Jarome Iginla

Old
02-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Stewie Griffin
Benevolent Overlord

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellOfVictory View Post
Edmonton over Vancouver, for sure. I could even handle the "lol 8 cups, your captain won his cup with our team" trash talk from the Oilers fans.

I would jump in front of a C-Train.

Stewie Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:18 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
St. Louis is the best teams for Iginla IMO. They have the cap space and assets, while having one of the best chances at a cup.

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:49 PM
Ynnek

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
St. Louis is the best teams for Iginla IMO. They have the cap space and assets, while having one of the best chances at a cup.
I'd love to get one of Jaskin or Rattie from the blues.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 09:56 PM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
Rattie will be Howse 2.0 I would stay away

Adirondack Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Souray's Skates

vCash: 500
Bruins fan..I come in peace.

I can tell you the B's fans at the least have ben lusting over Iginla for at least 2 seasons now. He'd fit right in with the B's playstyle. Best reasonable offer I have heard is Krejci, someone like Caron and a first. TBH If I was in charge of the B's I'd do it or a similar deal to get him on this team. If he goes on the market I think you can assume the B's will make a very competitive offer with top prospects not named Seguin/Hamilton and picks/roster players. I think Iginla pushes them to the prohibitive favorites. I'm almost giddy thinking of the space he'd have on a line with Lucic.

Souray's Skates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 11:26 AM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souray's Skates View Post

I can tell you the B's fans at the least have ben lusting over Iginla for at least 2 seasons now. He'd fit right in with the B's playstyle. Best reasonable offer I have heard is Krejci, someone like Caron and a first. TBH If I was in charge of the B's I'd do it or a similar deal to get him on this team. If he goes on the market I think you can assume the B's will make a very competitive offer with top prospects not named Seguin/Hamilton and picks/roster players. I think Iginla pushes them to the prohibitive favorites. I'm almost giddy thinking of the space he'd have on a line with Lucic.
Lucic on the same line as Iggy could be nasty. It could also be ineffective as they're both dominant power forwards

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

Quote:
I thought so to last year, but the Blues have traditionally been a budget team over the last several years. While their ownership issues were resolved, they did nothing this past offseason to go out and get Petro a top pairing partner unless you consider Redden to be that guy.

I don't know that they would go against their philosophy of drafting well from within and give up the assets they developed to get a big market player.

I agree he would be a good fit in STL though. If that did happen, perhaps something around Stewart and Schwartz?

Johnny Hoxville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Adirondack Flames

Since the Flames are not in tank mode I'm not sure I would trade Iginla for just futures.

If a deal involving Kecji presents itself, it would definitely be preferable.

Old
02-16-2013, 04:10 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Lucic on the same line as Iggy could be nasty. It could also be ineffective as they're both dominant power forwards
Iginla's not a powerforward anymore; dude is passing more than Tanguay lately. lol. I think he'd be totally fine on a line with Lucic.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2013, 04:23 PM
SmellOfVictory

vCash: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souray's Skates View Post

Given the whole "Iginla needs a cup" thing, I'd rather not weaken the Bruins by taking Krejci (and honestly, the Flames could probably do with just prospects/picks). I think the Bruins could afford to do Spooner and a pair of 1sts, given the age and strength of their team.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:29 PM
DevilsAnimal*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
This.

Josefson, Severson, 1st would work as well. In fact I personally prefer this one as I am a huge fan of Severson.
Im happy with this

Make it happy Lou :B

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:58 PM
flameaholic

Paging our captain Iginla. Where the fyuk are ya? 1 goal in 13 games this season. Paging captain Iginla!

flameaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:55 AM
CaptainIginla
The king is back

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post
Paging our captain Iginla. Where the fyuk are ya? 1 goal in 13 games this season. Paging captain Iginla!

Sorry I've been kinda busy outside the rink lately...

CaptainIginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:14 AM
Noori

I think now is the perfect time to trade Iginla, both for his sake and ours. Let's think about this:

We're a bubble team. Even if we miraculously manage to squeak into eight we'll get demolished by Vancouver. Bute if we trade Iginla to a contender (say Pittsburgh) he has two or three very solid attempts to win the cup.

Second, this is the first time in a long time I've been impressed with our scoring depth. Everyone is chipping in and Iginla doesn't need to carry the offensive burden. We're still piss poor at center but we have lots of firepower on the wings and plenty of guys in the pipeline who can step in now, and other who'll be ready in a few years.

I really hope he asks for a trade; I think it's time to part ways. He'll always have a great legacy in this city and organization. I would hate to see him fade as a player on a mediocre team.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:35 AM
Adirondack Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameaholic View Post

his 8 assists mean nothing I suppose. As long as Cammalleri is on the ice Iginla will revert to play maker like he did in Cammalleri's first tour with Calgary.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:44 AM
LukeD
On Fire

I'm perfectly fine with Iginla's game. He's playing a lot smarter with the puck, and we need someone other than him to be the big shot on the top line.

LukeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:29 AM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
his 8 assists mean nothing I suppose. As long as Cammalleri is on the ice Iginla will revert to play maker like he did in Cammalleri's first tour with Calgary.
Almost all primary assists on beauty plays. We have a buttload of finishers on this team and not a whole lot of playmakers, Iggy just isn't being selfish.. There have been how many times he could have went for a snipe but instead passed to someone in a better scoring position.

tmurfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:36 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
His passing has been great. Seriously though you can't deny that 1 goal in 13 games is utterly terrible.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:39 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
His passing has been great. Seriously though you can't deny that 1 goal in 13 games is utterly terrible.
I don't care if he doesn't score all year as long as he keeps his pace of .9 ppg. Assists and goals are the same on the score board.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:41 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I don't care if he doesn't score all year as long as he keeps his pace of .9 ppg. Assists and goals are the same on the score board.
So you'd be happy with a 4G - 32A season? I sure as hell wouldn't.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:45 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
So you'd be happy with a 4G - 32A season? I sure as hell wouldn't.
If he scored at .9 pace it would be 4 goals and 39 assists and I wouldn't complain. If he gets an assist we get a goal if he scores we get a goal its the same in the end for us. It doesn't matter tho he is struggling shooting right now and is still finding a way to help the team (including playing his best defensive hockey in years) once he finds his scoring touch you will stop complaining.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

This idea that an assist is as valuable as a goal is hilarious, but I'll leave you to your opinion I suppose.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:14 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
This idea that an assist is as valuable as a goal is hilarious, but I'll leave you to your opinion I suppose.
I don't think they are as valuable but as long as he is playing solid defensive hockey and is doing what he can to help the team offensively I am not going to criticize or complain, now when he stops playing good defensive hockey or stops helping the team offensively then I will start complaining.

The fact is this team is 3 points out a playoffs spot and is one of the better offenses in the league without Iginla scoring and after some many years of him carrying this teams offense on his back I am more than willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he will get it going.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:19 PM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

Bottom line is we need our best players to be our best players. We need the Jarome that goes hard to the net and scores 30+ goals a year.

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:22 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarome Iginla View Post
Bottom line is we need our best players to be our best players. We need the Jarome that goes hard to the net and scores 30+ goals a year.
He isn't that player any more he is a much more passive player.