Kitchener Boy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsABruin View Post
Ok so watching NHL tonight where they talk about the trade I am confused

Islanders don't have to pay TT but his money counts towards their cap
Bruins now have his money off the books

Who paid him? Is he not being paid?
He is not getting paid he never reported.

Kitchener Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Kitchener Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
only problem i see with ryder is dallas could make the playoffs - especially with lehtonen in net. he might be the most underrated goalie in the nhl.
Agree
Dallas is right there in the playoff hunt doubtful they trade Ryder.

Kitchener Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 06:50 AM
ichabod13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81ragnaH View Post
If he does plan on playing next year, this could be a problem for him, now he'll be stuck on the island like nabby.
you do realize that nabakov signed an extension so he could STAY on long island right?

ichabod13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:00 PM
Pie O My

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
I shouldn't even give you the time with that type of response to me, but what does this have to do with what I was talking about? Someone said his production has stayed about the same. It clearly has not. And we are talking about trade value. We got Recchi and a 2nd for Lashoff & Karsums. And while salary doesn't matter much this year Recchi only made $1.5M so the Bruins could afford to sign him the next year without losing good roster players.

I know what Recchi's production was and it wasn't that far off Iginla's. I provided information that backed up my point. How about you do something useful and look it up yourself? No wait, I'll do it. The last 3 years plus year of the trade to Boston it was always between 23:17 & 24:22, except for his 19 games with Pittsburgh where it was 39:07 the year before coming to Boston. Recchi also had more SHTOI and less PP time than Iginla further equalizing the production.

With Boston Recchi was at 18:25, 32:08 & 27:11 in the cup season. Playoffs it was 31:04, 25:20, 28:51. Iginla's last 3 playoffs - 35:48, 17:40, 31:24.

Iginla is better and plays more minutes so he is more valuable but hasn't been much more productive. In the playoffs he has 2 worse years than Recchi's and 1 better year and hasn't made it out of the 1st round in any of them. He is a 12 game rental depending on time of trade, that isn't close to his prime, only slightly improves the B's chances this year, and could hurt them going forward. He isn't worth a cornerstone player or losing pieces off our roster.

Next time you want information that is different from what I am talking about you can look it up yourself. If you think he is worth more than back up your point if you have one, and you can leave out all the snark and telling me what to do. Thanks.
You know what? I wouldn't have responded to me either. Sorry for the snark, it was uncalled for and since I hate when i see others do it I'm embarrassed by it.

I only read this last night from the top of the last page and I thought you were throwing numbers out there to further some pointless agenda. Now I see that you were responding to someone else's point. It won't happen again.

Pie O My is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Bone for your jar

Exchanges like the above between Pie and sjaustin are one of the main reasons I stick around here. We've got some stand-up, decent people who are willing to engage with critics on the one hand and admit if they messed up on the other. It keeps the board smart, and it keeps us real.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:05 PM
trenton1
Paille Good

I like Pie and SJaustin. [thumbs up]

trenton1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-09-2013, 11:45 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post
You know what? I wouldn't have responded to me either. Sorry for the snark, it was uncalled for and since I hate when i see others do it I'm embarrassed by it.

I only read this last night from the top of the last page and I thought you were throwing numbers out there to further some pointless agenda. Now I see that you were responding to someone else's point. It won't happen again.
Thanks Pie! No big deal. If you want info, just ask and I'll provide it if I can and have time.

sjaustin77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:05 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pie O My View Post

Excellent!

I've always liked pie, in all of its varied forms.

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Dennis Bonvie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
i'd take ryder over both of them. he's still very productive, and has chemistry with pevs/kelly already. jagr is a tremendous talent but an odd bird and pretty injury prone at this point. morrow is a shell of himself. maybe he'd be re-born on a new team, but i think he's got a lot of hard miles on that body from the style he's played.
Agreed.

But if anyone could help our helpless power play it would be Jagr.

Dennis Bonvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2013, 10:16 AM
BrainOfJ
Stone Clode

Ryder? No. There are many good players that havent played for the B's before haha.

Plus, Dallas signed whitney and jagr for a reason

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:45 AM
jasonbaz77*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
Ryder? No. There are many good players that havent played for the B's before haha.

Plus, Dallas signed whitney and jagr for a reason
I would get Ryder in a heartbeat if the money was right- but yeah I don't see him being traded.

jasonbaz77* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:49 AM
CamFan81
Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston BROin View Post
I'll admit that most of my dislike for TT comes from his politics. I'm probably to the left of Ference...

That said, I root for the Bruins. When someone seems to put the Bruins in a compromising situation because of his personal life, I'm not going to rationalize that as a positive because I don't care about his personal life.

Great, you helped the Bruins win the Cup. I rooted for him his whole career as a Bruin, but leaving the team that put faith in you, made you a top tier goaltender, and gave you the contract you wanted doesn't seem right to me.
this reeks of not liking him for his beliefs and nothing about his contract.

but leaving the team that put faith in you
- Lets be honest, Tim Thomas was not expected to be the bruins #1 goalie. And if it hadn't been for injuries to both Raycroft and Toivonen Tim Thomas would not have gotten much playing time.

After Raycroft got traded he was still Toivonen's backup. Toivonen sucked and Thomas put up decent numbers and won his 2nd straight 7th man award.
After that season they signed MFF as the #1 and Thomas back to being a backup again. Only to see MFF get injured and see Thomas steal that position again.

made you a top tier goaltender
Wait what? They made Thomas a top tier goalie? Explain that one to me.

and gave you the contract you wanted
Deserved?
2 vezina's a smythe @ 5million Per?
Take a peek at the top paid goalies when his contract was given out (something like 9 goalies getting paid more than him)

The guy left to be with his family, left millions on the table, and for some reason people think he doesn't have a right to do it.

Let me ask you a question. Would you rather that he retire?

CamFan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
Squirrell71
Offensive

Just read this entire thread. I find it pretty sad how most people feel about Thomas. If not for him, there would be no cup. Pretty simple to me.

I would also believe that he has a legit shot to make the olympic team as long as he plays come October. I hope he does. I enjoy watching him play.

Squirrell71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Sheppy

If Ryder didnt make that glove save there might not have been a cup either.

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:28 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrell71 View Post
Just read this entire thread. I find it pretty sad how most people feel about Thomas. If not for him, there would be no cup. Pretty simple to me.

I would also believe that he has a legit shot to make the olympic team as long as he plays come October. I hope he does. I enjoy watching him play.
Thomas is a legend.

His actions are enough out of the ordinary that there is going to be legit criticism of him. Most of it is unfair and offbase considering what he has done for the Bruins.

But him sitting in his bunker when he is under contract will rub folks the wrong way.

I love the guy and don't care at all about his politics or how he left the team.

But I hope the Isles toll his contract next year. I am not rooting for him to get his way and find himself between the pipes for one of the teams of his choice. There are multiple layers to Tim's situation and I don't think he deserves to pick his next team because he didn't want to play the last season of his contract (which would have got the Bruins more assets trading him.)

(So compare him to Favre...I wanted to see him get a shot in Minny to get revenge on the Packers so was glad when the Jets moved him there. TT my feelings are the opposite and I hope he never plays another NHL game if he doesn't report to the Islanders.)

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:34 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
Imaginationland.

JMiller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:35 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
What bugs me the most is the Boston media continuing to almost shun the guy..

Jack Edwards referred to him as "that other guy" albeit jokingly during a broadcast, Dale Arnold during an intermission report said Khudobin reminded him of Tim Thomas and Barry Pederson was almost shocked that Dale even mentioned his name in a "lets hope not" kind of way..

It's just.. completely disrespectful to me.

SerenityRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
That was in the 1st period. Great play, not taking anything away from Ryder.

Where was Ryder on that 2 on 1 in OT? Has Tuukka even stopped a single 2 on 1 all year?

And the rest of these....Jesus.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:53 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
What bugs me the most is the Boston media continuing to almost shun the guy..

Jack Edwards referred to him as "that other guy" albeit jokingly during a broadcast, Dale Arnold during an intermission report said Khudobin reminded him of Tim Thomas and Barry Pederson was almost shocked that Dale even mentioned his name in a "lets hope not" kind of way..

It's just.. completely disrespectful to me.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, but I took the comment about Khudobin reminding him of Thomas as the very highest compliment he could give him and I am pretty sure Jack was talking about his combative style. I didn't even notice anything else I was just thinking how great it would be if Khudobin was even close to Thomas at his peak.

I thought the reason Jack said "the other guy" was because it was a joke because of how great it would be if he was like Thomas. I found nothing to offend me in that exchange. He just understated things as a joke.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:54 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squirrell71 View Post

Well, I'd think Miller and Quick are before him on the USA radar. All comparable talents but 2 of which are currently playing. Not sure about 3rd string goalie though. Maybe he'd be there for mentorship, experience and all that. Assuming they don't just go with someone else as Miller and Quick are both elite Gs on their own.

Suffice to say, I think Thomas' break won't get him an olympic spot EVEN if he comes back. The top 2 looks set and 3rd string is anybody's guess but they can always go low maintenance 3rd G.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

...and here we go again.

Donnie Shulzhoffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Well, I'd think Miller and Quick are before him on the USA radar. All comparable talents but 2 of which are currently playing. Not sure about 3rd string goalie though. Maybe he'd be there for mentorship, experience and all that. Assuming they don't just go with someone else as Miller and Quick are both elite Gs on their own.

Suffice to say, I think Thomas' break won't get him an olympic spot EVEN if he comes back. The top 2 looks set and 3rd string is anybody's guess but they can always go low maintenance 3rd G.
Someone could smoke Miller again.

It could happen.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:04 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Someone could smoke Miller again.

It could happen.

Yeah, it could. Quick is pretty good though. Oh well. Just commenting on his olympic chances. Very talented, but breaks kill the image.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:29 PM
BBB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
That was in the 1st period. Great play, not taking anything away from Ryder.

Where was Ryder on that 2 on 1 in OT? Has Tuukka even stopped a single 2 on 1 all year?

And the rest of these....Jesus.

Don't forget the highlights from last years playoffs, oh yeah I forgot, he had none. Not putting all the blame on him but if anyone believes he is the only reason for their cup in 2011, they are kidding themselves. Yes he was very good, but as I remember the first two games against the habs Chara was out (first game very sick, played but very little) they lost both games, Chara comes back they go 4-1 over the next five. Lets not mention Bergy and Marchy in the finals, oh well people will believe what they want, the guy was good but he was a head case. Read the article about Timmy in the globe where they quoted players saying they accepted him for what he was and what he believed, funny though, 23 man roster and only quoted three players, what about the rest???????????

BBB24 is online now   Reply With Quote