HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

#3C to Vancouver

Old
02-17-2013, 02:54 AM
Co Ho*

vCash: 500
Not too high on Handzus after seeing a lot of Shark fans criticize his skating, some going as far as saying he's the worst skater in the league.
Schroeder is sound defensively so far anyways, hasn't been on the ice for a goal against yet IIRC, can't really ask for more.

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:10 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
Any way they could snag Vermette out of Pheonix?

Something around Schroeder for Vermette?
(I know PHX just acquired him)

Schreoder has looked good so far, but as a contending team I think Vermette would bring more to our team.
I would love it, but not at the expense of Schroeder. We shouldn't trade away every promising young center that cracks our roster and produces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Trade Booth for a 3rd line center. Embarrassing.
I agree. People forget all too quickly that Booth had 12 pts in 15 games last year before the injury.

He is a physical beast, can't wait to see him return and prove the haters wrong.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:17 AM
Yossarian54

We don't really need a 3C at the moment IMO. A left handed C/LW who can win faceoffs and play on the 4th line with Lappy and Weise might be nice.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:20 AM
Rey

Just give the Phoenix a call, and rent Boyd Gordon for a 4th rounder. Maybe give up KConn cause he's not going to get a chance here. Done. Malholtra replacement. Can use him for face offs, PK, and such. Don't wanna mess with the 3rd line? fine, have him be a feisty guy that can do all the defensive stuff on the 4th line center or wing. Whatever. Problem solved.

I like Handzus but he's too slow. Doesn't fit this team. He'll turn into a healthy scratch because he can't keep up.

Yotes sneak in the playoffs? Fine. Get Mark Letustu for a 4th rounder or Kconn at deadline. All you really want is a guy taking face offs anyways. Want a veteran? Fine, give the Islanders a 6th rounder for Marty Reasoner.

You want an actual player? Fine, but prepare to blow up the team. Makes no sense to trade roster players.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Booth Kesler Higgins
Raymond Schroeder Hansen
Kassian (One of the 3 guys i mentioned) and Lapiere.

It's as good as it gets. Then you can wait until the off season to blow it all up.

Last edited by Rey: 02-17-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:11 PM
JAK

Don't want Kesler in a defensive role? Here's how you solve it
Raymond++ for a physical defensive centre.

I wouldn't mind if we spend a lot, as long as the centre coming back is relatively young, 28max? And is proven to play a physical defensive game. (So yes, we need a time machine and trade for Malholtra again)

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Booth-Schroeder-Kesler
Burrows-Raymond*-Higgins
Hansen-Lapierre-Weise
Ebbett

JAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:20 PM
BROOKLYnKNIGHTS

The best fit could be the Rangers and right now Richards is playing like a 3rd liner.

BROOKLYnKNIGHTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:21 PM
BlamBlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Just give the Phoenix a call, and rent Boyd Gordon for a 4th rounder. Maybe give up KConn cause he's not going to get a chance here. Done. Malholtra replacement. Can use him for face offs, PK, and such. Don't wanna mess with the 3rd line? fine, have him be a feisty guy that can do all the defensive stuff on the 4th line center or wing. Whatever. Problem solved.

I like Handzus but he's too slow. Doesn't fit this team. He'll turn into a healthy scratch because he can't keep up.

Yotes sneak in the playoffs? Fine. Get Mark Letustu for a 4th rounder or Kconn at deadline. All you really want is a guy taking face offs anyways. Want a veteran? Fine, give the Islanders a 6th rounder for Marty Reasoner.
I'm sure Gillis has better things in mind than trading Van's best/second best defensive prospect for a dime a dozen 4th line center.

BlamBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:34 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamBlam View Post
I'm sure Gillis has better things in mind than trading Van's best/second best defensive prospect for a dime a dozen 4th line center.
KConn's a dime a dozen prospect himself.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:45 PM
BlamBlam

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
KConn's a dime a dozen prospect himself.
So you'd trade him for a Boyd Gordon or Mark Letestu?

BlamBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Higgins for Eller.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:10 PM
kthsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Antropov fits the bill. Can play C, and also left wing. Good against the boards.
Yeah that sounds like a Gillis move. Antropov should put in a consistent effort once he realizes this team has the potential to go all the way.

kthsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 02:14 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeCB View Post
Higgins for Eller.
Would seriously consider on Vancouver's end. Higgins is the better player right now but Eller could be around much longer, as well as develop into the better forward.

Drop the Sopel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Cu Culann

I'm pretty happy with the "speed kills" line. Mayray, Shroeder and Hansen have good chemistry, they all have great D-skills and hustle. I don't really care that they don't have a big slow mammoth on that line, they play D. Lapierre is a good 4C, Weise a good 4th line winger. When Booth comes back, he or Higgins will be playing 4th line minutes!

If you don't think Schroeder is effective, you haven't been watching close enough. Only move I'd make is packaging roster players and picks to bring in an upgrade for Kesler's line.

Cu Culann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:25 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
The Canucks don't need a 3C as much as some people think we do. Schroeder has played extremely well in this role so far, and Lapierre as a 4C is very very good too. I'd rather upgrade our RW position.

