Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 05:26 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
It would seriously hurt Murray's ability to sign players too.

"Come to Anaheim, where you'll work hard for us, and we'll stab you in the back!"

Talk about bad faith.
Maybe someday, we can take a 2-0 lead in the Stanley Cup finals, so we can check out some of those CHL kids that finished their seasons at that time of the year so they are finally eligible.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Maybe someday, we can take a 2-0 lead in the Stanley Cup finals, so we can check out some of those CHL kids that finished their seasons at that time of the year so they are finally eligible.
Oh damn. You went there.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Palmieri came into the league last season when the Ducks were out of a playoff spot.

Perry and Getzlaf started on the 4th line, and they earned that spot by destroying the AHL. They were putting up close to 2 points per game at the AHL level, and they still weren't handed ice time on a platter. They earned it, and worked their way up the line-up.
Okay with what you stated. And I remind you of, Vatanen and Etem both are AHL true proven goal scorers and point producers. It's a small schedule this I know. But we are up on points? Dominating our division? "Arguably" and winning the western conference besides Chicago. Give our prospects a chance man.....

Old
02-18-2013, 05:41 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
Okay with what you stated. And I remind you of, Vatanen and Etem both are AHL true proven goal scorers and point producers. It's a small schedule this I know. But we are up on points? Dominating our division? "Arguably" and winning the western conference besides Chicago. Give our prospects a chance man.....
Dude... Etem is not a proven "true" goal scorer and point producer at the NHL level. He has, what? 14 points? 15?

With Sami Vatanen you might have an argument, as he has 10 more points(as a defenseman), and in less games. Unfortunately, offense is not the only thing a defenseman in the NHL is expected to provide.

I am giving our prospects a chance. I'm giving them a chance to develop into good NHL players by playing in the AHL where they belong.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Oh damn. You went there.
I don't think I have many places to get to left in me tonight, so that one needed to happen. I'm still feeling a bit conceived about liking the analogy as much as I do.

Quote:
And I remind you of, Vatanen and Etem both are AHL true proven goal scorers and point producers.
Really? How are they? Etem has 14 goals and 16 points in 45 career AHL games. That is not being proven, and it's not even being much of a goalscorer, yet. And it sure as hell isn't being a proven point producer. Vatanen's production is on an entirely different level, so that there at least can be a case made for him, but as he's a defenseman, there's different areas that are important than the mere offensive output. After less than 40 games, I don't think "proven" is among the the words that should come to mind.

Quote:
But we are up on points? Dominating our division? "Arguably" and winning the western conference besides Chicago.
No, we are not dominating. And we are not many points up. It's a whopping 7 points to 9th in the West, also known as a freaking four game losing streak. We are not going to keep winning 80+% of all points. And with your propositions, those points would be gone within a couple of weeks, and with it every momentum, and the entire stability our guys have worked extremely hard to get.

Quote:
Give our prospects a chance man.....
Some of them already had chances. Some of them are getting them along the way, even now. All of them are having chances to constantly earn their shots. There's literally nothing holding them back. What you're talking about isn't giving them a chance, it's giving them the damn key to the city. Or a bottle of whiskey and the keys to your convertible.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Jesus, you guys are way too patient.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:59 PM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Wait, Ducksgo isn't being sarcastic?

Old
02-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Jesus, you guys are way too patient.
I'm actually completely unsure if you mean with our prospects... or with Ducksgo.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:04 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
I'm actually completely unsure if you mean with our prospects... or with Ducksgo.
You see what he's doing? HE'S TEARING US APART.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:19 PM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Etem showed flashes of what he could be, but you could also see the NHL game was still a little to fast for him. If we ever need a speed injection he will be back up, but on the 4th line in a sheltered role, I'm sure the next time we see him he will look like a better player like we have seen with Holland and Palmieri over their careers

Old
02-18-2013, 07:04 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

I generally like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I kind of feel like you're arguing against a caricature.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Ducks DVM
There is no grunion

I think what this thread needs is more Dan Sexton.

Discuss.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:53 PM
Exit Dose

What if his name had been Nad Sexton?

Old
02-18-2013, 07:59 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
Best.

Name.

Ever.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Wasting his talent in the AHL.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:09 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
You see what he's doing? HE'S TEARING US APART.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:41 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
That was my old softball team's name. The nads.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:09 PM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

ducksgo, are you seriously this..... 'special' all the time? Legit question

Old
02-19-2013, 08:11 AM
randyc

Interesting

I've been following this thread recently. First let me say that I'm a Norfolk Admirals fan.

I have to disagree with Ducksgo. I've been through 3 affiliations so I know our purpose is to develop players for the parent club.

But I part ways with Ducksgo about the timing of the callups. First the Ducks have won 9 out of 10 games. And we have sent some players to you that have contributed in Palmieri, Holland and Maroon.

But in watching Vatanen and Etem play in Norfolk, these are my observations. Etem is showing speed, hustle and desire and he is fast improving. He needs to develop his passing abilities since he has only 1 assist so far this season. He needs the minutes he gets here to get his game up to what it needs to be to stick in Anaheim.

Vatanen can carry the puck and is a good PP quarterback. But he really needs to work on the defensive side his game. He makes so bad decisions and needs the time to learn the craft of being a dman. A good rule of thumb is that it takes about 3 years down here to round into a good defenseman.

Just my thoughts.

Old
02-19-2013, 08:27 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyc View Post
I've been following this thread recently. First let me say that I'm a Norfolk Admirals fan.

I have to disagree with Ducksgo. I've been through 3 affiliations so I know our purpose is to develop players for the parent club.

But I part ways with Ducksgo about the timing of the callups. First the Ducks have won 9 out of 10 games. And we have sent some players to you that have contributed in Palmieri, Holland and Maroon.

But in watching Vatanen and Etem play in Norfolk, these are my observations. Etem is showing speed, hustle and desire and he is fast improving. He needs to develop his passing abilities since he has only 1 assist so far this season. He needs the minutes he gets here to get his game up to what it needs to be to stick in Anaheim.

Vatanen can carry the puck and is a good PP quarterback. But he really needs to work on the defensive side his game. He makes so bad decisions and needs the time to learn the craft of being a dman. A good rule of thumb is that it takes about 3 years down here to round into a good defenseman.

Just my thoughts.
Congratulate yourself on having all your faculties intact, then. (But it's nice to hear from the Norfolk fans).

As long as you have Nad Sixpack, you should be doing okay. That guy is spunky.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:

Just my thoughts.
Completely agree with this.

Old
02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:

Just my thoughts.
This is the conclusion most of us seem to have reached. Well said.

Old
02-19-2013, 03:33 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
ducksgo, are you seriously this..... 'special' all the time? Legit question
When I'm drinking yah. Too many shots And beers with friends last night while watching the game. I know I wrote a lot of nonsense on here, and will firmly apologize for that.

Old
02-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Sean Garrity
They call me Hampus

Quote:
When I'm drinking yah. Too many shots And beers with friends last night while watching the game. I know I wrote a lot of nonsense on here, and will firmly apologize for that.
Never a need to apologize for your opinion, intoxicated or not. That is what this board is for and if everyone agreed all the time it would be boring with a vast majority of us not being active.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Eddie Shack
RIP KevFist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Garrity View Post
Never a need to apologize for your opinion, intoxicated or not. That is what this board is for and if everyone agreed all the time it would be boring with a vast majority of us not being active.
If his drunken posts are only intended to stir the pot then they really aren't needed. I sometimes think he is trying to be cute like eenok was for about 48 hours. It's not cute, and being drunk doesn't excuse it.

Closed Thread