Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 03:58 PM
El Nino22

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Martin already said he doesn't want to play for his home team here in Minnesota. Too much pressure is what I think he said. No interest in Kennedy either and unlike other Wild fans, I want to keep Seto.
Your not alone there. Seto has been much better recently and I'm in no hurry to sell low.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:10 PM
Caior89

vCash: 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Bouchard is sick I'm pretty sure. And Falk is just a victim of the numbers game. The Wild carry 7 defenders on the roster, so one of the seven is going to be a scratch every game. Tonight it's Falk.
Falk is sick too, that's why he is being scratched

Old
02-17-2013, 05:25 PM
keppel146
We love Bacon

opinions on moving up in the draft? good idea this year since the top 5 is deep?

what would we have to give up to move up in the draft, to get a guy in the top 5, a guy like drouin, mackinnon, barkov or lindholm

any opinions on value of a heatley, seto, or PMB on draft day to move up. say we stay in the 9-13th overall range (as of this point in the season), we'd have to give up that pick and trade who?

Old
02-17-2013, 07:16 PM
chethejet

Heatley/Minn is on the hook for approx 10 million for 2013 and 2014. Martin has approx 12 million remaining 2013-2015. Kennedy is at800k for this year. Setoguchi is 1,2 million for 2014 and 3 million for 15. Now the question is how much does Heatley have left? If he can bring is game to a good level, given the Wild have cap issues next year. Trading them gives the wild 5.5 million is cap room next year. Taking Heatley is a risk unless the Pens feel he can regain his old form. Most Pens fans don't want any parts of Heatley but he may be willing to pick up his game to play with Crosby.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:23 PM
FUBAR McDangles

vCash: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by chethejet View Post
Heatley/Minn is on the hook for approx 10 million for 2013 and 2014. Martin has approx 12 million remaining 2013-2015. Kennedy is at800k for this year. Setoguchi is 1,2 million for 2014 and 3 million for 15. Now the question is how much does Heatley have left? If he can bring is game to a good level, given the Wild have cap issues next year. Trading them gives the wild 5.5 million is cap room next year. Taking Heatley is a risk unless the Pens feel he can regain his old form. Most Pens fans don't want any parts of Heatley but he may be willing to pick up his game to play with Crosby.
The Wild are going to have 11 million in cap space next year. That is if they do not want to re-sign guys like Clutterbuck(probably 2-3m), Falk(nope), Spurgeon(1m), Backstrom(doubt it, 2-3m), Bouchard(doubt it. 2m), Cullen(doubt it, 1-2m).

At absolute maximum, the team is still going to have a good 3-4m in cap space. They do not need to trade away Heatley just to get cap room. To free up a roster spot is another issue and question entirely, but not solely for cap space.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:59 PM
chethejet

Cullen if signed will be higher as well as Bouchard. Based on salaries this year that is 7 million and signing Cluterbuck at 2 now the Wild are at 2 million in cap room. So if the wild want to go after forwards, then it will cost the same amount to replace Cullen and Bouchard with two other forwards. Now having another 5.5 million to work with may work to go after a major forward not named Cullen or Bouchard.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:06 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Cullen if signed will be higher as well as Bouchard. Based on salaries this year that is 7 million and signing Cluterbuck at 2 now the Wild are at 2 million in cap room. So if the wild want to go after forwards, then it will cost the same amount to replace Cullen and Bouchard with two other forwards. Now having another 5.5 million to work with may work to go after a major forward not named Cullen or Bouchard.
Martin does add a lot and I hate Kennedy, who would just be another kobasew or mittens.

Heatley can just be bought out.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:14 PM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
Bouchard is not going to get over 2.5 million unless he goes to a desperate team in need of a winger. He has played 97 games in the last three seasons. No way he gets a raise.

Cullen, if anything, will get a one year contract with the same amount of money he gets now. No way he gets more. If the Wild want to go after a free agent, my bet would be a #3-4 defender on a two year contract to be a stop-gap until Dumba can play in that role. If Granlund and Zucker are able to continue to develop, they can be PMB and Cullen's replacements in the top-6.

Trading for a Top-6 guy could be an option, I suppose, but there is not a whole lot out there. Wild's only option there would be to trade some futures for a early/mid 30s Winger. No chance we have an opportunity to get a player in their prime. Guys like Zucker and Coyle have to develop into those types of players for us.

/justmyopinion

Old
02-17-2013, 08:19 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by keppel146 View Post
opinions on moving up in the draft? good idea this year since the top 5 is deep?

what would we have to give up to move up in the draft, to get a guy in the top 5, a guy like drouin, mackinnon, barkov or lindholm

any opinions on value of a heatley, seto, or PMB on draft day to move up. say we stay in the 9-13th overall range (as of this point in the season), we'd have to give up that pick and trade who?
to move up in a draft is expensive, I mean EXPENSIVE... example. If the Wild wanted to move up to the #5 pick last year, just a few slots, it would have costs a 2nd round pick and a prospect like the ones we are now known for....

