HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-Chi

Old
02-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Happy with the devil I know (Kruger) and TT doesn't go for anything close to 2-2nd rounders. For TT it would be a top 20 pick at worst, not 2-2nds.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:37 PM
Domino11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Lars Eller - GP 14, G 1, Pts 5; TOI/G 13:20, SHTOI 1:51, PPTOI 0:54, EVTOI 10:34

Marcus Kruger - GP 15, G 3, Pts 6; TOI/G 12:43, SHTOI 2:48, PPTOI 0:17, EVTOI 9:38

So, Kruger plays less, has scored more, contributes more to a PK, on a team that takes far fewer penalties than Montreal (61 minors vs 80) and is one of the best in the league. I'm not really familiar with Corsi and advanced stas, but I'd assume they'd favour Kruger too.
I don't know where u got your stat but Eller didn't play 14 game he played 12 so your wrong .. And c'mon Eller play 36 seconde average more it not like if he plays more dont be silly ! Have u ever been watching Eller play ?? Cause he is very good in pk .. Probably better then Kruger !! Kruger play on a better team too no to mention ! Eller vs Kruger is a lateral deal so for me it a no deal just cause it a useless deal for both team

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
I don't know where u got your stat but Eller didn't play 14 game he played 12 so your wrong .. And c'mon Eller play 36 seconde average more it not like if he plays more dont be silly ! Have u ever been watching Eller play ?? Cause he is very good in pk .. Probably better then Kruger !! Kruger play on a better team too no to mention ! Eller vs Kruger is a lateral deal so for me it a no deal just cause it a useless deal for both team
Kruger's arguabley the best pentaly killer on the team with the 2nd best penalty kill in the league. I highly doubt Eller's a better PKer than Kruger. The point about playing on a better team isn't relevant because Kruger's limited to the 4th line.

You're right about 12 games, made a typo.

Some more food for thought thought:

Eller's most frequent linemates - Armstrong, 45.4%TOI; Moen, 41.4%TOI; Cole, 34.7%TOI; Desharnais 34.6%TOI;

Kruger's most frequent linemates - Frolik, 72.6%TOI; Mayers 27.9%TOI; Bickell, 25.1%TOI; Bollig, 24.4%TOI

(Via Behindthenet)

Last edited by HockeySensible: 02-17-2013 at 08:15 PM.
HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Sevanston

Kruger >= Eller
TT >> 2 2nd round picks

No thanks

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Treb

vCash: 702
Quote:
Kruger's arguabley the best pentaly killer on the team with the 2nd best penalty kill in the league. I highly doubt Eller's a better PKer than Kruger. The point about playing on a better team isn't relevant because Kruger's limited to the 4th line.

You're right about 12 games, made a typo.

Some more food for thought thought:

Eller's most frequent linemates - Armstrong, 45.4%TOI; Moen, 41.4%TOI; Cole, 34.7%TOI; Desharnais 34.6%TOI;

Kruger's most frequent linemates - Frolik, 72.6%TOI; Mayers 27.9%TOI; Bickell, 25.1%TOI; Bollig, 24.4%TOI

(Via Behindthenet)
Cole an DD are awful this year. Anyway, you're happy with Kruger, we're happy with Eller, no need to trade.

Treb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Dharvey33

No freakin way that Krueger is better than Eller

Anyway we should stop the Eller proposals not a lot of habs fans want him gone except for an overpayment.

We are happy with his play plus with Gallagher out maybe for a while he is going to get his chance to prove he is a top 6 player.

Dharvey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:58 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Eller to Chicago makes sense. We wouldn't give up a guy like Krüger for him. If we know for sure Stalberg will test the market after this season, I could see a deal around Eller for Stalberg

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:29 AM
Adam Spylo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Eller to Chicago makes sense. We wouldn't give up a guy like Krüger for him. If we know for sure Stalberg will test the market after this season, I could see a deal around Eller for Stalberg
Why should the Habs deal Eller for an upcoming UFA?

Adam Spylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:37 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Eller and Kruger are close enough, but I think the Habs need whatever size they can get, although they need to re-engage Eller a bit more in that sense. His added mass and strength *could* be useful to the Habs. Obviously the Habs like TT and he's worth more than even a couple high 2nds. But the Habs will also probably use those picks to draft players who slot into organizational areas of need as well... again, bigger stronger players, maybe a goalie... so although TT is much better pure quality than the picks, the difference might not be as big to the Habs as it appears to be.

I'd consider it a very tempting offer that the Hawks would be nuts to make, but I'd still turn it down from the Habs' POV as just not quite the right fit.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:38 AM
Pax Macioretty

How bout changing Kruger to Boilig + Teravainen?

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:23 AM
Chris Hansen
THESE LEGS ARE FRESH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
How bout changing Kruger to Boilig + Teravainen?
Teravainen alone for Eller is senseless - if the Hawks were going to trade TT, they could build a package around him for a better piece in return.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Not a fan of Kruger but this is laughable.

Eller in no way shape or form returns anything of value outside of draft picks. Habs can keep him. You dont trade away the best PK'er on the team (Kruger. So we are clear), for a down grade at the moment and for hope in the future. Kruger is a piece on the best team in the league and accepts his role. Ill take that over hyperbole that Eller might be a top sixer in a year or two.

Martini* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 03:57 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martini View Post
Not a fan of Kruger but this is laughable.

Eller in no way shape or form returns anything of value outside of draft picks. Habs can keep him. You dont trade away the best PK'er on the team (Kruger. So we are clear), for a down grade at the moment and for hope in the future. Kruger is a piece on the best team in the league and accepts his role. Ill take that over hyperbole that Eller might be a top sixer in a year or two.
The Montreal GM, Bergevin, seems to think there is a lot of interest in Eller. According to Bergevin, since he has become GM, Eller is by far the most asked about Hab player from other NHL teams and he has decided he should see why all the other teams have such an interest in him.

Maybe you should phone him and set him straight, lol.

Frozenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:06 PM
Chacal667

Eller isn't the second center the hawks are looking for, I'm a habs fan and I doubt that Eller will become a second center one day.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:11 PM
Domino11

If Chicago are interest in a mtl player it will be plekanec .. Plekanec will be a perfect fit as a second centre in Chicago ! Not sure mtl trade him do and we will ask for a lot in return but I really think if Chicago trade for pleky they will defenetly be the favourite to win the cup .... They r the best team in the league right now but with pleky it would be so hard to beat them .. They would have the best pk with Kruger , hossa , pleky etc

What Chicago are willing to give up for plekanec ??

Domino11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:15 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domino11 View Post
If Chicago are interest in a mtl player it will be plekanec .. Plekanec will be a perfect fit as a second centre in Chicago ! Not sure mtl trade him do and we will ask for a lot in return but I really think if Chicago trade for pleky they will defenetly be the favourite to win the cup .... They r the best team in the league right now but with pleky it would be so hard to beat them .. They would have the best pk with Kruger , hossa , pleky etc

What Chicago are willing to give up for plekanec ??
The habs are in a good position to make the playoff and if they continue in this way plecky will not be available.

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 04:21 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
The Montreal GM, Bergevin, seems to think there is a lot of interest in Eller. According to Bergevin, since he has become GM, Eller is by far the most asked about Hab player from other NHL teams and he has decided he should see why all the other teams have such an interest in him.

He's a young player, that was drafted high and he's on a cheap contract. To this point, he hasn't produced much in the NHL and thus other teams are likely trying to buy low on him and take a chance on him living up to his potential.

Just because team's have interest in a player doesn't mean he's better than any other player. Marcus Kruger would draw alot of interest if Chicago was looking to move him, which they're not.

Old
02-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
He's a young player, that was drafted high and he's on a cheap contract. To this point, he hasn't produced much in the NHL and thus other teams are likely trying to buy low on him and take a chance on him living up to his potential.

