HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Screw the Leafs, Let's all hate the penguins. Cooke lacerated my heart :(

Old
02-18-2013, 05:22 PM
StayThirstyMyFriend

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK201 View Post
It's just not right. If this team was like that i'd rather watch another.
You don't think other players from other teams are told before the game to taker runs at Karlsson and give him extra cheap shots to get him off his game?

The reason fighting is allowed in hockey is because the league allows the players to settle scores themselves. Do you think the penguins are going to deviate from their game plan of takings runs at karlsson or spezza or alfie just because they might lose a guy like cooke in the process? What if they're faced with the prospect of losing some of their high end players, you think that'll change their mind?

StayThirstyMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:17 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayThirstyMyFriend View Post
You don't think other players from other teams are told before the game to taker runs at Karlsson and give him extra cheap shots to get him off his game?

The reason fighting is allowed in hockey is because the league allows the players to settle scores themselves. Do you think the penguins are going to deviate from their game plan of takings runs at karlsson or spezza or alfie just because they might lose a guy like cooke in the process? What if they're faced with the prospect of losing some of their high end players, you think that'll change their mind?
I don't think it's right to do something dirty. If they hit Crosby more or bug him a little that cool but dirty stuff I don't like.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:34 PM
StayThirstyMyFriend

Quote:
I don't think it's right to do something dirty. If they hit Crosby more or bug him a little that cool but dirty stuff I don't like.
If you're able to take the high road when it comes to stuff like that then you're a bigger/better person than I am.

StayThirstyMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:12 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Quote:
Exactly.

Thank you.

EDIT: It's not just Crosby. I don't care who the player is. You never ever deliberately hurt another player, no matter what.

Novak Djokovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:23 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
I don't think that any coach advocates dirty plays to take out a player like it used to be yrs ago. However, if you got a good clean shot at a guy regardless of who it is most coaches want their players to finish their checks. Neil has put a few good players out with some pretty good arguably clean hits, I doubt any coach tells him to stop or take it easy. Most coaches & players will pat him on the back when he gets back to the bench.

It wasn't a dirty play until the skate comes down on his leg then it's anyone's guess as to intent or accident or careless, the league thought otherwise. Now it's history & we should move on, no sense crying over spilled milk nothing can be done about it except constant rehashing of the same arguement. We're beating a dead horse, time to move on.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:26 PM
BK201

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
I don't think that any coach advocates dirty plays to take out a player like it used to be yrs ago. However, if you got a good clean shot at a guy regardless of who it is most coaches want their players to finish their checks. Neil has put a few good players out with some pretty good arguably clean hits, I doubt any coach tells him to stop or take it easy. Most coaches & players will pat him on the back when he gets back to the bench.

It wasn't a dirty play until the skate comes down on his leg then it's anyone's guess as to intent or accident or careless, the league thought otherwise. Now it's history & we should move on, no sense crying over spilled milk nothing can be done about it except constant rehashing of the same arguement. We're beating a dead horse, time to move on.
We're talking retaliation from Neil. He said he wished Neil would have put a dirty hit/whatever on Letang I said I'm glad he didn't.

BK201 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 08:56 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
We're talking retaliation from Neil. He said he wished Neil would have put a dirty hit/whatever on Letang I said I'm glad he didn't.
It's what every good player dreads the most, watching one of their players take out a good player especially on purpose because they know that other team may now be targeting him. It's a mentality in every contact sport that I have ever played on unless it was an accident & sometimes even then ... It will be interesting to see if Cooke even plays against Ottawa next time they meet & if he does what happens. I'm sure the NHL will have Shannahan & about 100 of his minions at the game. I'd be surprised if anything happens other than Neil trying to kick the **** out of Cooke but if the game gets out of hand it could get ugly for everyone.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
Regardless, fans are supposed to be silly. An entire organization coming out and doing the same is another thing altogether.
Agreed, I don't know what Lemieux was thinking.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 07:27 PM
the doctor

I'm watching the Pens/Flyers game right now and I caught myself openly cheering for the Flyers without even realizing.

Simmonds wanted a piece of Cooke but of course he wouldn't go, just yapped like a dog.

the doctor is offline   Reply With Quote