HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rumor and Proposals Thread Vol. 3: The one where the Oilers win every trade

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 05:22 PM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Have we talked about every player in the league yet? I feel like we've gone through every scenario possible.

As good as Hemsky and Gagner have been, it's a tough call as a fan because you know the both of them are at their highest values right now

Old
02-17-2013, 05:43 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

vCash: 1240
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Eberle is already better than Hemsky. Yakupov is 19 and fits our rebuild much better than a 29 year old Hemsky.

Eberle isn't better then Hemsky yet....he's getting there, but No where near as good as Hemsky.
i've seen Hemsky dominate and win games alone...Eberle has flashes of play during games in his budding career...so please, lets give Hemsky the props he deserves. no matter "new shiny toy" syndrome.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:46 PM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booyakasha View Post
Eberle isn't better then Hemsky yet....he's getting there, but No where near as good as Hemsky.
i've seen Hemsky dominate and win games alone...Eberle has flashes of play during games in his budding career...so please, lets give Hemsky the props he deserves. no matter "new shiny toy" syndrome.
like yesterday?

hemsky was dominant last night

he completely changed the game

Old
02-17-2013, 05:50 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejams View Post
I have a bad feeling about Eberle. I don't want to say unsustainable but you know..
5 goals in 14 games is a good scoring clip and he could (and should) have more. Hall and RNH have to chip in some more goals on that line.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:52 PM
OilDrop37

vCash: 50
Quote:
Nowhere near as good? Eberle is better now and in comparison to where they both were at 22, it's not even close.

I've seen Eberle do the same, at a younger age, with half as many brain dead mistakes that Hemsky makes.

Eberle has been here 3 years and is hardly the "new shiny toy". I like Hemsky, want him to remain an Oiler, he's a fantastic 2nd line RW that provides secondary scoring.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilDrop37 View Post
Nowhere near as good? Eberle is better now and in comparison to where they both were at 22, it's not even close.

I've seen Eberle do the same, at a younger age, with half as many brain dead mistakes that Hemsky makes.

Eberle has been here 3 years and is hardly the "new shiny toy". I like Hemsky, want him to remain an Oiler, he's a fantastic 2nd line RW that provides secondary scoring.

no. Eberle IS NOT "as good as"...

and like I said, that you failed to acknowledge,...YET. Eberle has a ways to go to get to Hemsky's level.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:01 PM
OilDrop37

Quote:
no. Eberle IS NOT "as good as"...

and like I said, that you failed to acknowledge,...YET. Eberle has a ways to go to get to Hemsky's level.
I'm quite happy that Hemsky is having a great start to the year, it's his fan club that makes me sad.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:06 PM
Booyakasha
Nailinus Omarkupov

same could be said about Eberle's fan club( which I am a member)..
except I am not blind to the obvious.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:11 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Eberle's best year is better than Hemsky's best. 76 points vs 77, but Eberle did it in fewer games and had 15 more goals and he was a plus player. He's also producing as much as Hemsky is right now and that is with most of us saying that Hemsky is playing great and Eberle hasn't quite clicked yet.

Hemsky is one of my favourite players on the team. But Eberle is a better player.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:34 PM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 100
Hemsky is better than Eberle imo, Eberle can't make everyone around him better like Hemsky does.

Ebs might be better in 2 years, but atm it's hemsky.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:34 PM
ZugNugget

Hemsky may be able to fetch a pretty good LW right now.

The whole point of picking the BPA in the draft is that you eventually deal the players you have to acquire other players who fit better (of similar talent levels).

Something around Hemsky for Kulemin would be ideal.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:40 PM
SDig14

If we could get a bigger powerforward type LW for Hemsky that could be a pretty solid upgrade.

It allows Yakupov to play his preferred position, and solidifies the top 6 wing positions for a long time.

Would allow us to draft a D or C, assuming BPA, and then it's up to Tambo to find a way to make an upgrade on D for next year with Whitney, Khabi, and hopefully Horcoff coming off the books.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:46 PM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
So which one do you move? Gagner who has defensive deficiencies but is younger or Hemsky who is older but adds gamebreaking speed and hands in full flight?
Gagner, if I had my way. I love Hemsky to death but I know he's probably not in Tambo's long term plans. I have no problems having Bailey as a centre. He's just not given the opportunity he needs in NY. As soon as JT was drafted Bailey was the odd man out nevermind he ran into some injury troubles. Nino gives us a power forward we don't have and coach Krueger can probably get the most out of him since he's a Swiss. Nino was a 4th OA pick not too long a go.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:52 PM
oilwings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
How does replacing Gagner with Bailey help this team get bigger and tougher?
I'll take a 6'1 centre over a 5'11 centre anyday of the week. Not to mention reuniting Bailey and Hall together with Eberle.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:58 PM
oilphan

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwings View Post
I'll take a 6'1 centre over a 5'11 centre anyday of the week. Not to mention reuniting Bailey and Hall together with Eberle.
Even when the 5'11 centre is a better player?

Old
02-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Paralyzer008

Sometimes Oiler fans need to actually watch the games of the teams they want to acquire players from.

Kulemin has been mediocre or bad this season in many of the games. He hasn't done much at all.

Bailey since his return has done nothing significant, him and Okposo are both struggling.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:59 PM
tiger_80

Quote:
yeah, those 2 inches in height make a huge difference. While we are at it, maybe we should trade Gagner for Colbourne or Jared Staal. I hear they are both 6.4''.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:00 PM
MinnesotaFats

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilphan View Post
Even when the 5'11 centre is a better player?
Wow. You guys have no idea who or what Bailey is. You should both watch a few Isle games and give your heads a shake. If Tambo dealt Gagner for Bailey , they'd laugh him out if the next GM meetings.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:01 PM
OilDrop37

Quote:
same could be said about Eberle's fan club( which I am a member)..
except I am not blind to the obvious.
Apparently you are.

Both players are offense first players, neither hit anything, PK or are ever used in a checking role. The difference between the 2? Eberle outscores Hemsky. Which is key when your comparing offensive players, no?

I think it's safe to say that we're both fans of BOTH players, I really like Hemsky although he tends to drive me crazy from time to time when he's trying to be a little too fancy with the puck. Same can be said for Eberle, I just don't see him doing it as much.

Anyway, I'm done with this. I've said my bit and I accept your opinion on the matter.

Peace

Old
02-17-2013, 07:03 PM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugNugget View Post
Hemsky may be able to fetch a pretty good LW right now.

The whole point of picking the BPA in the draft is that you eventually deal the players you have to acquire other players who fit better (of similar talent levels).

Something around Hemsky for Kulemin would be ideal.
No thanks, we don't need more small wingers.

If Hemmer is moved, it better be for a defenseman.

Quote:
Gags >>>Bailey.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Tedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
Wow. You guys have no idea who or what Bailey is. You should both watch a few Isle games and give your heads a shake. If Tambo dealt Gagner for Bailey , they'd laugh him out if the next GM meetings.
Yes the grass is greener elsewhere mentality, it never gets old. Both Hemsky and Gags look great this year, can't we just roll with it.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:24 PM
McClelland

Yakupov+Gagner+ 1th 2014 for Nicklas Backstrom Washington Capitals

Old
02-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonight We Are Young View Post
No thanks, we don't need more small wingers.

If Hemmer is moved, it better be for a defenseman.

Gags >>>Bailey.
Kulemin is 6'1" and 225lbs. He is hardly small.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Asher

How long is Kipper out?

To Calgary: Nikolai Khabibulin

To Edmonton: Joey MacDonald + 2013 1st round draft pick

Old
02-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Qrispy

Eberle is a better goal scorer than Hemsky but he's also more of a "silent assassin" type. Hemsky turns the puck over a lot but people need to remember that he's a game-breaker. There are good things and bad things that come with each player's style. I find it saddening that people underrate Hemsky so much even though he offers abilities to this team that no other player can currently provide.

I believe Hall and Yakupov were both touted as being game-breakers in their draft years but we haven't really seen that ability yet. Hall is close but he doesn't have the elite level finishing to be considered a game-breaker.

Closed Thread