HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Evgeny Kuznetsov to Edmonton

Old
02-09-2013, 08:50 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Penguins are interested in Ovechkin. Everyone is on the block except for Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Neal, Kunitz, Sutter, Fleury, and all of our good prospects.

Discuss.
Forgot Vitale. So all those guys + Vitale. Maybe something like Kennedy + Tangradi + 4th for Ovi? Cool? Cool. I'll notify Bettman.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 04:14 AM
sunnydaycrash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenSF View Post
Forgot Vitale. So all those guys + Vitale. Maybe something like Kennedy + Tangradi + 4th for Ovi? Cool? Cool. I'll notify Bettman.
Stop it hurts.....the funny is just too much to handle.

sunnydaycrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Oiled up*

I would offer a 5th round pick and that's it, Kuznetsov is married and making a lot of money tax free in mother Russia. If hes trying to start up a family i have a hard time seeing him come to N.A and therefore the 5th round pick would be totally justifiable as this is a high risk high reward type of situation.

Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:11 AM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 50
5 1st rounders

me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 08:47 AM
Wanderson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SchultzSquared View Post
He is so good he has 0 GP, 0 G, 0 A in the NHL.

Loic Leduc got the same stats as Klefbom in the NHL. Does that make them equal?

There is no logic in your statement.

Wanderson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 09:17 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Godberle View Post
I would offer a 5th round pick and that's it, Kuznetsov is married and making a lot of money tax free in mother Russia. If hes trying to start up a family i have a hard time seeing him come to N.A and therefore the 5th round pick would be totally justifiable as this is a high risk high reward type of situation.
I'm not sure about 'lot of money'. His club isn't known for spending big money.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:18 AM
Needles

Well, what do you know....

Quote:
What's this we hear about McPhee frantically working the phones trying to make changes? We're told the Capitals are so desperate to get immediate help they might even be willing to deal 2012 No. 1 pick Filip Forsberg (Sweden) and 2010 top pick Evgeny Kuznetsov (Russia). Apparently, McPhee found out pretty quickly that offering around D Roman Hamrlik wasn't going to get the Caps much in return. There would be interest in Forsberg and Kuznetsov, who both play in the middle..
http://www.ottawasun.com/2013/02/15/...arly-in-season

Kuznetsov doesn't seem to be untouchable after all. I've always thought so because someone said it on HF Boards.

Needles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:50 AM
Iceonfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post

Kuznetsov doesn't seem to be untouchable after all. I've always thought so because someone said it on HF Boards.
I would love Kuznetsov in Edmonton but I have no idea what an offer would look like for him. He doesn't seem to want to play in the NHL and his attitude isn't great.

Washington isn't really having scoring issues and their depth isn't that bad.

If anything a team like L.A with a goalie like Bernier might be enticing for Washington.

Iceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:49 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog View Post
Wrong. The player asked for is as good as Edmonton's young guns. Kuznetsov outplayed Tarasenko and Yakupov in the last WJC he played and has shown nothing, other than a desire to come over in two years, to suggest he isn't in their class.

But hey Gagne, Teubert , and a 2nd should get it done right Edmonton fans.
Teubert was traded to Edmonton from LA for Penner 2 years ago and Gagne is still in LA and on IR

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:12 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukan View Post
You wouldn't trade Klefbom for Kuz? Please tell me you're joking.. Please?
I would not . We no Klefbom is coming to Edmonton . Kuz not so much . He may never come . I know fan of the caps said he is coming ,but things change . He can make more money in the KHL and be staying in his home country .
Now i am not saying Klefbom is worth more . I am saying as an Oiler fan I would not do that trade . We all know the Oilers needs are mainly on defence and Klefbom always talks about coming to Edmonton , putting Edmonton first in all decision . We need more of that in Edmonton

Old
02-18-2013, 08:27 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
I would love Kuznetsov in Edmonton but I have no idea what an offer would look like for him. He doesn't seem to want to play in the NHL and his attitude isn't great.

Washington isn't really having scoring issues and their depth isn't that bad.

If anything a team like L.A with a goalie like Bernier might be enticing for Washington.
Please explain.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:34 AM
Oiled up*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderson View Post
Loic Leduc got the same stats as Klefbom in the NHL. Does that make them equal?

There is no logic in your statement.
The logic in his post is the fact that Klefbom is already in Edmonton talking to our doctors and management, not playing the rest of the year in sveden because he want's to be healthy for the Oilers next season... No comparison to Kuznetsov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
I'm not sure about 'lot of money'. His club isn't known for spending big money.
Tax free money in Russia... Means he probably will make more money in Russia than on an ELC in the NHL. There are many reasons for him to stay there though... Money most likely isn't one of them atm anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles View Post

Oh no...... news that Kuznetsov isn't untouchable and that McPhee is frantically shopping him? You wouldn't know by what people have been saying in this thread. I guarantee all of you now he is not going to fetch anything close to what the 5 youngsters in EDM are worth.

Last edited by Oiled up*: 02-18-2013 at 09:43 AM.
Oiled up* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:00 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Do you really trust Garrioch?
BTW, I remember Garrioch hatin' on Kuzya during WJCs so I wouldn't be surprised if he was told that McPhee was shopping prospects and wrote that Kuznetsov is available.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:30 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Oiler fans seem to live in a double standard delusional world.

Discriminating against a player simply because he currently does not play in the NHL is short-sighted. Last time i checked, players under 22 still have their entire career ahead of them ...

Yakupov and Schultz hadn't played in the NHL till this year. One assumes many of you wern't using the same "Haven't played in the NHL, LOL worth an NHL player) as you are now towards Kuznetsov. I imagine many of you were using statistical evidence to imply what NHL players they will become. It's convenient that now we discuss a player not affliated to the Oilers, suddenly the argument is flipped.

I feel like HFboards doesn't even watch players anymore. No projections. It's simply statistical data provided to supply an argument for a particular agenda.

Not entirely sure why Klefbom is being discussed, especially given he plays at a different position. However in terms of NHL projectability and upside, Kuznetsov is a significantly better prospect.

Kuznetsov is a gifted player. Probably the best Forward prospect outside the NHL currently. Total offensive package. If and when he arrives in the NHL, and he dedicates himself, he'll be a premier NHL forward. Ability wise, he's absolutely in the same category as Hall, RNH, Eberle and Yakupov.

If you don't want to trade any of the Big 4 for Kuznetsov, simply because they are here now, and Kuznetsov is not, that is absolutely fine. Kuznetsov isn't a huge need for your team. There is no stupidity in this idea. Stick with that then, rather than these illogical, double standard, hyproctical bull**** that some of you are spouting to fit your egotistical, biased agenda.

HFboards ; a blackhole of logic. A toilet piled with so much **** that you wouldn't even be able to decipher whether it is a toilet or not.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:57 AM
DuklaNation

Kuznetsov is probably the best forward outside the NHL right now. He should be available for trade for 2 reasons: WAS needs forward help and there is a risk he wont come to the NHL. Given that last reason, his trade value could be discounted somewhat. But depending on the team, perhaps they feel they have a better chance of luring him over here. Tough choice for WAS.

DuklaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:28 AM
sparxx87

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
Please explain.
His variable compete and intensity levels.

No question hes an elite talent, but he doesn't always bring it. Falls in the same category as Zherdev, Semin etc.

When he wants to play, he can take over a game. Problem is, he doesn't seem to want to play every game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Oiler fans seem to live in a double standard delusional world.

Discriminating against a player simply because he currently does not play in the NHL is short-sighted. Last time i checked, players under 22 still have their entire career ahead of them ...

Yakupov and Schultz hadn't played in the NHL till this year. One assumes many of you wern't using the same "Haven't played in the NHL, LOL worth an NHL player) as you are now towards Kuznetsov. I imagine many of you were using statistical evidence to imply what NHL players they will become. It's convenient that now we discuss a player not affliated to the Oilers, suddenly the argument is flipped.

I feel like HFboards doesn't even watch players anymore. No projections. It's simply statistical data provided to supply an argument for a particular agenda.

Not entirely sure why Klefbom is being discussed, especially given he plays at a different position. However in terms of NHL projectability and upside, Kuznetsov is a significantly better prospect.

Kuznetsov is a gifted player. Probably the best Forward prospect outside the NHL currently. Total offensive package. If and when he arrives in the NHL, and he dedicates himself, he'll be a premier NHL forward. Ability wise, he's absolutely in the same category as Hall, RNH, Eberle and Yakupov.

If you don't want to trade any of the Big 4 for Kuznetsov, simply because they are here now, and Kuznetsov is not, that is absolutely fine. Kuznetsov isn't a huge need for your team. There is no stupidity in this idea. Stick with that then, rather than these illogical, double standard, hyproctical bull**** that some of you are spouting to fit your egotistical, biased agenda.

HFboards ; a blackhole of logic. A toilet piled with so much **** that you wouldn't even be able to decipher whether it is a toilet or not.
Thats the concern.

Not sure why the Oilers want/need him? They need defense, goaltending, and better bottom 6 players. The one upgrade they could use in their top 6 is some size and grit, Kuznetsov doesn't bring that.

sparxx87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:47 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx87 View Post

Thats the concern.

Not sure why the Oilers want/need him? They need defense, goaltending, and better bottom 6 players. The one upgrade they could use in their top 6 is some size and grit, Kuznetsov doesn't bring that.
Perfectly reasonable. The oilers have bigger needs and similar talents. Nothing wrong with saying this.

Of course, many Oiler fans instead feel the need to use double standard arguments that suit their agenda.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:50 AM
Brian28

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
Perfectly reasonable. The oilers have bigger needs and similar talents. Nothing wrong with saying this.

Of course, many Oiler fans instead feel the need to use double standard arguments that suit their agenda.
Much like fans of pretty well every team in the league? There are some in every fanbase.

Brian28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:53 AM
Merci Saku

Some posters here really needs to get information before blasting on Kuznetsov by saying bad things about him.

http://www.russianmachineneverbreaks...ochi-olympics/

Here coming to the NHL, just chill

Merci Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:58 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian28 View Post
Much like fans of pretty well every team in the league? There are some in every fanbase.
Of course, but does this legitimize the stupidity in this thread?

Old
02-18-2013, 02:08 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345* View Post
What you don't seem to get is that, Kuznetsov's PRICE TAG that Washington defines doesn't change because of his probability of coming to the league. His PRICE TAG is high because he is a high end talent. And if he ever comes to the NHL, he WILL be a high end player. His Russian connection and associated risk impacts how much teams are willing to PAY. Washington is not going to trade him at what people are WILLING to pay, but based on the PRICE TAG set out by his potential. If he was some scrub 3rd liner, of course Washington would move their PRICE TAG. He isn't some scrub.
The problem is Kuznetsov a top prospect , one of the best in the world . But it is uncertain if he will come over . He is worth a lot if he was here . On the other hand why would Caps trade him for pennies on the dollar only to draft someone that is very unlikely to make the NHL . As an Oiler fan I would not give much for him . If i was a Cap fan i would want a lot or wait for a couple of years for him to come and have a great player . Any GM that offer players similar to the Oilers big 5 would be fired ,but given his talent he should be = to them . But as the old saying said a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush . The Oilers have their big 5 in their hands why would they trade one only to wait for 2 years to get a player with similar talent back ? Hence the reason for the low offers

Old
02-18-2013, 09:46 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCPenguin View Post
UMMM... check Pittsburgh's stats cowboy. We have two guys with more goals than Yak and some guy named Crosby is tied with him with goals and has nine more points. It's only the matter of time before Malkin passes him as well. That said, impressed by his start.

By the way, don't put Klefblom in the same mold as Kuznetsov as far as prospect rankings. While Klefblom is a top 30 guy, prospect wise (and that is solid), the Russian is top 10 and some have him top 5. I'd venture to guess Kuznetsov would command a higher return than Klefblom.
The point, in case you weren't paying attention was not to say Klefbom = Kuznetsov... it was to say that Edmonton WOULD consider trading their top prospect if it meant solid NHLers to get them into the playoffs. Especially if their top prospect was not a sure thing to come over and play in the NHL.

That said... I think Washington is too far out of it to make the trade. Too little too late for this year.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:57 PM
ViD
Arty vs Nash 22:25

vCash: 520
I think people overreact about Kuznetsov staying some more time in Russia. He said he would want to try himself in the NHL, but he wants to be ready. Chill out - he will come over and most likely lead the Caps to the next play off run.

ViD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 04:11 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

9 pages on a trade proposal that doesn't make absolutely any sense... HF, you will never stop surprising me.

Traktor is playing thursday (8:00 AM EST) his 1st KHL Conference 1/4 final game against Barys Astana. If you don't really know which kind of player Kuznestov is, to watch this game is highly recommended.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 05:52 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Add Gagner to that list of untouchables.

We're trying to make the playoffs this year. We're not shooting for the lottery.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote