HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Silfverberg so far?

Old
02-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Looooooooooooooooool, sometimes I wonder if people watch the games properly.

He was double teamed on the boards, Benoit made the horrific pinch and it lead to an awkwardly developed 2on1 which became a 3on2 with no stick for Benoit.

It was Benoit who ****ed up. Blaming that goal on Silfverberg is like blaming Emery on the own goal that Phillips scored during the finals.

Lol, SEL= Bigger ice. More chances for Silfverberg to use his skill.

NHL= Smaller ice. Needs to adapt a bit to alter his skills for this ice.

People acting like Silfverberg has played a full season and become a major disappointment. He was destroying the A before he was recalled after starting off with 6-7 points in 12 games?

People have absolutely no patience it seems.
LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL...

Did I blame him alone for the goal? Benoit's pinch was the big miscue...but losing the puck battle 2 on 1 cause Benoit to pinch. Chris Phillips doing a Bill Ranford impression on the shot didnt help. The play started by Silf not winning the puck inside the blueline. That was compounded by Benoit/Phiilips F ups.

I dont see many people down on him. Everyone pretty much saying he has been solid, getting better, should be good, etc.

Anybody who has written him off already is crazy but just because not everyone is drooling all over him... Not a big deal.

He's been solid.

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:45 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL...

Did I blame him alone for the goal? Benoit's pinch was the big miscue...but losing the puck battle 2 on 1 cause Benoit to pinch. Chris Phillips doing a Bill Ranford impression on the shot didnt help. The play started by Silf not winning the puck inside the blueline. That was compounded by Benoit/Phiilips F ups.

I dont see many people down on him. Everyone pretty much saying he has been solid, getting better, should be good, etc.

Anybody who has written him off already is crazy but just because not everyone is drooling all over him... Not a big deal.

He's been solid.
You're saying that as if it's the norm to win a puck battle along the boards when facing 2 forecheckers and all of them getting to the puck at the same time.

I don't mind if people find faults in his game but I got the impression your post was showing how Silfverberg made a big error that lead to the goal when he really didn't.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
You're saying that as if it's the norm to win a puck battle along the boards when facing 2 forecheckers and all of them getting to the puck at the same time.

I don't mind if people find faults in his game but I got the impression your post was showing how Silfverberg made a big error that lead to the goal when he really didn't.
No, its not the norm but its not like its never happened before either. Like I said, its not a big deal. He is improving in all areas and with abit more continuity with our top 2 C's, he would prob be producing better too.

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Minister of Offence

vCash: 500
Quote:
Looooooooooooooooool, sometimes I wonder if people watch the games properly.

He was double teamed on the boards, Benoit made the horrific pinch and it lead to an awkwardly developed 2on1 which became a 3on2 with no stick for Benoit.

It was Benoit who ****ed up. Blaming that goal on Silfverberg is like blaming Emery on the own goal that Phillips scored during the finals.

Lol, SEL= Bigger ice. More chances for Silfverberg to use his skill.

NHL= Smaller ice. Needs to adapt a bit to alter his skills for this ice.

People acting like Silfverberg has played a full season and become a major disappointment. He was destroying the A before he was recalled after starting off with 6-7 points in 12 games?

People have absolutely no patience it seems.
Just know, man. Don't wonder.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:31 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

His development curve reminds me a bit of Karlsson's. Lots of obvious skill, not putting it all together to start, but progressing quickly.

I honestly think he'll be a star in the NHL. He's just got all the right hints of greatness going for him.

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 08:32 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post
His development curve reminds me a bit of Karlsson's. Lots of obvious skill, not putting it all together to start, but progressing quickly.

I honestly think he'll be a star in the NHL. He's just got all the right hints of getting better every second.
Same brah.

Zib, Karl, Silfv, Lehner.

Start the Swedish movement.

Cue the RKL LOVES SWEDES H8S CANADIANS.

Old
02-11-2013, 08:42 PM
Hale The Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenix Rises 2026 View Post

I honestly think he'll be a star in the NHL. He's just got all the right hints of greatness going for him.
I haven't seen obvious skill, nor hints of greatness from Jakob.

What he looks like to me is a guy with a great shot, and not much else. Hardly a star in the making.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 09:28 PM
Fenix Rises 2026
Alfie forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post

What he looks like to me is a guy with a great shot, and not much else. Hardly a star in the making.
I really like his skill with the puck. Still raw, but he's got the evasiveness that Alfie or Karlsson pull out routinely.