Assume this season we will compete for a playoff spot. We could fall anywhere between 12-30 in the first round of the draft this year (my guess). More likely to be close to the #18-22 range. For us to move up into the top 5 from lets say your potential range of 9-13 (lets say #11) in a deep draft and very top heavy with potential stars, will cost us next years first round pick and our 2nd this year too and a prospect like Larsson, coyle, / or goalie prospect of choice. so it would be a move up 6 spots for same year 2nd round pick, next years first and a prospect... all of this is my best guess but to move up for someone like Jones, mackinnon, drouin, Barkov, Nichushkin will be very expensive. no team will want Heatley for a draft day trade into the top 5 and seto carries weight for trade value but nothing to this degree.. and PMB is gone

Old
02-17-2013, 08:49 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
zero chance bouchard gets a raise.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:57 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
zero chance bouchard gets a raise.
Agreed...In fact I put the chances of Fletch even making him an offer at less than 50/50.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Blizzard6411
#benchstoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckOG View Post
Agreed...In fact I put the chances of Fletch even making him an offer at less than 50/50.
I'll be shocked if giving PMB a raise is even of our concern come the off season.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:06 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

I think we should stay the course. Not point in moving up in a dynamite draft.

If Cullen and Bouchard come back at the same price I'll be pissed.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:14 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I think we should stay the course. Not point in moving up in a dynamite draft.

If Cullen and Bouchard come back at the same price I'll be pissed.
I've been hearing that this draft isn't quite as deep as some have originally speculated....Sounds like it's strong with the top 5, but after that it's pretty much a crapshoot.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:16 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
I've been hearing that this draft isn't quite as deep as some have originally speculated....Sounds like it's strong with the top 5, but after that it's pretty much a crapshoot.
The same thing plays out every year. Next year is going to be good draft. Draft comes, this isn't as good as speculated, but next years will be better!

Old
02-18-2013, 03:18 AM
centcougar07

If the young kids keep playing well and making this happen then we're going to see some trades executed I'm guessing. Just too many bodies, the prospects are starting to push guys out. (PMB and others)

Old
02-18-2013, 03:30 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Said that about 2011 as well.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:21 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

I dont care which draftspot we end up with as long as the draftboard says

Minnesota - R.Ristolainen

Old
02-18-2013, 04:54 AM
Pajicz

Send a message via Yahoo to Pajicz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post

Minnesota - R.Ristolainen
Agree with this, that kid is the real deal...

Old
02-18-2013, 05:23 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post

Minnesota - Robert Hägg
fixed

Old
02-18-2013, 08:52 AM
JayB

Things to do:

Trade Heatley/Bouchard/Cullen/Falk/Prosser/Spurgeon/Mitchell/Stoner/Scandela or all of them. To get powerforward prospects and picks and defensive prospects. Then do big push for the draft and Ufas. Bring Stanley to Minnesota in 2-3 years.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
SprootsMasterFlex
Snooki for President

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Things to do:

Trade Heatley/Bouchard/Cullen/Falk/Prosser/Spurgeon/Mitchell/Stoner/Scandela or all of them. To get powerforward prospects and picks and defensive prospects. Then do big push for the draft and Ufas. Bring Stanley to Minnesota in 2-3 years.
You forgot to include Trade Setoguchi to the Pens for Tyler Kennedy. (joking)

Why is there so much hate for any D not named Suter, Gilbert, Brodin or Dumba?

If there's a deal to be made with the Pens for one of their Ds (ie. Niskanen), that would give your team an opportunity to dump one of those Ds to the Pens (along with Seto, of course).

Old
02-18-2013, 09:36 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

people are mental. I don't see how we can afford to trade Seto, especially not for a D who is as inconsistent as what we're dealing with rotating in an out of our bottom pairing. oh because Zucker...i forgot!

Old
02-18-2013, 09:45 AM
FUBAR McDangles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
Things to do:

Wat

Mitchell has been fantastic this season. His speed and tenacity is exactly what you want in a 3rd or 4th line player. He works harder than 95% of the team on any given night. No way should he be traded.

And you want to trade all those guys for defensive prospects? Well, Scandella is a defensive prospect. Dude has looked great in small flashes and could still become a very reliable #2 or #3 guy. At worst he could play as a #5 guy who is far better than Falk or Prosser and could potentially pass Spurgeon as well.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:49 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Mitchell is at the end of the day a bottom six player. I was a big Veillieux fan because I appreciated what his role was and how enthusiastic he looked every night about doing it--Mitchell has the same sort of motor (maybe not quite as much) but more skill. Can't see him going anywhere.

Closed Thread