HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lewis had his Mowers. Does Claude have his Bourque?

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 08:02 PM
sjaustin77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
Hamill or any other Prov Bruin and I stated such.

I've noticed not too many are arguing with the first post or topic of the thread lately. Wonder why?
If you haven't noticed, then you aren't reading anyone's posts. Every one of your questions has been answered as to why your premise is wrong.

There are no comparisons to Bourque and Hamill.

He is playing because he was the best player in Providence. He gets powerplay time because our powerplay sucks and he is good at it. Only Seguin has a higher Pts/60 on the Bruins.

He went in the shootout because he is also good at it and most of our guys aren't.

He is fearless, energetic and physical. Only Lucic has more hits among our forwards.

He has a positve takeaway/giveaway ratio, and positive Corsi numbers.

You started a thread with a ridiculous premise after a couple games. In the last 8 games he has 3 points and is even in plus/minus. I could start a thread saying he is the next Martin St. Louis who his career mirrors far more than Hamill and it wouldn't be as ridiculous as this thread.

I'm not one to report posts but you are obviously trolling at this point. The thread sucked when you started it and it sucks now. I don't know how it hasn't been closed by now. A thread discussing the merits of Bourque on his play is fine but suggesting it has anything to do with his last name is ridiculous.

Unless you have actual evidence this **** should be closed.

Who is behind this conspiracy? Bourque, Chia, Neely, Jacobs?
Why is it being done? Who is it doing a favor for and why? He gets paid in the AHL or NHL so .....
Why would the Bruins make their team worse if they had someone better?

They traded for him because he is twice the player Hamill is and they thought he could help Providence and Boston. He has and he is cheaper too.

Until he is hurting the team and someone else can show they are better he deserves to be here on his own merits and not his name. Period. End of story.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:17 PM
doubleminor138
Call me Snake

on topic good. off topic bad.

A true fan who will always be remembered.
Old
02-18-2013, 08:18 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
That about sums it up.

Really, if you think Bourque has anything at all to do with his sons' careers (both of them), other than offering moral support and father-son advice, I don't know what to tell you.

If anything, saying Bourque and Hamill are interchangeable displays your own bias.
Lol. I just wanna know what the hell "awesome unique Bruins intangibles" are?

Old
02-18-2013, 08:19 PM
Son of Marshmont
Classless Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Tremendous post, and not just for the unicorns pissing skittles line.
I wish I could claim credit for it, but it's a close relative of "unicorns pissing rainbows."

*On a side note, if you google image search "unicorns pissing rainbows," Mark Sanchez is about six rows down. Wrap your head around that one.

Last edited by Son of Marshmont: 02-18-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Unicorns.
Old
02-18-2013, 08:20 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

The one thing that I've struggled to understand is why so many people said that Bourque (going into this season with a total of 33 NHL games) had proven that he wasn't NHL worthy ... yet so many people also said that Caron (with 71 games, and with a career of 4th line caliber stats) still might prove to be worthy of a 2nd line spot.

I recognize there's an age difference, but I don't understand why Caron's still "unproven" when someone that's played less than half as much (and with lesser linemates) has already shown what he's capable of or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brushhawg View Post
Hamill or any other Prov Bruin and I stated such.

I've noticed not too many are arguing with the first post or topic of the thread lately. Wonder why?
I'd guess it's because you have most of us on ignore, because the vast majority of posters on the board have disagreed with both the first post and the topic in general.

I think it's safer to say "not too many people agree with the first post/topic in general" because you seem to be a huge minority on the topic.

And just for the record: I'm a huge fan of Skittles, whether they come from unicorn urine or not. They're straight up good stuff.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:28 PM
GloveSave1
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by remer View Post

12 games 1 G 2 A 3 Pts -4
There it is. Cold stark reality. He's not getting it done.

As I've said, I've been happy with his effort and compeate level of late, but he's a goalscorer who is regularly wasting scoring chances high and wide...and the numbers certainly don't lie...

Who knows, maybe the Bruins want to invest 30-40 games and see if Bourque can finally calm down and shoot straight? I think Kelly and Peverley deserve better from the organization than waiting and hoping to see better production.

I feel bad about it at this point, because Bourque has found other ways to chip in here and there...but its not going to be enough if he doesn't bring the best part of his game. We couldn't help but do better, if that's the case.

I would imagine those kind of numbers won't keep him in the league much longer.

...and to those who say its all okay because we're winning. I don't know about you, but the last few games haven't been great IMO. That Jets team should have got rolled. 6+. We slid by. The offense needs to be better.

Bury your chances Bourque, and quick, or you'll be lighting it up in PROV soooner rather than later.

