HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O'Reilly summary - nobody has a clue

Old
02-18-2013, 07:21 AM
The Angry Teatowel
@AngryTeatowel

vCash: 500
O'Reilly summary - nobody has a clue

Not sure what is going on at the DP of late. Dater, especially, seems to flip flop between one side of things and another and this is a great example of the 3 regular writers having very different takes on the situation.

Frei: http://www.denverpost.com/frei/ci_22...look-from-ryan

Chambers: http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...-see-it/12605/

Dater: http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...-to-him/12593/

I thought it worth posting as it would seem that the 3 external people, who should have the most insight, all seem to have completely takes on the situation. I've not been impressed with the DP's coverage of this situation - they seem to go one from extreme to the other from article to article.

The Angry Teatowel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:23 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 50
They are no better than fan blogs at this point in time.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:17 AM
mustela

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Teatowel View Post
Not sure what is going on at the DP of late. Dater, especially, seems to flip flop between one side of things and another and this is a great example of the 3 regular writers having very different takes on the situation.

Frei: http://www.denverpost.com/frei/ci_22...look-from-ryan

Chambers: http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...-see-it/12605/

Dater: http://blogs.denverpost.com/avs/2013...-to-him/12593/

I thought it worth posting as it would seem that the 3 external people, who should have the most insight, all seem to have completely takes on the situation. I've not been impressed with the DP's coverage of this situation - they seem to go one from extreme to the other from article to article.

dater is such a drama queen. he constantly tries to stir up trouble in places that it most likely doesn't exist. this article is a perfect example as was the one a couple weeks ago where he pointed out how well some ex-avs are doing around the league without mention of how horrible some others are doing or how every team in the league has ex-players doing well on some other team.

mustela is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:31 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 2800
Agreed about Dater. He contradicts himself week to week on O'Reilly. Sometimes, it's that O'Reilly was offered a fair contract and that he's getting bad advice, then the next week it will be Dater angry at the Avs for not paying him whatever he wants. He's got no consistency on the issue.

If we want manic opinions on things, that's what we've got HFBoards for.

Hennessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:35 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

With the limited information they get from the Avs, its kinda hard for them to really right much outside of what they do.

But yea, Dater does seem to switch who's views a lot.

Pierce Hawthorne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Elever
Hth

Quote:
Originally Posted by landysgod View Post
dater is such a drama queen. he constantly tries to stir up trouble in places that it most likely doesn't exist.
I normally don't care about beet writers and don't read their stuff but Dater will become detrimental to this team if we're ever at the next step. Need to change to a more neutral beet writer who doesn't say crap and gets emotional all the time. I have nothing against his writing style and I wouldn't care if he were any other journalist but he's the man who gets access to all our player as the paid writer and I don't want him to be a part of that.

Avs could've sent a new offer for all we know, these people have no real information. The only thing we can judge is from O'Reilly's dad's tweets which indicate it's not going well. ****ing Lacroix and O'Reilly/O'Reilly's agent.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post
I normally don't care about beet writers and don't read their stuff but Dater will become detrimental to this team if we're ever at the next step. Need to change to a more neutral beet writer who doesn't say crap and gets emotional all the time. I have nothing against his writing style and I wouldn't care if he were any other journalist but he's the man who gets access to all our player as the paid writer and I don't want him to be a part of that.

Avs could've sent a new offer for all we know, these people have no real information. The only thing we can judge is from O'Reilly's dad's tweets which indicate it's not going well. ****ing Lacroix and O'Reilly/O'Reilly's agent.

Yea, that certainly seems like the least emotional and most informed voice in the room.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:27 PM
Bubba Thudd
S'all Good, Man

vCash: 7757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kloparren View Post

This beet writer is good.

http://www.reneesgarden.com/articles/beets.html

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:30 PM
CobraAcesS

Eklund isn't putting out a lot of rumors specifically regarding O'Reilly but seems to think Colorado will get there price. Even if he does have some legit sources, It makes sense that he isn't getting a lot of specific information beyond which or how many teams are interested.

So take this blog for what it's worth...

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...7#.USKA5Gfwr6Y

CobraAcesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:10 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
They are no better than fan blogs at this point in time.
Is that because the team is really keeping things quiet or is it because the media are not doing enough work on the story?

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:18 PM
shadow1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Angry Teatowel View Post
I thought it worth posting as it would seem that the 3 external people, who should have the most insight, all seem to have completely takes on the situation.
You linked three opinion pieces, two of which were blog posts. They get paid to give their own take.

shadow1 is offline   Reply With Quote