HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Los Angeles and Toronto

Old
02-18-2013, 12:33 AM
Shellz

vCash: 500
I'm not saying the deal is fair...but, the leafs would be lucky to have a player like Richards on their team.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Shellz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Huge no. Don't want Richards on this team.
No wonder why the Leafs can't make the playoffs. They don't want winners on their team

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:34 AM
Mattias

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
Richards was a very different player then, and Brayden Schenn was overrated on these boards then. Simmonds had not broken out. His career high was 16 goals.

Gardiner is worth infinitely more to the Leafs now than Schenn was at the time he was traded, even though many Leaf fans still believed he would be good in time.
I noticed that Richards numbers dipped a bit during the regular season with the Kings, might have been due to a defensive system? He also played pretty well prior to his concussion partway through the initial season.

How was Richards different prior to the trade? I didn't watch him that much during the regular season with Philly, but he was a treat to watch in the playoffs. Turned it up when it mattered most and left it all out on the ice. Looking at the Kings playoffs he did the exact same; instrumental for the the Stanley cup and the Kings.

Most of the Kings fans had a Pierre Mcguire man-crush on Simmons. With the shakling Terry Murray coaching it's no surprise to any of us Simmons could achieve 25+ goals a season after being traded. Take a look at most of the Kings roster during Terry Murray, any player who got over 13 goals had broken out.

So how is Gardiner worth infinitely more than Schenn? What has he done to warrant the hoarding of such a player?

Mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:56 AM
SCARFACE909

Quote:
There is a fundamental difference between being in a 2nd-line center role because you have the best 2 centers in the world on your team, and being in a 2nd-line center role because you are a 2nd-line center.

Both Crosby and Malkin are 1st-line centers. Richards is not.

Point out people on Team Canada saying this. Even though this means nothing and is just teammates saying nice things about each other, I don't remember that actually happening.

And has played mostly wing lately. And is currently playing wing. So if a 2nd line center is subtracted and a 2nd-line center is added, there is no reason to start mixing around lines.

Yes, actually it has.
Carter has been playing center the past 4 or so games, so yeah.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:13 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

I actually would think Carter would be last to go cause he's the only one who's got a shot lol.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:18 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

i'm really not sure what grabovski offers and la already has enough puck movers so i'm gonna say no. richards does have talent on his wings in carter and penner and i wanna see how we do with a healthy defense. that's a no for now, unless kessel's involved.

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:43 AM
Whydidijoin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
I noticed that Richards numbers dipped a bit during the regular season with the Kings, might have been due to a defensive system? He also played pretty well prior to his concussion partway through the initial season.
"Dipped a bit" is quite the understatement.

Quote:
How was Richards different prior to the trade? I didn't watch him that much during the regular season with Philly, but he was a treat to watch in the playoffs. Turned it up when it mattered most and left it all out on the ice. Looking at the Kings playoffs he did the exact same; instrumental for the the Stanley cup and the Kings.
At that point, he was still a 65-point player, and living off his hype from his PPG seasons. He was more energetic, and was high-end at everything. Now he is just mediocre to good at everything, and his offense has dropped off a cliff.

I hate plus-minus, but for the record, he is also -6 this year on the defending Stanley Cup Champions.

It is great that he has shown up for a couple playoff runs, but an NHL player needs to do more than that.

Quote:
Most of the Kings fans had a Pierre Mcguire man-crush on Simmons. With the shakling Terry Murray coaching it's no surprise to any of us Simmons could achieve 25+ goals a season after being traded. Take a look at most of the Kings roster during Terry Murray, any player who got over 13 goals had broken out.
Simmonds was highly regarded, but it is simply false to believe that his value was anything close to what it is now.

Quote:
So how is Gardiner worth infinitely more than Schenn? What has he done to warrant the hoarding of such a player?
Well aside from being the top rookie defenseman last year and putting up 30 points (much greater pace in the last half of the year), it is really something you have to watch to understand. His vision and poise with the puck is incredible. Even his teammates say so. It looks like he can do whatever he wants out there.

Schenn had had 2 good season and 2 bad seasons, one of which he was just coming off of. And while our system or lack thereof was anti-Schenn, many believed there was a evident ceiling to Schenn's game which was lower than Gardiner's is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCARFACE909 View Post
Carter has been playing center the past 4 or so games, so yeah.
Who did he replace?

Whydidijoin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:02 AM
RomanianLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
no grabo is not a kings type player He would be lucky to crack 35 points on our 3rd line if he evens plays it . I know id rather have stoll on my 3rd line over him. I like gardnier but no way this trade happens.

This has been proposed before its not going to go well. Think kessel plus even then no as i dont think kessel would fit in la.
the funny this is not even a 1st line player from your team cracks 35 pts that' s how awful your offense is so keep richards..bye

RomanianLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:22 AM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

vCash: 2090
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Richards used to be an elite player in this league. Those days are gone.

still a elite 2nd line center but your free to think what u want.

Wow, all 2 of them! Not like both were cup contenders though, right?

umm think team canadas and his jr team not just nhl
Players should come to play the whole year.

He would be the 2nd line center.

your smokeing something for sure there no way in hell he plays before kopitar or carter
Grabovski: 53.2% on faceoffs
Stoll: 52.7% on faceoffs
Stoll is still better suited to play one my teams 3rd line center imo

He is just as good as Richards defensively. Leafs are a defense-first team as well, and he has been used in a pure shutdown role.
lmao @ the leafs being a defensive team there trying to be and it will be a while before they truely can be called that

Grabovski is not currently on the PP. He is being used entirely in a shutdown role, and doing very well at it

Still no where near as well as richards
Although I agree that the leafs are not offering enough for Richards, lets leave the insults at the door before we enter the thread, no?

