HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 OHL Priority Selection Prospects Part 2

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2013, 10:20 AM
  #176
GangGreen
Registered User
 
GangGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker33 View Post
connor schlichling, knights love YSE players and hes a great defenceman
Thanks walker. I've seen his name mentioned a few times in that spot. What's the 411 on him? More offensive or defensive-minded? Big, physical? Thx

Edit: Found his stats. Listed at 6-2 180. 15 pts. and 50 PIM in 34 games. Would he considered in the top 5 d-men for the draft, not including Day and Werenski?

GangGreen is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:40 AM
  #177
JansenHockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer9723 View Post
I know its a few weeks away, but does anybody know the SCTA players to watch at the playoffs on march 1st and 2nd?
This is not a rank just players I will be looking for at the SCTA Tournament.

Forwards

Mike Davies - Southern Tier Admirals
Jesse Barwell - Oakville Rangers
Matt Kreis - Halton Hurricans
Brette McKenzie - Oakville Rangers
Jackson Bales - Brampton 45's
Adam Craievich - Oakville Rangers

Defence

Tory Henley - Oakville Rangers
Garrett McFadden - Grey Bruce Highlanders
Kyle Capobianco - Oakville Rangers
Matt Spencer - Oakville Rangers
Connor Walters - Southern Tier Admirals
Andrew Burns - Oakvile Rangers
Matthew Mercer - Halton Hurricans

Goaltenders

Zack Bowman - Niagara North Stars
Brendan McGlynn - Oakville Rangers
Ben Blacker - Brampton 45's

JansenHockey is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:04 PM
  #178
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker33 View Post
connor schlichling, knights love YSE players and hes a great defenceman
I know he has visited London already. I think there is mutual interest there. At the same time, I wouldnt be surprised if he goes before the #19 pick.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 01:09 PM
  #179
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Thanks walker. I've seen his name mentioned a few times in that spot. What's the 411 on him? More offensive or defensive-minded? Big, physical? Thx

Edit: Found his stats. Listed at 6-2 180. 15 pts. and 50 PIM in 34 games. Would he considered in the top 5 d-men for the draft, not including Day and Werenski?
Stay at home defenseman. Extremely calm, maybe to a fault at times. He is not very aggressive physically. He is smart, skates very well for his size, excellent passer always on the tape, makes good decisions leaving the zone. He has a massive shot from the point. His on ice game is trending upward and he is getting better with time, in a few years I think he has a very good chance to be a first round NHL pick.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 07:30 PM
  #180
walker33
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Thanks walker. I've seen his name mentioned a few times in that spot. What's the 411 on him? More offensive or defensive-minded? Big, physical? Thx

Edit: Found his stats. Listed at 6-2 180. 15 pts. and 50 PIM in 34 games. Would he considered in the top 5 d-men for the draft, not including Day and Werenski?
yes absolutley..he skates like hes in the nhl right now. amazing skater IMO. smart big, see his overall stats from the season with tournaments, more PIM mor PTS loud hitter i dont see a team like london passing on him, so much potential. if he was still with the marlies he would be talked about as a higher pick

walker33 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 08:01 PM
  #181
GangGreen
Registered User
 
GangGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Thanks to both of you for the info on Schlichting, sounds like exactly what the Knights would need to bolster their defence corps with the expected losses next season.

So from reading everything here it would seem that Day, Werenski, Spencer, Henley and McFadden would be considered the top 5 defencemen available, with Schlichting on the fringe of that with a few others. So the chances of him being available at 19 depends on how many flyers like Yan or Greenway are drafted in the first round?

GangGreen is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 08:19 PM
  #182
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
I have been told that Werenski is not coming to the OHL and has committed to the US program.

In respect to Dmen, you can add MacArther, Lizotte and Mayo as honourable mentions to the top 5 dmen.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 08:38 PM
  #183
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
What are the chances that Spencer makes it too #5?

Which might be more like 4 if Windsor misses playoffs.

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 10:52 PM
  #184
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
What are the chances that Spencer makes it too #5?

Which might be more like 4 if Windsor misses playoffs.
In the first week of March, I believe there will be a released USNTDP roster for an evaluation camp. We will know who is in and who is out. Rumours have been circulating since September.

Even with Werenski in the draft Matt Spencer shouldnt be there unless he will not report to certain teams. After Sean Day, and not including US born players, I believe Matt Spencer is the top guy with the most upside from Ontario. His skating top end speed is not far behind Sean Day, this kid has some serious wheels. U add his size and the sky is the limit for Matt Spencer. Id say the chances he is there are close to 0. He skates better than every single 96 born defenseman from last year. I believe Day and Spencer go #1 and #2. Erie would love a puck rushing Dman. We will see.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
02-17-2013, 11:06 PM
  #185
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Thanks to both of you for the info on Schlichting, sounds like exactly what the Knights would need to bolster their defence corps with the expected losses next season.

So from reading everything here it would seem that Day, Werenski, Spencer, Henley and McFadden would be considered the top 5 defencemen available, with Schlichting on the fringe of that with a few others. So the chances of him being available at 19 depends on how many flyers like Yan or Greenway are drafted in the first round?
There are no shortage of defenseman. If Schlichting is gone, u can find another player.

Connor Walters may or may not be there. But Im sure he will go in that area and London will look at him. He is no doubt a shut down Defenseman, he engages anyone, any size. He is definately one of my favourite players to watch in this upcoming draft. U see the guys compete level and u just love it, it oozes leadership. This kid battles and comes to life in the dirty areas of the rink behind the goal line and in front of the net. With that compete level Its hard not to think how far he can go in the future. Add his size and its even better. I wondered about his high end speed but Ive seen glimpses of excellent acceleration. He is so well positioned, he rarely has to hit that highway gear.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 07:26 AM
  #186
defensehockey19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,667
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
In the first week of March, I believe there will be a released USNTDP roster for an evaluation camp. We will know who is in and who is out. Rumours have been circulating since September.

Even with Werenski in the draft Matt Spencer shouldnt be there unless he will not report to certain teams. After Sean Day, and not including US born players, I believe Matt Spencer is the top guy with the most upside from Ontario. His skating top end speed is not far behind Sean Day, this kid has some serious wheels. U add his size and the sky is the limit for Matt Spencer. Id say the chances he is there are close to 0. He skates better than every single 96 born defenseman from last year. I believe Day and Spencer go #1 and #2. Erie would love a puck rushing Dman. We will see.
Same style as Mckeown? Cause I love watching that kid play. As of right now how do you see the top 7 picks playing out Mapleleaf? Thanks in advance!!!

defensehockey19 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:03 AM
  #187
wingman22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 67
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I have been told that Werenski is not coming to the OHL and has committed to the US program.

In respect to Dmen, you can add MacArther, Lizotte and Mayo as honourable mentions to the top 5 dmen.
There's another one tiger.

wingman22 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
  #188
hockeyonice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
some others to keep an eye on after just watching the B45's and STA game is

SMITH from the 45's FORWARD best player on ice that game although a little small quick shifty player
SCHOEMAN from STA GOALIE outstanding in this game stopping 32 of 34 shots quick excellent reflexs because of him STA got the tie
FOX from STA good hands and knowledge of game
BAIRD from STA big winger skates extremely well loves the physical side of the game

Others to watch
REDMAN Grey Bruce GOALIE steady good positionally
JAMBROSICH HBD forward good skater decent hands
BZOWEY OR forward great shot works hard every shift

If things all line up my opion for some of the best hockey to watch will be the OMHA FINALS. If the teams win that should your going to have 22 great hockey games with these teams
BARRIE, YSE, OAKVILLE, STA and WHITBY
MARCH 8-10 in WHITBY

hockeyonice is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 09:32 AM
  #189
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman22 View Post
There's another one tiger.
You still haven't answered my Korostelev question...

With respect to Chewer, my contacts are within the US program as well as the players agent. Nothing has changed in respect to Werenski. Will that eventually change? Maybe, but the invite was sent out last July.

My issue with your posts have always been you presenting things as final, (ie. Korostelev not on the draft list) when there is actual had evident to suggest otherwise. It seems as thou your almost cheering for players to fall off, not waiting for the process to play out.

Two players have officially signed with the NDTP officially last week, but one wasn't Werenski.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:17 AM
  #190
Storm Watching
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 14
vCash: 500
Okay I'm confused, is Korostelev eligible or not? I got a peek at the central rankings a couple of weeks ago and he's on there. Why would they list him if he isn't eligible?

Storm Watching is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 11:45 AM
  #191
Tigers1992
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 3,361
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Watching View Post
Okay I'm confused, is Korostelev eligible or not? I got a peek at the central rankings a couple of weeks ago and he's on there. Why would they list him if he isn't eligible?
He is eligible. For some reason 'Wingman' continues to suggest that he is not. I'm not sure why or the motivation.

Tigers1992 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 12:47 PM
  #192
GangGreen
Registered User
 
GangGreen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
You still haven't answered my Korostelev question...

With respect to Chewer, my contacts are within the US program as well as the players agent. Nothing has changed in respect to Werenski. Will that eventually change? Maybe, but the invite was sent out last July.

My issue with your posts have always been you presenting things as final, (ie. Korostelev not on the draft list) when there is actual had evident to suggest otherwise. It seems as thou your almost cheering for players to fall off, not waiting for the process to play out.

Two players have officially signed with the NDTP officially last week, but one wasn't Werenski.
Who were the 2? Kirwan and ?

GangGreen is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 01:48 PM
  #193
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Same style as Mckeown? Cause I love watching that kid play. As of right now how do you see the top 7 picks playing out Mapleleaf? Thanks in advance!!!
Similar to Mckeown, but there are differences. Spencer is a faster skater and will be able to skate himself out of danger in his own zone at will. Mckeown has an edge for his on ice work ethic. Mckeown was one of the hardest working players Ive ever seen. Both have good puck skills, smart and are offensive defenseman.

Top 7 : Ontario

1. Day
2. Spencer
3. Strome
4. Mackenzie
5. Konecny
6. Crouse
7. Speers

* Konecny slides down a bit based on his size and how that translates to the OHL. Konecny in my opinion will struggle scoring goals in the OHL and will probably have to focus on being a playmaking winger, similar to Hosang.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
  #194
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Watching View Post
Okay I'm confused, is Korostelev eligible or not? I got a peek at the central rankings a couple of weeks ago and he's on there. Why would they list him if he isn't eligible?
Tigers1992 is right , Nikita Korostelev is eligible.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 03:28 PM
  #195
Garyboy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Is that what the Little Caesars team was last year?
I don't really follow US teams so I have no idea what their regular roster looked like.
Yes, that was them. Made up of prep school players from St Mary's, club players from the Young Americans, Team Illinois, and various Detroit area AAA teams.

Garyboy is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 03:40 PM
  #196
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
There were 7 names leaked recently for USNTDP.

Brendan Warren, Brent Jr Gates, Noah Hanifin, Luke Kirwan, Jordan Greenway, Dennis Yan, Zach Werenski.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 08:41 PM
  #197
chewerjones
Registered User
 
chewerjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post
You still haven't answered my Korostelev question...

With respect to Chewer, my contacts are within the US program as well as the players agent. Nothing has changed in respect to Werenski. Will that eventually change? Maybe, but the invite was sent out last July.

My issue with your posts have always been you presenting things as final, (ie. Korostelev not on the draft list) when there is actual had evident to suggest otherwise. It seems as thou your almost cheering for players to fall off, not waiting for the process to play out.

Two players have officially signed with the NDTP officially last week, but one wasn't Werenski.
I am not saying that Tiger is right or wrong, and all I wanted to state was that my sources in Michigan have stated that Werenski will go the US route. I am not saying it is etched in stone, but just what I heard from reliable sources. Things may change.

chewerjones is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 10:28 PM
  #198
checkmate3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I am not saying that Tiger is right or wrong, and all I wanted to state was that my sources in Michigan have stated that Werenski will go the US route. I am not saying it is etched in stone, but just what I heard from reliable sources. Things may change.
Said it before! Must have the same sources Chew

checkmate3 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 03:49 PM
  #199
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
There were 7 names leaked recently for USNTDP.

Brendan Warren, Brent Jr Gates, Noah Hanifin, Luke Kirwan, Jordan Greenway, Dennis Yan, Zach Werenski.
They weren't just leaked by some nobody either, USHR is reporting it (pay site but you can see a few of the names).

jfb392 is offline  
Old
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
  #200
BigBuck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 458
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
They weren't just leaked by some nobody either, USHR is reporting it (pay site but you can see a few of the names).
From what I see these guys are among the 51 kids that are invited to the evaluation camp in Ann Arbor,Mich from March 22-26 this year.It doesn't say anybody has committed to the program yet.

BigBuck is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:57 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.