Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 10:20 AM
GangGreen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by walker33 View Post
connor schlichling, knights love YSE players and hes a great defenceman
Thanks walker. I've seen his name mentioned a few times in that spot. What's the 411 on him? More offensive or defensive-minded? Big, physical? Thx

Edit: Found his stats. Listed at 6-2 180. 15 pts. and 50 PIM in 34 games. Would he considered in the top 5 d-men for the draft, not including Day and Werenski?

Old
02-17-2013, 10:40 AM
JansenHockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer9723 View Post
I know its a few weeks away, but does anybody know the SCTA players to watch at the playoffs on march 1st and 2nd?
This is not a rank just players I will be looking for at the SCTA Tournament.

Forwards

Mike Davies - Southern Tier Admirals
Jesse Barwell - Oakville Rangers
Matt Kreis - Halton Hurricans
Brette McKenzie - Oakville Rangers
Jackson Bales - Brampton 45's
Adam Craievich - Oakville Rangers

Defence

Tory Henley - Oakville Rangers
Garrett McFadden - Grey Bruce Highlanders
Kyle Capobianco - Oakville Rangers
Matt Spencer - Oakville Rangers
Connor Walters - Southern Tier Admirals
Andrew Burns - Oakvile Rangers
Matthew Mercer - Halton Hurricans

Goaltenders

Zack Bowman - Niagara North Stars
Brendan McGlynn - Oakville Rangers
Ben Blacker - Brampton 45's

Old
02-17-2013, 01:04 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by walker33 View Post
connor schlichling, knights love YSE players and hes a great defenceman
I know he has visited London already. I think there is mutual interest there. At the same time, I wouldnt be surprised if he goes before the #19 pick.

Old
02-17-2013, 01:09 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangGreen View Post
Thanks walker. I've seen his name mentioned a few times in that spot. What's the 411 on him? More offensive or defensive-minded? Big, physical? Thx

Edit: Found his stats. Listed at 6-2 180. 15 pts. and 50 PIM in 34 games. Would he considered in the top 5 d-men for the draft, not including Day and Werenski?
Stay at home defenseman. Extremely calm, maybe to a fault at times. He is not very aggressive physically. He is smart, skates very well for his size, excellent passer always on the tape, makes good decisions leaving the zone. He has a massive shot from the point. His on ice game is trending upward and he is getting better with time, in a few years I think he has a very good chance to be a first round NHL pick.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:30 PM
walker33

Quote:

yes absolutley..he skates like hes in the nhl right now. amazing skater IMO. smart big, see his overall stats from the season with tournaments, more PIM mor PTS loud hitter i dont see a team like london passing on him, so much potential. if he was still with the marlies he would be talked about as a higher pick

Old
02-17-2013, 08:01 PM
GangGreen

Thanks to both of you for the info on Schlichting, sounds like exactly what the Knights would need to bolster their defence corps with the expected losses next season.

So from reading everything here it would seem that Day, Werenski, Spencer, Henley and McFadden would be considered the top 5 defencemen available, with Schlichting on the fringe of that with a few others. So the chances of him being available at 19 depends on how many flyers like Yan or Greenway are drafted in the first round?

Old
02-17-2013, 08:19 PM
chewerjones

I have been told that Werenski is not coming to the OHL and has committed to the US program.

In respect to Dmen, you can add MacArther, Lizotte and Mayo as honourable mentions to the top 5 dmen.

Old
02-17-2013, 08:38 PM
defensehockey19

What are the chances that Spencer makes it too #5?

Which might be more like 4 if Windsor misses playoffs.

Old
02-17-2013, 10:52 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
What are the chances that Spencer makes it too #5?

Which might be more like 4 if Windsor misses playoffs.
In the first week of March, I believe there will be a released USNTDP roster for an evaluation camp. We will know who is in and who is out. Rumours have been circulating since September.

Even with Werenski in the draft Matt Spencer shouldnt be there unless he will not report to certain teams. After Sean Day, and not including US born players, I believe Matt Spencer is the top guy with the most upside from Ontario. His skating top end speed is not far behind Sean Day, this kid has some serious wheels. U add his size and the sky is the limit for Matt Spencer. Id say the chances he is there are close to 0. He skates better than every single 96 born defenseman from last year. I believe Day and Spencer go #1 and #2. Erie would love a puck rushing Dman. We will see.

Old
02-17-2013, 11:06 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Thanks to both of you for the info on Schlichting, sounds like exactly what the Knights would need to bolster their defence corps with the expected losses next season.

So from reading everything here it would seem that Day, Werenski, Spencer, Henley and McFadden would be considered the top 5 defencemen available, with Schlichting on the fringe of that with a few others. So the chances of him being available at 19 depends on how many flyers like Yan or Greenway are drafted in the first round?
There are no shortage of defenseman. If Schlichting is gone, u can find another player.

Connor Walters may or may not be there. But Im sure he will go in that area and London will look at him. He is no doubt a shut down Defenseman, he engages anyone, any size. He is definately one of my favourite players to watch in this upcoming draft. U see the guys compete level and u just love it, it oozes leadership. This kid battles and comes to life in the dirty areas of the rink behind the goal line and in front of the net. With that compete level Its hard not to think how far he can go in the future. Add his size and its even better. I wondered about his high end speed but Ive seen glimpses of excellent acceleration. He is so well positioned, he rarely has to hit that highway gear.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:26 AM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
In the first week of March, I believe there will be a released USNTDP roster for an evaluation camp. We will know who is in and who is out. Rumours have been circulating since September.

Even with Werenski in the draft Matt Spencer shouldnt be there unless he will not report to certain teams. After Sean Day, and not including US born players, I believe Matt Spencer is the top guy with the most upside from Ontario. His skating top end speed is not far behind Sean Day, this kid has some serious wheels. U add his size and the sky is the limit for Matt Spencer. Id say the chances he is there are close to 0. He skates better than every single 96 born defenseman from last year. I believe Day and Spencer go #1 and #2. Erie would love a puck rushing Dman. We will see.
Same style as Mckeown? Cause I love watching that kid play. As of right now how do you see the top 7 picks playing out Mapleleaf? Thanks in advance!!!

Old
02-18-2013, 09:03 AM
wingman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I have been told that Werenski is not coming to the OHL and has committed to the US program.

In respect to Dmen, you can add MacArther, Lizotte and Mayo as honourable mentions to the top 5 dmen.
There's another one tiger.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:04 AM
hockeyonice

some others to keep an eye on after just watching the B45's and STA game is

SMITH from the 45's FORWARD best player on ice that game although a little small quick shifty player
SCHOEMAN from STA GOALIE outstanding in this game stopping 32 of 34 shots quick excellent reflexs because of him STA got the tie
FOX from STA good hands and knowledge of game
BAIRD from STA big winger skates extremely well loves the physical side of the game

Others to watch
REDMAN Grey Bruce GOALIE steady good positionally
JAMBROSICH HBD forward good skater decent hands
BZOWEY OR forward great shot works hard every shift

If things all line up my opion for some of the best hockey to watch will be the OMHA FINALS. If the teams win that should your going to have 22 great hockey games with these teams
BARRIE, YSE, OAKVILLE, STA and WHITBY
MARCH 8-10 in WHITBY

Old
02-18-2013, 09:32 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman22 View Post
There's another one tiger.
You still haven't answered my Korostelev question...

With respect to Chewer, my contacts are within the US program as well as the players agent. Nothing has changed in respect to Werenski. Will that eventually change? Maybe, but the invite was sent out last July.

My issue with your posts have always been you presenting things as final, (ie. Korostelev not on the draft list) when there is actual had evident to suggest otherwise. It seems as thou your almost cheering for players to fall off, not waiting for the process to play out.

Two players have officially signed with the NDTP officially last week, but one wasn't Werenski.

Old
02-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Storm Watching

Okay I'm confused, is Korostelev eligible or not? I got a peek at the central rankings a couple of weeks ago and he's on there. Why would they list him if he isn't eligible?

Old
02-18-2013, 11:45 AM
Tigers1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Watching View Post
Okay I'm confused, is Korostelev eligible or not? I got a peek at the central rankings a couple of weeks ago and he's on there. Why would they list him if he isn't eligible?
He is eligible. For some reason 'Wingman' continues to suggest that he is not. I'm not sure why or the motivation.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:47 PM
GangGreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post

With respect to Chewer, my contacts are within the US program as well as the players agent. Nothing has changed in respect to Werenski. Will that eventually change? Maybe, but the invite was sent out last July.

My issue with your posts have always been you presenting things as final, (ie. Korostelev not on the draft list) when there is actual had evident to suggest otherwise. It seems as thou your almost cheering for players to fall off, not waiting for the process to play out.

Two players have officially signed with the NDTP officially last week, but one wasn't Werenski.
Who were the 2? Kirwan and ?

Old
02-18-2013, 01:48 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Same style as Mckeown? Cause I love watching that kid play. As of right now how do you see the top 7 picks playing out Mapleleaf? Thanks in advance!!!
Similar to Mckeown, but there are differences. Spencer is a faster skater and will be able to skate himself out of danger in his own zone at will. Mckeown has an edge for his on ice work ethic. Mckeown was one of the hardest working players Ive ever seen. Both have good puck skills, smart and are offensive defenseman.

Top 7 : Ontario

1. Day
2. Spencer
3. Strome
4. Mackenzie
5. Konecny
6. Crouse
7. Speers

* Konecny slides down a bit based on his size and how that translates to the OHL. Konecny in my opinion will struggle scoring goals in the OHL and will probably have to focus on being a playmaking winger, similar to Hosang.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:05 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Watching View Post
Tigers1992 is right , Nikita Korostelev is eligible.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:28 PM
Garyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Is that what the Little Caesars team was last year?
I don't really follow US teams so I have no idea what their regular roster looked like.
Yes, that was them. Made up of prep school players from St Mary's, club players from the Young Americans, Team Illinois, and various Detroit area AAA teams.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:40 PM
mapleleaf979

There were 7 names leaked recently for USNTDP.

Brendan Warren, Brent Jr Gates, Noah Hanifin, Luke Kirwan, Jordan Greenway, Dennis Yan, Zach Werenski.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:41 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers1992 View Post

I am not saying that Tiger is right or wrong, and all I wanted to state was that my sources in Michigan have stated that Werenski will go the US route. I am not saying it is etched in stone, but just what I heard from reliable sources. Things may change.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:28 PM
checkmate3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
I am not saying that Tiger is right or wrong, and all I wanted to state was that my sources in Michigan have stated that Werenski will go the US route. I am not saying it is etched in stone, but just what I heard from reliable sources. Things may change.
Said it before! Must have the same sources Chew

Old
02-19-2013, 03:49 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
There were 7 names leaked recently for USNTDP.

Brendan Warren, Brent Jr Gates, Noah Hanifin, Luke Kirwan, Jordan Greenway, Dennis Yan, Zach Werenski.
They weren't just leaked by some nobody either, USHR is reporting it (pay site but you can see a few of the names).

Old
02-19-2013, 04:10 PM
BigBuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
They weren't just leaked by some nobody either, USHR is reporting it (pay site but you can see a few of the names).
From what I see these guys are among the 51 kids that are invited to the evaluation camp in Ann Arbor,Mich from March 22-26 this year.It doesn't say anybody has committed to the program yet.

Closed Thread