HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Request: a post-limit before allowed to start new threads here

Closed Thread

Old
07-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Pepper

vCash: 500
Request: a post-limit before allowed to start new threads here

It's getting totally frustrating with these "aebischer + zednik + 2nd for Lecavalier" -threads, usually started by posters with very few posts. Now some of them might be Habs fans, some of them are just looking for attention but it eats precious bandwidth and buries some of the genuine topics here.

How about a 500 or 1000 post limit before you're allowed to start a new thread in the trade forum, that would limit the number of stupid proposals not good for anything but flamefests to minimum.

Old
07-11-2006, 04:50 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

Old
07-11-2006, 04:50 PM
bcrt2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
It's getting totally frustrating with these "aebischer + zednik + 2nd for Lecavalier" -threads, usually started by posters with very few posts. Now some of them might be Habs fans, some of them are just looking for attention but it eats precious bandwidth and buries some of the genuine topics here.

How about a 500 or 1000 post limit before you're allowed to start a new thread in the trade forum, that would limit the number of stupid proposals not good for anything but flamefests to minimum.
The only problem with that is sometimes some newbie signs on who is a tipster, and tells us of a deal thats going down before it happens. I'm pretty sure it happened last season quite a few times.

Plus Bobby Mac doesn't even have 500 posts.

Old
07-11-2006, 04:52 PM
MrMackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000 View Post
The only problem with that is sometimes some newbie signs on who is a tipster, and tells us of a deal thats going down before it happens. I'm pretty sure it happened last season quite a few times.

Plus Bobby Mac doesn't even have 500 posts.
Rumours from 'tipsters' are usually dismissed by the average person here anyways, unless that tipster has proven media credentials, backed up by HF mods... which would be the natural exception to Pepper's request.

Old
07-11-2006, 04:57 PM
wyldthing89

I understand your point but it"s not the number of post that counts it's the quality. I'm pretty sure some peoples who just discover this forum like me wont wait to get 1000 posts to put their ideas.

Do you think that some peoples can start posting everywhere for nothing just to get those 500 or 1000 posts.

I think this job goes to moderators to stop them and i think they do a pretty nice job with that.

I have about 50 posts here since i start in January, at this pace i will be able to start a thread in 2011

But i'm agree with you that some newbies dont read a lot before starting something.

Old
07-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Lowetide

That's crazy. Oilers would need at least a high pick coming back for this to work.

Old
07-11-2006, 05:18 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

The number of posts a member makes has no correlation with the quality of the posts. For instance, I have literally thousands of crappy posts. I'm sure there are some posters who only have a few posts, but they are all very good.

Silly thread.

Old
07-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Don't judge a poster on the amount of posts they have. I have tons, but I haven't really said anything of value.

Old
07-11-2006, 05:22 PM
Bish Please
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 50
How about a proposal board aswell as a trade rumor/free agent board?

Have the proposal board for people's ideas and the trade rumor/free agent board for radio/tv/newspaper rumors and free agent signings.

Old
07-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Or how about we just throw the Trade proposal threads out of this board alltogether? They're all just fantasies anyway and since this section is all about trade rumours and official transactions, trade proposals should atleast have a" legitimate" rumour behind them.

Old
07-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Mr Sakich

i think pepper has made a great suggestion and I would like to see it go one step further.

From now on, before anyone can post a new thread or even a reply, they should send it to Pepper so he can vette it to ensure it meets his standards. IN this way, we can all be enlightened without having to drudge through sub-par drivel.

Think of all the pixels that are wasted, yes wasted, on ideas that don't meet Pepper's reasonable standards. The cost to our society is unsustainable.

I nominate Pepper for "King of the Internet" and humbly await his direction.

Old
07-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Finkle is Einhorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedberg View Post
Don't judge a poster on the amount of posts they have. I have tons, but I haven't really said anything of value.
I, on the other hand, have written something of immense value with each of my posts. Even this one ranks in the top 3% of quality posts ever written on this board.

Old
07-11-2006, 05:27 PM
Art Vandelay

Send a message via MSN to Art Vandelay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
How about a proposal board aswell as a trade rumor/free agent board?

Have the proposal board for people's ideas and the trade rumor/free agent board for radio/tv/newspaper rumors and free agent signings.
Good idea.

Old
07-11-2006, 05:27 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Your request has been noted, and will be processed for our analysis within 6-8 years. Thank you for your input, and for shopping HFBOARDS.com!

::dialtone::

Closed Thread