HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jeff Woywitka's Game?

Closed Thread

Old
12-18-2003, 11:49 AM
O.T.

vCash: 500
Jeff Woywitka's Game?

I've been watching tapes of last years WJC and paying close attention to Jeff. But I cannot get a good read on what type of defenseman he is. Everything I read says that he is a guy that can support or lead the rush, and Brent Sutter compared his style to Brewer, but I just don't see it, I don't see the offensive upside that others do.

I see a potential 20-25 point man in the NHL, that plays his postition well, and does what is asked of him. I think he will hit, but will not go out of his way to take someone's head off. Personnally I see a defenseman that is very good at positioning, and has very good hockey sense.

The more I think about it the more I cannot compare him to anyone in the NHL. I think that he may be a mix of an Eric Brewer and a Robyn Regehr. Take a few qualities of each of those two, and you come up with Jeff Woywitka style IMO. I think he will be a very good #3-#4 defenseman and I would be very pleased with that.

What are your views on him? Since the trade all I have heard about is Comrie, I want to hear the opinions of Jeff Woywitka now. By the way, I am happy with the trade, and am glad that he is now in the Oilers system.

Old
12-18-2003, 11:50 AM
O.T.

vCash: 500
Sorry I did'nt see the other thread about him, I'll post this in there.

Closed Thread