*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
01-24-2013, 01:40 PM
Crottenham

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Bulls defeat the Gens 4-1 with the captain leading the way with a pair.....Subban was solid in the nets and Zharkov missed on a penalty shot. Back in first place with three games in hand
Is Desousa hurt? Didn't see him in the line-up for last night? Thanks.

Old
01-24-2013, 02:59 PM
brockohockey14

Good character win for the Bulls last night! Brendan Gaunce with by far his best game of the season with two goals, Niki Petti (my favorite player) with two assists while playing on the top line and Malcolm Subban with a strong game between the pipes. Great job boys!

And now, on to Peterborough tonight for two more points!

Old
01-24-2013, 04:37 PM
hockeykid87

Graham gets the start tonight. Bulls have had more trouble with the Petes than they should have this season. Can't take em lightly!

Old
01-24-2013, 09:08 PM
hockeykid87

Well. If the Petes sneak into 8th and the Bulls end up first, at least there's no shootouts in the playoffs

Old
01-24-2013, 09:46 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockohockey14 View Post
Good character win for the Bulls last night! Brendan Gaunce with by far his best game of the season with two goals, Niki Petti (my favorite player) with two assists while playing on the top line and Malcolm Subban with a strong game between the pipes. Great job boys!

And now, on to Peterborough tonight for two more points!
I think Belleville needs to give a bit more ice to some of the prospects they drafted last year. Develop them. Glad to hear Petti on the top line, give him more ice. Less ice hurts the confidence for young guys. They need to build Desousa's confidence and give him more ice. Desousa looked his best with ice time at the U17 tourney, imo. I dont get why people harp on M. Subban, he is unbelievable. Belleville could use some Offense. The lowest scoring team this year is Peterborough with 125 GF and Belleville is second last with 128. There Goals AGainst is 110 which is tied for #1 with Owen Sound. Both those teams have excellent goalies.

Old
01-26-2013, 05:38 PM
heusy_79
! kool uoy edam

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
. Belleville could use some Offense.
Any top 3 round type guys in minor midget this year who stick out as guys who would be a good fit on the big ice? Just off the top of my head, I remember noticing a very talented, smallish center for the Colts when watching the Barrie/Elgin game at the Marlies Tourny. Can't remember a name or number but I think he was a righty, very good puck distribution skills and vision. Great hands and seemed to have pretty good wheels to go along with them. Both Elgin's big forwards would be awesome but won't fall as far as Belleville in the 1st round. Mapleleaf I'm sure you could name a few good targets for Burnett early in this year's draft?

Old
01-26-2013, 09:14 PM
Tonester01

Bulls vs Knights

Great effort by the Bulls as they outshot and outplayed the Knights. Best Bulls game I've seen in a long time,maybe 5 years.

Old
01-26-2013, 11:15 PM
Canadian Game

Definitely a great game tonight. It was great to even see the excitement in Malcolm Subban after the shorthanded goal and after the game. I have never seen a goaltender get so excited in a regular season game.

Old
01-27-2013, 11:09 AM
Tonester01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Game View Post
Definitely a great game tonight. It was great to even see the excitement in Malcolm Subban after the shorthanded goal and after the game. I have never seen a goaltender get so excited in a regular season game.
Maybe he was psyched after listening to the trash talking, beer drinking London fans in the easternmost private box as they were all over him in the 3rd. When did Belleville become BYOB in cans.
Malcolm made some big saves.

Old
01-27-2013, 01:54 PM
hockeykid87

Big win last night. I think the Knights are the only team that can stop Belleville in the playoffs, so it was good to pick up that win!

Old
01-27-2013, 02:52 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

I've been really impressed with the Bulls play of late. They seem to really play their best game against the tough teams and then slack a little against lower teams like Peterborough. I'm liking their chances in the playoffs, they got as good a shot as any.

Old
01-27-2013, 06:31 PM
H44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeykid87 View Post
Big win last night. I think the Knights are the only team that can stop Belleville in the playoffs, so it was good to pick up that win!
You don't have to worry about the Knights - they won't win the West - they are very disfunctional - as one of their fans says - the Harlem Globe trotters of hockey - thay can't grasp the fact they should shoot on the net (maybe a poor coach).

You should worry about Kitchener, Guelph, & possibly Owen Sound (they need a new coach - somebody who can teach them to play disciplined hockey - they have the talent to succeed),

Plymouth and Windsor could also surprise.

Of course, you will need to get by Barrie, Oshawa, and possibly Sudbury before you worry about the West.

Old
01-31-2013, 06:13 PM
hockeykid87

What's that, 11 points in 2 games against Kingston for Quine? Can the Bulls just play Kingston in every round of the playoffs?

Old
01-31-2013, 09:23 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Any top 3 round type guys in minor midget this year who stick out as guys who would be a good fit on the big ice? Just off the top of my head, I remember noticing a very talented, smallish center for the Colts when watching the Barrie/Elgin game at the Marlies Tourny. Can't remember a name or number but I think he was a righty, very good puck distribution skills and vision. Great hands and seemed to have pretty good wheels to go along with them. Both Elgin's big forwards would be awesome but won't fall as far as Belleville in the 1st round. Mapleleaf I'm sure you could name a few good targets for Burnett early in this year's draft?
Barrie has 3 centers under 5-7. Falconer, Franks and Baker.

