HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jarmo might trade Jack Johnson.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:04 AM
TSA0402

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
JJ was the centrepiece in the deal for J. Carter. Just cause you dont like the deal, doesnt mean its outside of the realm of possibility.
Sidney Crosby being traded is not "outside the realm of possibility".

You have no point.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:41 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
Sidney Crosby being traded is not "outside the realm of possibility".

You have no point.
Umm... I was pointing out that JJ value wise was the centrepiece for J. Carter, so Colorado fans saying they dont think JJ is a good enough centrepiece in the deal could easily be wrong, aka its quite possible Sherman would see JJ as somewhat comparable to ROR value wise, since last year Carter was traded for him.

So what this had to do with untouchables, Crosby, etc? What are you talking about? I never said anything about untouchables.

Last edited by DaveG: 02-18-2013 at 01:54 PM.
416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:58 AM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Umm... I was pointing out that JJ value wise was the centrepiece for J. Carter, so Colorado fans saying they dont think JJ is a good enough centrepiece in the deal could easily be wrong, aka its quite possible Sherman would see JJ as somewhat comparable to ROR value wise, since last year Carter was traded for him.

So what this had to do with untouchables, Crosby, etc? What are you talking about? I never said anything about untouchables.
Given that JMFJ will almost certainly not be traded despite the hopes of desperate fans trying to poach more CBJ players they've actually heard of before, the opinion of Colorado fans in this matter seems rather moot.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!

Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:57 AM
TSA0402

Quote:

I have no objection to JJ/O'Reilly talk and really don't care if Colorado fans actually think an NHL player without a contract has that much value. I take issue with ridiculous comments like "not outside the realm of possibility". If I went to the Leafs board and said that about Morgan Rielly being traded, I'd be chewed a new one and rightfully so.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:46 AM
JetFan4Ever

vCash: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777 View Post
I sure hope Jarmo doesn't put much stock into advanced stats. I know he has said he does which greatly worries me.

Advanced stats are like the horoscopes of sports.
Is this a version of moneyball?

Moneypuck!

JetFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:50 AM
danyhabsfan

Johnson for Eller (Kekalainen's pick) Diaz +?

danyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Johnson for Eller (Kekalainen's pick) Diaz +?
not the type of dman we need. We have plenty of slick PMD, we need a mean crease clearing dman.

Halifaxhab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:08 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA0402 View Post
I have no objection to JJ/O'Reilly talk and really don't care if Colorado fans actually think an NHL player without a contract has that much value. I take issue with ridiculous comments like "not outside the realm of possibility". If I went to the Leafs board and said that about Morgan Rielly being traded, I'd be chewed a new one and rightfully so.
Lol. I was defending your player, saying he had more value than Colorado fans thought. Sorry for defending your player?

And talking about M. Rielly is different than talking about JJ. JJ has never shown he can be a legitimate #1 D, we dont know what Rielly can or cant be. Phaneuf would be a closer analogy, since its a proven top pairing D who has problems with his game, while Murray would be a closer analogy to Rielly for you guys.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:24 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Wait this thread is still going on? Jack still isn't going anywhere.

CBJBrassard16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Wait this thread is still going on? Jack still isn't going anywhere.
But Rick Nash and Jeff Carter left. And there's a new GM. That counts DOUBLE. It means everybody in "Colombis" is immediately up for grabs. That's just how it works, and not knowing this clearly means you know nothing about hockey.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:32 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

*Sigh*

I'm Preds fan and even I can tell you what CBJ needs:

Offense and RW depth. They have defensemen backing up in their system and they have a ton of picks.

If anything, they can do nothing but trade UFAs to be for improvements on their picks or forward prospects and then wait. They have a good chance of drafting both Mackenneon and Drouin and a RW with their 1st rders, instant high 2nd possibly 2013-14 1st line. Ryan Murray can move up and turn their defensive corp to this.

JJ-Wis
Nik-Tyu
Murray-D-man du jour

They could have a 1st line of the following: Drouin-MacKenneon-Erne/Nichushkin/Buchnevich

If anything, I could see CBJ waiting till next yr, see who wins the d-man competition between

Murray
Moore
Golbolef
Erixon
Savard
ETC

That's 6 guys for 3 spots which might only be 2 if CBJ does the wise thing and signs a 7th vet defenseman to help teach the kids.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:40 AM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
But Rick Nash and Jeff Carter left. And there's a new GM. That counts DOUBLE. It means everybody in "Colombis" is immediately up for grabs. That's just how it works, and not knowing this clearly means you know nothing about hockey.
Didn't you guys hear, Johnson was terrible in LA and I haven't bothered to watch him since then!

