HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

#3C to Vancouver

Old
02-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Yossarian54

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cu Culann View Post
I'm pretty happy with the "speed kills" line. Mayray, Shroeder and Hansen have good chemistry, they all have great D-skills and hustle. I don't really care that they don't have a big slow mammoth on that line, they play D. Lapierre is a good 4C, Weise a good 4th line winger. When Booth comes back, he or Higgins will be playing 4th line minutes!

If you don't think Schroeder is effective, you haven't been watching close enough. Only move I'd make is packaging roster players and picks to bring in an upgrade for Kesler's line.
Good point, Higgins makes that line a much better defensive line, and was initially a centre himself. I'd be happy with Higgins-Lappy-Weise as a checking line.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:27 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

I'd consider Antropov for Bill Sweatt and a 2nd.

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:47 PM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Sweatt and a 3rd or just a 2nd

Seatoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 01:10 AM
Sergei Shirokov

Quote:
How about Antropov for Sweatt, a 3rd and another condiditonal pick next year.

(4th if we make the SCF, 6th if we don't)

Sergei Shirokov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:17 AM
biturbo19

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
I know Schroeder has looked good, but a prime-aged Vermette would be a very nice addition for us.
Agreed. He'd be about perfect. And i've said it before...i'll say it again, i'd swap him straight up for Vermette right off the bat. If Schroeder lives up to his offensive potential eventually and hits 65pts eventually...so be it, but Vermette already hit that once. Not that i'd expect anything anywhere close from him...realistically he's a ~50pt center and probably a ~40pt guy in the role the Canucks would use him in. There's also the age difference and contract difference...but honestly, i think it'd be worth it. It's not like Vermette is ancient and washed up or anything. Fits in well with the age of the core and would contribute more than Schroeder at all ends of the ice right now. LH faceoff guy, PK, etc.

But i just don't see why Phoenix would be willing to part with him at this point. So...time for other more plausible options i guess. That ship sailed last year when we acquired Pahlsson instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Shirokov View Post
He would be playing on the 4th line, and taking big draws. It's not like we are talking about bringing someone in who would play alot.
Just think about how painfully slow the new 'bulked up Lappy' has looked to start the season. Now multiply that by a million. Then you've got Handzus. Even on the 4th line, slow players are a poor fit in Vancouver. It just doesn't fit with AV's system and the way things work there.

Quote:
I'd prefer that 2nd be a 3rd, but honestly...who are we kidding. If a guy like Gaustad is worth a 1st at the deadline...Antropov can probably demand a 2nd rounder...and i don't much care about giving up Sweatty Bill. Probably best for him as well, as i just don't see where he ever fits in the NHL for Vancouver.

Antropov checks all the boxes. Big, LH faceoff guy, defensively responsible, can put up some points and generate offense, seems like a pretty low-maintenance guy, and can obviously play the Wing if needed. I'd make the deal.

biturbo19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:44 AM
StringerBell

Antropov is too slow for our system. Don't think it would work out TBH.

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:03 AM
EuroFlair
Nash 40g in 2014-15

vCash: 50
If Boyle keep playing like he has since coming back from being scratched a couple of games, I just don't want him traded this season unless something very exciting comes back.

EuroFlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:05 AM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Agreed. Player must have good footspeed.

Bleach Clean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Seatoo
Never Stop Poasting

Antropov isn't that slow tbh. Put him with Lappy and Weise/Volpatti and it will be fine. Put nearly anyone with Raymond and Hansen and they will look slow unless GMMG is going to recruit short track speed skaters. Plus he played overseas so he is literally in mid season form (for an 82 game schedule) as he's played 26 in the KHL plus this season so far.

Seatoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:20 PM
Johnsie19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey McCanucks View Post
If Gillis didn't add a C with Kesler out, he will definitely not add one now. Sedin/Kesler/Schroeder/Lapierre/Ebbett already requires one guy in the press box, Booth is coming back from injury, where would this center play? Who would be removed? It ain't gonna happen.
That was a lot different for the simple fact the Kesler injury and it being early in the season afforded us the opportunity to try Schroeder out and develop him. We knew Kesler would be coming back and if we were losing games it there would still be a big chunk of the season to make amends. Now that Malhotra is out and not coming back getting another stong, physical shut down center might be in order. But of course we don't need to be giving up too much for that player and that trade would probably be more of a late season rental type situation. Nothing pressing as of yet but Schroeder consistency will be something to monitor.

Johnsie19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:29 PM
KeslerKrony
Nucks STH

Do we even need this thread now?

I argue Vancouver doesn't need a #3C, we already have 3 scoring lines with Sedin/Kesler/Schroeder down the middle, and arguably the third line of Raymond/Schroeder/Hansen has been the most dangerous in our past two games (although both losses).

What we do need is a defensive centre to replace/bump Lapierre to wing, that can win faceoffs, etc. Essentially we need another Malhotra.

KeslerKrony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:49 PM
jokerboysmith

How about Chris Kelly?

jokerboysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:57 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Hes too slow for our system as well, why do you think we want to trade him?

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:37 PM
CM-

The guy who I'd be trying to get to play this role is Matthias gives us size and is decent in the face-off circle. Would probably cost more than the other guys listed here (barring Boyle and Stoll) but is still young and would have a future with the team.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:46 PM
DJOpus

The Canucks just need to get Kesler back up to speed.

Apparently the team isn't interested in letting him work his way into the lineup slowly because they don't really value wins and just want to play him into shape as quickly as possible.

Kesler's been on for 4 goals against 5 on 5 which is more than any of the other centres on the team despite only playing two games and its not a coincidence that the team has lost those two games. He will work through that, and the team will be fine. It seems that they've chosen to suffer through his adjustment period rather than working him in slowly.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:48 PM
StrongIslanders90

Frans Nielsen+Kyle Okposo+ Mid Prospect for Edler

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:53 PM
CM-

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
The Canucks just need to get Kesler back up to speed.

Apparently the team isn't interested in letting him work his way into the lineup slowly because they don't really value wins and just want to play him into shape as quickly as possible.

Kesler's been on for 4 goals against 5 on 5 which is more than any of the other centres on the team despite only playing two games and not by coincidence has lost those two games (for reference, Hodgson is the league leader having been on for 19 goals against). He will work through that, and the team will be fine. It seems that they've chosen to suffer through his adjustment period rather than working him in slowly.
While this is true it isn't a need but it is a want say one of Center's get hurt in the play-offs who do we have to play C. Ebbett I hope not Ebbett is an okay player who gets lit up defensively. We could use the insurance of an extra forward who can play on the 4th line and win draws in the defensive zone.

CM- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:05 PM
BuzzBuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Frans Nielsen+Kyle Okposo+ Mid Prospect for Edler
Edler just signed a long-term deal so there is basically no chance he gets traded. Would love for the Canucks to acquire Nielsen to play with Lapierre on the 4th line though.

BuzzBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:09 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzBuzz View Post
Edler just signed a long-term deal so there is basically no chance he gets traded. Would love for the Canucks to acquire Nielsen to play with Lapierre on the 4th line though.
Nielsen wouls be wasted on the 4th line...on a strong team he would be one of the top 3rd line centers in the game. Also a top Pker...

I dont know anyone else besides Edler that would fit in the NYI plans....

Old
02-18-2013, 05:11 PM
StringerBell

Doesn't really make sense to trade away a top pairing, top PP unit, puck moving defenseman to upgrade our bottom six. I'm sure you understand.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:14 PM
StrongIslanders90

Quote:
Doesn't really make sense to trade away a top pairing, top PP unit, puck moving defenseman to upgrade our bottom six. I'm sure you understand.
of course, I was actually quite suprised when i looked at VAN roster and the Defense was not as strong as I expected...

Old
02-18-2013, 05:20 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
of course, I was actually quite suprised when i looked at VAN roster and the Defense was not as strong as I expected...
I disagree with this but if you feel our defense isn't as good as you expect why would we trade a dman? Wouldn't that be more of a step back then anything?

Scottrockztheworld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:21 PM
DJOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM- View Post
While this is true it isn't a need but it is a want say one of Center's get hurt in the play-offs who do we have to play C. Ebbett I hope not Ebbett is an okay player who gets lit up defensively. We could use the insurance of an extra forward who can play on the 4th line and win draws in the defensive zone.
IMO, there is a big difference between Kesler or H. Sedin getting hurt vs Lapierre or Schroeder getting hurt.

If Lapierre or Schroeder gets hurt, I think we'd be fine either shifting Higgins or Burrows to centre. Both have played centre at the NHL level.

If Kesler or H. Sedin get hurt it really doesn't matter if we have another 3rd line centre as we'd need someone who can carry a top 6 line. I've been pushing for another top end centre who can play wing for a few years now. This year it's Weiss+ (for Luongo). Last year it was Jeff Carter (for Schneider+). I don't think that this need is met by bringing in a "#3C" though.

Fixing our problem where we need a LHD to play on their wrong side and getting a guy capable of playing centre in a top 6 roles are our team's priorities right now.

Weiss + Weaver + 1st for Luongo + Ballard is what I'd be hoping for (with maybe Upshall included as a cap dump). Fixes both problems.

DJOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:24 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Your expectations must have been quite high. Sometimes the top 4 don't play up to expectations, but on paper I'd say our defense is in the top tier of the league.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Momesso

The likes of Boyle or Antropov won't help this team as the 3C over Schroeder who is looking more and more like a solid NHLer with every passing game. He hasn't scored a lot of points, but they will come.

Unless we could improve on scoring depth (someone like Neilsen or Weiss who is clearly an upgrade on Schroeder), I don't think I'd be interested.

I would like to see the Canucks go after Goc on the 4th line though. He's a guy that can play any role, and step up in case of injury.

Momesso is offline   Reply With Quote