Besides, he's got to be a star. I bought his Brynas jersey

Fenix Rises 2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:00 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:

Sounds fairly pessimistic. His defensive awareness is very obvious, and he's definitely made some nice moves. Recently he's started protecting the puck very well and winning battles along the board as well as getting in front of the net. Once he gets more confident and isn't hold his stick so tightly he'll also start being more accurate with his shot consistently.

Silfverberg has the ability to be a star if he puts it together.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Andre Benoit Bawls
What, Me Worry?

I think he will be a 25 goal scorer

Andre Benoit Bawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2013, 07:40 AM
OgieO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
LOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL...

He's been solid.
lol, love the Ranford reference. I always played road hockey goalie "Ranford" style. It was just too much fun.

OgieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:59 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 1322
His first goal since he has appeared to make the full AHL-NHL adjustment. Even if it was just in a shootout, lets hope it gives him confidence, and he stops thinking too much about scoring.

Also, he should be in every shootout. By the time the goalie knows Silf has shot, the puck is in the back of the net

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:02 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
I don't know why, but even when he's not scoring, I feel like he still tries. He doesn't float out there. That makes me feel good about him in the line-up.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:06 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Getting the shootout winner is something that Silf can build on & the coaching staff will have to work out strategies to get him to use that shot more.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Cujomi
Hart en Ziel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
I don't know why, but even when he's not scoring, I feel like he still tries. He doesn't float out there. That makes me feel good about him in the line-up.
Yep.

He's a keeper. He's a very smart player too...he isn't inefficient on the ice and he has a ton of talent. With his tools and his head for the game he will be a star for this team.

Cujomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Rals

Quote:
Same brah.

Also, Tank and get Elias Lindholm!

Rals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Silfver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=_pCvQDS0I7M

shootout goal

Silfver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Wow, I could seriously watch that goal all-day. Unbelievable release. I thought it couldn't be any better than the goal against Montreal but man oh man.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:33 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

My criticism of Silf is he needs to find himself in positions to actually score. It seems too often that he's too close to the net, behind the net, etc. when he needs to be finding space in the slot where he can unleash his ridiculous shot. He seems to lack a great "first step" that can beat NHL caliber defencemen so he needs to adjust his game accordingly.

I can count on my hand how many times we've actually gotten to see him get off the quality of shot he had in today's game (off the post) and the shootout. He is great in our end, he needs to be much better on the other side.

Not saying it won't come, just wish it would come sooner because this team desperately needs goals.

ChocolateLeclaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:33 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:

Looooooooooooooooooooool you obviously don't watch t3h gam3z!

Seriously though, I agree with you. I've been extremely disappointed with Silfverberg this season. He doesn't seem to be able to create much of anything on his own. He does a lot of little things well but haven't seen much that suggests he'll be a 60 point player like so many people here are expecting.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:36 PM
VikingKarlsson
Chomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silfver View Post
I saw this goal live.. But man does it feel good to watch it again. The guy has got a sick release. An nhl goal scorers shot for sure.

VikingKarlsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
RISPECK CLASS 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Looooooooooooooooooooool you obviously don't watch t3h gam3z!

Seriously though, I agree with you. I've been extremely disappointed with Silfverberg this season. He doesn't seem to be able to create much of anything on his own. He does a lot of little things well but haven't seen much that suggests he'll be a 60 point player like so many people here are expecting.
I'm the opposite, i've been very pleased with Silf's overall game and he's showing flashes of serious skill, that wheel around to get his shot off in the slot today was just awesome and we should expect to see it more.

The thing you guys need to realize is due to injuries he isn't being insulated in the way i'm sure the Sens wish he was. He's been thrust into a staring role with just over 30 games pro experience in NA and it's not an easy transition.

Give him a full season to get used to the style of play here before you start talking about how disappointed you are.

RISPECK CLASS 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:54 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Same brah.

Hopefully Alfie plays next year, and whenever Andy needs a game off we can have the Swedish 5

Old
02-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Derivation

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
Hopefully Alfie plays next year, and whenever Andy needs a game off we can have the Swedish 5
Or just throw a 2nd 's' in Anderson's name, cue Andersson.

Derivation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:13 PM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by theyellowsub View Post
Or just throw a 2nd 's' in Anderson's name, cue Andersson.
Andy and Lehner on the ice at the same time