Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Proposals and Rumors Thread

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2013, 03:13 AM
Adirondack Flames

vCash: 50
I hate that when an RFA doesn't sign they are considered to be holding out because they are not holding out.

A holdout is a player with a contract that refuses to play. You can't hold out if you don't have a contract! O'Reilly is a free agent without a contract, the only difference between him and someone like Arnott or Kostopolous is that the Avalanche can match any offers for him.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Thumper17

vCash: 500
Let's not blow it up, lets try more of a.. controlled explosion.

Well, barring a miracle, we wont make the playoffs. I think it's time we do something drastic, but, since we do have some great talent and some good youngsters.... Let's not sell the farm quite yet. Give the team another year or two, tops. But Trade Iggy and Kipper and maybe Bouwmeester, then run with this.

Tanguay - Backlund - Cammy
Hudler - Horak/Cervenka - Cervenka/Horak
Baertschi - Stajan - Glencross
Byron/???? - Jones - Street/???? (At least for the first couple of weeks)

And depending who we Draft, (Hopefully in the top five) and who we get back for Kipper and Iggy and possibly J-Bow we plug them in.

Now regarding the D, clear out the clutter.

With Bouw

Bouwmeester - Wideman
Giordano - Brodie
Prospect - Prospect

Without Bouw,

Wideman - Giordano
Brodie - Trade Aquisition
Prospect - Prospect

Ramo
Big Mac

And you run with this. The leadership being traded away should kick something into gear and we get rid of the 2004 stigma.

Well?

Old
02-17-2013, 07:37 PM
KiwiFlamesFan

Seems more like blowing it up to me.

I think we're starting to see Feaster/Hartley trying to shape this team. I'm interested to see what this seasons trade deadline and next offseason brings based on where we finish. No doubt Iggy and Kipper will be the biggest trading assets if they decide to rebuild/ semi-rebuild.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Calculon
unholy acting talent

Doubt the Flames will move Iginla. Doesn't seem like something management is capable of. He'll most likely walk in the off-season.

It'll be interesting to see if Kiprusoff sticks around for the final year of contract.

Old
02-17-2013, 07:49 PM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 354
I am not against moving Iggy, depends on the return if Pitts offers
1st + Maatta + Niskanen I would probably do it.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:49 AM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

This is the first year that ownership may not have a say in whether or not Iginla is moved. The ball is completely in his court.

I was thinking today that one team that no one is talking about on here that would absolutely be a possibility is the Wings. They have cap space and the assets to land Iginla. Datsyuk has said in past allstar games that Iginla has always been a player that he looked forward to play with. I do not think the Wings are considered a strong contender, but I could see Iginla waiving to go there. Babcock has a great reputation as a coach and Detroit is a well respected organization and they are notorious for bringing in older players for a shot at the Cup.

Personally, from a selfish standpoint I would rather see Iggy get traded there as the Wings have better forward prospects than a team like the Pens. The only other team that could send us back some decent forward prospects would be the B`s. If talks start heating up, look for the Wings to be among the favorites to land Iginla. Perhaps we could land Nyquist or Tatar along with some picks.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:40 AM
Flames92

The uncertainty with this team could be a really big factor. If the flames are 9th in the west, do we trade him at the deadline? Or what happens if we keep him and lose him for nothing? I would rather trade him get some assets and take this year for a quick rebuild than make the playoffs and get sweeped by the Blackhawks. If there's any year for a quick rebuild I would say its this year. Short season, deep draft.. With our two best players that still have a lot of trade value. Any player drafted in the top 5 is a home run IMO, I can see Seth Jones as a future captain of this team

Old
02-18-2013, 11:41 AM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHudlinator View Post
I am not against moving Iggy, depends on the return if Pitts offers
1st + Maatta + Niskanen I would probably do it.
I don't like that return at all. If the Flames wanted Maata don't you think they would have drafted him last year, now were giving Iggy up for him? Niskanen is nothing this team needs and a late 1st. This trade would not be great for Calgary

Old
02-18-2013, 11:51 AM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
I still don't think we have the prospects to blow it up completely. But we finally have the forward depth to part with Iginla, even though he gives us a lot of intangibles we don't see in any other forward. But at least it's good to see Cammy and Tangs perform well without Iginla on their lines.

And I don't know what to say about Kipper during this fiasco.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:25 PM
echlfreak

Detroit Calgary trade

Bouwmeester for Franzen

San Jose Calgary trade

Iginla Backlund 2nd round pick and Babchuk for Pavelski and Demers

Phoenix Calgary trade

Stajan And Comeau for Korpikovski

Re-sign Iggy in off season...$5.5M
Sign Griess as back up...$750k
Sign 2 solid defensive defenseman. Murray O'Bryne Fistric Hannan Scuderi

Johan*Franzen ($3.955m) / Mike*Cammalleri ($6.000m) / Jarome*Iginla ($5.500m)
Jiri*Hudler ($4.000m) / Joe*Pavelski ($4.000m) / Alex*Tanguay ($3.500m)
Curtis*Glencross ($2.550m) / Roman*Cervenka ($3.500m) / Lee*Stempniak ($2.500m)
Lauri*Korpikoski ($1.850m) / Roman*Horak ($0.800m) / Tim*Jackman ($0.613m)
DEFENSEMEN
Mark*Giordano ($4.020m) / Dennis*Wideman ($5.250m)
Derek*Smith ($0.775m) / Jason*Demers ($1.400m)
Cory*Sarich ($2.000m)
GOALTENDERS
Miikka*Kiprusoff ($5.833m)

Old
02-18-2013, 03:19 PM
Johnny Hoxville
Formerly MVW

How does trading Jbo for Franzen benefit us in the slightest? That's a terrible idea, even with moving out Iggy.

Losing Bouwmeester would give us one of the worst defences in the NHL, and if you look at our goaltending lately that's not exactly a great idea.

I also dislike the SJ deal for so many reasons.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:20 PM
phillyflyer2112*

Iginla for Simmonds

Hey all,

I've been thinking this over and think this would be a really good trade for both teams and would help fill some needs on both sides:

We trade you Simmonds for Iginla.

I think, first and foremost, it would be more respectful to both players and I think they would appreciate it more than most other deals because of the fact that they are both african americans.

Secondly, I think the value is there for both sides to get this done and this helps give the flames a younger version of iginla (albeit less offense), and the flyers get more veteran scoring and leadership.

What do you guys think?

Old
02-18-2013, 03:22 PM
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man

I like the thinking in this proposal, but I'd have to say no. If we were to trade Iginla, we'd want picks/prospects.

Also, the trade/proposal thread is at the top.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyer2112 View Post
i think, first and foremost, it would be more respectful to both players and i think they would appreciate it more than most other deals because of the fact that they are both african americans.
pfffffffffffwahahaahhhaahhahahahahah

You owe me a new keyboard... Like what the hell?

Old
02-18-2013, 03:25 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
How does trading Jbo for Franzen benefit us in the slightest? That's a terrible idea, even with moving out Iggy.

Losing Bouwmeester would give us one of the worst defences in the NHL, and if you look at our goaltending lately that's not exactly a great idea.

I also dislike the SJ deal for so many reasons.
I hate them all, words cannot describe how bad Frazen for Jbo is.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:29 PM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 133
Quote:
Hey all,

I've been thinking this over and think this would be a really good trade for both teams and would help fill some needs on both sides:

I think, first and foremost, it would be more respectful to both players and I think they would appreciate it more than most other deals because of the fact that they are both african americans.

Secondly, I think the value is there for both sides to get this done and this helps give the flames a younger version of iginla (albeit less offense), and the flyers get more veteran scoring and leadership.

What do you guys think?
If anything, I think thats insulting.

Also, thats awful value for Iginla. Flyers need to add their 1st at minimum probably add a prospect too.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Nordberg

Yeah those three are pretty brutal, what is the thought process here? Franzen would be a terrible fit, he runs hot and cold like no other player in the league. Completely invisible most games. He is Rene Bourque except better at the top of his game and not dirty. What are we going to do with Korpikoski...? Greiss I wouldn't touch, ever. The SJ trade is just weird and you can't assume Iggy would simply immediately resign here.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:33 PM
FlamingTelepath

vCash: 1383
Uh, interesting rationale you got there to say the least. But I'll be honest, Wayne Simmonds is exactly the type of player the Flames need at the moment. If he was a centerman I'd probably be OK with trading Iggy for him, plus maybe a pick coming our way.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:35 PM
TheHudlinator

Iginla is on his way to the airport can't pass up a chance to get another black player, I mean that is really all that matters

Old
02-18-2013, 03:37 PM
FLAMES666
Retrofit not Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
I like the thinking in this proposal, but I'd have to say no. If we were to trade Iginla, we'd want picks/prospects.
Simmonds is pretty proven and only 24, not sure why you would say no because you would rather have a pick or prospect. Not saying this is good value but Simmonds in not a player you turn away, its a good starting point

Old
Flames92

Quote:
Hey all,

What do you guys think?
Why because they're both black? You're reasoning makes absolutely no sense...

Old
phillyflyer2112*

I'm sorry if I offended anyone here..I did not mean what I said in an insulting manner. There was no ill intention there. But I stand by what I said.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Nordberg

Quote:
I'm sorry if I offended anyone here..I did not mean what I said in an insulting manner. There was no ill intention there. But I stand by what I said.
I thought it was pretty comical. Anyway, I do like Simmonds a lot but I think you'd have to add a bit.

It's very hard to know what teams are going to offer up if we are out of it at the deadline. You might be closer than we all think.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:44 PM
phillyflyer2112*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
I thought it was pretty comical. Anyway, I do like Simmonds a lot but I think you'd have to add a bit.

It's very hard to know what teams are going to offer up if we are out of it at the deadline. You might be closer than we all think.
Simmonds +Laughton for Iginla + 2nd/3rd rounder

Old
02-18-2013, 03:51 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Simmonds +Laughton for Iginla + 2nd/3rd rounder
Simmonds + Wellwood/Gustafsson straight up for Iginla

Closed Thread