HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Adam Hall for defenseman ???

Old
07-12-2006, 08:16 AM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyRegardedRookie View Post
I guess what I'm saying is, I came here to get information, and I don't appreciate you turning it into a your-prospects-suck pissing contest.
You said that you'd love it if some of your better prospects become as good as Hall. And I merely said, "Of course you would." Those aren't very good prospects.

I did go off on a tangent with regards to Jessiman but hoping middling prospects turn into Adam Hall isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for either side, in my opinion. And I could have gone on a lot, lot longer on Jessiman, but cut it short because the argument wasn't about him individually.

Quote:
And I could just as easily have listed players like ... Lauri Korpikoski..., all of whom have similarities to Adam Hall.
If you had listed Korpikoski, I would have disagreed with you. If you hope Korpi becomes as good as Hall in a few years, he's going to be a poor first round selection. Why hope, as you did with the three mediocre prospects, that Korpikoski becomes a 10 goal, 20 assist guy in the NHL. Was he not drafted for more?

Quote:
If his [Nigel Dawes] draft was held again knowing what we know now, he'd probably be a late-first or early-second round pick.
Dawes would be lucky to break the middle of the second round. There are only one or two players in the first round and a handful in the second that I wouldn't take over Dawes. But he was a great selection, no doubt. That wasn't my point. He's still not a great prospect. He may turn into something, but he has a lot of question marks going right now or he would have been a lot higher in the NYR fan rankings after his AHL season.

Last edited by SmokeyClause: 07-12-2006 at 08:21 AM.
SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote