HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Our prospects

Old
07-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future

vCash: 500
Our prospects

I posted this on the prospects board, I thought I'd post it here as well.

Of these Hab prospects, which ones do you see becoming regular NHLers and which ones do you see becoming impact NHL players? Which of these will never make it to the NHL? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Forwards:

Alex Perezhogin
Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn
Guillaume Latendresse
Kyle Chipchura
Mikhail Grabovsky
Mathieu Aubin
Matt D'Agostini
Ben Maxwell
Ryan White
Juraj Mikus
Corey Locke
Johnathan Ferland
Maxim Lapierre

Defenseman:

David Fischer
Alexei Emelin
Ryan O'Byrne
Oskari Korpikari
Mathieu Carle

Goalies:

Carey Price
Yann Danis
Jaroslav Halak

Let's try not to be too biased here, lets be honest.

Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Fozz

Those in bold will make it IMO. If not with the Habs, with another NHL team. Impact player as indicated:

Alex Perezhogin
Andrei Kostitsyn IMPACT!
Sergei Kostitsyn
Guillaume Latendresse
Kyle Chipchura IMPACT!
Mikhail Grabovsky IMPACT!
Mathieu Aubin
Matt D'Agostini
Ben Maxwell
Ryan White
Juraj Mikus
Corey Locke
Johnathan Ferland
Maxim Lapierre

Defenseman:

David Fischer IMPACT!
Alexei Emelin
Ryan O'Byrne
Oskari Korpikari
Mathieu Carle

Goalies:

Carey Price IMPACT!
Yann Danis
Jaroslav Halak

Last edited by Fozz: 07-13-2006 at 01:48 PM.
Fozz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Talent Analyst

Alex PerezhoginIMPACT!
Andrei Kostitsyn IMPACT!
Sergei Kostitsyn
Guillaume Latendresse
Kyle Chipchura IMPACT!
Mathieu Aubin
Matt D'Agostini
Ben Maxwell
Ryan White
Juraj Mikus
Corey Locke
Johnathan Ferland
Maxim Lapierre

Defenseman:

David Fischer IMPACT!
Alexei Emelin
Ryan O'Byrne
Oskari Korpikari
Mathieu Carle

Goalies:

Carey Price IMPACT!
Yann Danis
Jaroslav Halak[/QUOTE]

Talent Analyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 12:51 PM
BigTimer*

Alex Perezhogin 2nd line
Andrei Kostitsyn IMPACT!
Sergei Kostitsyn 2nd line
Guillaume Latendresse IMPACT!
Kyle Chipchura 3rd line
Mathieu Aubin 2nd/3rd line
Matt D'Agostini
Ben Maxwell 2nd line
Ryan White 3rd line
Juraj Mikus
Corey Locke
Johnathan Ferland 4th line
Maxim Lapierre 3rd line

Defenseman:

David Fischer IMPACT!
Alexei Emelin 2nd pairing
Ryan O'Byrne 3rd pairing
Oskari Korpikari
Mathieu Carle 7th d-man

Goalies:

Carey Price IMPACT!
Yann Danis Backup
Jaroslav Halak Backup

BigTimer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 12:58 PM
tinyzombies

I don't think we have any impact players. I think Lapierre has a shot.

Alex Perezhogin
Andrei Kostitsyn
Sergei Kostitsyn
Guillaume Latendresse
Kyle Chipchura
Mikhail Grabovsky
Mathieu Aubin
Matt D'Agostini
Ben Maxwell
Ryan White
Juraj Mikus
Corey Locke
Johnathan Ferland
Maxim Lapierre

Defenseman:

David Fischer
Alexei Emelin
Ryan O'Byrne
Oskari Korpikari
Mathieu Carle
Valentenko

Goalies:

Carey Price
Yann Danis as a backup only
Jaroslav Halak

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 01:04 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Well Perezhogin is already an NHLer.

Kostitsyn will see time in the NHL this year I'd assume. Don't know if he will get a full time roster spot, wouldn't be shocked to see him rotate in and out of Hamilton unless he has a great camp.

Chipchura will be a full time NHLer, can't say how long it takes him to get there. Imo he has NHL written all over him. I could see him getting in a small handful of games this year if injuries hit. I don't expect him to push for a roster spot for another year or two. Really liked what I saw from him in Hamilton in the 3 games I saw him play.

Lapierre is like Chipchura in that imo he's got NHL written all over him. I can't see him not playing in the NHL. I personally think he spends most of the season in Hamilton but he will see time with the Habs and it won't be too long before he's a regular imo.

Ferland I hope to see him improve his foot speed and acceleration. Injuries have hampered his development, causing him to miss a large chunk of time. I don't know if he can get a roster spot this year but I expect him to fight hard for one and to see time witht he Habs. If not I expect a big year from him offensively in Hamilton assuming he clears waivers, which I would think he would. His offensive production hasn't been very good since turning pro but injuries have gotten in the way and he also brings a lot more then just production. That said I think he's got decent hands and could be a lot more productive.

Latendresse at this point is going back to Drummondville, but it's only July. If he has a really strong camp again I don't know what Gainey will chose to do. Frankly I have no problem seeing him in the Q, playing for Team Canada, then joining Hamilton after the Volt's season is done then spending a year in the AHL. Then again I am very high on his skills and if he improves his mobility, foot speed, acceleration who knows how fast he'll be a Hab. This team does not rush it's prospects, but perhaps Lats can force them to keep him.

Grabovsky I could see getting a spot with the team but I could easily see him in Hamilton as well. Who knows how he will adapt to the smaller rinks and more physical style of hockey. It's a concern I had with Perezhogin, they both were very good in the RSL but the lack of strength has been a problem for Perezhogin imo, we'll see how it effects Grabo. That said he's the most exciting prospect we have signed since Kostitsyn. Can't wait to see this guy in action. I think very strongly he will see the NHL at some point, either this year or next. I expect him to get in a couple games with the Habs but it's hard to say what sort of injury troubles we will run into.

Siarhei Kostitsyn has really grown on me. He's still a couple years away but will be in Hamilton after this season and from there I hope to see him make the Habs with in a couple seasons. What an exciting player to watch, he's quickly become one of my favorite prospects.

Don't know what to make of Locke. imo with Ribeiro on the team he doesn't stand much of a chance since they play a similar style. That said we'll see what he does at camp and how much he's improved.

The rest of the forwards are still a couple years away from showing what they can do. D'Agostini and Aubin are closer since they should be rookies in Hamilton but may take a couple years to progress/develop.

On defese I could see Fischer being years away. I don't expect much from him this year, it would be great to see him get a spot with Team USA but he may have to wait a year.

O'Bryne imo is a NHLer in a couple years as long as he continues to progress. Emelin sould become an NHLer even sooner since he's already playing at a top level. Would be great to see Emelin come over this year if possible. If not I don't mind waiting 2 years. O'Byrne I suspect will be at Cornell this season and then Hamilton next season.

Korpikari I'm interested to see what they do with him. Would really like to see him signed and in Hamilton but one more year isn't a big deal, more that we have the space and need to develop more defensemen the sooner the better.

Carle will likely be in Hamilton after this season since he's a late birthdate. From there we'll see what he can do with the Dogs.

Price hopefully is the starter for Team Canada and has a great tournament. After that we'll see what he does when he receaches Hamilton. Should be a NHLer for sure.

Danis I don't know what the plans for him are. We'll have to wait and see what Gainey does with Abby first but perhaps we see Danis as Huet's backup if not this year then next.

Halak I was so impressed with this year, he really played well and had a great season. That said we need to see him do it over the course of an entire season in Hamilton, then we'll get a better feel for what he can do. I didn't use to think of him as having much NHL upside but after seeing him a more last year in the Q I started to change my opinion, but when I saw him in the ECHL and AHL, I started to really believe this kid could be something special but need to see more of it over a longer time frame.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2006, 01:07 PM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Those in bold will make it IMO. If not with the Habs, with another NHL team. Impact player has indicated:

Alex PerezhoginIMPACT!
Andrei Kostitsyn IMPACT!
Sergei Kostitsyn
Guillaume LatendresseIMPACT!
Kyle Chipchura
Mathieu Aubin
Matt D'Agostini
Ben Maxwell
Ryan White
Juraj Mikus
Corey Locke