HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bouchard or Setoguchi to Penguins

Old
02-18-2013, 12:17 AM
Paralyzer008

vCash: 500
Bouchard or Setoguchi to Penguins

Pens need a scoring winger, and we all know Ray Shero was in Minny the other day.

Could a deal be reached here?

Paralyzer008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
Or for pete's sake. We've been over the "Seto or Bouchard to Pittsburgh" so many times now. I don't want to trade Seto but maybe Bouchard could be moved.

Oh, and in before OCPenguin bashes Seto or Bouchard.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:18 AM
Sh00terMcGavin
Snake? Snaaaaaaake!

What are the Wild looking for?

Sh00terMcGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

As it's been said numerous times before the Wild would be looking at either Niskanen or one of Pittsburgh's d prospects like Maatta. Now I don't think the Wild would be willing to give up the required assets to get Niskanen and I don't see why Pittsburgh would move him either. Something around Bouchard + for one of Pittsburgh's many d prospects could probably be worked out though.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:13 AM
centcougar07

Depends on what Shero is willing to put out there on the trading block

centcougar07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:22 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Or for pete's sake. We've been over the "Seto or Bouchard to Pittsburgh" so many times now. I don't want to trade Seto but maybe Bouchard could be moved.

Oh, and in before OCPenguin bashes Seto or Bouchard.
Bouchard wouldn't cost a lot to get. Injuries are just...they would scare me if I am Ray given what has transpired the last 2yrs.

Last edited by Honour Over Glory: 02-18-2013 at 03:28 AM.
Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:27 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
As it's been said numerous times before the Wild would be looking at either Niskanen or one of Pittsburgh's d prospects like Maatta. Now I don't think the Wild would be willing to give up the required assets to get Niskanen and I don't see why Pittsburgh would move him either. Something around Bouchard + for one of Pittsburgh's many d prospects could probably be worked out though.
Flip it the other way, would you give up a d prospect for Bouchard? I wouldn't. At most, I would flip Kennedy + a mid pick for him.

He's played 97 games out of 246 possible games in the past 3yrs prior to this year. His numbers in those games aren't bad by any means, but he comes at a risk, a big risk. Pens are a team that had injury issues of their own, they aren't going to give up a solid defense prospect for a guy that has that kind of history with concussions and injuries.

Pens aren't going to dump Maatta, Pouliot, Harrington, Dumoulin, Samuelsson, or Morrow. They lost Strait and traded Lovejoy and Sneep. That's 3 guys that they lost. That freed up a bit of a logjam in WBS and on the D depth chart.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:32 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Hasn't Bouchard recently been a healthy scratch for the Wild and isn't he UFA after this season?

I think he's a skilled guy but I wouldn't want to see Shero give up one of our D prospects for him. Too many question marks IMO.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:28 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Something can definitely be worked out between both teams and Setoguchi is a player we could use. Bouchard not so sure

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:24 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

To Pitt: Seto, Bouchard, Clutterbuck

To Minn: Despres, 2013 1st.

DeuceMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:34 AM
Kris Chreider
#Bickel4Norris

We need Kennedy coming back if we were to trade those 3 wingers. We have a lot of rookies in the lineup already.

Seto, Bouchard, 2nd for

Despres, Kennedy, 3rd

Or Seto+PMB+Clutterbuck+2nd for Orpik+Kennedy?

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:38 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
We need Kennedy coming back if we were to trade those 3 wingers. We have a lot of rookies in the lineup already.

Seto, Bouchard, 2nd for

Despres, Kennedy, 3rd
i don't know where to sign but just assume its signed

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:40 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Any interest in a couple bums named Brodziak and Cullen?

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:40 AM
forthewild

the reason bouchard is a healthy scratch is because he hasn't played well, he's the classic Top 6 of useless type and he doesn't jell with anyone on our team. his best years were when he had Rolston on the team who would shoot any puck that came his way.

If healthy i think he would be a great player on Maling/Neil line or Crosby/Seto line, he's got the skill he's a great passer just has no place on this team at all

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:42 AM
Fordy
the kid signify

Don't want Bouchard. Barely want Seto. If you want Despres you're joking.

Fordy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceMN View Post
To Pitt: Seto, Bouchard, Clutterbuck

To Minn: Despres, 2013 1st.
I would say not to that one but I'm not as enamored of Clutterbuck as some other Pens fans are. IMO if the Pens are giving up Despres and a 1st it should be for a better long term solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post

Seto, Bouchard, 2nd for

Despres, Kennedy, 3rd

Or Seto+PMB+Clutterbuck+2nd for Orpik+Kennedy?
I don't think you'd have a hard time getting Pens fans to throw in Kennedy on any proposal. That said I prob wouldn't do either of these.

On the second one, regardless of value I don't think the Pens can afford to trade Orpik right now. He's playing huge minutes and he & Paul Martin seem to have found their games while paired up. I wouldn't want to mess with that pairing.

Before anyone says it I know you need to give to get. I would just prefer if the Pens were giving Despres they'd get something different.

Dying Alive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:47 AM
ThatGuy22

ThatGuy22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:10 PM
Mo Wanchuk
Embrace the Hate

It is beating a dead horse. But with Zucker showing what he is capable of, Granny rounding into form and still a plethora a talent in Houston it may be time to move some of these guys out and allow the kids to show what they can do. Being a fan of both teams, I see a need for Seto on the Pens and even moreso Clutterbuck. But Clutterbuck still has a role on the Wild. PMB I can take or leave. He has skills no doubt, but his injuries do scare me. I also know the Wild need guys who shoot the puck. Tyler Kennedy would do that to the point of exhaustion. He is sort of redundant on the Wild, ie third line energy guy. But he has speed and can shoot the puck. I wouldn't be against sending Maata or Niskanin to the Wild. They need some help on the blueline. Pens need a guy to slot in with Sid or Geno (Seto) and would love a banger like clutterbuck for the third line. There is a deal here to be made, I'm just not sure which pieces go back and forth.

Mo Wanchuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:13 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Zubrus for Hrdina

err...little to no interest in Bouchard...I love the guy, but the injuries scare me way too much. Seto would be a fall-back option in my eyes, but because he can likely be had for a reasonable asset and the Penguins and Wild have a good working relationship I wouldn't be surprised in the least if something happens.

At this point the Wild are adding if they want Niskanen, though. Probably not a ton, but it no longer has equal one-for-one value. Despres is a completely unrealistic target for Minnesota for those players.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Big McLargehuge is offline   Reply With Quote