HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edm-Ott

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2013, 01:43 AM
  #26
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Actually his skating is average for his size. This isn't 2010 anymore.

He's also really good defensively.
And in the nhl its way below average

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:45 AM
  #27
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
And in the nhl its way below average
His skating is still probably better than Whitney's, all things considered.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:51 AM
  #28
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
His skating is still probably better than Whitney's, all things considered.
I can see why Ottawa would not want this .Whitney has been awful this season no argument there, but Stone has to increase his foot speed to be a regular in the NHL imo.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:52 AM
  #29
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,755
vCash: 500
Stone is PPG in the NHL thus far, looked great with his future center Spezza.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:59 AM
  #30
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Stone is PPG in the NHL thus far, looked great with his future center Spezza.
Lol 1 assist in 1 game .1/2 point player in the AHL more of a indication of where he is tracking. Good news for Sens fans is players can develop more foot speed and when you possess natural offensive ability he definately is worth waiting to see if he develops.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:03 AM
  #31
SammyTheBull
Registered User
 
SammyTheBull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Lol 1 assist in 1 game .1/2 point player in the AHL more of a indication of where he is tracking. Good news for Sens fans is players can develop more foot speed and when you possess natural offensive ability he definately is worth waiting to see if he develops.
I've noticed a bit of hate from Edmonton fans toward the Senators ...

Is it because Ottawa made the playoffs in the first year of their rebuild?

SammyTheBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:06 AM
  #32
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyTheBull View Post
I've noticed a bit of hate from Edmonton fans toward the Senators ...

Is it because Ottawa made the playoffs in the first year of their rebuild?
Is my post comming of as hate cause I have no ill will towards Sens or their fans.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:07 AM
  #33
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Lol 1 assist in 1 game .1/2 point player in the AHL more of a indication of where he is tracking. Good news for Sens fans is players can develop more foot speed and when you possess natural offensive ability he definately is worth waiting to see if he develops.
For the sake of transparency, Stone was buried on the 3rd/shutdown line in Binghamton during the lockout behind Zibanejad & Silfverberg, etc...

He had 8 points in 13 games, and was +5 in January once all of the Sens NHL guys reported for camp, and a spot opened up for him in the top-6. That's on top of being one of Binghamton's best penalty killers.

Admittedly, the comment about him being PPG in his NHL career was silly. I just wanted to give his AHL numbers some context.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:10 AM
  #34
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
For the sake of transparency, Stone was buried on the 3rd/shutdown line in Binghamton during the lockout behind Zibanejad & Silfverberg, etc...

He had 8 points in 13 games, and was +5 in January once all of the Sens NHL guys reported for camp, and a spot opened up for him in the top-6. That's on top of being one of Binghamton's best penalty killers.

Admittedly, the comment about him being PPG in his NHL career was silly. I just wanted to give his AHL numbers some context.
And he is also a rookie in a pro league, im sure they told him they want him to work on his skating and are very happy with his tool box . He is a good prospect for sure.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:14 AM
  #35
Benny FTW
k
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
And in the nhl its way below average
Nope. Its average.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:17 AM
  #36
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Nope. Its average.
I disagree he is not on average with NHL skaters he is bottom 10 %

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:18 AM
  #37
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
And he is also a rookie in a pro league, im sure they told him they want him to work on his skating and are very happy with his tool box . He is a good prospect for sure.
Yep, they've been telling him that since he was drafted. He's known from Day 1 that if anything was going to kep him out of the league, it was his legs.
He's worked phenomenally hard at it... he'll never be confused for Pavel Bure, and he's always going to look a little awkward, but his mobility and acceleration have improved to the point where the Sens don't see it as a detriment to his game anymore. He'll never win a Fastest Skater competition, but he's right around average as far as league skaters go.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:20 AM
  #38
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,707
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
I disagree he is not on average with NHL skaters he is bottom 10 %
He looks like he's bottom 10% because his stride is awkward, but he gets from A to B with the same speed and mobility as your average skater these days (well, not while he's injured, but you know what I mean). Maybe he's as good as 40%.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:20 AM
  #39
Benny FTW
k
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
I disagree he is not on average with NHL skaters he is bottom 10 %
How many times have you watched him these year in the AHL?

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:27 AM
  #40
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp
 
Oiltankjob Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6,326
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
How many times have you watched him these year in the AHL?
I guarantee you I have watched Stone many more times than a lot of sens fans live . I held season tickets to the Rebels during Stones whl career also watched him in wjc as well as whl playoffs , im sure his skating has improved. I am not slagging the player his hockey sense is very high and he knows where to go on ice . Like I said he is a good prospect and if he was Oilers property and Sens were offering Whitney I would not like it as well.

