HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarmo might trade Jack Johnson.

Old
02-17-2013, 04:39 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I would have an insane amount of respect for Kekalainen if he managed to trade Johnson and get a good return. It would take some serious balls, and he'd probably fleece someone.
This. JJ still sucks, but for some reason he's highly valued. Jarmko is a corsi guy, no? If so, they can sell high on Johnson.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:41 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yes the +- statistic is the be all end all for judging defensive ability.
It usually isn't, but in that case it absolutely is.

Jack Johnson is not good defensively. I love the dude to death for his dedication to and activism with USA Hockey, but he's not good.

I loved playing against him when he was on LA, usually good for a major gaffe a game.

In the SJ game, where the Jackets killed us, the only players who were positive Corsi-wise and scoring chance-wise on the Sharks were the three forwards that lined up against Johnson.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:53 PM
Flat Stanley

vCash: 500
I don't see Johnson getting traded but if he is, I think the Penguins would be interested, so would a lot of other teams.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:54 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
This. JJ still sucks, but for some reason he's highly valued. Jarmko is a corsi guy, no? If so, they can sell high on Johnson.

Wow, it's as though Nash never left. "He sucks, but for some reason he's highly thought of."

Swear to G-d, we could draft MacKinnon-Drouin and within a year they'd both "suck".

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:05 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post

Wow, it's as though Nash never left. "He sucks, but for some reason he's highly thought of."

Swear to G-d, we could draft MacKinnon-Drouin and within a year they'd both "suck".
Look, I'm rooting for the Jackets. Johnson sucking is just a fact. Tyutin and Nikitin are much better players (although Nikitin's had a rough start, he was absolutely brilliant in the Edmonton game). Erixon is a total stud. I love Ryan Murray's game. I'm still high on Johansen, Atkinson is extremely over-looker, I think that the Nash return was good. I just also think that Johnson sucks.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Dr Awesome
Bo "knows" Horvat

vCash: 538
Either way how this plays out its going to be interesting for BlueJackacts moving forward.

Dr Awesome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:13 PM
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys

Quote:

I love the Jackets and always play as them on NHL 13, and I have thought JJ sucked far before he was traded to Columbus. Happy?

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Byrral

Wonder if the people who are totally underrating JMFJ are watching the same player that's been on the CBJ. Or maybe I'm underrating ROR but I don't think so. Some of the offers from the Avs fans are suprising. No way I trade a 30 min a night top line defenseman for a second line center even though I like him and think he would certainly add to the teams core. And not a chance ROR gets JJ straight up much less adding more assets.

Byrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Look, I'm rooting for the Jackets. Johnson sucking is just a fact. Tyutin and Nikitin are much better players (although Nikitin's had a rough start, he was absolutely brilliant in the Edmonton game). Erixon is a total stud. I love Ryan Murray's game. I'm still high on Johansen, Atkinson is extremely over-looker, I think that the Nash return was good. I just also think that Johnson sucks.
Think you need to take a look at the game replay from last night and watch him play. He is a good prospect but he's quite a ways away from being considered a stud. He's been overmatched the past couple of games.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:20 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Jack Johnson was a -1 in a game the Jackets won 6-2 against the Sharks. He's not good.
Yours argument is basically this:

Johnson's no Lidstrom by any stretch of the imagination, but from what I've watched, he's been better on the jackets than he was on the Kings by a large margin.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:21 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

The assumption that Kekalainen, who has some of the best scouting eyes in the hockey world, would check Jack Johnson's corsi stats and decide to trade him is hilarious.

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:32 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrral View Post
Think you need to take a look at the game replay from last night and watch him play. He is a good prospect but he's quite a ways away from being considered a stud. He's been overmatched the past couple of games.
In fairness, I haven't paid super close attention to Erixon in the NHL, but he was a total stud in the AHL games that I watched. I'm sure he's just getting used to the NHL, he'll be great soon.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:35 PM
CBJ103

Maybe it might be more accurate if the thread title was "Jarmo might trade anyone, or everyone." On the CBJ list of who is most likely to be traded, I would guess that Jack Johnson is near the bottom.

CBJ103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:38 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Jarmo is a development guy. Most likely he will move rentals at the deadline for picks and build from within, instead of trading big names like Johnson.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 05:49 PM
Byrral

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Jarmo is a development guy. Most likely he will move rentals at the deadline for picks and build from within, instead of trading big names like Johnson.
I agree. I would targets guys like Umberger, Tyutin, Brassard and Mason as guys likely available. Tyutin more for that contract length. Wiz might also be in that mix but although overpaid a bit he adds that grit and RH power play shot that our team needs. Might not be the Johansen's or Jenner's the board wants to see but it's more likely.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:51 PM
deckercky

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
That makes a lot more sense. Move expiring contracts for picks whenever possible.

Just looking at capgeek - did Aucoin really sign a 1 year contract with NMC? I guess to prevent being waived, so I'd guess he'd accept a trade to a buyer at the trade deadline. If this year is like last year, he should fetch a 2nd pretty easily.

deckercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

wow where to start....

a) most of you obviously have not watched Johnson play since he left the kings...he's been far more defensively responsible and playing a **** ton of minutes for the Jackets. Only way he is going to be traded is from a HUGE overpayment by another team that we simply cannot say no to.

b) we do not want your scraps for our players...yes i said scraps, b/c thats what its becoming with the same junk being floated around in all these threads ROR for xyz..we don't want another 2nd line Center...we have plenty of them...we do not want Gunnarson, or any other leaf in a deal...the ones we'd want won't be traded and the ones being offered, we DO NOT WANT, nor would they be our "Best Prospect"

c) "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies and statistics."
- Mark Twain's Own Autobiography: The Chapters from the North American Review

UGH... /rant

Last edited by Fro: 02-17-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:15 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
He's be a genius if he traded Johnson for a good return, because those stats are absolutely right, but it is also a hard sell. Even though he is a new GM and could get away with it, Johnson has been their golden boy who has shown unconditional loyalty and enthusiasm for the franchise. For a young and struggling franchise like that, for a new player to come in excited about his new team and looking to lead the team to success, it beams hope to the fans, and to turn around and immediately trade him will probably be a turn off for the fanbase. Though it would be an extremely smart move to strike while the iron is hot with Johnson...
Absolutely. Trading Johnson should be the last thing on anyone's mind. With the Jackets luck, they'd acquire two guys who wouldnt want to be there, who would cry foul for two years until they were subsequently traded.

Petes2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Kershaw

Quote:

Nash too, is overrated like Johnson. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with that.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:22 PM
AKL
#AnyoneButThem

Quote:

People were saying Johnson sucked defensively before he came to Columbus. In fact, that's the main reason LA traded him.

AKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:24 PM
bobafettish*

bring him back to the kings. bernier ++

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:26 PM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J StClair28 View Post
People were saying Johnson sucked defensively before he came to Columbus. In fact, that's the main reason LA traded him.
no the main reason was cause they were last in offense and needed a scorer.

JJ has mental flairs ups but he's not as bad as his +/- indicates.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:28 PM
TSA0402

Johnson hasn't been that bad defensively. I would in no stretch call him a very good defensive defenceman, but he has been pretty solid. Made a few mistakes, but his game makes up for it.

Better than I expected. Jarmo would be a fool to trade him. Nikitin has been choking much more as of late.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

I love hearing opinions on a player from people that don't watch him every game. Seriously this thread is one of the worst I've seen on here in a long time.

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:59 PM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Fail.

CBJBrassard16 is online now   Reply With Quote