HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Owen Nolan at Kings Prospect Camp

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-11-2006, 09:43 PM
  #1
10 ft. pole
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 1,239
vCash: 500
Owen Nolan at Kings Prospect Camp

A poster on another web-site saw him there.

www.let'sgokings.com

If he signs for 1 mil or less this would be great for the Kings. Maybe he can help out Dustin Brown round out his game.

10 ft. pole is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 09:50 PM
  #2
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,897
vCash: 500
Can this be verified?

Ziggy Stardust is online now  
Old
07-11-2006, 09:51 PM
  #3
The n00b King *
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Scatbox-less :(
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 ft. pole View Post
A poster on another web-site saw him there.

www.let'sgokings.com

If he signs for 1 mil or less this would be great for the Kings. Maybe he can help out Dustin Brown round out his game.
or maybe his knee will explode.

or maybe his back.

let's face it, Nolan is too old for this game. Maybe he'll be useful as a mentor or to patch up holes...

Are the Kings in a rebuilding mode? Maybe that'd explain their interest...

The n00b King * is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 10:05 PM
  #4
Ghostface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Owen Nolan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

what a joke

The LA KINGS cant be this dumb

Owen Nolan is a washed up bum...extremely washed up.....

thanks for this laugh

Ghostface is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 10:08 PM
  #5
param
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,069
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolin_goon View Post
or maybe his knee will explode.

or maybe his back.

let's face it, Nolan is too old for this game. Maybe he'll be useful as a mentor or to patch up holes...

Are the Kings in a rebuilding mode? Maybe that'd explain their interest...
You got guys like stevie Y going through injuries and still playing till they're 41, Nolan's only 36 how does he become too old? The kings' gm is lombardi (former sharks gm), so maybe he has a good relationship with him; plus Nolan's got a business in the bay area, so if he does decide to return, guess he'll be looking at SJ, LA, ANA.

param is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 10:16 PM
  #6
Patty Ice
Best in the World
 
Patty Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: OxNard
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 10,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by param View Post
You got guys like stevie Y going through injuries and still playing till they're 41, Nolan's only 36 how does he become too old? The kings' gm is lombardi (former sharks gm), so maybe he has a good relationship with him; plus Nolan's got a business in the bay area, so if he does decide to return, guess he'll be looking at SJ, LA, ANA.
Nolan is 34.

__________________
Patty Ice is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 10:24 PM
  #7
ClicheGuevara
Registered User
 
ClicheGuevara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
Owen Nolan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

what a joke

The LA KINGS cant be this dumb

Owen Nolan is a washed up bum...extremely washed up.....

thanks for this laugh
Eight posts and this might actually be the most intelligent one. Way to be a winner.

ClicheGuevara is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 10:40 PM
  #8
Reaper45
Registered User
 
Reaper45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: South Bay
Country: United States
Posts: 30,736
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendacity View Post
Eight posts and this might actually be the most intelligent one. Way to be a winner.
He has Vanilla Ice as his avatar for Christ's sake....

Reaper45 is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 10:41 PM
  #9
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
Owen Nolan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

what a joke

The LA KINGS cant be this dumb

Owen Nolan is a washed up bum...extremely washed up.....

thanks for this laugh

And how the hell would you know that...Leave this discussion to the grown ups junior....seriously, there has to be a board where other 10 yr olds can talk and share you insights.

kingbrath is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 10:45 PM
  #10
Patty Ice
Best in the World
 
Patty Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: OxNard
Country: Northern Ireland
Posts: 10,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Patty Ice Send a message via MSN to Patty Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath View Post
And how the hell would you know that...Leave this discussion to the grown ups junior....seriously, there has to be a board where other 10 yr olds can talk and share you insights.
I wouldn't waste the time responding to guys like that. It's a good way to find yourself in trouble. They usually weed themselves out anyways with their attitude.

Patty Ice is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 10:50 PM
  #11
Ghostface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
2004-05 Did not play - - - - - - - - -
2003-04 Toronto NHL 65 19 29 48 +4 110 154 12.34
2002-03 Toronto NHL 14 7 5 12 +2 16 29 24.14
2002-03 San Jose NHL 61 22 20 42 -5 91 192 11.46


its the 06/07 season guys

i am no kid

i am an educated fan

only an UNEDUCATED fan would believe Nolan has something to offer

hes done...injuries have taken its toll....his name should be Owen Lindros...

Ghostface is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:01 PM
  #12
MrMackey
Registered User
 
MrMackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: cgy
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
Owen Nolan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

what a joke

The LA KINGS cant be this dumb

Owen Nolan is a washed up bum...extremely washed up.....

thanks for this laugh
Might not have anything to do with the Nolan actually going to the Kings. If I remember correctly Sidney Crosby went to the same camp a couple of seasons ago.

MrMackey is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:06 PM
  #13
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
2004-05 Did not play - - - - - - - - -
2003-04 Toronto NHL 65 19 29 48 +4 110 154 12.34
2002-03 Toronto NHL 14 7 5 12 +2 16 29 24.14
2002-03 San Jose NHL 61 22 20 42 -5 91 192 11.46


its the 06/07 season guys

i am no kid

i am an educated fan

only an UNEDUCATED fan would believe Nolan has something to offer

hes done...injuries have taken its toll....his name should be Owen Lindros...


There is absolutely no way to know this until he plays again. If you are an educated fan then you would know that.

kingbrath is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:06 PM
  #14
Brownies
Registered User
 
Brownies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Writing an Haiku or watching an habs game
Posts: 2,919
vCash: 500
Nice prospect. Could develop into a decent top 2 lines powerforward. A friend of mine calls him the next Cam Neely and the whole world loves Cam Neely.

Brownies is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:07 PM
  #15
Captain Ron
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Race City USA
Country: United States
Posts: 17,402
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMackey View Post
Might not have anything to do with the Nolan actually going to the Kings. If I remember correctly Sidney Crosby went to the same camp a couple of seasons ago.
But Crosby wasn't a free agent....so the two situations are totally different.

Captain Ron is online now  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:09 PM
  #16
Ghostface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
I am going to sum this up

Nolan is done...finished...kaput....

he is a very very old 34...can you say Wendel Clark??

The ONLY guys who believe Nolan can have an impact are the EXACT same guys who believed last year that HULL could still play....

and i am 10????

bring it...but just be prepared to back up your statement....I dont drink no ones kool aid......

I suppose Guerin will have a comeback year also???

get real

Ghostface is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:11 PM
  #17
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
I am going to sum this up

Nolan is done...finished...kaput....

he is a very very old 34...can you say Wendel Clark??

The ONLY guys who believe Nolan can have an impact are the EXACT same guys who believed last year that HULL could still play....

and i am 10????

bring it...but just be prepared to back up your statement....I dont drink no ones kool aid......

I suppose Guerin will have a comeback year also???

get real
Some people on HFboards really piss me off.

I'll say it again.....

A PLAYER DOESN'T HAVE TO BE 25 YEARS OLD TO BE YOUNG.

34 YEARS OLD ISN'T REALLY CONSIDERED OLD. IN MY OPINION, AT 34, THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT YOU CAN HAVE 5 YEARS OF GOOD HOCKEY LEFT IN YOU.

I KNOW THIS IS HFBOARDS, BUT C'MON....IM TIRED OF PEOPLE CALLING PLAYERS BETWEEN 30 AND 35 OLD.

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:12 PM
  #18
Ghostface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath View Post
There is absolutely no way to know this until he plays again. If you are an educated fan then you would know that.

you must do well in your Rotisserie pools

Ghostface is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:13 PM
  #19
ILuvLA
Registered User
 
ILuvLA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Lost in LA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,744
vCash: 500
I have an idea - why doesn't everyone back off from this one for awhile? This thread is going downhill, FAST.

ILuvLA is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:15 PM
  #20
Ghostface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15 View Post
Some people on HFboards really piss me off.

I'll say it again.....

A PLAYER DOESN'T HAVE TO BE 25 YEARS OLD TO BE YOUNG.

34 YEARS OLD ISN'T REALLY CONSIDERED OLD. IN MY OPINION, AT 34, THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE THAT YOU CAN HAVE 5 YEARS OF GOOD HOCKEY LEFT IN YOU.

I KNOW THIS IS HFBOARDS, BUT C'MON....IM TIRED OF PEOPLE CALLING PLAYERS BETWEEN 30 AND 35 OLD.

Nolan is 34 with the body of a 40 year old

believe it

Ghostface is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:16 PM
  #21
abracanada
Registered User
 
abracanada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 5,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
I am going to sum this up

Nolan is done...finished...kaput....

he is a very very old 34...can you say Wendel Clark??

The ONLY guys who believe Nolan can have an impact are the EXACT same guys who believed last year that HULL could still play....

and i am 10????

bring it...but just be prepared to back up your statement....I dont drink no ones kool aid......

I suppose Guerin will have a comeback year also???

get real

Yeah right, and there was the guys that thought Carter could play....uh, well, oh yeah, and then there were th guys that thought Sellanne could play, well, oh, oh yeaqh, and then there were the guys that though Lindros could play, and Allison and on and on and on.......face it, most of the guys making comebacks did all right. They played a role. And the nice part, is gthe money is tied to incentives. Go for it LA.

abracanada is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:17 PM
  #22
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
Nolan is 34 with the body of a 40 year old

believe it
Perhaps. But to say Nolan is very very old is just wrong in my opinion.

Sure it's not young by NHL standards, but as I've stated, 33 or 34 means you can have 5 or more years of productivity ahead.

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:25 PM
  #23
Ghostface
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan15 View Post
Perhaps. But to say Nolan is very very old is just wrong in my opinion.

Sure it's not young by NHL standards, but as I've stated, 33 or 34 means you can have 5 or more years of productivity ahead.

read what i wrote...i said he is a very very old 34

translation: 34 yr old with the body of a 40 year old

Owen Nolan has suffered serious injuries....he was a non-factor on the leafs....he hasnt played in 2 FULL seasons.......I would rather sign a healthy Steve Thomas over Owen Nolan

Ghostface is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:38 PM
  #24
kingbrath
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 984
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostface View Post
you must do well in your Rotisserie pools
Not that it has anything to do with this thread , but I do quite well. Thanks.

kingbrath is offline  
Old
07-11-2006, 11:45 PM
  #25
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,108
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBrath View Post
Not that it has anything to do with this thread , but I do quite well. Thanks.
Just so you know, that is not the album cover of A Matter Of Life And Death

Habsfan18 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.