HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread pt. II

Closed Thread

Old
02-10-2013, 11:30 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaindotC View Post
I doubt you can plug the forum on the show tho - probably legal differences.
Why would they reveal the place that they steal all of their ideas from?

Old
02-10-2013, 11:39 AM
WilderPegasus*
A REAL Senators fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Has Steve Warne been given his walking papers yet? I hope I see him at the side of an off ramp begging for change...then I'll spit on him. Loser.
I don't understand why you'd want him to infringe on your turf and then get bitter about it.

Old
02-10-2013, 03:07 PM
Sick Dangle
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilderPegasus View Post
I don't understand why you'd want him to infringe on your turf and then get bitter about it.
Zing!

Old
02-11-2013, 07:42 AM
FreakyBunny

I am embarrassed about this, but somehow I have to know the origin of the "What happened?!" lady. Does anyone remember?

And while I'm here, I can't stand the "The Drive". It sounds like two pompous guys who think they are amazing, but are somehow trying too hard for laughs. Waste of time. I could live with Lloyd and York, especially when the Power Hour was good. Now it's just Simmer pontificating as if he's the ultimate authority on everything, and Dave Gross trying to make a name for himself with "Gross Misconduct", which sucks otherwise tolerable guys like Gord Wilson and Dean Brown into Gross' unfunny vortex.

I feel better now.

Old
02-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakyBunny View Post
I am embarrassed about this, but somehow I have to know the origin of the "What happened?!" lady. Does anyone remember?
If I remember correctly its actually from the 911 call from when Tiger Woods crashed his SUV the night his life/marriage/career went up in smoke. It was a female neighbour I think.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:09 AM
Mike999
Colin Greening's BFF

Send a message via MSN to Mike999
I think the TSN change is happening soon. TGOR was saying something akin to "if we're still here on Monday - as you never know what might happen".

I know a lot of people on here don't love TGOR, and that's all fine and good, but I likes it and hope it doesn't change too too much.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:21 AM
otown

TSN can't come fast enough. Like a bad toothache TGOR needs to be pulled!
Email segments that go on forever, replays of AJ's play by play, the blue team and Steve Warne sideshow, JR's tales of hockey tournaments and weekend antics and on and on and on.

Solution: TSN!!

Old
02-11-2013, 08:47 AM
Larionov

I have been saying for years that the TEAM need a makeover, but you just know that as soon as it gets re-branded, there will be people claiming that it is "too corporate", "too generic", and that it "lacks local flavour and content".

I could be wrong, but I actually don't expect major change at the beginning - it will just get the new name, and the corporate masters will watch to see how it plays out. (Watch - now that I said this, they will completely revamp it, top to bottom!)

Old
02-11-2013, 01:45 PM
booger

I moved from Ottawa to the GTA about 8 years ago. Back when I was still in Ottawa, the Team 1200 was decent especially when the Sens were contendors. I still try to listen online to the Team, but it can't hold a candle compared to the local Toronto sports stations including the Fan 590, TSN 1050 and to a lesser extend AM 640. It might not be a popular thing to say, but these "center of the universe" media stations really do a much better job of sports reporting, even if it's Leaf talk non-stop. The main factor is that these Toronto stations actually report on sports (75% hockey, 20% baseball/backetball, 5% others) with some humor splashed in. As has been said already, the Team seems like they are trying too hard to be funny first with a bit of sports talk on the side. I find that I'm only painfully waiting for Sens news in between useless jibberish most of the time.

Old
02-14-2013, 08:47 PM
otown

I was watching OTR on TSN tonight and to my surprise Sean Simpson was a guest along with a writer from the Hockey News. Landsberg seemed to like Simmer and invited him back. One thing for sure, he is no homer.
I think he is paving the way for bigger and better things as a commentator/analyst/insider. After hearing some of his personal story on "Let's talk day" he has had to redefine himself and even a critic like me has to give him kudos.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:18 AM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

TGOR this morning was great. Steve Lloyd and Simpson work really good together. JR should do the 9 - 12 slot like back in the OSR days. Sports talk should be the priority on a sports radio station.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:26 AM
Ohhh Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
TGOR this morning was great. Steve Lloyd and Simpson work really good together. JR should do the 9 - 12 slot like back in the OSR days. Sports talk should be the priority on a sports radio station.
Simmer and Pierre fellating each other was a little much though...

Old
02-18-2013, 09:29 AM
Legend Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohhh Franco View Post
Simmer and Pierre fellating each other was a little much though...
Was Chris Bosh involved?

Old
02-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Alfieghetti
inflamed

lol "simmer". Might be my least favourite team personality ever. And that's saying something. This guy is just revolting on so many levels. Keep your eye open for more 'talent', you old crusty newsboy cap wearing perv.

Old
02-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Tape2Tape

Say what you will about Ottawa sports radio personalities, but thank goodness we don't have classless hosts like Michael Barkann in Philadelphia.

He was just interviewing Bryzgalov, laughing at him when he tried to speak during his interview, then asked him to do a Borat impression.

He went on to explain that Bryzgalov's terrible contract is a valid justification for him to make fun of his accent and difficulty speaking certain words in English.

Hate on the contract all you want, but that's really pushing it.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Dysentery
Ottawa Senators

I'm not sure why, but im finding Jason York hilarious. He's very underrated. Haha

Old
02-27-2013, 11:18 AM
BankStreetParade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape2Tape View Post
Say what you will about Ottawa sports radio personalities, but thank goodness we don't have classless hosts like Michael Barkann in Philadelphia.

He was just interviewing Bryzgalov, laughing at him when he tried to speak during his interview, then asked him to do a Borat impression.

He went on to explain that Bryzgalov's terrible contract is a valid justification for him to make fun of his accent and difficulty speaking certain words in English.

Hate on the contract all you want, but that's really pushing it.
That guy should be fired.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:30 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Can someone explain to me why the idiots at the Team1200 would play loud irritating twangy guitar sounds while interviewing the coach on the pregame show today. Whoever does it must come from the Youtube school of bad media presentations. It's so juvenile. You can barely hear the comments over the din.

They often do the same as a prelude to commercials but even that often starts many minutes before the actual commercials. I hate it!

Old
03-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundraman View Post
Can someone explain to me why the idiots at the Team1200 would play loud irritating twangy guitar sounds while interviewing the coach on the pregame show today. Whoever does it must come from the Youtube school of bad media presentations. It's so juvenile. You can barely hear the comments over the din.

They often do the same as a prelude to commercials but even that often starts many minutes before the actual commercials. I hate it!
I would think that is background noise from the arena.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Yokai

vCash: 966
Quote:

That music is the producer telling the hosts to wrap up a segment that is running long. They have set times they are suppose to take breaks, and sometimes the hosts need to be reminded of that fact.

Old
03-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Tundraman
GoneCountry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylizer1 View Post
I would think that is background noise from the arena.
The arena sound is available on SNET and they have been playing songs so far.

I've heard the same made up twangy sound during studio broadcasts on the Team and it's terrible. I think they are superimposing this themselves like they do to warn their hosts of overdue commercials. This isn't a one-off for them. SNET does it too sometimes (among others) during in-studio replays but at a low decibel. I think they are stamping their video / audio feed but the Team1200 is overdoing it.

Old
03-03-2013, 02:01 PM
Stylizer1
BoomBapOriginalRap

What I think the Team needs to fix is when Bob McKenzie does the opening segment. He needs to be on a land line and not on a cell. Over the actual radio it sounds really bad. Doesn't come across that well while driving.

Last edited by Stylizer1: 03-03-2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old
03-13-2013, 07:57 AM
R2010

http://autopod.ca/chum/22/podcasts/

From this Pierre McGuire interview you get to hear after a question at 14:20 what BDP has said all along that Ottawa did in fact want Cowen over Kadri.

Old
03-13-2013, 10:19 AM
coladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2010 View Post
http://autopod.ca/chum/22/podcasts/

From this Pierre McGuire interview you get to hear after a question at 14:20 what BDP has said all along that Ottawa did in fact want Cowen over Kadri.
A lot of people think that the soundbyte of Murray talking to Burke was a display of Burke's frank talking style but it was really Murray trolling Burke in thinking Ottawa wanted Kadri. Great stuff Murray!

Old
03-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Wondercarrot
Classless

Quote:
I like Pierre but you can tell when he bluffs his way through questions when he hasn't watched the Sens games.
The thing i like about Pierre is that he doesnt take anything personally and he has a impressive yet tremendously subtle vocabulary.
Its always a very natural unforced delivery.

Closed Thread