HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#16 Penguins at Sabres Sun Feb 17 12:30PM ET TV: NBC Radio: WGR-AM

Old
02-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by snapshot19 View Post
Definitely does make a difference and if you think otherwise you are clueless. Players especially young players need time to develop their defensive games. It just doesn't come naturally without experience. Flaws are worked on and mistakes are learned from all through experience.
It doesn't matter. You're responsible for your mistakes no matter your experience. End of story.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Dubi Doo

They played hard. If they played like this every game i wouldn't be so hard on them. This effort is rarely seen, tho.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

The NBC announcers saying things, "I credit Ruff for getting them back in the game" and "They're playing gritty and determined...all because of Ruff!" isn't helping matters. Good effort but 0 points...good excuse to love your coach more. What a terrible Sunday. At least I don't have to work tomorrow.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
There aren't any. He just likes making this baseless assertion

maybe he just likes having an opinion informed by watching hockey

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
wshahbaz

Typical Buffalo sports loss...whatever.

**** this city

wshahbaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
The problem is our defense is much more likely to be unable to clear the way for Miller to see the puck. Thus leading to more screened shooting chances.

Thats Miller's fault as well.
or our forwards don't close out with any urgency with 2 minutes left (ennis), allowing a shot that never should've got off.

Old
02-17-2013, 03:25 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi Doo View Post
They played hard. If they played like this every game i wouldn't be so hard on them. This effort is rarely seen, tho.
Yeah, if they played like today they would easily win 2/3 of their games. There's a stretch of games upcoming that an effort like today would win. Still, three games back from .500 means even a solid win streak barely puts them in the picture.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:28 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
or our forwards don't close out with any urgency with 2 minutes left (ennis), allowing a shot that never should've got off.
There is that as well.

Although Sulzer should have boxed out Crosby before that but we know thats not happening.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:29 PM
joshjull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Yeah, if they played like today they would easily win 2/3 of their games. There's a stretch of games upcoming that an effort like today would win. Still, three games back from .500 means even a solid win streak barely puts them in the picture.
Not so sure about that. Horrible defensive zone play for stretchs and brutal turnovers were covered by Miller.

joshjull is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:31 PM
crispy60

This is typical Buffalo Sabre's hockey. Even in games when they're playing fairly well, I always look at the last two minutes of tied games and expect Miller to give up a goal despite how he's been playing. Does anybody think differently than I do on that point? If you've been watching this team for the last several years you can't disagree. Not only does Miller give up the goals at the end of games, but he seems to also give them up towards the end of periods too. Wasn't just a couple of games ago that Miller let in a goal with less than a second left in overtime to send it into a shootout. That would be a yes. Ruff and fans are looking at the resurrection of Hasek and it just isn't happening. Another long year again.

crispy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 03:36 PM
copter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispy60 View Post
Wasn't just a couple of games ago that Miller let in a goal with less than a second left in overtime to send it into a shootout. That would be a yes.
How is this possible? A goal scored in O/T means game over.

copter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 06:19 PM
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!

Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Nice job young lady!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeThatTootoo View Post
8 yr old with pipes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Some cadence issues...but she's 8. She gets a pass.
her name is Baylee Morrison.

She 'raced' back to Rochester today to sign the Anthem for the Amerks game (per WHAM 13 News)

BUCKSHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
her name is Baylee Morrison.

She 'raced' back to Rochester today to sign the Anthem for the Amerks game (per WHAM 13 News)
She also did the Montreal game last week and knocked people's sox off.

02-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Not surprising seeing Ennis do exactly what the "defensive vet" Hecht is doing every night -- there is no churn in anyone's legs except Kaleta and Ott (and to his credit, Vanek) on the defensive side of the puck.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:42 PM
ugly casanova*

That girl isn't good at singing and they need to stop using her yea the first time it was like aww but come on now this is the big leagues and we look like a sideshow beer league letting her sing

ugly casanova* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:49 PM
Luceni

Last month I was happy that the season starts.

No I hope the season ends soon. I can't stand these **** anymore. I hate RUFF. I hate the way they loose most of the games. I hate the fact that rufd has a guaranteed job. i hate the fact that no changes will happen.

We will most likely end up as #9 or #10 and fail to get into tge playiffs but also fail to get a high draft pick.

p, nit 82.

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:50 PM
Jame
Dream '16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
Not surprising seeing Ennis do exactly what the "defensive vet" Hecht is doing every night -- there is no churn in anyone's legs except Kaleta and Ott (and to his credit, Vanek) on the defensive side of the puck.
this is 100% true. everyone has their own pet whipping boy... but everyone besides those 3 has been borderline awful defensively

when drew stafford has been the next best forward defensively... you have problems.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:31 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly casanova View Post
That girl isn't good at singing and they need to stop using her yea the first time it was like aww but come on now this is the big leagues and we look like a sideshow beer league letting her sing
Congrats you win saddest post of the day.

Now go kick a puppy and throw a kitten in your oven.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:54 AM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
so you think Miller played it well... interesting

Played it well? ...It went in...of course you can say he could've played it better....but he was blocked out by Ehrhoff... it happens. If you lose sight of it ..it's kinda hard to stop.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:55 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugly casanova View Post
I don't like her either but us curmudgeons should keep it to ourselves because she's a very talented kid and a lot of people seam to really enjoy it. Being miserable is a choice Im happy with but I try not to spread it to everyone else. As for sideshow beer league, what the hell are you talking about, everyone brings in guest anthem singers. It's better than a recording of some lady that sang the anthems back when the team won a cup 40 years ago.

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:58 AM
Madferit

First game I watched this season.

G: I was impressed by Ehrhoff.

B: Pominville. Saw him a few weeks ago in the DEL, he rocked the game back then. Yesterday I was very disappointed with his performance. Okay, he plays against real players now.

U: The Crowd. Like in the opera. I will never understand why nobody sings and supports in North America.

Last edited by Madferit: 02-18-2013 at 03:09 AM.
Madferit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:03 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madferit View Post

U: The Crowd. Like in the opera. I will never understand why nobody sings and supports in North America.
Because we are bad singers. Duh

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:05 AM
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious

vCash: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madferit View Post

It's a different culture. I prefer the European style while watching a match on television, but in person I like to watch intently and contemplate whats going on so that I can discuss it with whoever I'm with.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:52 AM
Imlach a cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky Gleason View Post
It's a different culture. I prefer the European style while watching a match on television, but in person I like to watch intently and contemplate whats going on so that I can discuss it with whoever I'm with.
Part of the problem with the atmosphere at FNC is that half the fans feel this way, I do. It's the technical aspects of hockey that interest me most and I do tend to sit silently and watch pro's at work. Thank god we play other teams so I can see hockey played correctly every now and then. 98% of the problem is I haven't trusted this team with a lead since 2008 and it's hard for me to get into a game that Im convinced they will find a way to throw. Buffalo defense mechanism number 1 "Well we are probably gonna lose so I'll mentally prepare now."

Imlach a cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
this is 100% true. everyone has their own pet whipping boy... but everyone besides those 3 has been borderline awful defensively

when drew stafford has been the next best forward defensively... you have problems.
It's barely a step above practice intensity for most. The voice telling them what to do needs to change. As does some of the personnel.

Chainshot is offline   Reply With Quote