HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I've seen this game before.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:39 AM
kizzle

vCash: 500
I liked how Jay Moran (PA guy) announced the Buffalo goals yesterday. He spoke pretty normal with a long pause to give the crowd a chance to cheer. It was much better than his usual over-excited voice which sounds ridiculous and drives me nuts (Yoooooookin Heeeeeeeeeesht). I hope he keeps that up.

kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:47 AM
OkimLom

G:
Life In the Crowd - From the Pit Fans
Jeremy Roenick Being scored against by a kid

B:
Life in the Crowd - From Buf Fans - I can understand why Toronto and Pit fans, but being trolled by Boston and other teams' fans? The crowd has ONE JOB and they fail miserably. Sure the product on the ice is cause for lack of energy, but at least make sure you boo louder than the opposing teams cheers.

Miller's Glove hand when going down - hes not the reason why we lost this game, but I seriously would love to see a shotting chart on goals from the point, I'm sure most of them would be high glove side.
"Nothin But Crosby"'s coverage - I'm to the point that I understand they need to sell Crosby, but seriously McCormick hit their guy with a legal(though the follow through of the elbow could've led to a penalty), and theyre complimenting the guy that got hit on taking the hit and no comment on the clean hit from cody.

U: Buffalo's Lack of Speed. If we aren't the quickest team on the ice, we're in trouble. Sadly, the aspect of Buffalo team speed died 6 years ago. I think we can all see that when Buffalo doesn't have speed on their team, the coaching staff and management look awful. The one thing we used to have on teams, and now teams are quicker and bigger.

OkimLom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:52 AM
threeVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzle View Post
I liked how Jay Moran (PA guy) announced the Buffalo goals yesterday. He spoke pretty normal with a long pause to give the crowd a chance to cheer. It was much better than his usual over-excited voice which sounds ridiculous and drives me nuts (Yoooooookin Heeeeeeeeeesht). I hope he keeps that up.
The good thing is we dont hear that Jochen Hecht very often

threeVo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:16 AM
Takeo

I didn't realize Miller was crying again in the post-game. Guy is such a little ****. How's his fashion store doing anyway?

Takeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:19 AM
RattleYourSabre

Quote:
I totally disagree. I hated the monotone. I love excitement when the home team scores. That's a big part of playing at home.

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:26 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
I didn't realize Miller was crying again in the post-game. Guy is such a little ****. How's his fashion store doing anyway?
Is this sarcasm? I seriously can't tell if you're accussing a guy of "Crying" because he was pissed off about losing.

vcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:42 AM
RattleYourSabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcv View Post
Is this sarcasm? I seriously can't tell if you're accussing a guy of "Crying" because he was pissed off about losing.
It's called "BFS" - Battered Fan Sydrome.

It's a condition where fans are so down on their team that they look for anything and everything to complain about. It's often subconcious and not even intentional, it's just a sour state of mind and it's reaches know no bounds.

Case in point, getting mad at Miller for being mad.

BFS.

RattleYourSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:00 AM
The Washer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foligno and Barnes View Post
Bad : Pominville not even willing to take responsibility for that awful turn over on their 3rd goal in the post-game interview. Not very captain like.
Hangover1 sums it up best; "You no **** on me"

I thought he "bussed" everyone on the ice for that goal. #DeadPoetsSocietyCries

The Washer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:02 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Miller is an immature *****. Now that he's adding multiple f-bombs to his temper tantrums, we should know he really means business!! Better yet, his teammates should know!!!

Old
02-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Zip15

Quote:
Disregard him. I do when it comes to Miller, as virtually every comment concerning Miller coming from that poster has, at minimum, a twinge of vitriol. He's the same poster who believes Lindy should be retained, and bends over backwards to excuse him from any of the team's shortcomings.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:07 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Miller is an immature *****. Now that he's adding multiple f-bombs to his temper tantrums, we should know he really means business!!
Riiiight.

