HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Martin Hanzal vs Ryan O'Reilly

View Poll Results: Better player?
Hanzal 29 32.58%
O'Reilly 55 61.80%
Too close to call 5 5.62%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-18-2013, 12:59 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

vCash: 500
Hanzal, the longer ROR goes without playing, the better he gets....

Could change in the future if ROR starts playing hockey again and proves last season wasn't the product of his line-mates.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutzler View Post
So they both offensively have pretty much the same points per game in their NHL careers at around 0.45 PPG...but you say Hanzal is a lot better defensively right?

So how is O'Reilly better overall?
ROR put up 55 points last year at 21-22 years old... Hanzal has never broke 35.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:23 AM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
Hanzal, the longer ROR goes without playing, the better he gets....

Could change in the future if ROR starts playing hockey again and proves last season wasn't the product of his line-mates.
Agreed. If Ryan can prove that he can play with average wingers and not superstars like Daniel Winnik, Milan Hejduk's corpse, a 1 shouldered Steve Downie and a rookie Gabriel Landeskog, then he'll be legit, but going to head to head with the best lines in the NHL with stars like those guys, and doing awesome didn't prove anything.

cgf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:04 PM
XX
... Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
ROR put up 55 points last year at 21-22 years old... Hanzal has never broke 35.
Hanzal isn't counted on for offense. Tippett is perfectly happy throwing him out there against the top competition. He has 10 points (7 goals) in 11 games this year, with a few of those him not being 100%. He made Ray Whitney and Vrbata +26 and +24, respectively. To me, ROR is the ideal #2 center. Hanzal is the ideal #3C. Both defensively responsible, but different games.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:14 PM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Hanzal isn't counted on for offense. Tippett is perfectly happy throwing him out there against the top competition. He has 10 points (7 goals) in 11 games this year, with a few of those him not being 100%. He made Ray Whitney and Vrbata +26 and +24, respectively. To me, ROR is the ideal #2 center. Hanzal is the ideal #3C. Both defensively responsible, but different games.
Which is what I was saying, check out my first post and who i was responding to.

Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:17 PM
SirPaste

vCash: 50
I like that Hanzal actually plays hockey

SirPaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:00 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
Agreed. If Ryan can prove that he can play with average wingers and not superstars like Daniel Winnik, Milan Hejduk's corpse, a 1 shouldered Steve Downie and a rookie Gabriel Landeskog, then he'll be legit, but going to head to head with the best lines in the NHL with stars like those guys, and doing awesome didn't prove anything.
Way to twist what I said. I never said that he played with superstars.

He DID however, play with the Avs premier defensive forward, and Calder winner Landeskog last season, whom I might add was widely considered the most NHL ready player in the draft last season.

How did O'Reilly rank defensively before last season? Good, but certainly not great. He was the fourth used center for defensive match-ups based on Corsi, behind Statsny, Duchene, and McClemment.

In my opinion, I need to see Ryan O'Reilly perform like last season without Landeskog riding shotgun before I declare him the second coming of Jonathan Toews.

Also, who does Hanzal play with? What NHL stars? Were you aware that Hanzal pro-rated to 45 points last season? While receiving less ice time per game than ROR?

As I said, it can change in the future. But right now Hanzal has 7 goals, and 10 points in 11 games for his team. O'Reilly has 0 goals, and 0 points in 0 games.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:01 PM
KA BLAMO

vCash: 50
O'Reilly

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 05:06 PM
DesertDawg

Hanzal is having a better year...