HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston-Calgary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2013, 10:05 PM
  #26
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,928
vCash: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I disagree, I don't see him even being able to fetch a first.
I don't see how a 2nd line winger who is a great pker who only makes 2.5 million and is signed long term could only get a 2nd.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:05 PM
  #27
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal
 
The Dangley One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
Switch Hamilton for knight and we gotta deal
There isn't one player Calgary has that has half the value of Hamilton :/ sorry

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:08 PM
  #28
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!
 
PatriceBergeronFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 10,618
vCash: 500
No chance Boston considers this.

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:12 PM
  #29
Drew311
Bustlander
 
Drew311's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,191
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I disagree, I don't see him even being able to fetch a first.
If he played for Vancouver you would consider him pretty much untouchable.

Glencross is a very good player on a very good contract. He's one of the most underrated players in the NHL.

Drew311 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:21 PM
  #30
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Subban sucks. You can keep him.
We will hang on to the 19 year old goaltender. Enjoy 11th this year, 11th next year and then 5 years of top 3 picks.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:30 PM
  #31
Ashasx
Registered User
 
Ashasx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
We will hang on to the 19 year old goaltender. Enjoy 11th this year, 11th next year and then 5 years of top 3 picks.
Of all the posts that were deleted in this thread, apparently this was unworthy.

Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:52 PM
  #32
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
We will hang on to the 19 year old goaltender. Enjoy 11th this year, 11th next year and then 5 years of top 3 picks.
Of course you will. Not like he has any trade value.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:54 PM
  #33
inthewings
Registered User
 
inthewings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Of course you will. Not like he has any trade value.
Am I missing something about Subban?


Last edited by spiny norman: 02-18-2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: not needed
inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:01 PM
  #34
Gary83*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
Am I missing something about Subban?
Just tired of Boston trying to convince us that he should be part of an Iginla trade.


Last edited by spiny norman: 02-18-2013 at 12:01 AM. Reason: qmep
Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:06 PM
  #35
inthewings
Registered User
 
inthewings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Just tired of Boston trying to convince us that he should be part of an Iginla trade.
Why wouldn't he be a desirable part of an Iginla trade, assuming Feaster was inclined to trade him?

inthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:09 PM
  #36
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal
 
The Dangley One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Just tired of Boston trying to convince us that he should be part of an Iginla trade.
Don't click on the thread then.

Simple

The Dangley One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:27 PM
  #37
Flames Fanatic
Man Shifty is Good!
 
Flames Fanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by inthewings View Post
Why wouldn't he be a desirable part of an Iginla trade, assuming Feaster was inclined to trade him?
Because goalie is the only part of our organization that is good. Ortio is tearing up Europe, Brossoit is one of the best goalies in the CHL, Ramo is one of the best in the KHL, Gilles is one of the best in the NCAA. Throw in good depth at the AHL level we'd rather fill other positions.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:04 AM
  #38
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez
 
unifiedtheory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Burnaby, B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
Of course you will. Not like he has any trade value.
Again, 19 year old goaltenders rarely have trade value.

Why am I having an argument about drafted players with a Flames fan? When was the last time the Flames drafted a player worth a damn?

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:11 AM
  #39
longchange
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Again, 19 year old goaltenders rarely have trade value.

Why am I having an argument about drafted players with a Flames fan? When was the last time the Flames drafted a player worth a damn?
I'm gonna let you in on a little secret champ...you don't actually do the drafting for the Bruins.

longchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:20 AM
  #40
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
You forgot the Krejci > Iginla part

But honestly you want a bunch of futures then fine lol

1st
3rd
Koko
Subban
Wait what? How? Age? yeah Skill? No. Oh wait maybe its because Krejci has so many 30 goal seasons over Iginla... I know there is a 9 year age difference but is Krejci going to have 9 straight 30 goal seasons from now on? I don't think so.

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:24 AM
  #41
Remember2004
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 959
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Again, 19 year old goaltenders rarely have trade value.

Why am I having an argument about drafted players with a Flames fan? When was the last time the Flames drafted a player worth a damn?
Ignorance at its finest!

Remember2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:41 AM
  #42
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,166
vCash: 500
No reason for Boston to do this.

Right now Krejci > Iginla.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:54 AM
  #43
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,166
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamester View Post
Switch Hamilton for knight and we gotta deal
Hamilton's value >>> Iginla's value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remember2004 View Post
Wait what? How? Age? yeah Skill? No. Oh wait maybe its because Krejci has so many 30 goal seasons over Iginla... I know there is a 9 year age difference but is Krejci going to have 9 straight 30 goal seasons from now on? I don't think so.
We are talking about right now, not in the past, Iginlas previous years mean nothing.

Even if you say they are the same skillwise right now, Krejci is younger, on a better contract, and isn't a rental. He is also a #1C with holds more value than a #1W in itself.

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:43 AM
  #44
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
If he played for Vancouver you would consider him pretty much untouchable.

Glencross is a very good player on a very good contract. He's one of the most underrated players in the NHL.
I'm not a Canucks fan, nice try though, and as a Panthers fan, even if he was on our team I still don't see the value.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:44 AM
  #45
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yes we do, Iginla can return a first and a prospect, as can Glencross, Sarich can get us a 2nd or 3rd.
LOL

No


Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:45 AM
  #46
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedtheory View Post
Again, 19 year old goaltenders rarely have trade value.

Why am I having an argument about drafted players with a Flames fan? When was the last time the Flames drafted a player worth a damn?
Bartschi?

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:13 AM
  #47
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,426
vCash: 50
So I wanna take this a different way.

I get the impression the Bruins could use a winger, am I right? Well the Flames could use a centerman.

Assuming a NTC is not a problem , could a deal around Kelly/Peverly and Stempniak work for the Bruins?

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:16 AM
  #48
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbotsford Heat View Post
So I wanna take this a different way.

I get the impression the Bruins could use a winger, am I right? Well the Flames could use a centerman.

Assuming a NTC is not a problem , could a deal around Kelly/Peverly and Stempniak work for the Bruins?
Kelly has a NTC I would do that in a heart beat tho

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:28 AM
  #49
Adirondack Flames
Unofficial
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,426
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Kelly has a NTC I would do that in a heart beat tho
by not a problem I meant assuming he would waive it, I suppose I worded that pretty poorly.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:46 AM
  #50
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bay Area, California
Country: United States
Posts: 10,281
vCash: 500
Kelly and a 3rd/4th for Iginla

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.