Oiltankjob Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:31 AM
  #41
HavlatMach9
Registered User
 
HavlatMach9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Like I said he is a good prospect and if he was Oilers property and Sens were offering Whitney I would not like it as well.
It's not that, it's that he's our best forward prospect who's not in the NHL. He has always been a project who is developing ideally.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:53 AM
  #42
Benny FTW
k
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
I guarantee you I have watched Stone many more times than a lot of sens fans live . I held season tickets to the Rebels during Stones whl career also watched him in wjc as well as whl playoffs , im sure his skating has improved. I am not slagging the player his hockey sense is very high and he knows where to go on ice . Like I said he is a good prospect and if he was Oilers property and Sens were offering Whitney I would not like it as well.
Of the 25 or so AHL games and summer camp ive seen, his skating is average. Hopefully it can keep improving but its not like his style needs speed any ways. His best asset is his hockey sense. Like you said it's very high.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:55 AM
  #43
Sergei Shirokov
Registered User
 
Sergei Shirokov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: British Columbia
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,079
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Good deal, even could settle for a pebble if Ottawa doesn't want to pay the shipping cost(weight and all).


I laughed so hard at this post.

A stone..

Sergei Shirokov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:00 AM
  #44
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Damn! You guys broke my ankle I fell down laughing so hard.

First at the dude who suggests that Whitney is worth a decent prospect and then the troll-like Sens fan who suggests that Stone is worth as much as a 1st rounder.

You can't imagine how much less time I ended up spending watching hockey after finding HFboards, because such comments are an adequate replacement to sitcoms. Now if I could meet Charlie Sheen and tell him what a self indulgent dork is is after watching 2 1/2 men or tell Bob Sagat that he's doing serious psychological damage to all of his family members by being a TV personality... I'd never have shown up here in the first place.

Down to business.

No. That wasn't trollish. That was supposed to be funny. Yes, I'm eccentric. Haha.

To Ottawa:
2013 2nd rounder
Ryan Whitney

To Edmonton:
1st rounder in 2013 or 2014 (Ottawa has the choice at the draft table)
Mark Stone

The crazy and hilarious idea to poke jokes at is that if Spezza and Karlsson were healthy, the Sens would be in great shape. Chances are they won't make the playoffs this year. Yes. I'm sorry. I'm a pessimist.

I don't even think that Whitney would be the difference for making the playoffs, but he might be good enough to keep them competitive enough so that they sell significantly more tickets than they might otherwise be selling a month from now. If things go horribly bad, at least they can choose to hold onto the lottery pick.

Next year will be different. Ottawa has tons of young blood which will be more mature and ready to make a bigger impact. I refuse to believe they'll be looking at coughing up another lottery pick next year.


Last edited by thadd: 02-18-2013 at 08:37 AM.
thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:16 AM
  #45
Benny FTW
k
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,755
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Damn! You guys broke my ankle I fell down laughing so hard.

First at the dude who suggests that Whitney is worth a decent prospect and then the troll-like Sens fan who suggests that Stone is worth as much as a 1st rounder.

You can't imagine how much less time I ended up spending watching hockey after finding HFboards, because such comments are an adequate replacement to sitcoms. Now if I could meet Charlie Sheen and tell him what a self indulgent dork is is after watching 2 1/2 men or tell Bob Sagat that he's doing serious psychological damage to all of his family members by being a TV personality... I'd never have shown up here in the first place.

Down to business.

No. That wasn't trollish. That was supposed to be funny. Yes, I'm eccentric. Haha.

To Ottawa:
2013 2nd rounder
Ryan Whitney

To Edmonton:
1st rounder in 2013 or 2014 (Ottawa has the choice at the draft table)
Ryan Stone

The crazy and hilarious idea to poke jokes at is that if Spezza and Karlsson were healthy, the Sens would be in great shape. Chances are they won't make the playoffs this year. Yes. I'm sorry. I'm a pessimist.

I don't even think that Whitney would be the difference for making the playoffs, but he might be good enough to keep them competitive enough so that they sell significantly more tickets than they might otherwise be selling a month from now. If things go horribly bad, at least they can choose to hold onto the lottery pick.

Next year will be different. Ottawa has tons of young blood which will be more mature and ready to make a bigger impact. I refuse to believe they'll be looking at coughing up another lottery pick next year.
I wouldn't do that deal and Ottawa doesn't even have a Ryan Stone.

Benny FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:16 AM
  #46
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I'd rather take Whitney play bottom pairing minutes and hopefully play marginally better than add a prospect who will never touch our top 6
I say Whitney days are done in Edmonton . He coughs up the punk to often and cost us goals . Anything we get for him is a plus

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:30 AM
  #47
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stedman49 View Post
To Ottawa:

Ryan Whitney

To Edmonton:

Mark Stone
I am an Oiler fan . This is a joke . Whitney may find his game again with another team ,but we are not getting much for a defence man that makes 5 million a year and coughs up the puck as often as a 10 year old playing on a pond .
Whitney is a shell of his former self . If Ottawa offer a 3rd pick we should take it . Oiler fans need to get off trying to defend him . He is a joke right now and i always liked Whitney . It may be better to see if he improves by the trade dead line then move him as a rental .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:36 AM
  #48
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I wouldn't do that deal and Ottawa doesn't even have a Ryan Stone.
fixed, thanks

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:05 AM
  #49
Oiled up*
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,844
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Stone's value is around a 1st round pick.
Overrated much?

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:28 AM
  #50
officeglen
Registered User
 
officeglen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Eastern Ontario
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
Overrated much?
Why do you even care?

officeglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.