Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Northern Europe
Northern Europe Norway, Denmark, Iceland

Danes in the NHL and their exploits.

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 02:02 PM
dklap3

vCash: 500
^^ I think you mean Søren Gade. Steen Gade, although from the same part of the country, is SF'er.

Today Søren Gade is CEO of something called "Landbrug & Fødevarer". I imgine he's out of politics for quite some because of the bad stories from Iraq and Afghanistan.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:37 AM
Justinov

Another quiet danish night. Both Dallas and Vancouver lost. No danish points. Jannik Hansen was -2 (another "stinker" from the Skunk Bear? - he is -4 in the last two games). Philip Larsen at least played 20 min with Goligoski and was only -1.
Not a lot to cheer about......

Old
02-18-2013, 09:57 AM
Bank

Trevor Daley went down before the third period. The explains the increase in Philip Larsen TOI.

He and Goligoski is still a bad pairing. They are the same type with the same weakness. They should be paired with some big mean d-men. I liked the Dillon-Larsen pairing but with the success Dillon's been having lately that wont happen. With Daley out Oleksiak might come back. That guy's huge!(Even though he's still a bit soft) And he did play with Larsen earlier this season. Those two looked kinda okay together... That would mean surefire 3rd pair minutes but right now I'll take any change that's not a scratch.

EDIT: Not that it's a big surprise but Peter Regin won't be joining Ottawa tonight pr. Bruce Garrioch... I think he's saying Regin will be on ice once the team hits Ottawa again:

Quote:
Peter Regin won't be in the lineup either. Must be keeping him for Ottawa.

Last edited by Bank: 02-18-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old
02-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bank View Post
Trevor Daley went down before the third period. The explains the increase in Philip Larsen TOI.

He and Goligoski is still a bad pairing. They are the same type with the same weakness. They should be paired with some big mean d-men. I liked the Dillon-Larsen pairing but with the success Dillon's been having lately that wont happen. With Daley out Oleksiak might come back. That guy's huge!(Even though he's still a bit soft) And he did play with Larsen earlier this season. Those two looked kinda okay together... That would mean surefire 3rd pair minutes but right now I'll take any change that's not a scratch.

EDIT: Not that it's a big surprise but Peter Regin won't be joining Ottawa tonight pr. Bruce Garrioch... I think he's saying Regin will be on ice once the team hits Ottawa again:
Larsen-Goligoski pairing should be good for PP, but otherwise in NHL you normally want to have a big d-man mixed with a technical d-man, so I agree with you there.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:45 PM
Justinov

So danes in action tonight:

Frans Nielsen for NYI vs Philadelphia -> probably Philadelphia win
Lars Eller for Montreal vs Carolina -> OT win Carolina
Mikkel Bødker for Phoenix vs Calgary -> Phoenix should really win this one.
Peter Regin won't play for Ottawa against New Jersey -> win for New Jersey

So really hope for some points. After being optimistic lately I'll try to keep it up with hoping for a goal from Mikkel Bødker and an assist from Frans Nielsen. If Eller plays 4'th line not likely any points from there.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:48 PM
Bank

Well it was a big fat nothing for Frans Nielsen... Wow Islanders.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:23 AM
Bank

Point for Eller and goal for Boedker though Nice night for those two.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:18 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Well it was a big fat nothing for Frans Nielsen... Wow Islanders.
Must be worst game for Islanders in ages. 7-0 loss is apparently they biggest home shutout defeat ever!
Frans Nielsen came out fairly well with only -1 and with 4 shots out of Islanders 19.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:31 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Point for Eller and goal for Boedker though Nice night for those two.
Yep brings Bødker to lead the danish point production!
Mikkel Bødker 3G 7A in 16 matches and +4
Frans Nielsen 1G 8A in 15 matches and -6
Jannik Hansen 3A 4A in 14 matches and +3
Lars Eller 1G 5A in 13 matches and +1
Peter Regin 0G 2A in 12 matches and -1
Philip Larsen 1G 0A in 10 matches and -3

Old
02-19-2013, 12:58 PM
Justinov

Danes in action tonight.

Frans Nielsen NYI vs Ottawa possibly with Peter Regin?! NYI was dead against Philadelphia, but it can't hardly get any worse. With this tight schedule teams many teams will probably "sell" a lost game and maybe Islanders have more steam than Ottawa after their hardfought 2-1 win.

Lars Eller Montreal vs NYR. See if Montreal can continue their winning streak, but Rangers will be one day fresher.

Jannik Hansen Vancouver vs Chicago. Chicago is going for the record 16 in a row, so it will be very tough for Vancouver!

Hope that Frans Nielsen will start producing again. It's been three games without a point, so maybe it's tonight!
Lars Eller will have fairly little playing time, so we can't expect points every night.
Jannik Hansen had 2 last games with 2*-2 and no points. Now it's Chicago so he must be psyched and ready for some points!

Old
02-19-2013, 01:43 PM
dklap3

I know it ain't NHL (and I keep going OT), but it's worth mentioning that Oliver Bjørkstand scored 4 goals last night for Winterhawks (+ 1 assist). Maybe he'll be the great sniper we need so much. He now has 53 points in 53 games in his Rookie season. I know he's on a great team, but I still didn't expect him to do this well this early, with his rather small size in mind.

Highlights from the game here.

Old
02-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by dklap3 View Post
I know it ain't NHL (and I keep going OT), but it's worth mentioning that Oliver Bjørkstand scored 4 goals last night for Winterhawks (+ 1 assist). Maybe he'll be the great sniper we need so much. He now has 53 points in 53 games in his Rookie season. I know he's on a great team, but I still didn't expect him to do this well this early, with his rather small size in mind.

Highlights from the game here.
I have posted many updates on Bjørkstrand on the Prospect thread, but thanks for the info
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1164103
Yep he looks to be having good sniper hands, something a danish national team REALLY could use on the PP. About his size: Hope he grows soon....maybe some american hormone beef can do the trick?!
He is a sure draft...probably around a mid-to-late 2'nd round pick if his continue to be around a point pr. game.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:20 PM
Bank

Regin wasn't on ice for the optional skating this morning and is the words of MacLean "simply not ready to play". Waiting game is on. Hoping Frans Nielsen can make a foul of Smith, Zibanejad and what's there names.

Tough match-ups for Eller(who's almost 0,5 ppg on the fourth line) and Jannik Hansen. Chicago's on beast mode.

I'll take any points they can get tonight

Old
02-19-2013, 08:36 PM
matCH penalty

Superb game for Eller. He played with Galchenyuk and Prust, and set up a fantastic goal. As usual, defensively impeccable and impossible to knock off the puck. Monster game.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:15 AM
Bank

To keep up with the numbers:

Mikkel Bødker 3+7 in 16 matches and +4
Frans Nielsen 1+8 in 16 matches and -6
Jannik Hansen 3+4 in 15 matches and +3
Lars Eller 1+6 in 14 matches and +2
Peter Regin 0+2 in 12 matches and -1
Philip Larsen 1+0 in 10 matches and -3

Almost four guys at ,5 ppg. With Ellers recent production things are looking bright.

Old
02-20-2013, 06:10 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Originally Posted by matCH penalty View Post
Superb game for Eller. He played with Galchenyuk and Prust, and set up a fantastic goal. As usual, defensively impeccable and impossible to knock off the puck. Monster game.
Great to hear Eller is playing so well at the moment.....so he has been promoted to wing playing on the 3'nd line with Galchenyuk as center and Prust?

Last edited by Justinov: 02-20-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Old
02-20-2013, 06:14 AM
Justinov

Jannik Hansen has really taken his "Skunk Bear" alias to extremes. He will probably get a 5 game suspension for knocking Hossa head down from behind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n294Q..._embedded#t=2s

So again only one danish point (assist to Lars Eller).....

Old
02-20-2013, 09:07 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justinov View Post
Great to hear Eller is playing so well at the moment.....so he has been promoted to wing playing on the 3'nd line with Galchenyuk as center and Prust?
Promoted and promoted... Isn't this mainly due to Gallagher being out with a concussion?

On the Jannik Hansen hit. Tough to call if it's recklessness or a dirty hit. Either way the Skunk Bear sure is getting some attention this season

Last edited by Bank: 02-20-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old
02-20-2013, 10:16 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Promoted and promoted... Isn't this mainly due to Gallagher being out with a concussion?

On the Jannik Hansen hit. Tough to call if it's recklessness or a dirty hit. Either way the Skunk Bear sure is getting some attention this season
He is personally making sure that danish players should not be regarded as "soft" - maybe more like "unpredictable, reckless and vicious" which after all is the way of the skunk bear (wolverine)! Can't smell it from here but maybe he brings some heavy hitting pheromones to the game as well

You are probably right that it could be that Eller just got a temporary promotion until Gallagher is back. Just hope a way will be found to keep him in the top9 forward group.

Old
02-20-2013, 01:02 PM
Bank

Not that things were looking brilliant for Frederik Andersen but Viktor Fasth has just signed an extension for another two years and not at usual back-up money. So... Hiller, Fasth, Andersen, Bobrov and Gibson... Hmmm... I spy with my little eye a guy that's not gonna play NHL regularly for that club

Still can't see what the change from Carolina to Anaheim was all about...

Old
02-20-2013, 01:52 PM
Justinov

Quote:
Not that things were looking brilliant for Frederik Andersen but Viktor Fasth has just signed an extension for another two years and not at usual back-up money. So... Hiller, Fasth, Andersen, Bobrov and Gibson... Hmmm... I spy with my little eye a guy that's not gonna play NHL regularly for that club

Still can't see what the change from Carolina to Anaheim was all about...
Yeah in hindsight that redraft move was pretty weird! Hiller and Fasth seem extremely solid right now, so only if they both get injured he will have any chance in the foreseeable future.
His chances in Carolina as backup contender with Dan Ellis behind Cam Ward looks actually about the same as Anaheim, since both Dan Ellis and Viktor Fasth has been outstanding backup goalies this season.
Frederik Andersen has to really impress in AHL and hope for a trade to a club that lacks a good backup goalie! So maybe Islanders...ever injured Di Pietro and old Nabokov. They might want to go after a good goalie and then having a cheap backup. If Nabokov gets "to old" or change club there might be a small opening?

Others ideas, thought, anyone?

A small hope might be that Viktor Fasth has signed a contract extension (2 year 5,8 mil dollar contract) so if he is really good for the rest of the season, they might try to sell Hiller before he is UFA and then Frederik Andersen are in a backup position!

Last edited by Justinov: 02-20-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old
02-20-2013, 02:52 PM
Bank

Quote:
Yeah in hindsight that redraft move was pretty weird! Hiller and Fasth seem extremely solid right now, so only if they both get injured he will have any chance in the foreseeable future.
His chances in Carolina as backup contender with Dan Ellis behind Cam Ward looks actually about the same as Anaheim, since both Dan Ellis and Viktor Fasth has been outstanding backup goalies this season.
Frederik Andersen has to really impress in AHL and hope for a trade to a club that lacks a good backup goalie! So maybe Islanders...ever injured Di Pietro and old Nabokov. They might want to go after a good goalie and then having a cheap backup. If Nabokov gets "to old" or change club there might be a small opening?

Others ideas, thought, anyone?

A small hope might be that Viktor Fasth has signed a contract extension (2 year 5,8 mil dollar contract) so if he is really good for the rest of the season, they might try to sell Hiller before he is UFA and then Frederik Andersen are in a backup position!
Yeah well I guess one could have different opinions on that... It's not like I can go back and find a post where expressed my opinion back then, so this is a completely free shot but I thing it was a questionable choice already back then.

Even with Fasth out of the equation(As he was back then) there was Hiller - who might just have had a season of troubles with vertigo but still was in the Cam Ward(The reason he was fleeing the Hurricanes)-league if not better. And unlike Carolina Anaheim had made some sort of plan for the future after their current #1 - John Gibson. Again to be fair he's just had a great WJC and is on a great season but even back then he was a highly touted goalie prospect.

Haven't seen Dan Ellis a hole lot this year but isn't the difference between him and Fasth that Ellis did great during the lockout while Fasth has been great in the NHL? One is easier to compete with

But last time I checked Andersen actually seem to be getting some praise for his play in the AHL. And as you say either Fasth or Hiller could get traded and then he'd be the number 2... for some time. Things can play out differently than expected. There's always hope

EDIT: Oh and I think Islanders might rather go with Poulin and Nilsson... Can't seem to think of a team where the back-up spot could be had for Andersen. Chicago perhaps?

Old
02-20-2013, 10:39 PM
wings5

Quote:
Yeah well I guess one could have different opinions on that... It's not like I can go back and find a post where expressed my opinion back then, so this is a completely free shot but I thing it was a questionable choice already back then.

Even with Fasth out of the equation(As he was back then) there was Hiller - who might just have had a season of troubles with vertigo but still was in the Cam Ward(The reason he was fleeing the Hurricanes)-league if not better. And unlike Carolina Anaheim had made some sort of plan for the future after their current #1 - John Gibson. Again to be fair he's just had a great WJC and is on a great season but even back then he was a highly touted goalie prospect.

Haven't seen Dan Ellis a hole lot this year but isn't the difference between him and Fasth that Ellis did great during the lockout while Fasth has been great in the NHL? One is easier to compete with

But last time I checked Andersen actually seem to be getting some praise for his play in the AHL. And as you say either Fasth or Hiller could get traded and then he'd be the number 2... for some time. Things can play out differently than expected. There's always hope

EDIT: Oh and I think Islanders might rather go with Poulin and Nilsson... Can't seem to think of a team where the back-up spot could be had for Andersen. Chicago perhaps?
lol Toronto, Philly, Edmonton, Calgary, New Jersey, Phoenix. But for most of these teams not likely this season.

Old
02-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings5 View Post
lol Toronto, Philly, Edmonton, Calgary, New Jersey, Phoenix. But for most of these teams not likely this season.
Well there you go...

Old
02-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Justinov

Quote:
Jannik Hansen has really taken his "Skunk Bear" alias to extremes. He will probably get a 5 game suspension for knocking Hossa head down from behind.
Jannik Hansen only got 1 day suspension and a fine of $7,297.30.
http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...203576&lang=en.
So it is Hansen's first NHL suspension.

Closed Thread