HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Dallas Stars
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #16: vs Calgary, 2/17 (5:00 PM, Fox Sports Southwest, 1310 AM, 104.1 FM)

Old
02-17-2013, 08:10 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

vCash: 746
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrailSwan View Post
I mean I get wanting to do that, but I don't get the "he just got blown out by Calgary, so let's try him again against them" part.
You let the guy bounce back. He didn't, that's the risk.

The sad thing is the defense played decent tonight (26 SoG against).

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:23 PM
catters078

vCash: 500
I know most will disagree here but Id play Campbell.

We invested a high pick in the kid, lets give him 1-2 games till kari returns (hoping thats it). Lets see what hes got at NHl level.

we are still a team in development mode who has to focus on the future, lets play a goalie we invested alot in. i feel its a good oppurtunity.

I know most will disagree but i dont care. he has been ok of late in the AHl. Give him a couple of starts to see what he has.

If he struggles then swing nilstrop in and campbell can go back to the AHL for further nurturing.

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:25 PM
Satan
bend to squares

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by catters078 View Post

We invested a high pick in the kid, lets give him 1-2 games till kari returns (hoping thats it). Lets see what hes got at NHl level.

we are still a team in development mode who has to focus on the future, lets play a goalie we invested alot in. i feel its a good oppurtunity.

I know most will disagree but i dont care. he has been ok of late in the AHl. Give him a couple of starts to see what he has.

If he struggles then swing nilstrop in and campbell can go back to the AHL for further nurturing.
The organization believes they can make the playoffs now. Campbell doesn't get the call unless Kari and Bachs/Nils get hurt.

Satan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:26 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:

Why would you rush a goalie and ruin his development? He's 21 years old, as of last month. Let him be the man down in Austin, he's finally turning it around.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:26 PM
Troy McClure

Eakin's goal was changed to Roussel.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

vCash: 558
Wish we had some defense.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:45 PM
KiedisA

So that Daley fellow is pretty important.. ******* it pisses me off to shovel two points to a bottom 5 team in the West..

Robi - Dillon is the only pair that play hard every night and Goose-Larsen is sinking even deeper.. Rome at least is showing he's dependable and should play a bit more.

KiedisA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:03 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Robi-Dillon
Rome-Larsen
Oleksiak-Goligoski

Should be the pairs with Daley out.

Old
02-17-2013, 09:28 PM
catters078

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Why would you rush a goalie and ruin his development? He's 21 years old, as of last month. Let him be the man down in Austin, he's finally turning it around.
Been in system 3 years, giving him a stint of 2-3 games is hardly rushing

Some may argue it improves the development of a young goalie to get NHl time in his 3rd year, even if its 1-3 games.

Maybe it will do wonders for him, give him the taste of whats on offer

catters078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Missed this one, went to see Die Hard.

Not a bad flick.

Come back and see the score, and I just laughed.

That's six points now that we've gifted to bottom-feeders. Four to Calgary and two to Columbus.

Points we'll need if there's even a remote shot at making the playoffs. Can't let these gimmes continue to bite them in the ass every single time, ESPECIALLY after what we saw them do to Vancouver, IN VANCOUVER.

This team's got a Jekyll and Hyde thing going on something fierce.

02-17-2013, 10:10 PM
MB94
@MBFarina94

Can someone explain to me how we blew it in the third? I missed the third due to my hockey game and we looked great in the second. And we usually look great in the 3rd

MB94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:31 PM
CRSeven
Ballon d'Or 2013

vCash: 375
Lol, I'm glad I stopped watching it after the 2nd period.

CRSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Your 3rd kid line plus Ryder can't be your best line and expect to win most nights.

Terribad probably isn't sufficient to describe just how bad this defense is. Losing Daley and perhaps Lehtonen for any real length of time will sink this club regardless of how good the offense is at times.

Bachman just isn't big enough to cover the net and his ability doesn't make up for that size issue. He's not an NHL quality netminder and behind this defense that's a disaster.

Loui Eriksson needs to play better if this team is going to win. Morrow-Benn-Jagr weren't good enough tonight.

Goligoski is awful. That contract extension of his looks worse by the game. At this point I don't think you could even trade him for much of anything. It's painful to watch him on the ice most of the time.

Barkov or bust; here we come.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:12 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Looking at Robidas' stat line, I simply don't understand how he has 6 assists and is a +7. Something isn't adding up.

Eriksson is having a terrible year, he's a -6 and isn't scoring like he usually is.

Didn't watch this game, so I'm not going to comment. Sounds like a ****** effort, though. First line should've produced at least something, can't rely on our depth that much.

