HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings @ Oilers Feb 19 2013

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 03:04 PM
awesomo
HARD!

vCash: 500
Ryan Smyth was really good on the PP for Eberle's goal. varlamov had no idea where the puck was

Old
02-18-2013, 03:05 PM
#ualberta

I really want to string together a few wins before the road trip

Also nice to see prbv get promoted to 2nd line I know done of you don't like yak on the 3rd line but prv deserves a chance IMO to play with good players

Old
02-18-2013, 03:43 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Dallas Eakins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli View Post
EdmontonOilers
#Oilers line combos at practice: 4-93-14, 91-89-83, 94-20-64, 55-54-56.

Magnum gets a promotion, Yakupov stays RW with the vets.

Jones taking spins on the 4th line. Still likely he doesn't play till they hit the road.
Can we stop sticking Yakupov with two offensive anchors?

Also I swear Krueger is making the 4th line look like that on purpose. 54,55,56.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post

Also I swear Krueger is making the 4th line look like that on purpose. 54,55,56.
Yakupov isn't good defensively, so to minimize risk, they are pairing him with the vets.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:51 PM
metallicat

I'm really loving the condensed schedule this year. I hate off days.

Old
02-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

I actually don't mind Yakupov playing with 94 and 20. Firstly it lets him play RW and I think he's more comfortable there. Belanger wins his fair share of faceoffs so it lets his line start with the puck more often than not, he'll be facing more bottom pairs and bottom 6 match ups, and like somebody else said it shelters him a little bit.

The only thing that bugs me about that line is that Belanger won't celebrate goals with Yaks.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:24 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiled up* View Post
This team is so bi-polar that you are most likely right, not to the extent vs the Avs but iirc our top line cycled the puck against the humongous Sharks line and held their own pretty fine, we just couldn't score. I just don't know what to expect from this team right now but the last 2 games they seem to be simplifying everything... Which resulted in us outplaying out opposition.
What does the asterik besides your name mean?

Old
02-18-2013, 05:26 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post

The only thing that bugs me about that line is that Belanger won't celebrate goals with Yaks.

I think it'll be lulzy if Yaks scores and skates right to Belanger.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnoctophas View Post

If Yakupov is the go to guy on that line its not to bad Imo, the teams needs more scoring out of 3rd 4th line, also MPS has been really playing well and deserves a look in top 6 right now also gives 2nd line good speed for Gagner.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:36 PM
nexttothemoon
The Drive for Nine

Belanger doesn't have to worry about the un-classiness of goal celebrations. He's pretty much insured he'll be in them as little as possible because he sucks so badly offensively.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:40 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

Gagner was brutal defensively last game. Smart move by Kruger to put a superior defensive player like Paajarvi on his line. And still leaves Hemsky on the line to be the offensive catalyst.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:47 PM
armandh01

I don't mind Yak on the 3rd. It develops him in his proper position, instead of forcing him to develop on his off side. Tbh he seems better on his natural side. Maybe it'll allow him to get that necessary improved defensive play.

I like that MPS will get a shot in the top 6.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:49 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
I don't mind Yak on the 3rd. It develops him in his proper position, instead of forcing him to develop on his off side. Tbh he seems better on his natural side. Maybe it'll allow him to get that necessary improved defensive play.

I like that MPS will get a shot in the top 6.
Also Yak will still get his pp time.

Old
02-18-2013, 05:52 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
Also Yak will still get his pp time.
Would like to see him shoot a little more, considering how great of a shot he has.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowlyOilersfan View Post
Would like to see him shoot a little more, considering how great of a shot he has.
Yea would be nice and he probably has the fastest pass I have ever seen very unique.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:35 PM
McNutty780

LOL

maggie was gonna be scratched a game ago now hes on the second line.

keep climbing that ladder youngn, i'm stoked for him!

