HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [24-30-6] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 03:06 AM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Corner2 View Post
Well your 2 points are contradictory....but anyways...

you are probably right, they will probably fastrack Tinordi.....and I'm not opposed to that he is huge and steady...even if I still find him very clumsy at times.

Pateryn has looked better to me when I have seen them playing at the same time. He is just a solid 2 way contributor.

In any case my point was really that we always talk about the 3 guys (Beaulieau, Tinordi & Ellis) because they were CHL guys, but I'm just excited to add Pateryn to the mix.
I didn't mean to, sorry if it was confusing. I was citing maturity for Pateryn because he already has his frame filled out, compared to the other rookie D's.

Pateryn will have do to a lot to surpass Tinordi in the depth chart. For the record, he's looking better than I thought he would in the AHL.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:03 AM
DAChampion

If 2010 1st round draft pick is the 6th dman at the start of the 2013-2014 season then he is not being fast-tracked.

That sounds just right to me.

Having Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn down there is very exciting.

We have Markov, Gorges, Subban, Diaz, Emelin as seeming long-term "locks" on D, well ... probably not.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:43 AM
Top Corner2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
If 2010 1st round draft pick is the 6th dman at the start of the 2013-2014 season then he is not being fast-tracked.

That sounds just right to me.

Having Tinordi, Beaulieu, Ellis, Pateryn down there is very exciting.

We have Markov, Gorges, Subban, Diaz, Emelin as seeming long-term "locks" on D, well ... probably not.
You can't look at it that way. It really depends on the player. Tinordi is a big guy. I watched him play a lot at the junior level and he was able to really dominate. I have not seen that at all in the AHL. I think he could move up and play NHL hockey soon and be good. I am just wondering if it wouldn't be better to wait until he starts dominating in the AHL like he did in junior hockey and at the WJC.

Ultimately we need the beef...so I think the habs may bring him in soon.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:39 AM
TennisMenace

Quote:
You can't look at it that way. It really depends on the player. Tinordi is a big guy. I watched him play a lot at the junior level and he was able to really dominate. I have not seen that at all in the AHL. I think he could move up and play NHL hockey soon and be good. I am just wondering if it wouldn't be better to wait until he starts dominating in the AHL like he did in junior hockey and at the WJC.

Ultimately we need the beef...so I think the habs may bring him in soon.
I'm all for moving PATERYN up before Tinordi. He is two years older and seems to have matured nicely. Tinordi still needs time, so why rush him?

Old
02-18-2013, 09:48 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Today (3 PM start) is the Bulldogs season. They are 11 points back of 8th place Rochester. Rochester has 2 games in hand.

However, the Bulldogs face them 4 more times after this game.

Regulation win is a must if there is any hope of getting into the race.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:55 AM
Forsead

How posters that watch the Bulldogs games regulary would say about Tinordi actual physical play, how he developed that aspect during the season ? I mean I watched some games during the lockout and I thought that yes he was a good skater, yes he had a mature defensive game, but I really thought that he needed to improve his physical, mean side of him to really be the player he can be in the NHL.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:07 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
How posters that watch the Bulldogs games regulary would say about Tinordi actual physical play, how he developed that aspect during the season ? I mean I watched some games during the lockout and I thought that yes he was a good skater, yes he had a mature defensive game, but I really thought that he needed to improve his physical, mean side of him to really be the player he can be in the NHL.
What I saw before the season started, he was pretty physical. He had a little trouble with skating against bigger and faster players.Last I saw, he was the most NHL ready out of all of them.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM
jwolf

I haven't visited this thread for a while and am curious as to how Leblanc has been doing. His points seem to be increasing lately. Has he been getting more ice-time? PP? Is he officially over his injury?

Old
02-18-2013, 11:14 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
And scoring goals.

Guy has impressed me, I'd say.
The first two goals he scored were real beauties. He can really hammer the puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
How was Tokarski? Surely seemed that he was extremely bad on the 1st goal....but how about the rest of the game?
I didn't think he was all that good but perhaps it was just nerves for the 1st game. I didn't see the entire game though.

Quote:
I think we around here underrate Pateryn....

Losing him was a big loss for this team and he may be our best & most ready D-man on the farm (after perhaps St.Denis)..
The NCAA guys tend to get underrated, I'd like to see Pateryn improve on moving his feet quicker but he's impressing at both ends of the ice right now and to think that he's barely played all year while others have been in game shape since oct/nov.

If St-Denis wasn't injured, i'm not sure who they would call up first, my guess is it would be Tinordi unless they wanted someone for the right side, so it would have to be either Pateryn or St-Denis since he can play RD with ease.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
What are the D pairing with everyybody healthy?
Stjeskal is likely playing his best hockey since he's been with the Dogs, but I can't see them sitting DeSantis or Ellis for him so I would assume that when St-Denis is back, which last I heard was going to be soon, they would go with,

Beaulieu Pateryn
Tinordi St-Denis
DeSantis Ellis

Perhaps they would consider rotating Ellis and Stejskal since he's a RFA this summer and they might want to continue getting a look at him as he is playing better and has been more physical of late which hopefully means he's getting more confident as the physical should be a big part of his game at the pro level but that hasn't really been the case from what i've seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galchenyuktocollberg View Post
Can someone right a paragraph on how Ellis tinordi and beaulieu are doing thanks in advance
Beaulieu has been up and down. At times you can see him start to take over a game as he can be all over the ice and uses his tools well (skating/speed/strength/passing) but other times he makes glarring mistakes in his own end that can leave you shaking your head. That said he's got a good mix of offensive skills to go with solid physical abilities, really hope the Habs take their time with him as I would hate to see him get rushed.

Tinordi just came back from an upper body injury, he's been a surprise for me in that he's made the transition quicker/more easier then I expected he would. His skating/mobility has also surprised me as he looks really good on his skates. I do expect to see him get in some games with the Habs next year, although I hope they don't rush him either as I would like to see him spend more time in Hamilton if possible. But he plays such a smart safe steady game and excells on the PK, so I wouldn't be shocked if he saw more time.

Ellis has been solid for the most part, he's been good at both ends of the ice, although I'd like to see him get quicker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Today (3 PM start) is the Bulldogs season. They are 11 points back of 8th place Rochester. Rochester has 2 games in hand.

However, the Bulldogs face them 4 more times after this game.

Regulation win is a must if there is any hope of getting into the race.
should be an interesting game, guessing Mayer will be in net, but despite winning the last 2 games with the 2 different goalies, imo neither looked very sharp in their games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
Personally I think some Hab fans are going to be disappointed with Tinordi's physical play. While he can dish out some big hits, and does so, I wouldn't say he's overly physical but perhaps that will change as he gets more experience as a pro under his belt. Right now he seems to be more focused on playing safe, smart defensive hockey and it's working.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:23 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post

Personally I think some Hab fans are going to be disappointed with Tinordi's physical play. While he can dish out some big hits, and does so, I wouldn't say he's overly physical but perhaps that will change as he gets more experience as a pro under his belt. Right now he seems to be more focused on playing safe, smart defensive hockey and it's working.
From what i saw of Tinordi, is that he's gonna be physical, but not overly physical. BUT, when the game gets nasty or when some players from the other team are trying to get him mad, that's where he becomes nasty and mean back there. Just like his father. He has an "Don't mess with me or my teammates" attiude, because he becomes mean outhere.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:25 AM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

Quote:
From what i saw of Tinordi, is that he's gonna be physical, but not overly physical. BUT, when the game gets nasty or when some players from the other team are trying to get him mad, that's where he becomes nasty and mean back there. Just like his father. He has an "Don't mess with me or my teammates" attiude, because he becomes mean outhere.
While i kind id disagree with you on that front, I'd take a mobile young hal gill any day of the week haha. Overly physical or not, tinordi is going to be a staple for this club imo

Old
02-18-2013, 11:38 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwolf View Post
I haven't visited this thread for a while and am curious as to how Leblanc has been doing. His points seem to be increasing lately. Has he been getting more ice-time? PP? Is he officially over his injury?
The lines have been shuffled around, Leblanc did see some time on the top line but last game he was back on the 2nd line as the top line was Tenute Dumont Blunden but he is getting time on the PP and has looked better so I'd wager he's over his injury as of late he seems to be moving around much better. Although the coaching staff still isn't happy with his play, saying he still has a good bit of work to do to get back on track.

Quote:
I agree, I think he will be physical from time to time and perhaps moreso once he gets a couple seasons under his belt as experience should increase his confidence. But I do think some around here think he's going to be this big ball of hate and I don't think that's going to be the case. He does a good job of sticking up for his mates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
While i kind id disagree with you on that front, I'd take a mobile young hal gill any day of the week haha. Overly physical or not, tinordi is going to be a staple for this club imo
Agreed, I don't know how good Tinordi will be in the NHL but with the steady defensive play, size, mobility, physical abilities and a excellent PKer he shouldn't have a problem being a regular in the NHL in the future and could end up having a very solid impact for the Habs.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Forsead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Not being the most physical player doesn't mean he won't be an useful guy, but to maximize his potential and value to the team, he has to become a mean and effective front of the net clearer IMO an aspect we lack since the good days of Mike Komisarek. I will never expect him to run guys with big hits, in fact it's something pretty rare with 6'6 + defensemans (look at Chara, Pronger, Gill, Myers etc. they have some highlight hits, but not as often has you think they would unlike guys like Kasparaitis, Konstantinov, Stevens etc.). He has to be intimidating and make forwards pay the price in the defensive zone, in the front of the net, during puck battle, he can and should overpower others players.

Thanks to the others replies that seems also to show he has maybe some work to do on that area of his game.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:45 AM
zzoo

From a dozen games that I've watched during the NHL lock-out, Tinordi was slightly more physical then Hal Gill. I'm not sure if Tinordi has changed it now.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Why are some names italicized when you check ahl scores ?

Old
02-18-2013, 04:16 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Why are some names italicized when you check ahl scores ?
NOTE: Players listed in Italics are the starting lineup.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
NOTE: Players listed in Italics are the starting lineup.
**** am I dumb.

Americans should get 50 shots.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

How the hell do you allow so many shots?! I had to double check when I went on habsprospects.com to see if I didn't misread the numbers...

Old
02-18-2013, 04:27 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Cutter View Post
How the hell do you allow so many shots?! I had to double check when I went on habsprospects.com to see if I didn't misread the numbers...
Tokarski allowed 2 goals on 49 shots ? Not bad then.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:29 PM
Gary320

The good news is that Tokorski saved 47/49 thats pretty awesome.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:40 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I think Tokarski is doing pretty well for us. Maybe it's just me, but I think we won the deal from the start.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:47 PM
That

Tokarski was absolutely brilliant today, very impressed. The Bulldogs made a ton of mistakes in their own zone, but Tokarski kept bailing them out.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:54 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Lefebvre must really not like Avtsin. Kid gets an assist in a win and he still gets benched.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:11 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
Lefebvre must really not like Avtsin. Kid gets an assist in a win and he still gets benched.
He was hurt in last game.

Habs Prospects website
Old
02-18-2013, 10:04 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
He was hurt in last game.
Thanks. I can't say I'm happy about him being hurt but it's good to hear he wasn't benched. Is it serious?

By the way, great site!

Closed Thread