HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Crosby for Seguin, Hamilton, Krejci

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 03:26 PM
Chacal667

vCash: 500
you can add whatever you want there's nothing that can equal the value of crosby.

He is untradable.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:27 PM
Dampland
Overly Moderated

vCash: 50
Bad trade for BOSTON

too much to give up for a guy who is one strong breeze away from another concussion.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:31 PM
MFSorcerer*

Noooooo thanks from a Pens fan.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:42 PM
Dying Alive
Not a man, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I stand by this, how do Pens fans feel about:

To Pitt:
Ovechkin

To Wash:
Neal
Letang
Kunitz

Not so eager to add the "Super Star" now eh'?

No chance anybody gives up 3 impressive pieces like (Seguin Hamilton Krejci) for Crosby, despite how talented he is, he can only take up one position on the ice.
Your comparison is faulty because it assumes that Crosby and Ovechkin are equal in value when they are not. Pens fans are more than happy to keep Sid, no need to make apples to oranges comparisons with other players.

I also think your last statement is incorrect and plenty of GMs would make a deal like that but we can certainly agree to disagree.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:55 PM
Brewsky
King Of The Ice Mugs

Send a message via ICQ to Brewsky Send a message via AIM to Brewsky Send a message via MSN to Brewsky Send a message via Yahoo to Brewsky Send a message via Skype™ to Brewsky
I wouldn't trade Crosby for the entire Boston Bruins.

Crosby is generational talent.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:56 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
I stand by this, how do Pens fans feel about:

To Pitt:
Ovechkin

To Wash:
Neal
Letang
Kunitz

Not so eager to add the "Super Star" now eh'?

No chance anybody gives up 3 impressive pieces like (Seguin Hamilton Krejci) for Crosby, despite how talented he is, he can only take up one position on the ice.
It was an absurd comparison when you first made it, and it's just as stupid now.

Ovechkin makes 9.5 mil per and is less productive since the start of '11-'12 than every single player coming back in the deal, including the bloody defenseman. Better head back to the drawing board.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Geez, if Boston fans feel this way about the best player in the world post-concussion, I guess Bergeron's value was virtually nothing when he first came back, haha.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:09 PM
Beer Me

Yeah...Lets trade one of the best players hockey has ever seen, for 2 POTENTIALLY elite players and a borderline 1st line centre. Sounds like a good idea. What can go wrong?...

Old
02-18-2013, 04:18 PM
End of Line
Human After All

No thanks. Boston cannot match his worth.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
02-18-2013, 04:47 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewsky View Post
I wouldn't trade Crosby for the entire Boston Bruins.

Crosby is generational talent.
lol. Bruins are 9-2-2. Best winning percentage in the east.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Oates2Neely

Teams have won the Stanley Cup every year without Crosby with the exception if 2009.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:31 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer Me View Post
Yeah...Lets trade one of the best players hockey has ever seen, for 2 POTENTIALLY elite players and a borderline 1st line centre. Sounds like a good idea. What can go wrong?...
Hmmm maybe you take that new talent and win another Cup? See ;Edmonton Oiler trade Gretzky and win the Cup again their first season without him'

Old
02-18-2013, 05:32 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Teams have won the Stanley Cup every year without Crosby with the exception if 2009.
Okay?

You seem to be eager to turn this into a bash Crosby thread. You don't like him, don't worry about it. The Penguins - nor the fans on this board - are interested in trading Crosby to anything the Bruins have to offer. You'll never be saddled with him on your team.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCapp View Post
Okay?

You seem to be eager to turn this into a bash Crosby thread. You don't like him, don't worry about it. The Penguins - nor the fans on this board - are interested in trading Crosby to anything the Bruins have to offer. You'll never be saddled with him on your team.
Huh? Who's "bashing"?

This OP was started by a Pens fan correct?

This is your typical "let me put my star player in a trade proposal and shoot down and growl at any offer posted". If you feel the need to schmooze n fawn over Crosby, do it on the Pens Board, spare the rest of us the bs.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:41 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Huh? Who's "bashing"?

This is your typical "let me put my star player in a trade proposal and shoot down and growl at any offer posted". If you feel the need to schmooze n fawn over Crosby, do it on the Pens Board, spare the rest of us the bs.
OP is from Connecticut and the only team board I seem him posting on from a quick look at his history is the NYR board.

He's not a Pens fan, but your quick wit and logic need not be influenced by facts.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:44 PM
rimshot

Quote:
Hmmm maybe you take that new talent and win another Cup? See ;Edmonton Oiler trade Gretzky and win the Cup again their first season without him'
And never again thereafter. You would think that when all those first rounders the Oilers got for the best player of all time started to make the lineup there would be no stopping them.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:45 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
You Suck McBain!

Quote:
Huh? Who's "bashing"?

No, as a matter of fact, it wasn't.

On another note, do you ever respond when people call out your ridiculous go-to Ovie counter-proposal, or do you always just pretend to ignore it and move on to criticizing something else?

Old
02-18-2013, 05:47 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
OP is from Connecticut and the only team board I seem him posting on from a quick look at his history is the NYR board.

He's not a Pens fan, but your quick wit and logic need not be influenced by facts.
Who gives a rats arse where he's from. If it is in fathomable to believe that Crosby would ever be traded,, why sit here and debate or knock opposing teams players.

If Gretzky was traded, ANYBODY can be traded, even golden boy 87. It can happen, and it wouldn't be for 5 all-stars.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
No, as a matter of fact, it wasn't.

On another note, do you ever respond when people call out your ridiculous go-to Ovie counter-proposal, or do you always just pretend to ignore it and move on to criticizing something else?
Ovechkin and Crosby have been par for the course, up until last season (which a Pens fan quickly pointed out). What's the difference in absurd proposals? The difference is the shoe is in the other foot now. Ovechkin is a superior player to Neal Letang and Kunitz,, so why the sour attitude?

Old
02-18-2013, 05:52 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Who gives a rats arse where he's from. If it is in fathomable to believe that Crosby would ever be traded,, why sit here and debate or knock opposing teams players.

If Gretzky was traded, ANYBODY can be traded, even golden boy 87. It can happen, and it wouldn't be for 5 all-stars.
This.

Crosbys percieved value isnt what it would be in reality. Not that the Bruins didnt win a Cup without Crosby, either.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:52 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:

you said he was a Pens fan. NOTHING about his post indicates that. Nothing about his location indicates that. Nothing about his post history indicates that. In fact 2 of those 3 things would suggest that your assertion is not true.

You're turning this thread into a bash Crosby thread. Your justification was that it was nothing but a Crosby **********. You made no effort to find out if that theory was accurate. You just wanted to bash Crosby and Pens fans.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
IcedCapp
IcedCapp The White

Quote:
Ovechkin and Crosby have been par for the course, up until last season (which a Pens fan quickly pointed out). What's the difference in absurd proposals? The difference is the shoe is in the other foot now. Ovechkin is a superior player to Neal Letang and Kunitz,, so why the sour attitude?
you keep using poor logic to support a ridiculous argument. You're better off just leaving this post if it makes you so angry. You're not acquitting yourself well at all.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:55 PM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

vCash: 1441
Crosby is never going to be traded.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:55 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
you said he was a Pens fan. NOTHING about his post indicates that. Nothing about his location indicates that. Nothing about his post history indicates that. In fact 2 of those 3 things would suggest that your assertion is not true.

You're turning this thread into a bash Crosby thread. Your justification was that it was nothing but a Crosby **********. You made no effort to find out if that theory was accurate. You just wanted to bash Crosby and Pens fans.
Take a deep breath man (or woman). Show me ONE post where I bashed Crosby?

And yes, this is certainly a Crosby circle jerk.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
you keep using poor logic to support a ridiculous argument. You're better off just leaving this post if it makes you so angry. You're not acquitting yourself well at all.
339 goals in 553 games, 679 points. Ya Ovechkin has nothing on Neal Letang and Kunitz?

Fact is, Ovechkin is far superior to Letang Neal and Kunitz. Just as Crosby is to Krejci Seguin and Hamilton. But is it that far fetched to think Bruins wouldn't make that swap? Similar I'm sure to Prns not wanting Ovechkin at that price even though he is far better than those 3 Pens players.

If you don't understand that, then you're just arguing for arguments sake.

Closed Thread