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:44 AM
SoulAssassin

Flying V,

Richards is ELITE level talent. The Leafs would be lucky to have a guy bring the intangibles he does.

Richards fights and sticks up for teammates, Grabo bites guys.
Richards plays the point on the 1st PP, Grabo on 2nd PP.
Richards has won Olympic Gold, World Junior Gold and most importantly the Stanley Cup. Closest Grabo has come is walking past the Hockey Hall of Fame on his way home from practice.
Richards commands respect on the ice, is a team leader and a highly thought of player. Grabo is 2nd line center on a team that doesnt even have a 1C.

Get the homer glasses off. Grabo is a tweener 2/3 on most teams in the league.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:57 AM
kihei

vCash: 3050
Stats for Richards and Grabovski over the previous two seasons (10/11 and 11/12)

Games Played
Richards: 155
Grabo: 154

Goals
Richards: 41
Grabo: 52

Assists
Richards: 69
Grabo: 57

Total Points
Richards: 110
Grabo: 109

Plus/Minus
Richards: +14
Grabo: +14

Now add Gardiner to the trade proposal and see how ridiculous such a trade would be.

kihei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:20 AM
Oiled up*

Kings give up too much imo.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:21 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
Ya, Toronto says no.

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:23 AM
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Stats for Richards and Grabovski over the previous two seasons (10/11 and 11/12)

Games Played

Goals

Assists

Total Points

Plus/Minus

Now add Gardiner to the trade proposal and see how ridiculous such a trade would be.
thank you

TML g u n n e R s* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:

Games Played

Goals

Assists

Total Points

Plus/Minus

Ya but Richards won a Stanley cup, a Calder cup, a Superbowl, a Nobel Peace Prize and Friday night Bingo.

People think the grass is greener on the other side, oh well. I guess the name "Richards" is more flashier than "Grabovski"

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Ya but Richards won a Stanley cup, a Calder cup, a Superbowl, a Nobel Peace Prize and Friday night Bingo.

People think the grass is greener on the other side, oh well. I guess the name "Richards" is more flashier than "Grabovski"
You forgot that PeeWee A Timbits champ he won.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:23 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
This reminds me of proposals for Schenn, either Schenn Toronto needs to acquire a real center already so we no longer has to be subjected to such nonsense. >.< C'mon Nonis... I thought Nonis was supposed to be similar to Burke. Can't he just unload some picks for O'Reilly and be done with it? Get it done, Nonis!

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:32 AM
Homunculous

The Terry Murray run Kings played half the ice, then dumped... every time. Relating point totals from a team that was averaging less than 2 goals a game until Sutter's hiring is absurd. I love seeing 'you obviously have never seen the leafs play!' Seriously, come on now, if you're a fan of hockey you've seen the leafs play just like you've seen the Red Wings, Bruins, Rangers, Penguins etc. I'm just convinced there's some Canadian/East coast curfew on games played after 9 ET. Big market east coast teams are the mandatory pregame show for all fans of West Coast teams as long as they are fans of hockey in and of itself first and foremost.

Homunculous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Hurt
Global Moderator

Quote:

Games Played

Goals

Assists

Total Points

Plus/Minus

Yes because points are the only determinant of a player's value. This would be a steal for Toronto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard Washington View Post
And here I was thinking every Leafs fan overrates their players and underrates everyone elses! Nice post.
Well when you blanket millions of people by the views of a few on a hockey board, you're probably doing something wrong. .

02-18-2013, 11:30 AM
JureEe
Go Kings Go!

Quote:

Who did he replace?
Richards was bumped into 3rd and Stoll into 4th... but this will probably change next game because of yesterday game (Richie 2 PP goals)

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:33 PM
Anth93

No thanks. I used to love Mike Richards, would have put him in the conversation for best leader/captain in the league.. Sad to see his game regress at such an alarming rate. He's a shell of himself out there, hope he figures it out.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:52 PM
TaketheCannoli
RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowzie View Post
No thank you from the Toronto side, as much as I like Richards. Too much potential in Gardiner.
This is like a time machine- go back a few years and the exact same things were posted about Luke Schenn and Leaf fans are now posting about Gardiner.

"Leafs wouldn't trade Schenn for FOUR 1st round picks!"

TaketheCannoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:55 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
This is like a time machine- go back a few years and the exact same things were posted about Luke Schenn and Leaf fans are now posting about Gardiner.

"Leafs wouldn't trade Schenn for FOUR 1st round picks!"
Schenn vs Gardiner as 21 year old's would be like comparing Anze Kopitar with Colin Fraser.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
No thanks. I used to love Mike Richards, would have put him in the conversation for best leader/captain in the league.. Sad to see his game regress at such an alarming rate. He's a shell of himself out there, hope he figures it out.
He's got 9 points in 13 games. The whole team is struggling to score. Where do you people come up with this stuff?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:01 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs View Post
the funny this is not even a 1st line player from your team cracks 35 pts that' s how awful your offense is so keep richards..bye
Kopitar 25 goals 51 assits 76 points 1st line center
dustin brown 22 goals 32 assits 54 points 1st line left wing
Justin williams 22 goals 37 assits 59 points 1 st line right wing

yeah all the kings first line players cant crack 35 points The offense was fine enuff to win the cup last year. What did all toronto s goals get them last year yeah a lottery pick

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote