HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jay Bouwmeester

Old
02-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Mike Jones

vCash: 500
I like what I see from JBow this season. He seems to be one person who has really responded to the change in coaches and systems. Even though the Flames will keep him for just this reason I wonder if Detroit would be willing to overpay for him. Would he be a fit there?

Mike Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

vCash: 50
Jbo has the defensive awareness and skills learned under Sutter and Hartley's green light to join the rush(which is how his offence comes since he doesn't have a big shot), and we're seeing the best of both worlds and it's awesome

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Hockyluv21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
I wouldn't do either of these deals as a canes fan but I find it laughable that you think you can get Victor Rask in exchange for covering $2 mil of his salary.
First time I've ever heard someone say that a fellow fan undervalues the worth of their own prospects

Hockyluv21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:21 PM
Honeycutt

Dagastini+ 1st round pick, but Calgary has to take on the Max salary for next year. I know Dags has not done much this, but that is due to the Blues wniger depth. he is 2/3 line winger with great speed and a vastly underrated shot (he has a cannon).

Honeycutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:24 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeycutt View Post
Dagastini+ 1st round pick, but Calgary has to take on the Max salary for next year. I know Dags has not done much this, but that is due to the Blues wniger depth. he is 2/3 line winger with great speed and a vastly underrated shot (he has a cannon).
Pass, we don't need wingers, we'd either need a top defensive prospect or a top center prospect.

the Flames depth at wing in both the system and the big team isn't a concern.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:28 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 145
Quote:
A late first and 3rd line winger for our #1 defenseman and we pay half? Boy where do I sign

Huge pass

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:30 PM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

vCash: 566
Has he played a playoff game yet?

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 View Post
First time I've ever heard someone say that a fellow fan undervalues the worth of their own prospects
I don't know what to say to you if you think it's a good idea for us to throw in our 2nd best prospect (who's our best forward prospect) just so the flames would cover $2 million of Bouwmeester's salary. In no way is that a smart move.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:41 PM
Hockyluv21

Quote:
I don't know what to say to you if you think it's a good idea for us to throw in our 2nd best prospect (who's our best forward prospect) just so the flames would cover $2 million of Bouwmeester's salary. In no way is that a smart move.
I guess I'm a very aggressive trade mover, then. If two million was the difference between a fair offer for Semin or a terrible one, I'd be happy to throw in a 2nd Round-type of prospect to do that.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:43 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Quote:
I guess I'm a very aggressive trade mover, then. If two million was the difference between a fair offer for Semin or a terrible one, I'd be happy to throw in a 2nd Round-type of prospect to do that.
Do you think J-Bo is the type of player that you pursue aggressively and overpay for when your system is practically devoid of good prospects as it is?

Old
02-18-2013, 01:47 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
These proposals are terrible. These kind of offers might of gotten you him last season, but he is playing like a $6M man in Hartley's system. He's been awesome and we aren't looking to move him. Offer something awesome or go away.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:48 PM
Hockyluv21

Quote:
Do you think J-Bo is the type of player that you pursue aggressively and overpay for when your system is practically devoid of good prospects as it is?
In a word, hell yes. I'd much rather have a top 2 D that can help now than a center prospect that may help in three years. Especially since that, TBQH, a top defenseman is the only thing holding us back from being cup contenders.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:52 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Quote:
In a word, hell yes. I'd much rather have a top 2 D that can help now than a center prospect that may help in three years. Especially since that, TBQH, a top defenseman is the only thing holding us back from being cup contenders.
I guess we'll just agree to disagree then as I don't see Bouwmeester as being that great, especially not a guy who will help you get a championship. We need someone more physical in their own end, and Bouwmeester is the definition of soft. Really pretty unbelievable for a man of his size.

Anyway, I'm not strictly opposed to moving Rask in the right deal, I just thought it was silly you would throw him in for the sake of having Calgary cover $2 mil of Bouwmeester's contract.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:12 PM
Sean Monahan
#Moneyman

Rask plays in Calgary already might as well leave him here

Sean Monahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:31 PM
Honeycutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
Pass, we don't need wingers, we'd either need a top defensive prospect or a top center prospect.

the Flames depth at wing in both the system and the big team isn't a concern.
Do you think you guys are going to go full rebuild or just retool and shoot for the playoffs?

Old
02-18-2013, 03:36 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Do you think you guys are going to go full rebuild or just retool and shoot for the playoffs?
Given that the ownership won't allow a proper rebuild, it will always be a quick retool. If we move any players it will be for young assets that are NHL ready and can come in a compete in the league.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:53 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
These proposals are terrible. These kind of offers might of gotten you him last season, but he is playing like a $6M man in Hartley's system. He's been awesome and we aren't looking to move him. Offer something awesome or go away.
Why? he was pretty bad the past 4 years and has a very bad contract. Why should the proposals represent anything different. Hes been better this year but only played about 10 games that would warrant the suggestion that hes totally turned the corner. I want Bouw on my team but dont sit there a think your getting a blue chip and a first. Simply not happening

topchowda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:05 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Why? he was pretty bad the past 4 years and has a very bad contract. Why should the proposals represent anything different. Hes been better this year but only played about 10 games that would warrant the suggestion that hes totally turned the corner. I want Bouw on my team but dont sit there a think your getting a blue chip and a first. Simply not happening
He was fine the last 3 years, he wasn't allowed to use his strengths and was paired with lesser partners. He is showing that when allowed to play his game he is still a #1 defensemen and is worth every penny of that "bad" contract. He is worth much more to the Flames in this system then the old one so a trade would have to make up that difference which none of these do.

Last edited by TheHudlinator: 02-18-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old
02-18-2013, 04:10 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
We live in the now, no one cares about what he played like under Butters awful defensive system.

The only thing that is "simply not happening" is him getting traded for anything short of an overpayment, as he has been stellar.

Dont want to pay that? Thats fine, stop whining. If he has been "pretty bad" the last 4 years, why would you be even interested? Oh, right because you know thats a load of crap.

Last edited by InfinityIggy: 02-18-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old
02-18-2013, 04:27 PM
Honeycutt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Given that the ownership won't allow a proper rebuild, it will always be a quick retool. If we move any players it will be for young assets that are NHL ready and can come in a compete in the league.
Then i think the only deal that would work for you guys would be Cole + 2nd rounder+ maybe one of Edmondson/Hakanpaa/Fairchild. However the Flames would have to eat some of his salary next year. What do you think?

Old
02-18-2013, 04:56 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Then i think the only deal that would work for you guys would be Cole + 2nd rounder+ maybe one of Edmondson/Hakanpaa/Fairchild. However the Flames would have to eat some of his salary next year. What do you think?
I would pass, I understand looking at the stats for the last few years he doesn't look impressive but he was vastly misused under Sutter who tried to force him to be Chris Pronger instead of letting him be Jbo. This year under Hartley he looks better than he ever did in Florida and isn't overpaid at all. As topchowda said it is early so most won't see his value raising as much as we think it has but he is on pace to put up almost as many points this year as he has any year in Calgary with out prorating it. In an 82 game season he is on pace for 44 points, we simply won't trade our #1 defenseman for a good prospect and 2nd and a decent throw in prospect.

If we were to trade him to the Blues and we had to eat the cap I think the minimum price we would ask for is
Schwartz + Cole
and I doubt you would be willing to do that or add.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Puckgenius*

His trade value right now is the highest its ever been since him as a Panther. Id move him if I were Feaster.

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:59 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

Quote:
I really like Cole as the center piece, but the other pieces are very minor. At best, Cole becomes an equivalent player to Bouw and thats generous.

We are also, whether it is foolish or not, chasing a playoff spot. This trade doesn't make any sense for the Flames really.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Skobel24
GO IGGY GO!

With the way Bouwmeester is playing, I'd say no.

Skobel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Petes2424

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Jones View Post
I like what I see from JBow this season. He seems to be one person who has really responded to the change in coaches and systems. Even though the Flames will keep him for just this reason I wonder if Detroit would be willing to overpay for him. Would he be a fit there?
He'd be a fit anywhere and he's playing very well right now. If he made $4 million per, everyone would say what a steal of a player he is for that contract. Fact is though, with that contract came crazy expectations and well, here we are. He would be a great fit in Detroit.

Petes2424 is online now   Reply With Quote