Just because team's have interest in a player doesn't mean he's better than any other player. Marcus Kruger would draw alot of interest if Chicago was looking to move him, which they're not.
I was responding to a poster who was implying that Eller wouldn't fetch much in the market, something I disagree with. Maybe he's not a good fit in Chicago but elsewhere I think we could get either a good roster player, an NHL ready prospect or picks. Someone like Phoenix makes sense to me.

I think Chicago would most likely be interested in Plekanec because it's all about the here and the next couple of years and I'd rather trade Pleks, tbh.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:48 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post

Of course he would say something like that, its his job. But saying something and actually proving it are two different things.

I dont see Eller bringing anything other then draft picks. I dont blame Bergevin for acting the snake oil salesman.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:21 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Of course he would say something like that, its his job. But saying something and actually proving it are two different things.

I dont see Eller bringing anything other then draft picks. I dont blame Bergevin for acting the snake oil salesman.
I have a lot more faith in Bergevin being honest then believing what your selling, thank you very much.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Dharvey33

Quote:

You would be surprised plus i doubt the habs are shopping him, plus various sources said that i was the teams that phoned Bergevin for Eller and not the contrary.

Might want to stay informed a bit if you want to make statements like that.

Plus the hawks would have to add quite a bit to Krueger if they want Eller it's not the same kind of ceiling at all. Plus Krueger might be better on the pk but Eller is far from a scrub he is the second best defensive forward on the habs.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Martini*
Gods Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharvey33 View Post
You would be surprised plus i doubt the habs are shopping him, plus various sources said that i was the teams that phoned Bergevin for Eller and not the contrary.
Yet, its Bergevin making such a statement public thru the media?

As somebody who watched Kenny Williams routinely put players on a pedestal thru the media to increase their value, I would say this is nothing but being the proverbial barker to increase value. KW was a master of it. It remains to be seen if Bergevin has those skills, but from the looks of it, he doesnt.
Quote:
Might want to stay informed a bit if you want to make statements like that.
By stating Ellers value is nothing more then draft picks and isnt as valuble to an elite team like the Hawks over an excellent role player in Kruger? Sorry, thats my opinion. I would much rather have a player who knows his role and has actually performed it to such a high level that the Hawks PK is among the leagues best instead of hoping a player who was a main cog in trading away an excellent goalie in Halak turns out into something other then a bottom six guy. Sorry, Ill take the guy who is entrenched into his role over rolling the dice on potential that just might not come to fruition.
Quote:
Plus the hawks would have to add quite a bit to Krueger if they want Eller it's not the same kind of ceiling at all. Plus Krueger might be better on the pk but Eller is far from a scrub he is the second best defensive forward on the habs.
That says more about the Habs then it does Kruger, and this is coming from somebody who cannot stand Kruger and would like nothing better then somebody else to come along and replace him.

Eller sure isnt that person, just sayin.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

TT is 100 percent of the table except for an established 1st line player. Kruger is the most improved player on the Hawks this season and an integral part of the best team in the world.

I would maybe do Danault for Eller straight up.

Spectra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:26 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
TT is 100 percent of the table except for an established 1st line player. Kruger is the most improved player on the Hawks this season and an integral part of the best team in the world.

I would maybe do Danault for Eller straight up.
Even that doesn't make any sense from a Chicago POV. Is Eller a significant improvement on either Shaw or Kruger? Not at the moment, especially with the way Shaw and Kruger have been playing.. so what would the point be in acquring him?

Chicago would need a definite upgrade on what they have at centre, right now, to move a Danault or a McNeill.. Eller, at this point, isn't that guy. Maybe he ends up being a better player than Shaw or Kruger, but he's not at the moment.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:56 PM
Dharvey33

Btw the hawks are not the best team in the league top 3 maybe but best no.

I doubt they are winning the president this year.

The pens are better than the hawks.

It's like saying the habs are the second best team in the east which they aren't.