Garrett Mcfadden is one D that Im sure Belleville wants. He plays on Grey Bruce and has elite wheels and creates offense from the back end. Mcfadden will go around where Belleville picks. He is from Owen Sound who also pick in that area and may or may not take a hard line to play close to home. Mcfadden will help any Ohl PP right away. Another guy they may look at is Ethan Szypula(london gold). Explosive skater, high end skill, lacks size.

Old
02-03-2013, 09:03 AM
hockeykid87

This offense can't be stopped. I'm pretty bummed I won't be here for the playoffs. I jokingly asked Silas after the game yesterday if they'd retire his number if they won the championship haha. He says "Hahaha, I don't know about that, I doubt it"

Old
02-06-2013, 12:07 PM
hockeykid87

Jets send Scheifele back to Barrie. That hurts the Bulls chance of getting out of the east, although if they play like they did against Oshawa on Sunday, they've got bigger problems

Old
02-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Renegader

Quote:
Jets send Scheifele back to Barrie. That hurts the Bulls chance of getting out of the east, although if they play like they did against Oshawa on Sunday, they've got bigger problems
Good. The Bulls will now have to earn their spot. A dreadful performance on Sunday was hopefully a blip on the radar. They still have been playing a lot better since the trades. Everything except their powerplay. As I've said before, the powerplay is all about a system... and systems are derived from coaches. Shows you how well George's powerplay system is working and what that says about his coaching.

Old
02-07-2013, 10:48 PM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Is Desousa hurt? Didn't see him in the line-up for last night? Thanks.
Could have been a healthy. DeSousa was struggling last I saw him.

Last edited by Tigers1992: 02-07-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old
02-08-2013, 10:38 AM
MisterDB

this begs the question, what happened

Jack Miller‏@Sportscouncilor
Belleville Bulls "D" Jake Cardwell suspended 10 games for interaction with fan in Oshawa Sunday.

Old
02-09-2013, 09:11 PM
Scimitars of Drizzt
New York Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterDB View Post
this begs the question, what happened

Jack Miller‏@Sportscouncilor
Belleville Bulls "D" Jake Cardwell suspended 10 games for interaction with fan in Oshawa Sunday.
Yeah, this was pretty disappointing to hear as a Bulls fan. The only information I've acquired is from reading the article and from viewing posts that were made on a different open OHL forum. Obviously a stupid move by Cardwell to hit a fan with his stick, but if you're going to do something as vulgar as this, the fan probably deserved it. That being said, it is still unacceptable.

You can read the article here: http://www.intelligencer.ca/2013/02/...ame-suspension

Old
02-11-2013, 03:25 PM
superspitfan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimitars of Drizzt View Post
Yeah, this was pretty disappointing to hear as a Bulls fan. The only information I've acquired is from reading the article and from viewing posts that were made on a different open OHL forum. Obviously a stupid move by Cardwell to hit a fan with his stick, but if you're going to do something as vulgar as this, the fan probably deserved it. That being said, it is still unacceptable.

You can read the article here: http://www.intelligencer.ca/2013/02/...ame-suspension
Not a great decision or proud moment on Cardwell's part, but that being said I have heard from a reliable source at the game that this said fan not only was egging Cardwell on, but spit on him and that was what set him off.

Am not in any way condoning Carwell's reaction, but where does a fan get off doing something as vile as that to anyone. And why exactly do fans feel the need to get into the players faces in the first place. Grow a set Mr. Oshawa Fan and at least admit you played a role in this incident, but I'm gonna guess the guy is all proud that he ended up getting Cardwell suspended. Big mouth, tough guy, protected by fan status!

Old
02-11-2013, 03:37 PM
Nerf27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelheads101 View Post
Not a great decision or proud moment on Cardwell's part, but that being said I have heard from a reliable source at the game that this said fan not only was egging Cardwell on, but spit on him and that was what set him off.

Am not in any way condoning Carwell's reaction, but where does a fan get off doing something as vile as that to anyone. And why exactly do fans feel the need to get into the players faces in the first place. Grow a set Mr. Oshawa Fan and at least admit you played a role in this incident, but I'm gonna guess the guy is all proud that he ended up getting Cardwell suspended. Big mouth, tough guy, protected by fan status!
Saying you have a reliable source and producing and naming "said" reliable source are completley different and I call BS...
That aside why any fan in any rink feels is necessary to yell or chirp kids playing hockey is beyond me. And on the other side these kids have been getting chirpped by stupid parents playing competitive hockey for years and by 17 18 19 and 20 playing Junior should have been taught to ignore it. It only gets worse in the NHL

Old
02-11-2013, 07:18 PM
hockeykid87

When guys get suspended for 10+ games are they usually sent home? Or do they still travel/practise with the team

Old
02-13-2013, 06:12 AM
Renegader

Quote:
When guys get suspended for 10+ games are they usually sent home? Or do they still travel/practise with the team
They definitely can practice with the team. Not sure if they travel to the away games with the team.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:06 PM
hockeykid87

Well how about that win. Down 4-1 and win 7-5. Gaunce and Jordan with hat tricks, pretty impressive. Malcolm though...seems like he's showing he's human a little more often than he did earlier this season.

Closed Thread