HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-17-2013, 04:55 PM
HCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
I proposed on main board diaz and eller for ROR. would you do it? diaz is becoming quite important
Only if I had zero confidence in Galchenyuk becoming an effective center... which translates into no.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:54 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
You want to replace Bourque?
i'm talking pipeline future...all 3 are 30+

Old
02-17-2013, 06:16 PM
HCH

Quote:
i'm talking pipeline future...all 3 are 30+
Fair enough. I would like to keep him but would also like to have someone in the system who might be ready in two or three years. At the moment I don't see anyone who fits that description.

Old
02-17-2013, 06:53 PM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Fair enough. I would like to keep him but would also like to have someone in the system who might be ready in two or three years. At the moment I don't see anyone who fits that description.
that's what i just said

Old
02-18-2013, 10:21 AM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
I proposed on main board diaz and eller for ROR. would you do it? diaz is becoming quite important
in a ****ing heartbeat

Old
02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
phillyflyer2112*

Really good trade proposal from a flyers fan

Hi all,

I was thinking and have come up with a trade that I think would work for both teams:

Simmonds+ for Subban

Rationale: I think..first and foremost..that a trade centered around these two would be respectful and would make them both appreciative for being dealt for one another given that they are both african americans. I'd think they'd like being included in a deal for one another more than other trades.

Also, Simmonds adds some size and grit and scoring ability to your top 6/9. Obviously you guys can get along without subban but we can figure out something more if you need to fill a d spot with a trade of subban. But what say you all about the core of this deal. I think it would be perfect.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:21 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Throw in Couturier and we have a deal.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:21 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Simmonds, Couturier and your 1st for Subban +

Old
02-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Simmonds would be a good started, but I think Subban is here until his next contract is up. Then trade rumours will swirl

Old
02-18-2013, 04:23 PM
Chris Cutter
BELIEVE IN DOUGLAS

Depends what the + is, personally I'm not that sold on Simmonds. He's a top 6 forward no doubt but at the expense of Subban a huge meh. If we were to trade Subban, how about Subban and a prospect or pick for Coburn and Simmonds? Montreal gets that big crease clearing defenseman we want, gives time for Tinordi to retune his game more in the AHL and MTL adds a good physical presence up front?

Old
02-18-2013, 04:23 PM
WhiskeySeven
Enlarged Member

Really good counter-proposal from a Habs fan

Giroux for Subban + DD

Old
02-18-2013, 04:25 PM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
I'd love simmonds but not for subban.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:27 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
Unless the + is Couturier, it's a bad offer. Even with Couturier I wouldn't do it, but that's me

Old
02-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Prairie Habs

Despite us looking acceptable in 6 games without Subban he is in no way expendable. I'm pretty sure Markov and Diaz had 8 points each in those 6 games and our PP was running at about 40%. Those aren't things we can count on continuing if Subban were to leave. Not to mention the Markov - Emelin pairing has come down to earth a bit defensively (they may have had an advantage in that both were in game shape already from playing in the KHL) and we need Subban's D to help us stay afloat.

If you wanted to do something around Beaulieu + for Simmonds I would be all over it but Subban is way too important.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Mrb1p

We have ****** D depth. No.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

They are both Canadians, just being accurate.

I'd want Couturier + or both Schenns for Subban. We can do better then Simonds elsewhere if we were looking to trade him.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:31 PM
Captain Smurf
Naively Optimistic

No, not a really good trade proposal and not going to happen, unless the plus is quite significant. PK has been solid for us this year and is affordable for next year. He is also dedicated to the team which is huge for us. Plus, we have a ton of size and grit on the wings with Cole, Patches, Bourque (plus Moen and Prust on the lower lines).

With the way Galchenyuk has looked at times I'd doubt we'd even want to move him for Couturier. No deal to be had here. IF we have trouble signing him, then it MAY be worth revisiting. Until then, not a chance.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Mats86

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyflyer2112 View Post
Hi all,

I was thinking and have come up with a trade that I think would work for both teams:

Simmonds+ for Subban

Rationale: I think..first and foremost..that a trade centered around these two would be respectful and would make them both appreciative for being dealt for one another given that they are both african americans. I'd think they'd like being included in a deal for one another more than other trades.

Also, Simmonds adds some size and grit and scoring ability to your top 6/9. Obviously you guys can get along without subban but we can figure out something more if you need to fill a d spot with a trade of subban. But what say you all about the core of this deal. I think it would be perfect.
That's not even close...no way can we give up Subban

Old
02-18-2013, 04:44 PM
Treb

Quote:
Why does (should) it even matter?

Old
02-18-2013, 04:56 PM
bigtimehockeyfan999

Quote:
Hi all,

Simmonds+ for Subban

The simple answer is subban>simmonds....and there's nothing => to simmonds on your team that could be added to make that trade fair.

What subban brings to the team is unquantifiable. If there was a fair trade to be made for simmmonds Id take him in a heart beat..even though i believe he's probabley closer to a 20 goal scorer than a 30 goal scorer for most of his career. but subban just aint it...i mean...subban may score 20 goals in a couple years. lol

Old
02-18-2013, 04:58 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Hi all,

Simmonds+ for Subban

You think that trading them for each other based on the color of their skin would be respectful and make them appreciative? You have a long, long way to go before you understand racial sensitivity, my friend.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
02-18-2013, 05:20 PM
shutehinside

So our best defensman prospects in decades and furure franchise corner stone for a top 6 winger? And because he's black? Wtf.

Pass.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Really good counter-proposal from a Habs fan

Giroux for Subban + DD
Giroux has been awful this year IMO, at least from what I've watched.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:42 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Giroux has been awful this year IMO, at least from what I've watched.
What are you trying to say here??

Old
02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
habsrule22

would you trade DD and Weber for ROR we would have Galchenyuk ROR Pleks and Eller as centermen going forward

Closed Thread