HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Blair Jones

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-17-2013, 01:09 PM
  #101
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Hudler - Tanguay - Cervenka is the top line
They don't face the top defense.

Noori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:10 PM
  #102
Adirondack Flames
Registered User
 
Adirondack Flames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 8,103
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames92 View Post
Id love to question why they put him in the shootout...
From what Hartley said after the game, Jones had been one of the best players in the shootout in practice.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:11 PM
  #103
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
They don't face the top defense.
Yes they do and since they have been put together Iginla on plays 15 minutes a night Hudler's line plays 18 with far less pp time.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:15 PM
  #104
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Yes they do and since they have been put together Iginla on plays 15 minutes a night Hudler's line plays 18 with far less pp time.
That's been one game. Iginla's ice time took a dive two games ago because of his fight as well.

It is nice to see a more balanced scoring front though. It honestly makes me feel we'd survive (more or less) trading Iginla for future pieces. Plus, where does Baertschi fit in when he's back? Backlund?

Noori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:16 PM
  #105
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
That's been one game. Iginla's ice time took a dive two games ago because of his fight as well.

It is nice to see a more balanced scoring front though. It honestly makes me feel we'd survive (more or less) trading Iginla for future pieces. Plus, where does Baertschi fit in when he's back? Backlund?
No Iginla played 13 minutes 2 games ago and 16 last game, Hudler's line played 18 both games.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:22 PM
  #106
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
No Iginla played 13 minutes 2 games ago and 16 last game, Hudler's line played 18 both games.
Iginla also fought two games ago.

Noori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:24 PM
  #107
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Iginla also fought two games ago.
Even if he played half of those 5 minutes he would have only played 15:30, if line has clearly become the second line on 5v5. They probably play less 5v5 time then Stajan's line as well.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:26 PM
  #108
Noori
Registered User
 
Noori's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,691
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
Even if he played half of those 5 minutes he would have only played 15:30, if line has clearly become the second line on 5v5. They probably play less 5v5 time then Stajan's line as well.
Right, but Hudler's line also gets extra shifted because Iginla's off the ice.

This could go back and forth all day. We'll look closely tonight to see who the Stars match with Iginla.

Noori is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 01:28 PM
  #109
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,834
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noori View Post
Right, but Hudler's line also gets extra shifted because Iginla's off the ice.

This could go back and forth all day. We'll look closely tonight to see who the Stars match with Iginla.
The stars have 3 3rd defensive lines

Iginla's line might get the harder defensive match up but that would be a mistake by the other team given how the Hudler line has played.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:23 PM
  #110
Flamer12
Registered User
 
Flamer12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Guys a plug. Adds absolutely nothing. No offence, doesn't play very physical. Skates fast but goes nowhere. Likely 100 guys available that could do what he does. Good ridence. Tampa threw him away for nothing. Why would the Flames think he is any good. Comeau is next. I am sorry. I just hate when they give a roster spot to a guy who is just filling out a jersey and they don't promote anyone from Abbotsford. Nice faith they have in their system when they take other teams throw aways. Horak shoudl have dressed before this guy.

Flamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:55 PM
  #111
MarkGio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,811
vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamer12 View Post
Guys a plug. Adds absolutely nothing. No offence, doesn't play very physical. Skates fast but goes nowhere. Likely 100 guys available that could do what he does. Good ridence. Tampa threw him away for nothing. Why would the Flames think he is any good. Comeau is next. I am sorry. I just hate when they give a roster spot to a guy who is just filling out a jersey and they don't promote anyone from Abbotsford. Nice faith they have in their system when they take other teams throw aways. Horak shoudl have dressed before this guy.
Sometimes it's not as simple as that. Take Morrisson for example. We picked him up after Vancouver let him go from camp and he became a 40pt guy for us. Nobody in our system had that capability at the time.

First you need a working system in order to trust it. We still have lots of work to do before we know our system is working

MarkGio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:10 PM
  #112
Flamer12
Registered User
 
Flamer12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkGio View Post
Sometimes it's not as simple as that. Take Morrisson for example. We picked him up after Vancouver let him go from camp and he became a 40pt guy for us. Nobody in our system had that capability at the time.

First you need a working system in order to trust it. We still have lots of work to do before we know our system is working
I hear ya but bad example. Proven pro in Morrison vs Blair Jones.

Flamer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:24 PM
  #113
Johnny Hoxville
Moderator
Formerly MVW
 
Johnny Hoxville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,496
vCash: 50
@ Noori, what about a line of Sven Backlund and Iggy?

Then shift Cammy down with Stajan and Glencross.

I think I like it!

Johnny Hoxville is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.