Last edited by GloveSave1: 02-18-2013 at 08:34 PM.
Old
02-18-2013, 08:56 PM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave1 View Post
There it is. Cold stark reality. He's not getting it done.

As I've said, I've been happy with his effort and compeate level of late, but he's a goalscorer who is regularly wasting scoring chances high and wide...and the numbers certainly don't lie...

Who knows, maybe the Bruins want to invest 30-40 games and see if Bourque can finally calm down and shoot straight? I think Kelly and Peverley deserve better from the organization than waiting and hoping to see better production.

I feel bad about it at this point, because Bourque has found other ways to chip in here and there...but its not going to be enough if he doesn't bring the best part of his game. We couldn't help but do better, if that's the case.

I would imagine those kind of numbers won't keep him in the league much longer.

...and to those who say its all okay because we're winning. I don't know about you, but the last few games haven't been great IMO. That Jets team should have got rolled. 6+. We slid by. The offense needs to be better.

Bury your chances Bourque, and quick, or you'll be lighting it up in PROV soooner rather than later.
Thank god the Bruins didn't give up on Marchand when he had equally meh stats when he first broke into the league

Old
02-18-2013, 09:09 PM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SerenityRick View Post
Thank god the Bruins didn't give up on Marchand when he had equally meh stats when he first broke into the league
There's a difference between breaking in at 21 and 27, bourque is also getting more ice time than Marchand was

Old
02-18-2013, 09:16 PM
GloveSave1
Back in Black

Quote:
I could be wrong, but I don't remember Marchand getting the kind of opportunity Bourque is getting. I think Marchand was brought in to grind on the 4th line and work hard. He did that...and found an offensive game to boot. So, while Marchand didn't put up points...He did bring what the Bruins asked and was able to have the chance to grow on the NHL level because of it.

Bourque has been brought in to contribute offensivly. He hasn't done that (minus, the GWG which is awesome...but literally it haha). He has also been given every chance to show his skill. The clock is simply ticking. Time to put up or shut up.

There is also real question as to whether Bourque can make the jump to the NHL. His current stat line is not helping. There are a lot more question marks with Bourque than Marchand at the time of their call ups. Ehh...I'm not buying that one.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Orrthebest

Chris Bourque in Providence 32 games played 8 goals 20 assists for 28 points and plus 2. Ryan Spooner 41 games 10 goals 27 assists for 37 points and plus 9. Spooner .902 pts/gm, Bourque .875 pts/gm.

Providence with Bourque 11th place in conference, without Bourque first in division and 3 seed.

Certainly looks like Spooner is already the better player.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:54 PM
sjaustin77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orrthebest View Post
Chris Bourque in Providence 32 games played 8 goals 20 assists for 28 points and plus 2. Ryan Spooner 41 games 10 goals 27 assists for 37 points and plus 9. Spooner .902 pts/gm, Bourque .875 pts/gm.

Providence with Bourque 11th place in conference, without Bourque first in division and 3 seed.

Certainly? Based on a PPG .027 better, +/-, and team record? You are telling me Providence is better because they lost their leading scorer at the time who was a plus player?

Bourque's 1.27 Pts/gm last year disagrees with you. Bourque has a .25 PPG in the NHL this year to Spooner's 0.00 PPG. I guess Bourque is infinitely better in the NHL. Can Spooner play both wings? Is he as physical? Do they want Spooner getting 10 minutes a night in the NHL or 20 minutes in the AHL?

Bourque was the correct 1st choice and still is based on how he is playing.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:58 PM
Rubber Biscuit

Quote:

Spooner said he isn't comfortable playing wing, so it doesn't matter anyway.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:47 PM
Orrthebest

Quote:

Chris Bourque is older than Marchand and already had 33 NHL games.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:48 PM
GloveSave1
Back in Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubber Biscuit View Post
Spooner said he isn't comfortable playing wing, so it doesn't matter anyway.
Not that it matters to this conversation, because Spooner does prob need a growth year in PROV... but he better GET comfortable playing wing if he wants a job in Boston. Haha.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:13 AM
Quaider*
RONDO BABY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee Wally View Post
Because its tiresome trying to crack your reality with the true reality.
It's no different than you posting Elvis waited on you at Denny's last night. No matter what anybody says to you, you truly believe The King served your grand slam breakfast.
Actually, I picture Elvis as more of a Subway "sandwich artist". Imagine him singing the new "Februany" song?

I've only ever seen Elvis twice. The first time was at least ten years ago in South Attleboro and the other was last summer up in Franconia Notch, NH.

Old
02-19-2013, 06:49 AM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjaustin77 View Post
Bourque has a .25 PPG in the NHL this year to Spooner's 0.00 PPG. I guess Bourque is infinitely better in the NHL.
That's supposed to be a joke, right?

Old
02-19-2013, 06:53 AM
SerenityRick

Send a message via AIM to SerenityRick
Quote:
Chris Bourque is older than Marchand and already had 33 NHL games.

Seriously what does age have to do with it? You might as well tell me that they weigh differently and have different personalities.

The point is they are both small forwards with similar games. When Marchand was finally given a shot in the NHL after playing in the AHL, he was nigh useless. I remember EVERYONE on this board saying he would amount to nothing..

I'm certainly not saying that Bourque is the next Marchand but there simply isn't enough games from Bourque to make a judgement either way.

So my point stands.. if everyone here had it their way when Marchand first broke into the NHL.. he wouldn't even be on this team because no one was willing to give him an ample chance. With all this said, if Chia can find a decent replacement by the trade deadline I am ALL for it. But I think way too many people are piling on Bourque. It's silly to me that people are blaming him for Kelly and Peverley's lack of production as well.

Old
02-19-2013, 07:48 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Bourque's journey to the NHL is more like Boychuk's, not Marchand's. We can all only hope he finally blossoms and does so soon.

I am Boston Strong

Old
02-19-2013, 08:41 AM
ot92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dangley One View Post
Lol. I just wanna know what the hell "awesome unique Bruins intangibles" are?
haha. just the obvious stuff.

im talking about a player born in boston, the son of one of the greatest bruins. a kid who spent his childhood in the old garden and listened to cusick & sanderson announcing road games. a lifelong bruins fan. played in hockey east.

lets face it the position is going to max out around 14min a game, nobody is going to pile up the points. we gotta give the kid at least a season or two...

Old
02-19-2013, 10:02 AM
The Dangley One
Dangle dangle goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ot92s View Post
haha. just the obvious stuff.

im talking about a player born in boston, the son of one of the greatest bruins. a kid who spent his childhood in the old garden and listened to cusick & sanderson announcing road games. a lifelong bruins fan. played in hockey east.

lets face it the position is going to max out around 14min a game, nobody is going to pile up the points. we gotta give the kid at least a season or two...
Yah its a great story if he could become a good core player for the Bruins but I'm not buying that since he grew up a bruin fan and his dad is ray bourque, he's gunna have any better chance of succedding here as apose to Washington or Pittsburgh.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:08 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Bourque's journey to the NHL is more like Boychuk's, not Marchand's. We can all only hope he finally blossoms and does so soon.
Peverley was similar as well.

Kicked around the minors (ECHL and AHL) and eventually got waived by Nashville. He was picked up by Atlanta and at 26 years old, finally got a chance to play consistently- and that's when he delivered.

Prior to that season, he had played in 46 NHL games with only 11 points to show for it.

That doesn't mean Bourque can do it, but he'd sure solve some of their cap/continuity problems if he was able to become a low-rent version of the Perv.

02-19-2013, 10:09 AM
Therick67

Quote:
Seriously what does age have to do with it? You might as well tell me that they weigh differently and have different personalities.

The point is they are both small forwards with similar games. When Marchand was finally given a shot in the NHL after playing in the AHL, he was nigh useless. I remember EVERYONE on this board saying he would amount to nothing..

I'm certainly not saying that Bourque is the next Marchand but there simply isn't enough games from Bourque to make a judgement either way.

So my point stands.. if everyone here had it their way when Marchand first broke into the NHL.. he wouldn't even be on this team because no one was willing to give him an ample chance. With all this said, if Chia can find a decent replacement by the trade deadline I am ALL for it. But I think way too many people are piling on Bourque. It's silly to me that people are blaming him for Kelly and Peverley's lack of production as well.
The thing is, Bourque has been getting more PP time and Bourque actually got a shootout attempt before Marchand got his first in the NHL. Who's done more at this level? it's not even close.

CB is getting more than a fair shake.

Old
02-19-2013, 10:46 AM
mikelvl

On another note, OP, I don't see how we can have Dave Lewis in the same sentence as Claude Julien.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:04 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Sad a supposed cup contender, that is now 9mil under the cap, has to hope for a 27 year old fringe AHL'er to blossom.

Old
02-19-2013, 11:14 AM
hoss75

I don't think the hope is for this season as much as next season. I'd imagine that if the opportunity arises for a couple of rentals the club is going to go for them. But next year??? More than a few clubs are going to be stuck with an AHL'er or 2, so might as well as groom one till they can find their rental.

Closed Thread