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:37 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Quote:
Didn't you guys hear, Johnson was terrible in LA and I haven't bothered to watch him since then!
Why would you have to? He's a Blue Jacket now. And everyone knows the Blue Jackets suck, which by extension means that every Blue Jackets player sucks.

It's SCIENCE. You can't argue with SCIENCE.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
cslebn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Why would you have to? He's a Blue Jacket now. And everyone knows the Blue Jackets suck, which by extension means that every Blue Jackets player sucks.

It's SCIENCE. You can't argue with SCIENCE.
If all Blue Jackets suck, then why would anyone offer anything at all for them?????? They don't belong in the AHL even!?!?!?!?

cslebn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:16 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviking View Post
andersson for elliot got us landeskog........ how is that bad ?
That trade didn't include Landeskog. Just the results of the trade - not something to brag about.
and you forgot a 1 rounder in the EJ trade
And the 32nd overall pick going to the Blues.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:54 PM
TSA0402

Quote:
Lol. I was defending your player, saying he had more value than Colorado fans thought. Sorry for defending your player?

And talking about M. Rielly is different than talking about JJ. JJ has never shown he can be a legitimate #1 D, we dont know what Rielly can or cant be. Phaneuf would be a closer analogy, since its a proven top pairing D who has problems with his game, while Murray would be a closer analogy to Rielly for you guys.
Defending my player by saying face it, he might get traded? You don't seem to be getting favorable responses for obvious reasons.

Talking about things within the realm of possibility, you are distorting the subject not a comparison of two hockey players. I am not making a direct comparison between Johnson and Rielly. You miss the point once again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
The answer to that question is YES, he does.

If you read any of the Rick Nash threads around the deadline and into the offseason, that's all he ever did.
Great minds think alike....

Old
02-18-2013, 02:45 PM
DaAnimal

No reason for Jarmo to trade JJ. The Jackets will have a scary D core next season. Murray will be healthy and potentially you guys could get Seth Jones. Are you kidding me... Murray, JJ, Jones, The Tin Tins, and Wisenew. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

BTW JJ was not terrible on the team. If it wasn't for JJ, we wouldnt have made it to the playoffs. He had a few GWGs during the season and he played REALLY well when DD was injured. People bash on him because of his +/-. But guess what, DD is -11 this year and I don't see any negative comments on DD's plays. But I'm happy to hear that there are a group of JJ supporters in LA. Oh and the booing of JJ at the Staples Center is just classless. Shame on you for booing him.

It is extremely rare to find someone that will play an avg of 30 mins of TOI. Jackets should be proud to have him, I would kill to have him back on the Kings.

Last edited by DaAnimal: 02-18-2013 at 02:57 PM.
DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:54 PM
Pronounced Anders
Believe the Yzerplan

vCash: 1159
I'll be honest, I'd love to have him in Tampa. Doubt we could get the pieces together, though, without giving up some pretty good prospects. Would Brewer + Good F prospect do the trick?

Pronounced Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:31 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:

Advanced stats are like the horoscopes of sports.
Not even close.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:37 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hipster Doofus View Post
Not even close.
In that case I have some herbal supplements you can buy. Palm readings cost extra.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:40 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Johnson and a 1st to LA for Carter.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
Johnson to Calgary for Baertschi.

Brewsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Viqsi
"They're back."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronounced Anders View Post
I'll be honest, I'd love to have him in Tampa. Doubt we could get the pieces together, though, without giving up some pretty good prospects. Would Brewer + Good F prospect do the trick?
Setting aside the whole WE'RE NOT TRADING JMFJ bit... no. We'd want a top-line forward and a forward prospect with similar upside. Minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
Johnson to Calgary for Baertschi.
Sounds like a decent start. What else are you adding?

Old
02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Choralone

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlfan9191 View Post
Why didn't this thread get locked. Read those articles and you'll find out their about as legit as a steaming pile of crap. Kelly Rudy would never call an NHLer a "buck tooth pylon" He would get fired.
Ha ha. Rudy Kelly is a Kings fan and former blogger on SBN's "Battle of California" known for his brash and profane persona. He would (and has) called many NHLers much worse.

You are confusing him with Kelly Hrudey, former King's goaltender and current hockey commentator.

You need to read more closely.

Choralone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:33 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

I doubt Jarmo trades anyone but rentals before the season is over. He'll want to come in and evaluate what he has before he makes a big move. I'd expect a move for a goalie to be near the top of the list for Jarmo and JD.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote