HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ruff Didn't Score Enough: Trades 'n' FAs II

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 10:38 AM
SECRET SQUIRREL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
On HNIC they were saying avs wanted something like top 6 forward+1st+2 prospects
Would you go stafford+2014 1st+adam+pysyk
They are going to want a top return, not a bunch of our crap that we dont want anymore. If by some miracle we are the team that get ROR its going to sting, trust me. They wont want Stafford. Adam sucks. Pysyk is solid but is at best our 5th best prospect right now. And they will want this years first most likely, especially with our craptacular start.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:53 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
They are going to want a top return, not a bunch of our crap that we dont want anymore. If by some miracle we are the team that get ROR its going to sting, trust me. They wont want Stafford. Adam sucks. Pysyk is solid but is at best our 5th best prospect right now. And they will want this years first most likely, especially with our craptacular start.
Agreed. If Colorado is trading us O'Reilly we are parting with some significant assets. The top 6 player will probably be Ennis (although I'm sure they'd be intersted in Foligno, but I see that as a no go for us)the prospects won't include Adam, but will more likely be guys like Armia or Girgensons. As far as the 1st rounder I don't think they'd want to wait until 2014, but that would be ideal IMO.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:11 AM
SabresAreScaryGood
McDavid 2015!!!

IMO only players the Sabres should think about trading are Ryan Miller, Thomas Vanek, Jason Pominville, Jordan Leopold and Robyn Regehr.

Unload our top veterans for younger players and top prospects. But we all know Darcy doesn't have the guts.

Lets face it, its time to stop building around these players, and they are all up for contracts over this offseason and next.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:44 AM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresAreScaryGood View Post
IMO only players the Sabres should think about trading are Ryan Miller, Thomas Vanek, Jason Pominville, Jordan Leopold and Robyn Regehr.

Unload our top veterans for younger players and top prospects. But we all know Darcy doesn't have the guts.

Lets face it, its time to stop building around these players, and they are all up for contracts over this offseason and next.
Honestly I'm fine with the idea of trading away some of the veterans. Leopold and Regehr are no brainers seeing as how they are impending UFA's. I'd be shopping Miller as well this year. Get some high picks or nice prospects for him and move on, not having him this year also helps us bottom out properly. Target a young goalie with starter potential and go get him ie. Bernier. I'm reluctant to move Pommers or Vanek seeing how well they are playing at this point and their chemistry with Hodgson. If you can get a king's ransom for them then by all means do it. I still think the Sabres should continue to get harder to play against though and accquiring a guy like O'Reilly would certainly help. If it means parting with a guy like Ennis + picks and prospects I do it without batting an eye.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:46 AM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

And so it begins.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:52 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
He'd instantly be on their top pair and not just because of his offensive prowess. His defense has improved leaps and bounces from 2 years ago. Not sure how often you watch the Rangers but he's above average defensively now. Regardless, I agree that the Rangers would have to add.
No, he's not better defensively than Johnson or Wilson. He'd be playing the same minutes he does in New York, except without an exceptional shutdown defenseman next to him, Vezina goaltending behind him, and a great system to play in. MDZ in Colorado would be a trainwreck.

Old
02-17-2013, 12:16 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar View Post
No, he's not better defensively than Johnson or Wilson. He'd be playing the same minutes he does in New York, except without an exceptional shutdown defenseman next to him, Vezina goaltending behind him, and a great system to play in. MDZ in Colorado would be a trainwreck.
That's severely underrating MDZ's abilities. We'll have to disagree on this one.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:29 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by SECRET SQUIRREL View Post
Pysyk is our best D prospect though, and easily.
Ennis + Pysyk + Leo or a 2nd, depending on whether they want blue line help now or a pick to keep rebuilding.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:35 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

It sounds like they want a high caliber young defenceman and we just don't have that to offer, other than Myers of course, and he has a huge contract and plus we really aren't in the position of being able to give up a top defenceman.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:36 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
I didn't miss Sekera one bit today, he should be part of a ROR package.

Old
02-17-2013, 02:38 PM
drinking bleach irl
POST MORE RECKLESS

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
See, I think with Sekera they win it. to each his own.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:26 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Really? We could have given up 10 again if it wasn't for Miller and some easy misses for Pittsburgh. He's one of 2 top 4 defensemen on the team, 3 if you count Myers. While I'm not opposed to trading Sekera for RoR (I'd rather go the Ennis route but almost whatever it takes to get RoR I would do), I don't think this game was a indication that's we're fine on the blue line without him.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
You did notice that they lost, right?

Old
02-17-2013, 05:49 PM
clumping platelets

We've been losing with Sekera in the lineup

Sekera, Ennis, 3rd rd 2013 for ROR and G prospect

Move Enroth for 3rd/4th line F or d-man

send pick for vet backup G

Old
02-17-2013, 06:06 PM
SEALBound

Penguins fan coming in peace. What's up with Leino? Saw he was a healthy scratch today. I know he hasn't been playing up to his contract but had no idea it was that bad. Is he a buy out candidate?

Old
02-17-2013, 06:11 PM
clumping platelets

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEALBound View Post
Penguins fan coming in peace. What's up with Leino? Saw he was a healthy scratch today. I know he hasn't been playing up to his contract but had no idea it was that bad. Is he a buy out candidate?

He's not a healthy scratch....he's been out all year with a chronic rt hip problem

Old
02-17-2013, 06:54 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by clumping platelets View Post
He's not a healthy scratch....he's been out all year with a chronic rt hip problem
To add for the original poster: This team really misses Leino. Replace Gerbe, Hecht, Scott, or McCormick with Leino and I think we strongly increase our chances of generating some offense from a 3rd line. In camp he was on a line with Grigorenko and Ott that showed the early stages of good chemistry.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:12 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:

For my part (as you weren't directly replying to me), that's not the point and I wasn't passing comment in favor or against trading Sekera for ROR. The idea that we don't (and thus wouldn't) miss Sekera, however, is ridiculous. This team needs to add quality defensemen, not subtract them. We have Ehrhoff who is a minute-eating horse, we have Myers who is schizophrenic, and we have Sekera. That's our defense so far as being worth a ***** is concerned.

That said, I'd probably do it if it had to be done though I'm curious what Sekera's value is. I'm not sure Colorado will ultimately get something as good as Sekera + Ennis + a 3rd, but that depends on what Sekera's "objective" value around the league really is. He's still fairly young, he's a legitimate top 4 defenseman, and he's on a sweetheart contract. That is more valuable than I think we give credit. I doubt they get two young roster players, probably 1 young roster player and a mid-level prospect. They aren't in a good position to deal from at all and the only thing in their favor is that several teams are likely to have strong, legitimate interest.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:26 PM
sba

Quote:
Really? We could have given up 10 again if it wasn't for Miller and some easy misses for Pittsburgh. He's one of 2 top 4 defensemen on the team, 3 if you count Myers.
They would have done that regardless of which 6 D were dressed.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
So all of the Sabres defensemen are of equal quality?

Old
02-17-2013, 07:43 PM
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor

Quote:
Conjecture. Yes, our defense as a whole has been a trainwreck, but there are players that are clearly better than others. And yes, I'd be willing to move him in a RoR trade but I don't see how you could say he's worth moving based on today's game (or the other games he's missed). He has major value to the defense.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:05 PM
sba

Quote:
Conjecture. Yes, our defense as a whole has been a trainwreck, but there are players that are clearly better than others. And yes, I'd be willing to move him in a RoR trade but I don't see how you could say he's worth moving based on today's game (or the other games he's missed). He has major value to the defense.
Sure he does, but he's not a player we couldn't live without as today showed.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:26 PM
fiend540

Quote:
So is your point that because the defense didn't look any worse/better without him, it means he's expendable?

Old
02-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
did you apply the same ridiculous philosophy when Myers was sitting out 2 games

Old
02-17-2013, 08:45 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:

I'd be shocked if this deal wouldn't work, and I don't care about the G Prospect. Sekera and Ennis are a hell of an offer for a 22 year old, granted a good one. Both young guys themselves, both productive, both singned to friendly numbers...I can't imagine a better package out there, and a team willing to do it. But, I don't know if Regier has the balls to do it though.

Closed Thread