HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ales Hemsky at the Deadline

Old
02-17-2013, 11:18 PM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetlebum View Post
Tallinder, Merill, and Teddy for Hemsky and a 2nd

Tallinder and Teddy for Hemsky
Doesn't do anything for the Oilers needs, and wouldn't want Merill anywhere near the Oiler locker-room. Tallinder and Teddy offer would have Tambo laughing for a week.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:03 AM
MessierII

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
I'm not saying I want this, but how would Horton for Hemsky be as a base?
A good base. I've liked Horton since his early days with Florida. He would be that big presence our top 6 lacks.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:07 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by malksby8771 View Post
Pens offer Maata and a 1st for Hemsky and Peckham.
As a Pens fan, I say hell no x infinity.

Honour Over Glory is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:10 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
As a Pens fan, I say hell no x infinity.

Only on HF.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post

Only on HF.
Really, you can't fathom the notion that I wouldn't want the Pens to give up a stud defense prospect (a 1st rounder at that) and a 1st round pick in a deep draft for a guy that might be a 6th defenseman, maybe 7th on the Pens and a winger that isn't nowhere near worth the package the Pens are giving up?

Well, colour me surprised.

We didn't want him for Staal, we don't want him for a blue chip d prospect and a 1st rounder in a deep draft. Stop acting like your feelings are hurt by this and look at it from a logic standpoint, it'll make more sense. You'll be less sore about it.

I'll take my chances with Beau Bennett or the rental Shero gets for Malkin's line or whatever he ends up doing. In any case, Dupuis and Kunitz are having a hell of a season so far with Sid 100%. Hemsky would be nice, but hell no for that price, hell no.

I'd rather see Shero go after Setoguchi, he's kind of lazy at times, but he's a fairly physical player that has a decent upside and most importantly, he'd cost less.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:14 AM
Kershaw

Quote:
Really, you can't fathom the notion that I wouldn't want the Pens to give up a stud defense prospect (a 1st rounder at that) and a 1st round pick in a deep draft for a guy that might be a 6th defenseman, maybe 7th on the Pens and a winger that isn't nowhere near worth the package the Pens are giving up?

We didn't want him for Staal, we don't want him for a blue chip d prospect and a 1st rounder in a deep draft. Stop acting like your feelings are hurt by this and look at it from a logic standpoint, it'll make more sense. You'll be less sore about it.
Olli Maata is now a bluechip prospect?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Seto
New Jersey 5000

Oilers 1st plus Hemsky for 1st Overall

Seto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:15 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:

Yep. Only on HF is a fresh 22nd overall still playing in the O and a late first round pick worth more than a proven 50-60 pt winger in his prime.

I'd say colour me surprised too, but Pens fans are well known for being out of touch.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:17 AM
eklunds source

Hemsky is the Oilers' 2nd best forward by a mile. If they're serious about competing next season, they need to keep him.

eklunds source is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:19 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Yep. Only on HF is a fresh 22nd overall still playing in the O and a late first round pick worth more than a proven 50-60 pt winger in his prime.

I'd say colour me surprised too, but Pens fans are well known for being out of touch.
We're known for being out of touch? Lol, you're now dissing Maatta for his draft year and the Pens late 1st.

Your problem is that you took it personal. And you say I'm out of touch?

2008-09 is when Hemsky was a 66pt player, or better yet, better than 50-60pt winger, since then he's been out with injuries and his production has dropped. You have to be kidding yourself if you think his value is still the same as that year, it clearly isn't and you're so out of touch, Hall & Oates should be suing you for infringement.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklunds source View Post
Hemsky is the Oilers' 2nd best forward by a mile. If they're serious about competing next season, they need to keep him.
Is he really?

I thought it was Eberle and Hall as their #1 and #2.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:28 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Again.

What motivates the Bruins, a team in playoff position to trading one of their key cogs in their top six for Hemsky? Horton's proven to play well in the system while Hemsky is still a question mark.

The Oilers have to make it sweet enough for the Bruins to do it. Straight up doesn't entice the Bruins who want to make a run. If the Oilers find a way to fill another Bruin need, then they might bite at it. Otherwise, there's nothing that makes the Bruins want to do that.
What motivates the Oilers, trading a player because they are likely out of playoff contention, who has 1 year extra on his contract for a player that will what... play 13 games as an Oiler and then be open to the highest bidder as a UFA?

How does that make any sort of sense for the Oilers?

You only trade Hemsky if you aren't going to make the playoffs. You don't trade for a UFA if you aren't going to make the playoffs.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:36 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

Quote:
We're known for being out of touch? Lol, you're now dissing Maatta for his draft year and the Pens late 1st.

2008-09 is when Hemsky was a 66pt player, or better yet, better than 50-60pt winger, since then he's been out with injuries and his production has dropped. You have to be kidding yourself if you think his value is still the same as that year, it clearly isn't and you're so out of touch, Hall & Oates should be suing you for infringement.
Did my comment upset you? Seems like it. You're obsessing over it.

Hemsky injuries are a thing of the past, he has shown this year that he has regained his previous form. we are not trading Hemsky for a pile of junk like Maatta and your 1st. Just because you are living 2 years in the past (AKA being out of touch) doesn't mean the world of hockey hasn't changed since then. Try and keep up.

Time will tell if Hemsky can maintain, but he can no longer be valued at his previous injured state.

We can offer you Paajarvi and a 2nd for that package though.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:42 AM
Oiltankjob Fail

vCash: 50
Quote:
Did my comment upset you? Seems like it. You're obsessing over it.

Hemsky injuries are a thing of the past, he has shown this year that he has regained his previous form. we are not trading Hemsky for a pile of junk like Maatta and your 1st. Just because you are living 2 years in the past (AKA being out of touch) doesn't mean the world of hockey hasn't changed since then. Try and keep up.

Time will tell if Hemsky can maintain, but he can no longer be valued at his previous injured state.

We can offer you Paajarvi and a 2nd for that package though.
Its kinda funny how posters keep saying he is made of glass when he has played 573 games in this league (And this includes a lost season and lockout)and will finish his career with over 1000 gp he is only 29

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:14 AM
CheerstoBeers

to Bos:

Whitney + Hemsky

To Edm:

Boychuk + Spooner/Koko + pick

Whitney and Boychuk....... Whitney is from Bos, Boychuk is from Edmonton...Whitney seems to need a change of scenery after struggling this season. A bit of a wash but Edm gets a solid defender for the next few years with a so-so contract and Bruins get a potential rental

So basically Hemsky for a top prospect and a high pick..I'm sure Edm fans would love a Yakupov - Koko combo

CheerstoBeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:32 AM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:

You have to kidding yourself if you think Maata is a blue chip prospect.

Pekka Rinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:35 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Its kinda funny how posters keep saying he is made of glass when he has played 573 games in this league (And this includes a lost season and lockout)and will finish his career with over 1000 gp he is only 29
Out of a possible 738 games in the NHL. Not including this season. I didn't say he was made out of glass and I'm not upset with that other poster and Maatta isn't a blue chip prospect anymore? Well, hell...we might as well dump him because he is crap, if that's the case, might as well be for Hemsky.

Curious how you Oilers fans describe Marincin, Klefbom, and Musil.

To save each other a headache.

Pens & Oilers do not make good trading partners at all. I've seen the discussions for Staal, it will never be a good discussion for Hemsky to Penguins. Until the day it happens and people are shocked.

Last edited by Honour Over Glory: 02-18-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Old
02-18-2013, 01:46 AM
SephF
See you next time

Quote:
Is he really?

I thought it was Eberle and Hall as their #1 and #2.
This season Hall, Hemsky and Gagner have been Edmontons best forwards.

SephF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Slatsmsg

The Oilers made it clear when they re-signed Hemsky last season that they had no intention of letting him go.

HF has historically lambasted Hemsky and his injuries and this has undervalued him.

He looks great this season, belongs in Edmonton's top 6. Edmonton would not trade him even if they are falling out of contention unless they got a sizeable return to fill a major need, top 4 D plus or a big bodies legit top 6 winger.

I love seeing him come back so strong. Not going anywhere.

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:20 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
The Oilers made it clear when they re-signed Hemsky last season that they had no intention of letting him go.

HF has historically lambasted Hemsky and his injuries and this has undervalued him.

He looks great this season, belongs in Edmonton's top 6. Edmonton would not trade him even if they are falling out of contention unless they got a sizeable return to fill a major need, top 4 D plus or a big bodies legit top 6 winger.

Do you have any proof that the Oilers have no intention in trading Hemsky.

WeridAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:22 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:

That's good, he's where he belongs and that's why he re-signed and why the management wanted him around.

So let's just keep it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
Do you have any proof that the Oilers have no intention in trading Hemsky.
Probably the whole "re-signed him last year" part is a dead give away. Teams tend to move guys instead of re-sign them if they want to go in another direction. Hemsky seems to want to be there and the management wants him there, he's got 7 goals this season, he's where he should be.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:49 AM
Paralyzer008

Heads up, Oiler fans are looking for players, not future packages.

I'm wondering what Jets fans think about a Hemsky for Bogo swap.

Kane-Jokinen-Hemsky
Ladd-Little-Wheeler

top six?

next year you could role with Kane-Scheifele-Hemsky

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:52 AM
Joey Moss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer008 View Post
Heads up, Oiler fans are looking for players, not future packages.

I'm wondering what Jets fans think about a Hemsky for Bogo swap.

Kane-Jokinen-Hemsky
Ladd-Little-Wheeler

top six?
I'm thinking you're going to get ripped for that proposal.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:57 AM
Needles

Quote:
Yeah, just like Jeff Carter in Philly.

Needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:03 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

If the Oilers are going to trade Hemsky, it'll be in a package with a few others players and prospects or picks for an NHL roster player: a physical top 4 d man, a second line center or a power forward.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote