HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2013, 12:58 PM
  #876
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Depends on who you ask. Domi to me isn't the Knights best player..Horvat is..hands down. Domi is top 5...I actually wouldn't even rank him #2..that would go to Harrington. Gift wrapped is a stretch...anyone before Kingston could have taken him and reaped the same return. Unless you were under a rock you knew he wasn't reporting to Kingston and London would be paying the ransom to get him.
Kingston decided to take draft pick compensation. 3 2nd rounders for a top 10 pick is stupid especially when we are talking top 10 picks. This is why nobody else drafted him, imagine trying to rationalize to your fanbase that you only took a player because you wanted more draft picks in return. Kingston was dumb enough to bite on it, so PP if you have the 8th pick overall and I offer you 3 2nd rounders for it would you take it just a yes or no answer.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:05 PM
  #877
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Kingston was dumb enough to bite on it, so PP if you have the 8th pick overall and I offer you 3 2nd rounders for it would you take it just a yes or no answer.
3 2nd rounders..and a comped 1st rounder in the next draft...therefore I get 2 1sts the following year in the top 10?....YES. It's not a simple answer unless you point out the entire scenario.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:12 PM
  #878
GangGreen
Registered User
 
GangGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Kingston decided to take draft pick compensation. 3 2nd rounders for a top 10 pick is stupid especially when we are talking top 10 picks. This is why nobody else drafted him, imagine trying to rationalize to your fanbase that you only took a player because you wanted more draft picks in return. Kingston was dumb enough to bite on it, so PP if you have the 8th pick overall and I offer you 3 2nd rounders for it would you take it just a yes or no answer.
What about Ebert and Bateman?

GangGreen is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:15 PM
  #879
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
3 second round picks is gift wrapped? When I get gifts I'm not paying anything
Domi for the 23rd pick overall, not sure what Kingston got in return for the other 2nd rounder because it got moved than a 2015 2nd rounder. I would say that is being gift wrapped.

Domi for DiPerna and ???

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:17 PM
  #880
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
What about Ebert and Bateman?
Ebert was drafted by Mississauga who was hosting the Memorial Cup and wanted to use him as leverage to bulk up for a run. Bateman was also used as leverage a late 1st round pick to get more picks because Niagara wanted to make a run. Kingston just doesn't care and will sell whatever fan base they have down the river. I see that Domi trade has worked out well for the Fronts.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:18 PM
  #881
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
3 2nd rounders..and a comped 1st rounder in the next draft...therefore I get 2 1sts the following year in the top 10?....YES. It's not a simple answer unless you point out the entire scenario.
That's compensation from the OHL not the London Knights.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:26 PM
  #882
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
That's compensation from the OHL not the London Knights.
Doesn't matter where the compensation comes from..the Fronts knew they'd be getting 2 picks in the 1st round the next draft. Far from stupid.... 4 picks for 1 player who wasn't going to play for you anyways?...No brainer if you ask me.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:34 PM
  #883
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Doesn't matter where the compensation comes from..the Fronts knew they'd be getting 2 picks in the 1st round the next draft. Far from stupid.... 4 picks for 1 player who wasn't going to play for you anyways?...No brainer if you ask me.
Kingston punted last year and missed the playoffs and with their bounty they got for Domi they are only 2 points up on that final playoff spot. I fail to see how this was a no brainer move especially when the organization isn't any better from when they drafted Domi.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:45 PM
  #884
GangGreen
Registered User
 
GangGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Kingston punted last year and missed the playoffs and with their bounty they got for Domi they are only 2 points up on that final playoff spot. I fail to see how this was a no brainer move especially when the organization isn't any better from when they drafted Domi.
If Kingston can themselves a good young goalie, they're gonna be a powerful team the next couple of years. So far for Domi, they have Sam Bennett and Spencer Watson

GangGreen is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:48 PM
  #885
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Kingston punted last year and missed the playoffs and with their bounty they got for Domi they are only 2 points up on that final playoff spot. I fail to see how this was a no brainer move especially when the organization isn't any better from when they drafted Domi.
They won't reap the rewards of dealing Domi until next season. Kingston was gonna suck last year and scrape by this year even with Domi. To me they made the right move..and they're still not done with the picks they got for Domi.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:55 PM
  #886
RayzorIsDull
Registered User
 
RayzorIsDull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 6,659
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
If Kingston can themselves a good young goalie, they're gonna be a powerful team the next couple of years. So far for Domi, they have Sam Bennett and Spencer Watson
How do they have Spencer Watson? Watson was the Fronts 2nd round pick that already belonged to Kingston. So for it's DiPerna, Bennett and ???? 2nd rounder from Guelph got dealt not sure what that went for and the 2015 pick which isn't for another few years.

RayzorIsDull is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 02:41 PM
  #887
GangGreen
Registered User
 
GangGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
How do they have Spencer Watson? Watson was the Fronts 2nd round pick that already belonged to Kingston. So for it's DiPerna, Bennett and ???? 2nd rounder from Guelph got dealt not sure what that went for and the 2015 pick which isn't for another few years.
Sorry, got Diperna and Watson picks mixed up.
Don`t matter though, Gill and Gilmour thought their Leafs connection to Domi would be enough to get him to report. Still a lot more than the Rangers got for Fowler

GangGreen is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 03:29 PM
  #888
Knighthammer
Registered User
 
Knighthammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 531
vCash: 500
Domi: YOU'RE DEAD! *Throat slash*

Wonder what Lemon said to him.

Knighthammer is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 04:34 PM
  #889
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 500
Knights snap a 4 game losing streak winning at Niagara 5-1,beating a team that is 4-14

in their last 18,talk about a team dropping like a rock,losing Hamilton has killed the Dogs

they are lucky they are in the East,would not make the playoffs in the West

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 04:45 PM
  #890
sbrug
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighthammer View Post
Domi: YOU'RE DEAD! *Throat slash*

Wonder what Lemon said to him.
Domi needs to knock that off, but what is Lemmon trying to prove. All game he was running around, got away with a check from behind on Welychka where London somehow ends up shorthanded. Not one to bash the referees like fellow conference rival fans like to, but you know it's not right when the Niagara IceDog commentator even says that London was on the short end of a lot of calls.

sbrug is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 04:54 PM
  #891
OHLTG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Windsor, ON
Posts: 3,538
vCash: 500
Haha, that Domi stuff made me laugh. Great talent offensively, but man, stop the stupid threats. You covered to Brendan McCann last year. What exactly are you going to do to Lemmon?

OHLTG is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 05:00 PM
  #892
sbrug
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Stolarz now has a 2.25 GAA with a .927 save % and should be emerging as London's #1. We're starting to see why Stolarz is a 2nd round pick of Philly. Patterson has some skills but he just hasn't been consistent enough. Hopefully they're getting their game back.

sbrug is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 05:04 PM
  #893
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Haha, that Domi stuff made me laugh. Great talent offensively, but man, stop the stupid threats. You covered to Brendan McCann last year. What exactly are you going to do to Lemmon?
Make lemmonade?

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 08:31 AM
  #894
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Yes,London lost to the host team,a team that got knocked out in the 2nd rd of their playoffs,and all the Knights could do was score 1 goal with their vaunted offense,had all the momentum going to the final game, and their rope a dope style came back to haunt them
Id say the host team had all the momentum, not the Knights. They were at home, had won the semi and a game to get there and beat all 3 league champs. The knights won a tie breaker and sat around for a few days. The host had mo on their side.
Quote:
You can talk about Windsor luck at the table all u want draft is a crapshoot all the time,win some losesome
Some win more often than others
Quote:
As for the 3rd run Spits original plan was to rebuild which was the reason they traded Shugg and Cantin,then the season began things were pretty tight so they went for it and finshed in the final 4,hardly a flub year,plus they got to the final
4 without Hall and Fowler who graduated early
I am pretty sure a team with Hall,Fowler,Shugg and Cantin would have knocked off
Owen Sd
Again Rychel misread his teams potential and bailed early only to change his mind and go the other direction and fell short. Shoulda went with one or the other, not go back n forth. A mistake IMO. And you say the KNights lumped it getting to CHL final and OT but claim a OHL league semi is an accomplishment . And youll never know if they coulda beat the Sound with those players. Woulda, coulda , shoulda- Im sure the KNights fans could bring up those type scenarios as well. Its a waste cause well never know, didnt happen and in this case because Rychel sold to early
Quote:
So last yr was the rebuilding year,finshed 8th like the Knights did the year before,and that was with trading Kunhackl,campbell, and Koko getting hurt and missing the last 12 games plus playoffs
You left out the KNights also sold, reaping a huge bounty at the deadline, gave OS their toughest series (and to take a page outta your book- had their most important [layer out with concussion last part of series) AND went on to win the OHL reg and POs the next year. Windsor after finishing eigth? Got swept. Good chance at missing PO this year. I think we know who rebuilt quicker and more effectively
Quote:
This year went off the rails,drafting not an issue,the unexpected loss of koko,
and the underwheilming performance of many players
Underwhelming performance linked to caoching or Rychels inability to make changes early when he said he would. Again wouldnt give me confidence moving forward.
Quote:
The last yr 2 drafting can be puti into question,talking 2010 and 2011 not this past but stuff happens
Quote:
At the end of the day I will take 2 mem cups in 7 years instead of 1 in 12 anyday
In all honesty Id take Hunters record. Hes done it with different groups nad been far more consistent. As a fan I want a chance to win as often as possible. Well see if they are a one time wonder kinda management group or if they can rise again after this terrible reloading.
Quote:
Besides games are won on the ice not the boardroom,best team on paper does not
always win
Again admitting the best team doesnt always win- Did that happen to the Knights last year? I dont think so but using your logic.....

aresknights is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:32 AM
  #895
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 500
Aresknights

Regarding feeling good about a conference final after 2 straight mem cup wins most would agree thats amazing and a definite reason to feel proud as u know most teams go into a rebiuld after winning 1,winning 2 even more so,but then again u dont know afterall the Knights have not 2 straight before,dont see it happening with current goaltending,so I dont see it as a misread by Rychel but a decision to go for 3 straight because of the unexpected closeness
I for one did not think the Knights had the best team on paper last yr in Mem Finals,close but the not the best,put up a good fight,still say the rope a dope style killed them,proof was in the pudding
People who have won before should be able to do it again,now i am talking the Mem Cup
not a league final that few will remember years from now
2 Mem Cups in 7 years is much better then 1 in 12,its not luck to win 1 aka London,and its not luck to win 2 aka win,to say otherwise is to disparage those who have won for either team

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:43 AM
  #896
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Id still take the Mark to lead the way than Rychel. Time will tell who was, in the big, long term picture who was more successful.

The Spits had one great run, no arguements there. Hes also fumble Fu*@ed more than Mark ever has since taking over. This season has to be considered a failure on all accounts.
Now its time to see if Rychel can get them back and keep them relevant year in and year out.
Maybe its just a maturity thing. Not an insult just an experience thing. I see him acting, at times in an unproffessional way when things arent to his liking. I think this years team shows that. Losing big and all they wanna do is fight- at Boogs request often, when winning hes down at ice level with his big SH^# grin and when losing hes either pouting or no where to be seen. ( at least this is what Ive seen at teh Bud and other road games on TV. The Hunters had their times with this as well early in the ownership but have seen far less as the years have gone on

Youd take Rychel, Id take Marks leadership, no biggie.

Botha re competitive ,no doubt

aresknights is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:48 AM
  #897
aresknights
Registered User
 
aresknights's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Regarding feeling good about a conference final after 2 straight mem cup wins most would agree thats amazing and a definite reason to feel proud
But getting to a last goal wins for the CHL title, with a team who wasnt picked to go that far, isnt a reason to feel good? Its a "lump" Cmon on now, you cant argue both those and not be a lil hypocritical or accussed of wearing SPits coloured glasses

Point remains- Rychel made a mistake starting a rebuild to early or you may have had a shot at a 3peat and your all about the Memorial Cup. Rychel cost your team that chance with his back and forth. And he may have cost another shot at it by fumbling this rebuild (and the sanctions) maybe costing an automatic birth and the host gig. A couple big fumbles IMO


Last edited by aresknights: 02-18-2013 at 11:56 AM.
aresknights is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 12:03 PM
  #898
sbrug
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Aresknights

Regarding feeling good about a conference final after 2 straight mem cup wins most would agree thats amazing and a definite reason to feel proud as u know most teams go into a rebiuld after winning 1,winning 2 even more so,but then again u dont know afterall the Knights have not 2 straight before,dont see it happening with current goaltending,so I dont see it as a misread by Rychel but a decision to go for 3 straight because of the unexpected closeness
I for one did not think the Knights had the best team on paper last yr in Mem Finals,close but the not the best,put up a good fight,still say the rope a dope style killed them,proof was in the pudding
People who have won before should be able to do it again,now i am talking the Mem Cup
not a league final that few will remember years from now
2 Mem Cups in 7 years is much better then 1 in 12,its not luck to win 1 aka London,and its not luck to win 2 aka win,to say otherwise is to disparage those who have won for either team
You say they weren't as good as Shawinigan but rope a dope cost them. Which one is it?

You continue to bring up the final 4s but also say that Windsor is better run because of 2 Memorial Cups. I can't follow someone who argues both sides of the coin. You like final 4s? cause London's been to 6 of them in the past 9 years but as London fans we're supposed to blow Rychel and Boughner for their 3 year run?

Can you at least pick one side of the argument and roll with it?

sbrug is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 12:22 PM
  #899
GangGreen
Registered User
 
GangGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
You say they weren't as good as Shawinigan but rope a dope cost them. Which one is it?

You continue to bring up the final 4s but also say that Windsor is better run because of 2 Memorial Cups. I can't follow someone who argues both sides of the coin. You like final 4s? cause London's been to 6 of them in the past 9 years but as London fans we're supposed to blow Rychel and Boughner for their 3 year run?

Can you at least pick one side of the argument and roll with it?
You have to remember this is the same guy who blasted the Knights for playing Leroux when Windsor regularly dresses Clark, Bilcke and Bowen. He goes in circles more than a NASCAR driver. Apparently Final 4's only count if you're Windsor.


Last edited by GangGreen: 02-18-2013 at 12:40 PM.
GangGreen is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
  #900
hockeylegend11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,740
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
You say they weren't as good as Shawinigan but rope a dope cost them. Which one is it?

You continue to bring up the final 4s but also say that Windsor is better run because of 2 Memorial Cups. I can't follow someone who argues both sides of the coin. You like final 4s? cause London's been to 6 of them in the past 9 years but as London fans we're supposed to blow Rychel and Boughner for their 3 year run?

Can you at least pick one side of the argument and roll with it?
I was talking about going to the final 4 after winning the mem cup back to back,most teams rebuild after 1 let lone 2,6 final 4 appearances is great for 12 years 1 mem cup
is not
As for my feeling about London not being the best lineup team at the mem cup,I did not think Shawingan was the best either,as matter of fact i thought London was better,I thought the team from out west was the best team

hockeylegend11 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.