Lets all sit indian style and play duck duck goose after the game. We can answer yes and no questions but only being asked upon if your hand is raised and then we can grab some orange slices from Kim Pegula when we are done.

This is the ****ing NHL. If a guy swears in his post game interview because his team is near last in the league, he isn't whining.

S319R11S16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:08 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
Miller is an immature *****. Now that he's adding multiple f-bombs to his temper tantrums, we should know he really means business!! Better yet, his teammates should know!!!
Being pissed off about losing is throwing a temper tantrum? ****, remind me to never play competitive sports with or near you.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Being pissed off about losing is throwing a temper tantrum? ****, remind me to never play competitive sports with or near you.
It just adds to his long-standing reputation as a mental basket case. He was bawling in his rookie season and resorted to a sports psychologist by year two. He continues to call out teammates on the ice and in the locker room and yet continues to be tremendously inconsistent in his own right. He is supposed to be the poster boy for this organization and yet has never once demonstrated a shred of leadership ability. This afflicted victim act is getting very, very old.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Old Navy Goat

Quote:
It just adds to his long-standing reputation as a mental basket case. He was bawling in his rookie season and resorted to a sports psychologist by year two. He continues to call out teammates on the ice and in the locker room and yet continues to be tremendously inconsistent in his own right. He is supposed to be the poster boy for this organization and yet has never once demonstrated a shred of leadership ability. This afflicted victim act is getting very, very old.
With the defensive acumen of his supposed defensemen you can't help but feel that he is the afflicted victim in most of these games.

Old Navy Goat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:20 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Hilarious.

Never once demonstrated a shred of leadership ability?

Really?

Last edited by S319R11S16: 02-18-2013 at 10:35 AM.
Old
02-18-2013, 10:24 AM
umbertovanek

Quote:
What's that supposed to prove?

I'd consider this a sign of professionalism, if anything.

umbertovanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:35 AM
The Washer

Quote:
I hear she's good. Sheen just tweeted that she tastes like Cinnamon Toast Crunch.

Disclaimer: No such tweet exists.

The Washer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:45 AM
vcv
Deal with it

Quote:
It just adds to his long-standing reputation as a mental basket case. He was bawling in his rookie season and resorted to a sports psychologist by year two.
He's an emotional guy and took a little time to adjust to the pressures of the league, so what?

Quote:
He continues to call out teammates on the ice and in the locker room and yet continues to be tremendously inconsistent in his own right.
He's absolutely right when he calls them out. He also calls himself out.

Quote:
He is supposed to be the poster boy for this organization and yet has never once demonstrated a shred of leadership ability. This afflicted victim act is getting very, very old.
Sorry but it's VERY hard to be a leader as a goalie. What the **** is he supposed to do?

Old
02-18-2013, 10:49 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
I heard its going well, just as his charity which is why he set it up in the first place.

No leadership there either im sure.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:04 AM
SabresBillsBuffalo

So uhhh Lindy Blows

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:09 AM
Fire Me
Cleared, BUT NOT OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbiggame View Post
Here's something... like Bucky said THIS TEAM CAN SKATE AND SCORE WITH THE BEST, just give it some time already. Everyone's so on edge because we had a **** football season now the sabres are playing bad. I think they will be fine once they start gelling. Myers looks like solid form has taken ahold again, he responds well to benching.
And when might that be? Six weeks from now?

Fire Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:22 AM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

That gelling will be when they have to win out to place in 8th

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:43 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
I thought it sucked.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:49 AM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

Quote:
Originally Posted by S319R11S16 View Post
I thought it sucked.
Much like everything about our in-game arena presentation...awful music etc...

ClearedButNotOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:51 AM
S319R11S16
Expect Suffering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagining Defeat View Post
Much like everything about our in-game arena presentation...awful music etc...
C'mon you didn't like "He's going the Distance" song yesterday?

How about the blarring rap in warm ups?

Awesome. Love it. Totally gets the team ready to go!