HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Los Angeles and Toronto

Old
02-18-2013, 01:02 PM
Anth93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
He's got 9 points in 13 games. The whole team is struggling to score. Where do you people come up with this stuff?
I'm sorry I was referring to the Richards who had 6 points in 11 games with only 1 goal. Maybe he has turned it around?

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:02 PM
dannyboy8920
I cheer for Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I'm not saying the deal is fair...but, the leafs would be lucky to have a player like Richards on their team.
Can't agree more.

Not many teams would shy away from a Mike Richards type player on their team.

dannyboy8920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Although I agree that the leafs are not offering enough for Richards, lets leave the insults at the door before we enter the thread, no?
I was not the first to toss out the insults but i am man enuff to say if what i said was taken as a insult i am sorry. I just found it funny for him to call the leaf team a defensive team when yes they are trying to get more defensive one cant call a team defensive after 15 or so games.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:14 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth93 View Post
I'm sorry I was referring to the Richards who had 6 points in 11 games with only 1 goal. Maybe he has turned it around?
If a player can re-vitalize his career in your eyes from being a 'shell of his former self' to he's "turned it around" in 2 games. Was he really struggling all that much to begin with? If they are one multi point game away from being a star player again then maybe it is too soon to throw down the 'he's regressed to a bottom six player' bit.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi

Last edited by Telos: 02-18-2013 at 01:23 PM.
Telos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:15 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
What have Grabovski and Gardiner proven exactly? Grabo's a good #2C and Gardiner is a good young D-man but Richie has won gold with team Canada juniors and men, Memorial Cup, Calder Cup, plays with heart and skill, grit and put up points, won a Cup, took his team to a Cup final the year before. Come on.
Hurt i would like to say thank you for reminding me that not all leaf fans are (how to put this without being rude ) hard to deal with. I will admit i tend to group alot of ur fan base in that catergory. Its nice to see someone from your teams fan base recognize talent from another team and realize the flashy goals isnt the be all and end all of evaluating talent. Something i sadly dont see often.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:09 PM
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor

Ya know everyone, I did say feel free to add anything to either side, or just flat out disagree. I did not say this is exactly what we should command and what it will take to get Richards

So much fan base and player bashing going on here.

MapleLeafs9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:59 PM
DaAnimal

The Canon is going no where.

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:48 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingV View Post
He would be the 2nd line center.

Grabovski: 53.2% on faceoffs
Stoll: 52.7% on faceoffs

He is just as good as Richards defensively. Leafs are a defense-first team as well, and he has been used in a pure shutdown role.

Grabovski is not currently on the PP. He is being used entirely in a shutdown role, and doing very well at it.
Did you forget we have Carter? Carter would be our second line center, not Stoll (who right now our 3-4th line center).

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:06 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
Did you forget we have Carter? Carter would be our second line center, not Stoll (who right now our 3-4th line center).
Carter is on the wing.

If carter was at C then Richards too would be the 3rd line C.

Kopitar
Carter
Richards

Or

Kopitar
Carter
Grabovski

Not much of a difference, both would play the same role

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:16 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Carter is on the wing.

If carter was at C then Richards too would be the 3rd line C.

Kopitar
Carter
Richards

Or

Kopitar
Carter
Grabovski

Not much of a difference, both would play the same role
My point being that Carter is a wing now, because Richards is the center on the second line (for the most part). If we were to trade Richards in the deal, Carter would move from wing to center and Grabovski would be 3rd.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Anth93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
If a player can re-vitalize his career in your eyes from being a 'shell of his former self' to he's "turned it around" in 2 games. Was he really struggling all that much to begin with? If they are one multi point game away from being a star player again then maybe it is too soon to throw down the 'he's regressed to a bottom six player' bit.
I was being sarcastic.

Anth93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:12 PM
MapleLeafs9
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBernierFan View Post
My point being that Carter is a wing now, because Richards is the center on the second line (for the most part). If we were to trade Richards in the deal, Carter would move from wing to center and Grabovski would be 3rd.
What is wrong with a 2nd line centre with a 53% faceoff rating playing on your 2nd line, and keeping Carter on the wing? I think a lot of you guys are severely underrating Grabovski. The guy works hard every shift out there, is just snake bit right now and is a legit 2nd line centre. He wasn't signed to a $5.5M dollar contract for no reason.

MapleLeafs9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:05 PM
kihei

vCash: 4651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Yes because points are the only determinant of a player's value. This would be a steal for Toronto.
Absolute rubbish. How many games has Richards' intangibles won for LA? And how do you know by the way? Let some other team outrageously overpay for him.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:07 PM
MastuhNinks

Since 2010-2011 Grabovski and Richards have produced at a very similar rate, personally I don't think the difference between the two defensively (which really isn't massive) is worth trading Gardiner for.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Reclamation Project
オオシマ・ヒロミ

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Absolute rubbish. How many games has Richards' intangibles won for LA? And how do you know by the way? Let some other team outrageously overpay for him.
His intangibles helped us win this...

Last edited by Reclamation Project: 02-18-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:25 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I can tell from most of the replies that most Leafs fans don't recall what it was like to be in the playoffs and to have a player like Mike Richards stepping his game up when it matters most.

As for the misinformed poster asking what intangibles Richards has won for LA? Are you serious? Do the Kings play their games well past your bed time?

Yeah, no team needs a player who can protect a lead, deliver crushing hits, stands up for teammates, and can also provide some timely offense. Nope, the Leafs need none of that, after all, they've been a playoff contender for so long. I truly wonder sometimes if people in Toronto watch hockey outside of their bubble.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:46 PM
raswilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
I can tell from most of the replies that most Leafs fans don't recall what it was like to be in the playoffs and to have a player like Mike Richards stepping his game up when it matters most.

As for the misinformed poster asking what intangibles Richards has won for LA? Are you serious? Do the Kings play their games well past your bed time?

Yeah, no team needs a player who can protect a lead, deliver crushing hits, stands up for teammates, and can also provide some timely offense. Nope, the Leafs need none of that, after all, they've been a playoff contender for so long. I truly wonder sometimes if people in Toronto watch hockey outside of their bubble.

In my opinion, the Richards hit on Burrows was a turning point for the Kings in their playoff run. Burrows has been tormenting the Kings for years and that hit on him brought the Kings together. Again, just my opinion, but it is one of my favorite highlights of the whole cup run.

raswilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:37 PM
SoulAssassin

Mike Richards offered all the same things Doug Gilmour did for the Leafs in his days.. you know, when the Leafs had a true #1 center, a leader, a guy who improved the team... wait, the same guy all Leaf fans are crying and dying to have. They're playing great but please do not confuse yourselves that Richards is not an improvement.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:43 PM
SCARFACE909

Leaf fans don't want Richards, fine by me, I'll gladly keep him.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Reclamation Project
オオシマ・ヒロミ

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by raswilliam View Post
In my opinion, the Richards hit on Burrows was a turning point for the Kings in their playoff run. Burrows has been tormenting the Kings for years and that hit on him brought the Kings together. Again, just my opinion, but it is one of my favorite highlights of the whole cup run.
Many people believe it was that hit or Brown's. Either way I agree. Richie is the man.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:58 PM
Hotlanta

As a Leaf fan, I would kill to have Richards over Grabo, I would even give up Gardiner+, however, why would LA do this?

People are giving the Leafs way to hard of a time in this thread. This is not the same Ron Wilson Leafs. Grabo has been excellent in his 2nd/3rd line shutdown role and is adapting well to the Carlyle system. But at the end of the day, Grabo is and will not ever be MR.

LA does not do this
Toronto obviously does

Fair Value:

Grabo, Gardiner, 1st

for

Mike Richards

But it still makes both teams worse, LA in the short run, TOR in the long run.

Hotlanta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:12 AM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta View Post
As a Leaf fan, I would kill to have Richards over Grabo, I would even give up Gardiner+, however, why would LA do this?

People are giving the Leafs way to hard of a time in this thread. This is not the same Ron Wilson Leafs. Grabo has been excellent in his 2nd/3rd line shutdown role and is adapting well to the Carlyle system. But at the end of the day, Grabo is and will not ever be MR.

LA does not do this
Toronto obviously does

Fair Value:

Grabo, Gardiner, 1st

for

Mike Richards

Thank you for being a voice of sane reasoning for the Leafs fan base!!

Id take replacing Grabo with Kule.

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:16 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlanta View Post

LA does not do this
Toronto obviously does

Fair Value:

Grabo, Gardiner, 1st

for

Mike Richards

Insane. You aren't a leafs fan.

You are/were a thrashers fan. Stop pretending.

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:30 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Insane. You aren't a leafs fan.

You are/were a thrashers fan. Stop pretending.
Grabovski is a second line center. Thats it. Hes no Selke guy. Hes no fighter. Hes a second line center with speed.

You guys over value Gardiner like hes going to be some poor mans Karlsson when he is going to be a puck moving top 4 defenseman. Thats all.

Grab plus Gardiner is not worth Mike Richards. Leaf fans can complain all they want but it wont change the fact.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2013, 12:39 AM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
His intangibles helped us win this...

First off, I'm a fan Richards and would love to have him on my team. I have no idea what to value him at and would probably do the trade, but I really doubt Richards had a bigger influence on LA winning the cup than Quick, Doughty, or Kopitar. Richards isn't the reason you guys won the cup, he wasn't the difference maker IMO.

I'm not saying he isn't good... I just think an LA team minus Richards would still have won (they were on fire last year and nobody was stopping them).

Community is offline   Reply With Quote