HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Well... We are officially the team to beat in the East!!

Old
07-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Joey

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMAD View Post
ok my turn:

Upside projections:

Higgins 30g 35a
Zhogy 30g 40a
Plekanec 20g 35a
Kosty 25g 25a
Lats 30g 30a
Ryder 30g 30a
Chip 15g 25a
this looks fun..

Upside projections:

Higgins 30g 25a
Zhogy 35g 35a
Plekanec 20g 40a
Kosty 30g 40a, 40g 50a
Lats 30g 30a
Ryder 35g 30a
Chip 20g 25a, 15g 30a

Of course I don't think all of those players will reach their potential fully, but some could also exceed. I could see Kostitsyn's upside ranging greatly from 65 points to 95 points, while I think Plekanec's prime seasons will see him with a 60pt season or two. Chip I'm sure could score more if put in the role, but I think 20g is pretty generous for the way I see him contributing to the team via 3rd line/PK.

Perezhogin IMO could also range greatly, I wouldn't be surprised to see his career year end up being 45 points nor would I be surprised if it was 75 points. Latendresse I just threw numbers out there for, I have no real idea what damage he can do at the highest level. Also with the way Higgins has quiet first halves before exploding down the stretch for the last 3 seasons, I'm not ready to pencil him in yet for more than 30 goals.

Joey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 12:14 PM
pavlako11

Ok we won't be a top 2-3 team this year, but you have to understand we are imo in better shape this year to make the playoffs then last year. We have at the moment 2 good goalies and a solid core of young players that are now a year older. If we signed 2-3 UFA's thats 2-3 spots taken away from players that would be forced to play in Hamilton.

Our team will be better then last year.

pavlako11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 12:20 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves View Post
Certainly nobody is afraid of you guys anymore. Tom Preissing? Corvo? Gimme a break. You ever seen those guys play? On top of that, you have the same lack of character issues. And now your goaltending is confirmed to suck. I see a big dropoff in the works.

The only positive I can see is that Vermette's role gets expanded. Long overdue.

What else? Nothing. You guys are screwed.

While it's a bit of an overstatement, what you've said is true. The Sens are no longer as worrisome as the Sens teams that failed to win the Cup in the past.

No matter how you slice it, Corvo + Preissing does not equal Zdeno Chara. Nor does Josh Hennessy equal Martin Havlat. Or Martin Gerber equal Dominik Hasek.

That being said, "You guys are screwed" is far from the truth, because Ottawa is still the most talented offensive team in the East (IMO).

Charge_Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Fan-of-#9

This is your team to beat... =>

Briere
Drury
Afinogenov
Roy
Connolly
Dumont
Pominville
Hecht
Vanek
Gaustad
Kotalik
Pyatt
Mair

Lydman
Tallinder
Spacek
Kalinin
Campbell
Numminen

Miller

WOW!

It's nice to gloat once in awhile.

Fan-of-#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 12:33 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9 View Post

Briere
Drury
Afinogenov
Roy
Connolly
Dumont
Pominville
Hecht
Vanek
Gaustad
Kotalik
Pyatt
Mair

Lydman
Tallinder
Spacek
Kalinin
Campbell
Numminen

Miller

WOW!

* before arbitration
* im not scared

SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 12:58 PM
pavlako11

Quote:

Briere
Drury
Afinogenov
Roy
Connolly
Dumont
Pominville
Hecht
Vanek
Gaustad
Kotalik
Pyatt
Mair

Lydman
Tallinder
Spacek
Kalinin
Campbell
Numminen

Miller

WOW!

I'm willing to let you gloat, if one teams deserved it this year it was you guys... but next year your privaledges will be revoked!

Old
07-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Taupy

I too believe that Buffalo will be a force next year, I see them 1st in our division with us following them for the second place.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 01:18 PM
#44_delivers

in response to the title

no we are not the team to beat.

#44_delivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 01:21 PM
albathegreat*

What makes the Montreal Canadians so much better for this year than the team that made the playoffs on game 82 of the regular season.

I agree that having Huet for the whole season will help, but past that I do not see your team getting to much better.

I know your all banking on your 2nd and 1st year players to come through big time, but every other team in the NE has 1st and 2nd year players coming in.

albathegreat* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 01:31 PM
CaptainChara

Send a message via AIM to CaptainChara
My deep-rooted intense hatred for all things Montreal Canadien-related aside, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Take off those bleu, blanc, & rouge colored glasses and re-think this.

Buffalo (pending arbitration results) and Carolina are still the teams to beat, IMO.
It's still those 2 teams and then all of the rest of us. Come on.

EDIT: Can someone explain exactly what "NewHabsArea" means? It is supposed to be Arena?

CaptainChara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 01:55 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat8 View Post
My deep-rooted intense hatred for all things Montreal Canadien-related aside, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Take off those bleu, blanc, & rouge colored glasses and re-think this.

Buffalo (pending arbitration results) and Carolina are still the teams to beat, IMO.

EDIT: Can someone explain exactly what "NewHabsArea" means? It is supposed to be Arena?
Im guessing Era.

Bruins hate aside, im seeing the same on boston forums. From last place to first place by just adding Zdeno "the cone" Chara.

Old
07-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Joey

Quote:

Briere
Drury
Afinogenov
Roy
Connolly
Dumont
Pominville
Hecht
Vanek
Gaustad
Kotalik
Pyatt
Mair

Lydman
Tallinder
Spacek
Kalinin
Campbell
Numminen

Miller

WOW!

C-

Old
07-11-2006, 02:00 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almothegreat View Post
What makes the Montreal Canadians so much better for this year than the team that made the playoffs on game 82 of the regular season.

I agree that having Huet for the whole season will help, but past that I do not see your team getting to much better.

I know your all banking on your 2nd and 1st year players to come through big time, but every other team in the NE has 1st and 2nd year players coming in.
Yeah first year and second year fully developped prospects not 19-20 years old, I think people often forget that. 1st and 2nd year players in Montreal are often 2-3 years older than Boston.

I can give you 1 name to explain why we will be better: Andrei Kostitsyn. He wont be a Malkin but he will be a new offensive treat to aknowledge on our roster that we didnt had in the past.(Another 50 pts guy from the first year.) Last season most of our players have been playing with injuries. Plus everybody know here on the habs board that the offseason is just starting for us. We have many assets to move.

Old
07-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Joey

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Yeah first year and second year fully developped prospects not 19-20 years old, I think people often forget that. 1st and 2nd year players in Montreal are often 2-3 years older than Boston.

I can give you 1 name to explain why we will be better: Andrei Kostitsyn. He wont be a Malkin but he will be a new offensive treat to aknowledge on our roster that we didnt had in the past.(Another 50 pts guy from the first year.) Last season most of our players have been playing with injuries. Plus everybody know here on the habs board that the offseason is just starting for us. We have many assets to move.

I dunno about 50 points in his first season but down the line he will be a threat. I think he may be like Perezhogin was last year, not given a real chance to shine, maybe 25 points in the first season. I hope not but I just have the feeling he'll be another 5:00/game guy like Perez was.

Old
07-11-2006, 02:13 PM
pavlako11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post

Exactly, we have young talent that has already been on the team for 1-2 years and a few more that might crack the line-up from Hamilton. These arent rookies that are have no professional experience.

Old
07-11-2006, 02:13 PM
SOLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
I dunno about 50 points in his first season but down the line he will be a threat. I think he may be like Perezhogin was last year, not given a real chance to shine, maybe 25 points in the first season. I hope not but I just have the feeling he'll be another 5:00/game guy like Perez was.
I really doubt it. if he gets only 25 pts he wont be in the NHL, because that will means hes playing horribly. Perezhogin can be a grit-energy forward, to learn the ropes because its part of his game anyway.

I think Kost as much greater potential and its either a success 50+ pts and a spot or 15 pts and the AHL. I'm pretty confident he will get higgins production at the minimum, but my evaluation is between 50 and 60 if he get the opportunity. (Point man on the 2nd PP, and the 2nd line LW)

Old
07-11-2006, 02:25 PM
globalkiller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lust for Leafs View Post
realistically habs are last in their division...
realistically this is not 1967 pal leafs have no hope

globalkiller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 02:28 PM
globalkiller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreat8 View Post

I guess your dad told you as a kid to hate winners,go see a red sox's game that is a close to a winning team you have in boston

Old
07-11-2006, 02:29 PM
albathegreat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by globalkiller View Post
realistically this is not 1967 pal leafs have no hope

Are you a Leaf fan is disguise? In all of your posts you talk about them?

albathegreat* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 02:35 PM
globalkiller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almothegreat View Post

Are you a Leaf fan is disguise? In all of your posts you talk about them?
are you high on smog?I beat up leaf fans for fun,it is time for leaf fans to put to rest the bs every day all NHL fans have to hear about all the players wanting to play in smogtown or hogtown,best thing for leaf fans to do go buy the 1967 dvd of them winning the cup it is as close as you will get to the cup in your lifetime