02-17-2013, 05:10 PM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Co Ho View Post
Not too high on Handzus after seeing a lot of Shark fans criticize his skating, some going as far as saying he's the worst skater in the league.
Schroeder is sound defensively so far anyways, hasn't been on the ice for a goal against yet IIRC, can't really ask for more.
Yeah. Handzus would be an absolutely terrible fit with the Canucks. There's zero chance he'd be able to keep up with the pace Vancouver plays at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
The Canucks don't need a 3C as much as some people think we do. Schroeder has played extremely well in this role so far, and Lapierre as a 4C is very very good too. I'd rather upgrade our RW position.
It's not that Schroeder hasn't played well enough there really, and i wouldn't want to replace him with an offensive downgrade player. But our depth beyond Hank-Kesler-Schroeder-Lapierre is...well we don't have any. At all. And we really don't know how Schroeder will hold up in the playoffs when the physicality ramps up. A more established and bigger #3C with offensive ability would be very nice to add.

Especially a Lefty, as we have 3 RH Centers with Hank as our only Lefty right now. And he's not going to be taking many Defensive Zone or PK draws.

So it's not really a 'need', so much as a 'want'. It would be a great luxury to add an upgrade at that spot. It's the spot that looks most ripe for an upgrade/more proven option.

But grabbing a LH Center/Winger to play on the 4th line is probably more likely and fits Gillis' track record well.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
Yeah. Handzus would be an absolutely terrible fit with the Canucks. There's zero chance he'd be able to keep up with the pace Vancouver plays at.

It's not that Schroeder hasn't played well enough there really, and i wouldn't want to replace him with an offensive downgrade player. But our depth beyond Hank-Kesler-Schroeder-Lapierre is...well we don't have any. At all. And we really don't know how Schroeder will hold up in the playoffs when the physicality ramps up. A more established and bigger #3C with offensive ability would be very nice to add.

Especially a Lefty, as we have 3 RH Centers with Hank as our only Lefty right now. And he's not going to be taking many Defensive Zone or PK draws.

So it's not really a 'need', so much as a 'want'. It would be a great luxury to add an upgrade at that spot. It's the spot that looks most ripe for an upgrade/more proven option.

But grabbing a LH Center/Winger to play on the 4th line is probably more likely and fits Gillis' track record well.
I'd love the Canucks to get Antropov. 4th, 7th and one of Rodin/Sweatt/Rai

Seatoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Ho Borvat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
I would love it, but not at the expense of Schroeder. We shouldn't trade away every promising young center that cracks our roster and produces.
I know Schroeder has looked good, but a prime-aged Vermette would be a very nice addition for us.

Ho Borvat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
He would be playing on the 4th line, and taking big draws. It's not like we are talking about bringing someone in who would play alot.

Quote:
I know Schroeder has looked good, but a prime-aged Vermette would be a very nice addition for us.
Yeah but still, Schroeder has played very well for us.

I have my doubts PHX does it anyways.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
I think Phoenix will make the playoffs, and even if they don't, I don't see them trading away their first line centre.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
We don't need a 3C.

We need a LH guy who can take important draws. And basically bring what Manny brought. It's more likely to be a 4th liner.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Zippy316

At this point, it looks like the Canucks are better off with a rental or someone like Dominic Moore. Someone that ideally is a fourth line center but can play third line adequately if Schroeder falters.

Someone mentioned Boyd Gordon, but PHX is not really in sell mode.

Some rentals who could fill that role: Matt Cullen, Marty Reasoner (?), Hecht (probably too slow), Peter Regin.

That's pretty much it.

Zippy316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:26 PM
StringerBell

Dominic Moore would be a good depth pickup. Not sure how thrilled he would be to sign with Vancouver though.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlamBlam View Post
So you'd trade him for a Boyd Gordon or Mark Letestu?
No, we don't need a RH guy, he has to be LH. And Connaution is (Though Stinger is right he is dime-a-dozen, is more valuable IMO)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
At this point, it looks like the Canucks are better off with a rental or someone like Dominic Moore. Someone that ideally is a fourth line center but can play third line adequately if Schroeder falters.

Someone mentioned Boyd Gordon, but PHX is not really in sell mode.

Some rentals who could fill that role: Matt Cullen, Marty Reasoner (?), Hecht (probably too slow), Peter Regin.

That's pretty much it.
Bingo.

Whats the price for Cullen? (Since no one wants Handzus )

Old
02-17-2013, 07:50 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seatoo View Post
Hello Sportsfans!

I personally am not a big fan of Lapierre as a shutdown centre...I'd like to hear some proposals for a 3C to Vancouver. No interest in undersized centres please, we already have Schroder...

Boyle from NYR being my first choice then:
Stoll from LA
Hanzus from SJ
Antropov from WIN
Don't bother asking for:

Kassian
Jensen
1sts
The obvious
Horcoff

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:53 PM
Smokey McCanucks

If Gillis didn't add a C with Kesler out, he will definitely not add one now. Sedin/Kesler/Schroeder/Lapierre/Ebbett already requires one guy in the press box, Booth is coming back from injury, where would this center play? Who would be removed? It ain't gonna happen.

Smokey McCanucks is offline   Reply With Quote