class acts and I do not see Iggy having any kind of animosity towards Frankie.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanRocket7 View Post
Crosby. 2010 Winter Olympics. The deciding goal in the gold medal game was 80% Iginla, 20% Crosby.
Wow really??? That's a loss I absolutely hate, and this shouldn't even have been brought up. Zach Parise we were OHHH so damn close atleast we won World Juniors this past go around. Eat that Canada and Russia. Just glad Canada didn't even medal sorry Canada fans its just rivalry

Old
02-19-2013, 09:13 PM
IDuck

not that im sold on the inginla thing, but IMO he would be sooooo hungry for a cup that any PO team would get a good "win it for the iggy" boost...plus, a solid PO performer who is a vet and has a style of play that would fit in well on this team as well as in the PO's

Old
02-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Eddie Shack

Iginla would be pretty awesome with Getz and Perry. But he won't come cheap and he isn't part of any long term plan so I don't want to see us pursue him.

Old
02-19-2013, 09:47 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Fan View Post
Pronger and Teemu hated each other.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:26 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

How much would it realistically cost to get Ignila?

Old
02-19-2013, 11:46 PM
Force951

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
How much would it realistically cost to get Ignila?
1st+Karlsson maybe a little more would be my guess.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:55 PM
AngelDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force951 View Post
1st+Karlsson maybe a little more would be my guess.
No way I'd do that. Karlsson and a 1st is a lot of potential talent to give up for an aging winger

Closed Thread