Old
02-18-2013, 06:59 PM
BadMedicine*

Ralph can wait until something ruptures but he will be forced to follow the NHS handbook of intuative analysis and put MPS-Gagner-Yakupov together and at the same time reunite the vets on the 3rd line by dropping Hemmer in there, Krueger doesnt have enough understanding of Hemskys skillset to know he will provide the team the same level of goal scoring from the 3rd line. Fear of DOOM.

This game should be a massive correction even if we open up like last game as I hope we do for demonstration purposes postgame , maybe 2-1, low scoring close game won on an individual effort not catalysed by either teams system. This is two adjusted hybrids facing off one-on-one.This game will be what is know in the NHS as a System Check-mate, it will be a game with lots of possesion changes and chances and shots but few goals , and there will be no great goal differential no matter how much both sides open up their offense, this is a coaches nightmare. Could be 2-1 or could be 6-5 IF both coaches open up the offense but if one chooses to play it safer then it will be very close and neither system will be able to get a definitive advantage offensivly and it will be a shorthanded goal{hint hint} or a breakaway or a takeaway that decides the game, an "outside the system" type of goal. This game will look exactly like last years playoff games. Stoll will have a big game, and LA will score off a sympathetic rebound from a low post shot at least once. schultz should like this type of game and will likely score and Hemmer also likes to wear the red cape. Look for super-man type goals that catalyse spontaneously out of broken plays.

Go Oilers!

Old
02-18-2013, 07:07 PM
BadMedicine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
Ryan Smyth was really good on the PP for Eberle's goal. varlamov had no idea where the puck was
I agree, I think Ryan showed us all something important by targeting the wraparound, he stretched the goalie out by doing that a lot and made it easier for his mates to pick him apart. He got in the tenders head and forced him to focus on his feet more than he wanted to, he broke him open with the wrap-around. The wraparound is like the backhand it is extremely valuable but underrated. Both shots make it extra hard for the tender to stay in the zone because of the odd unpredictable rebounds that they generate.

Hope Smitty keeps the pressure on and the pedal down, we need the scoring depth he can generate badly right now.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:09 PM
TennisBalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by canovin View Post
I want to see a line up of:

Hall-Gagner-Hemsky
Hartikainen-RNH-Eberle
MPS-Belanger-Yakupov
I approve.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:10 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
I actually don't mind Yakupov playing with 94 and 20. Firstly it lets him play RW and I think he's more comfortable there. Belanger wins his fair share of faceoffs so it lets his line start with the puck more often than not, he'll be facing more bottom pairs and bottom 6 match ups, and like somebody else said it shelters him a little bit.

I think Belanger was only telling a half truth when he said he wasn't going to chase Yakupov around the ice. The REAL problem is that with only 4 goals in his last 100 games(give or take)...he's forgotten how to celebrate goals(or at best is very rusty) and is embarrassed about it. He's just trying to deflect the attention onto Yakupov because he's so ashamed of himself. It's understandable...

Old
02-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Declassified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oiltankjob 4 93 64 View Post
What does the asterik besides your name mean?
usually means the user was banned, but its possible he added it himself.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
I think Belanger was only telling a half truth when he said he wasn't going to chase Yakupov around the ice. The REAL problem is that with only 4 goals in his last 100 games(give or take)...he's forgotten how to celebrate goals(or at best is very rusty) and is embarrassed about it. He's just trying to deflect the attention onto Yakupov because he's so ashamed of himself. It's understandable...
Ha, I made that comment tongue in cheek...

Belanger isn't completely incapable of offense, maybe playing with Yaks will spark him a bit.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:09 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Polaris GTFO my comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Declassified View Post
usually means the user was banned, but its possible he added it himself.
Thx for clarifying .

Old
02-18-2013, 08:11 PM
awesomo
HARD!

there is a rift between Hall and Eberle. Read twitter

not actually rift

Old
02-18-2013, 08:48 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
We seem to lay an egg after big games. Hopefully that's not the case this time!
If we keep using our speed and putting the puck on the net like we have over the past 2 games there's no way we'll be laying an egg.

GO OIL!

Closed Thread