Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v.7

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 09:57 AM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
Mitchell has been great because he's a bottom-6er who is fast and doesn't turnover the puck much. Despite his size, he's strong on the puck and can cycle decently.

That's kind of a big deal and completely underrated. Add that he has some offensive skill, and there is a lot to like in him.

Now, contrast that with pretty much everybody else we've ever had in the bottom-6, and you'll notice how all those guys sucked at keeping the puck in the O-zone despite their "physicality" or "energy" or "toughness" or shot-blocking abilities.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:57 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

I tend to glaze over posts that suggest trading away half the team.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
02-18-2013, 10:24 AM
chethejet

Well my post was more to do with each team trading contracts which may help those players and with Kennedy and a pick maybe a two for Setoguchi would help both teams. The wild get some cap relief and the Pens get a winger who can benefit from playing with a great center. Who Fletcher signs next year will be up to him. But having more cap room to add to a substantial investment in Parise and Suter to me made sense.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:25 AM
keppel146
We love Bacon

I wanna see a trade still! PMB or Seto

Old
02-18-2013, 10:37 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

vCash: 50
Butch - I like him, but he doesn't fit on our team anymore. We're not going to be re-signing him and he's just sitting out games now anyways. We need to trade him for what we can get. It's shameful to have a forward of his caliber sitting. Especially after all the work he did just to be able to play again.

Cullen - WE're probably not re-signing him. He's fine in a bottom 6 role, but we have too many that can do what he does. There's no real spot for him on this team anymore. I would try to move him as well if we can this year.

Heatley - He's still producing some, but not at all what what you would expect from his contract or the ice time he gets. He just keeps getting slower as well. I am intrigued by the idea of buying him out this summer.

With this space cleared up, we could then make a legitimate move for Perry or Getzlaf. I still do not see Granlund as a great C in this league, not for a year or two, if at all. Maybe I'm wrong, but, if you could pencil Getzlaf into the 2C role on this team, THAT would be strong. I think he would do quite well on this team.

Or you get Perry. Perry on the top line with Koivu and Parise. That would be a balanced, skilled, filthy filthy top line. We would also have the cap for it.

The kids could then fight over the second and third lines. I'm still hoping Larsson might be able to fill that 2C role. He has plenty of speed, is defensively responsible, and plays the perfect style to blend well with Granlund.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:13 AM
hokijanari

Getzlaf? No way.... He's very expensive and IMO is not worth the money. He's arrogant and too moody. And a second-line role behind Koivu wouldn't suit him. He needs to be the number one star and this is Koivu's team.

Ofcourse he is one of the most skilled guys in the NHL, but still, too risky.

And Perry. OMG, that would be unreal.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:18 AM
DeuceMN
Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokijanari View Post
Getzlaf? No way.... He's very expensive and IMO is not worth the money. He's arrogant and too moody. And a second-line role behind Koivu wouldn't suit him. He needs to be the number one star and this is Koivu's team.

Ofcourse he is one of the most skilled guys in the NHL, but still, too risky.

And Perry. OMG, that would be unreal.
This is actually the only concern I have about him as well. I do wish his work ethic was a little stronger, and his ego a little less.

However, He is also slightly more skilled than Koivu, imo, and if Koivu would move to 2c...

Between the two I would rather do Perry. Less complications and more of a known commodity as far as production.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:38 AM
nickschultzfan

I can see Getzlaf having declining production from the moment he signs his massive new contract.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:46 AM
DANOZ28

im still in the trade pmb & cullen by the trade deadline to open up spots for coyle & zucker. i doubt the ducks dont re-sign both getzlaf & perry but either would be nice addition to the wild. after this year if we reduce backs to 3.5 mill and release pmb 4.1 mill & cullen 3.5 mill we'll be ok.(money wise)

Old
02-18-2013, 11:51 AM
BigT2002

Seeing how Anaheim is playing amazing, you think they are going to trade away key pieces to that top line?? Bobby Ryan is the only player on that line I would want too. Getzlaf is Randy Moss of the NHL at time and Perry...I just can't stand the guy. Plus neither are from Minnesota so most people won't want them

I still don't see why you make a move for fowards. We need desperately someone on defense who can hold their own. Falk/Stoner/Prosser are painful to watch.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:55 AM
grN1g

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Seeing how Anaheim is playing amazing, you think they are going to trade away key pieces to that top line?? Bobby Ryan is the only player on that line I would want too. Getzlaf is Randy Moss of the NHL at time and Perry...I just can't stand the guy. Plus neither are from Minnesota so most people won't want them

I still don't see why you make a move for fowards. We need desperately someone on defense who can hold their own. Falk/Stoner/Prosser are painful to watch.
^ need to upgrade the back end more than anything.

Suter-Brodin
X-Gilbert
Stoner-X

is our backend next year with Falk, Scandella, and Spurgy all needing new deals, none of which have either A: shown than can play on the left side, or B: aren't the Dmen we need to be playoff threats.

in my opinion i dont think stoner fits this system at all, and i view our depth as this

Suter Brodin
X-Gilbert
X-X
Stoner

Dumba

Old
02-18-2013, 11:57 AM
Generic User
Dynamic as they come

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Disagreed. While you're right about Falk/Stoner/Prosser being crap, we need goals. I think acquiring a D prospect for the future makes more sense than a #3-6 D for now. We need to score now.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:00 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Completely unrelated, but Minnesota acquired Perry in this season when I played Be A GM with my own team that was effectively the Blue Jackets.

Just saying.

02-18-2013, 12:02 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
Completely unrelated, but Minnesota acquired Perry in this season when I played Be A GM with my own team that was effectively the Blue Jackets.

Just saying.
And to make this not-so unrelated, if we were to trade Bouchard... Well, I see him going with Falk.

It is a very intriguing package to many teams. A big D prospect that has flashes of top-4 D + an established fast playmaker with good hands. It can fetch a decent return, me thinks.

That said, I still wouldn't like to see Bouchard traded. Not before we try Bouchard-Brodziak-Coyle -line. As a 3rd line, it could do some real damage.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:19 PM
nickschultzfan

I disagree on our blueline. It's young and talented. Blueliners don't hit their stride until 25+. No changes needed. Just proper slotting and further development.

#1 and #2
Suter & Brodin - Great first pair. Can really puck move and play defense. Don't change for the next 10 years.

Gilbert - Good #3 Dman. Not great defense, but solid and he makes up for it with his puck-moving and offensive ability.

Unfilled at this point. Need a guy who compliments Gilbert. See below.

Spurgeon -Even is supporters have to admit he's limited. When side-by-side compared with Brodin, it's not even close. He's a very smart player and good puck-mover, but he fits best as the bottom-pairing Dman who can play special teams and move up when there is injuries

#6 & #7
Stoner and Falk - Neither have shown the consistency to play big minutes, but both add size and strength to the blueline that isn't there before. Both are exposed when playing top-4 minutes. Stoner is probably peaked, so Falk may beat him out in the long run. However both have a spot on this team long-term. If they go, there will be a lot of "physical Dman to the Wild" trade proposals from Wild fans.

Prosser. Whatever says me. He's ok to step in. Ain't gonna cry if he leaves.

So, who is #4?
Scandella and Dumba - With Stoner, Falk, Spurgeon, and Prosser all failing to show that they should be 2nd pairing Dmen, I think it's a matter of time before Scandella gets a shot. He played very well with Gilbert before, and the two players would compliment each other well. Scandella can play more of a stay-at-home role and bring the physical game, but also bring it in other parts of his game. Don't forget guys like Falk have two years of muscle on him and Stoner has 4-5 years. Scandella will be a beast as he puts on more and more weight.

If Scandella doesn't work out, Dumba will get a shot, and Scandella can bump out Falk or Stoner in the bottom pairing.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:55 PM
MuckOG
The Brodin Effect

Quote:
If Scandella doesn't work out, Dumba will get a shot, and Scandella can bump out Falk or Stoner in the bottom pairing
Don't forget about our other young Swedish prospect, he may factor into the equation next season:

Daniel Gunnarsson...

Old
02-18-2013, 01:16 PM
OpRedDawn*

vCash: 127
I thought Gunnarsson looked sweet the last time I saw him. And with a name like that, you just know he's gonna be good xD

Old
02-18-2013, 01:48 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
^ need to upgrade the back end more than anything.

Suter-Brodin
X-Gilbert
Stoner-X

is our backend next year with Falk, Scandella, and Spurgy all needing new deals, none of which have either A: shown than can play on the left side, or B: aren't the Dmen we need to be playoff threats.

in my opinion i dont think stoner fits this system at all, and i view our depth as this

Suter Brodin
X-Gilbert
X-X
Stoner

Dumba
Actually Scandella and Falk only look comfortable on the left side. As for no success, Scandella was on our top pair for ~half of last season, and we were a middle of the pack team defensively. Clearly the lock-out and his injury have hurt him more than anyone, though I question why Yeo never even tried him with Gilbert, the guy he was shutting down top-lines with down the stretch last year. Its a numbers game and with him the only one not subject to waivers(aside from Brodin), and Yeo's comfortability with Clayton Stoner on his 2nd pairing make him the easy man out. Can't say I agree with it, but Scandella has continued to struggle with consistency. Next year we won't have the option of shuffling Marco down as he'll no longer be waiver exempt. But if Yeo's more comfortable with Stoner and Falk and Fletcher can sign them to reasonable contracts we might as well start shopping Scandella.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:28 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

If there's one player who the Wild hold the rights to for the 2013-'14 season that I don't foresee being with this organization, it's Scandella.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:41 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
If there's one player who the Wild hold the rights to for the 2013-'14 season that I don't foresee being with this organization, it's Scandella.
Writing is certainly on the wall when he's currently slated behind 4 guys he was ahead of at the end of last season. Wouldn't be surprised if he and his agent have demanded a trade behind the scenes, as he can't be happy playing in Houston with the role he played last year for the Wild.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:54 PM
nickschultzfan

You guys are ridiculous when it comes to Scandella.

The only reason he's in Houston is because:

1. He had a significant injury
2. There was no training camp for him to establish himself.
3. He had a two-way contract.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:59 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

And the main ones:

1. He's playing nowhere near an NHL level.
2. When he's not injured, he's shown to be inconsistent. At best.

Therefore this staff doesn't have the trust in him to see NHL ice. He won't be on this roster next year and based on what I've gleaned, I'd put money on it.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:24 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
And the main ones:

1. He's playing nowhere near an NHL level.
2. When he's not injured, he's shown to be inconsistent. At best.

Therefore this staff doesn't have the trust in him to see NHL ice. He won't be on this roster next year and based on what I've gleaned, I'd put money on it.
Challenge accepted. $20?

Old
02-18-2013, 03:25 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
Challenge accepted. $20?
So pretty much a beer at the X next year?

Old
02-18-2013, 03:25 PM
BuddyMcCormick

vCash: 934
Quote:
So pretty much a beer at the X next year?
Sure, if that floats your boat.

Closed Thread