Also, watching the highlights and from what I've seen, Eakin is a #2 center on most teams.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:23 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

I think the top 6's struggles are why we saw Loui get put on Benn and Jagr's line in the 3rd period. Loui can't seem to find consistency with any of his linemates but Jagr this year. They talked about putting him back on RW to jump start him, but I think Loui-Benn-Jagr is the best way to jump start him.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:57 PM
Shady12
12-13 FGotG Champion

Quote:
Been in system 3 years, giving him a stint of 2-3 games is hardly rushing

Some may argue it improves the development of a young goalie to get NHl time in his 3rd year, even if its 1-3 games.

Maybe it will do wonders for him, give him the taste of whats on offer
Hasn't he been in the system for half a season? He may have been drafted a few years ago but he's played 35 pro games in the Stars system. Playing him now would be rushing him. No reason to do it unless you have to.

Shady12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:05 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
Looking at Robidas' stat line, I simply don't understand how he has 6 assists and is a +7. Something isn't adding up.

Eriksson is having a terrible year, he's a -6 and isn't scoring like he usually is.
Robidas gets very lucky at times. Look at the Garbutt goal. Robidas made a terrible in his own zone then got extremely lucky to get the puck out. Then Garbutt carries the puck down the ice drives the net and gets the rebound. Robidas ends up with an assist and a + on a play which should have resulted in a quality Calgary scoring chance.

Eriksson just looks off this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady12 View Post
Hasn't he been in the system for half a season? He may have been drafted a few years ago but he's played 35 pro games in the Stars system. Playing him now would be rushing him. No reason to do it unless you have to.
He got 12 games in last year with Texas plus the games he's had this season. You are right in that he's young and there's no need to rush him. 21 in still young for a goalie.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

1 game isn't rushing him...

Old
02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
1 game isn't rushing him...
It's unnecessary. He's had some rough patches in his development and had some challenges at the start of the season. He finally seems to be finding his grove in Austin. He had two good months (9 games) in the AHL this season. Let's see if he can keep that up before we start thinking about bringing him to the NHL.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:25 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Like a C5 View Post
It's unnecessary. He's had some rough patches in his development and had some challenges at the start of the season. He finally seems to be finding his grove in Austin. He had two good months (9 games) in the AHL this season. Let's see if he can keep that up before we start thinking about bringing him to the NHL.
I agree, simply stating that rushing him isn't the right term to use here.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:37 AM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
I think the top 6's struggles are why we saw Loui get put on Benn and Jagr's line in the 3rd period. Loui can't seem to find consistency with any of his linemates but Jagr this year. They talked about putting him back on RW to jump start him, but I think Loui-Benn-Jagr is the best way to jump start him.
Wasn't Loui only put on that line because Morrow went in the tunnel?

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:40 AM
HatchtrickBateman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiedisA View Post

Robi - Dillon is the only pair that play hard every night and Goose-Larsen is sinking even deeper.. Rome at least is showing he's dependable and should play a bit more.
This.. Robi-Dillon is our best pair right now. Both have been breaking up alot of plays. Been pretty impressed with Robidas on the pk lately, and Dillon's offensive awareness as well... Tonight sucked though. I have always been a Bachman supporter but this year he just looks so rough out there. All over the place.

Also really hoping Eriksson can get it together. I haven't had a problem with Morrow's play as he's gotten steadily better recently(still funny to see the board freak out on him on that hit that turned out to be a Jagr hook. Benn makes that hit, nothing of the sort would be posted.) But alas if it means Eriksson heating up I'm fine with him playing up there.

Last edited by HatchtrickBateman: 02-18-2013 at 12:46 AM.
HatchtrickBateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:47 AM
Hull Fan
Czech Stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brand New Stars View Post
Wasn't Loui only put on that line because Morrow went in the tunnel?
Probably and unfortunately he didn't do all that great so we'll see more of Morrow there.

Hull Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

vCash: 2111
Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
I fail to see the problem with going hey Jack, you've been great, we're giving you a one game taste of the NHL so you can actually see what you need to work on over the next year.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:55 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

It comes down to focus I think. How many times have we heard post game remarks about playing a full 60 minutes? They went to sleep after the 2nd period thinking they had the game won, despite the fact that they did the exact same comeback in Vancouver on Friday. When the Flames got the momentum going, the Stars had no answer. Defensive breakdowns like the 2nd Calgary goal are simply unacceptable, and Bachman isn't going to bail out the team with that level of defending.

I agree with Nihlstorp getting the next start, Campbell staying in Austin, and Robidas-Dillon looking like the top pairing.

Anybody else starting to regret trading Fistric?

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote