HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

AHL Affiliate Discussion II: Norfolk Admirals

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-18-2013, 03:12 PM
  #526
Ducksgo
#EtemUp
 
Ducksgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. – Emerson Etem's power play goal with 3:58 left in regulation tied the game and Mat Clark's first goal of the season won it 1:57 into overtime as the Norfolk Admirals (22-24-3-1) closed out their four-game road trip with a 3-2 victory over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (22-21-3-3) on Sunday night at Webster Bank Arena. Norfolk picked up standings points in all four games of the trip (3-0-1-0).

Keep it going Etem! So Cal has your back!

Ducksgo is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 03:13 PM
  #527
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
He's on the right track Soj. He scored last game and is taking on the workload. Let it marinade a bit
Letting it marinade would mean keeping him in the AHL. You haven't seemed okay with that.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 03:20 PM
  #528
Ducksgo
#EtemUp
 
Ducksgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Letting it marinade would mean keeping him in the AHL. You haven't seemed okay with that.
Well Etem has to score somewhere. If its not in the NHL it has to be in the AHL it's something he was born to do Soj

Ducksgo is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 03:21 PM
  #529
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
Well, he wasn't scoring in the NHL.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:08 PM
  #530
Ducksgo
#EtemUp
 
Ducksgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Well, he wasn't scoring in the NHL.
Time is of the essence Soj.... Meditate and marinate and Etem will prosper. In Ducks we trust! Or Etem for that matter

Ducksgo is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:15 PM
  #531
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
I don't trust in Etem. He hasn't given me a reason to.

I trust the organization to do what they think is right.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:21 PM
  #532
DuckJet
#iamsorry
 
DuckJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Funkytown
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 32,853
vCash: 69
Lindholm has been sent down.

DuckJet is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:23 PM
  #533
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Lindholm has been sent down.
Good. He can play.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:40 PM
  #534
Ducksgo
#EtemUp
 
Ducksgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Good. He can play.
Yupp thank goodness I want him to have a call up in a week or two. Allen and Lydman need to start being worried. We have prospects WHO will and CAN take your spot. Good news!

Ducksgo is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:42 PM
  #535
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,975
vCash: 500
We have home games now. The defensive pairings will be put out when they should be instead of mismatched now. They will sub Guenin in for a few rest days and likely that's it, especially if Fowler actually comes back soon.

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:50 PM
  #536
Ducksgo
#EtemUp
 
Ducksgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
We have home games now. The defensive pairings will be put out when they should be instead of mismatched now. They will sub Guenin in for a few rest days and likely that's it, especially if Fowler actually comes back soon.
Sub them all man. Bring up the young guns we have the points to take advantage of seeing what our rookies can do. We're number 2 in the western conference for crying out loud. Lets finally see what we have in our prospect pool.

This will probably be quoted and criticed like I always am. But lets see what we have here? We're dominating our division our conference lets have a tests theory with our prospects. It's just insane.... Get me into the fricken management

Ughhh just so frustrating

Ducksgo is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:53 PM
  #537
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Sub them all man. Bring up the young guns we have the points to take advantage of seeing what our rookies can do. We're number 2 in the western conference for crying out loud. Lets finally see what we have in our prospect pool.
...earlier you were saying you want 1st in the West, and that if Hiller gives up below the league average in goals, you want him pulled. Which one is it?

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 04:54 PM
  #538
Ducks DVM
Moderator
There is no grunion
 
Ducks DVM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,975
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Sub them all man. Bring up the young guns we have the points to take advantage of seeing what our rookies can do. We're number 2 in the western conference for crying out loud. Lets finally see what we have in our prospect pool.
They have those points WITHOUT playing the rookies. There's no sense to risking losing points and/or screwing up the confidence of players who ARE performing for ones who MIGHT. Also, they are 8 points (a 4 game swing) from being out of the playoffs with 34 games left in the season - they haven't locked up anything. Cool your jets, the team hasn't proven anything yet.

It's not broken, stop trying to fix it.

Ducks DVM is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:00 PM
  #539
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 9,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Sub them all man. Bring up the young guns we have the points to take advantage of seeing what our rookies can do. We're number 2 in the western conference for crying out loud. Lets finally see what we have in our prospect pool.
So - you don't like being number 2 in the conference? The guys working hard on the team played so that we could watch some players that aren't ready for that level lose and hurt our playoff chances? We're not dominating. We're finding ways to win hockey games.

Some of your posts tonight are so outlandish, even by your, well... individual standards, that I really think you're being deliberately looking to get called out.

Vipers31 is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:04 PM
  #540
Ducksgo
#EtemUp
 
Ducksgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
...earlier you were saying you want 1st in the West, and that if Hiller gives up below the league average in goals, you want him pulled. Which one is it?
Ducksgo perspective? Fasth starts tonight. Call up Vatanen drop Lydman and bring up Lindholm after a few weeks. Trade Hiller in offseason if Gibson has a good camp. We are loaded with talent. Very thankful for that. The NHL is getting younger and we need to adapt to that.

All of this Iginla trade crap is stupid.
Just stop please I'm not trading roster talent to replace old with old.
This isn't Burke era this is Ducksgo era. We have significant talent sitting in Norfolk waiting for a roster spot. We have the points to take the chance at it. Give our damn prospects a chance. Whether its Etem Lindholm or Vatanen. Lets see what we have here.

Ducksgo is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:05 PM
  #541
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Ducksgo perspective? Fasth starts tonight. Call up Vatanen drop Lydman and bring up Lindholm after a few weeks. Trade Hiller in offseason if Gibson has a good camp. We are loaded with talent. Very thankful for that. The NHL is getting younger and we need to adapt to that.

All of this Iginla trade crap is stupid.
Just stop please I'm not trading roster talent to replace old with old.
This isn't Burke era this is Ducksgo era. We have significant talent sitting in Norfolk waiting for a roster spot. We have the points to take the chance at it. Give our damn prospects a chance. Whether its Etem Lindholm or Vatanen. Lets see what we have here.
So... deny the success we've had so you can see your shiny new toys.

Hey everyone, who cares about earning a spot anymore. If you're young, and you have good potential, you should be on the team so you can weigh them down.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:08 PM
  #542
Ducksgo
#EtemUp
 
Ducksgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
So - you don't like being number 2 in the conference? The guys working hard on the team played so that we could watch some players that aren't ready for that level lose and hurt our playoff chances? We're not dominating. We're finding ways to win hockey games.

Some of your posts tonight are so outlandish, even by your, well... individual standards, that I really think you're being deliberately looking to get called out.
Vipers? We are dominating this season. Every year what do you hear from hazy? Go with the hot goalie go with the hot goalie! That's Fasth! We are winning man! Regardless if its a debate of domination or finding a way of winning. We have the points to take the chance on prospects right now.

Ducksgo is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:12 PM
  #543
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Vipers? We are dominating this season. Every year what do you hear from hazy? Go with the hot goalie go with the hot goalie! That's Fasth! We are winning man! Regardless if its a debate of domination or finding a way of winning. We have the points to take the chance on prospects right now.
Stop. Please.

The Ducks are not dominating. They have been scraping by the past few games. This is not a team that can afford dead weight. That being said, the Ducks are having success with their roster now. This is not the time to take a chance on prospects. It's a time to keep doing what is working. Everything you're saying flies in the face of what a professional team wants to do. "Hey look, we're winning... let's screw it all up by giving players who haven't proven they can hack it in the NHL a spot."

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:12 PM
  #544
Ducksgo
#EtemUp
 
Ducksgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
So... deny the success we've had so you can see your shiny new toys.

Hey everyone, who cares about earning a spot anymore. If you're young, and you have good potential, you should be on the team so you can weigh them down.
Wow Soj I was simply explaining that we have experimental work with our prospects. We have points number 2 in the conference! Go ducks! But I want to see my fricken prospects man! We have the points to see what we have? Why not?

Ducksgo is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:14 PM
  #545
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Wow Soj I was simply explaining that we have experimental work with our prospects. We have points number 2 in the conference! Go ducks! But I want to see my fricken prospects man! We have the points to see what we have? Why not?
Because it's a loser's strategy.

You will never see a team throw prospects onto their roster when the current roster is finding ways to win. That is the type of strategy you see from a team that is out of the playoffs and has nothing to lose.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:17 PM
  #546
Vipers31
Moderator
Advanced Stagnostic
 
Vipers31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bergisch Gladbach
Country: Germany
Posts: 9,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Vipers? We are dominating this season. (...) We are winning man! Regardless if its a debate of domination or finding a way of winning.
No, we aren't dominating. We're winning hockey games. We're finding ways to win when we are not outplaying the opposition. We aren't plowing through teams. It's a very noticeable distinction that tells you about what makes us succesful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Every year what do you hear from hazy? Go with the hot goalie go with the hot goalie! That's Fasth!
It's not wrong to hear it every year, but it's very wrong to hear it every game, which is why we don't hear it every game. We have been going with the hot goalie, which is Fasth, and which was entirely fine. But getting the hotter goalie a rest to make sure his hotness can last is essential. It's a tough schedule, and we don't just need one goalie capable of giving the team a chance to win every night, we need two. There's zero wrong with getting Hiller a start tonight. From every angle you look at it.

It seems like over the last few years of having one goalie and then a hole lot of mediocrity, people forgot how you handle two capable guys. It's not like the days of Giguere or Bryzgalov are that long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
We have the points to take the chance on prospects right now.
We don't. How many points are we up on 9th place? Not that many. You don't win games to give your prospects a chance. It's insanely idiotic. Try to think like a man playing hockey with that team, in that room. You bust your guts, play well as a group, the atmosphere is great, you win some games - and then you get rewarded by having some kids that are clearly not giving your team a better chance of winning replace you? Any coach making such moves would instantly - and deservedly - lose all credibility of that room. And of the entire league. To even think of that boggles the mind.

Vipers31 is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:17 PM
  #547
Ducksgo
#EtemUp
 
Ducksgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Lakewood CA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,284
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Stop. Please.

The Ducks are not dominating. They have been scraping by the past few games. This is not a team that can afford dead weight. That being said, the Ducks are having success with their roster now. This is not the time to take a chance on prospects. It's a time to keep doing what is working. Everything you're saying flies in the face of what a professional team wants to do. "Hey look, we're winning... let's screw it all up by giving players who haven't proven they can hack it in the NHL a spot."
How did Perry or Getz or Palms break into the league? Your on a tangent because I have a different opinion amongst 99 percent of the forum. That's fine I don't care. What I care about is our rookies are in a time and shine scenario with us Being up on points. Why just why can we do the experiment? I don't understand the argument we are having

Ducksgo is online now  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:20 PM
  #548
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
How did Perry or Getz or Palms break into the league? Your on a tangent because I have a different opinion amongst 99 percent of the forum. That's fine I don't care. What I care about is our rookies are in a time and shine scenario with us Being up on points. Why just why can we do the experiment? I don't understand the argument we are having
Palmieri came into the league last season when the Ducks were out of a playoff spot.

Perry and Getzlaf started on the 4th line, and they earned that spot by destroying the AHL. They were putting up close to 2 points per game at the AHL level, and they still weren't handed ice time on a platter. They earned it, and worked their way up the line-up.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:21 PM
  #549
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
Apparently the argument we're having is to screw over the veterans who are helping us win, so you can see your borderline rookies play.

Sojourn is offline  
Old
02-18-2013, 05:23 PM
  #550
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?
 
Sojourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 23,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
We don't. How many points are we up on 9th place? Not that many. You don't win games to give your prospects a chance. It's insanely idiotic. Try to think like a man playing hockey with that team, in that room. You bust your guts, play well as a group, the atmosphere is great, you win some games - and then you get rewarded by having some kids that are clearly not giving your team a better chance of winning replace you? Any coach making such moves would instantly - and deservedly - lose all credibility of that room. And of the entire league. To even think of that boggles the mind.
It would seriously hurt Murray's ability to sign players too.

"Come to Anaheim, where you'll work hard for us, and we'll stab you in the back!"

Talk about bad faith.

Sojourn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.