HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 General Discussion part III

Old
02-17-2013, 04:37 PM
Atas2000

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerninja View Post
Zherdev is ***** player, he is the definition of empty stats. Crap team player
a great amount of ******** in you I see, young padawan

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 04:43 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Average number of points gained during the season per team:

WEST 77.6 points
EAST 78.5 points

The difference is minimal. And you need 73 points to be in the play-offs in the West and 75 to be there in East, the difference is minimal.
It's 77 not 75. Which means Lev and Atlant wouldn't have made it in the East. Also above Neftekhimik we are looking at teams with 84 points and more.

Old
02-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Vicente

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
It's 77 not 75. Which means Lev and Atlant wouldn't have made it in the East. Also above Neftekhimik we are looking at teams with 84 points and more.
And at the bottom of Eastern Conference you have teams like Avtomobilist and Amur who barely had KHL level this season.

Please don't forget that in the West we had 3 (!) KHL newcomers! For sure these teams are less experienced than the teams in the East.

Vicente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 09:38 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

crazy guy, will have 18y next month

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
And at the bottom of Eastern Conference you have teams like Avtomobilist and Amur who barely had KHL level this season.

Please don't forget that in the West we had 3 (!) KHL newcomers! For sure these teams are less experienced than the teams in the East.
Only Avtomobilist was really bad. Amur had good stretches. In comparison the 'newcomers' are very financially solid organizations which is basically THE weakness of Avto and Amur. It's not the NHL. There's much more disparity in pocket depth. So it's a big factor. And that's why the West has it's Vityaz, Spartak and Dynamo Riga.

Old
02-18-2013, 02:45 AM
od71

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post

crazy guy, will have 18y next month
Malkin's caliber play. Tarasenko didn't score such beauties at age 17. Future star.

od71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 06:59 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
Malkin's caliber play. Tarasenko didn't score such beauties at age 17. Future star.
Maybe because Tarasenko is so much smaller and hasn't got strength and reach of a guy 194 cm tall?

Sadly how good the player will be is not determined by how beautiful your goals scored at the age of 17 are. Nobody had even heard about Pavel Datsyuk at the age of 17 and he turned out to be pretty good. Everybody knew Alexander Svitov though (who's game is really similar to Nichushkin's by the way) and well, he turned out to be one hell of the bust.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Acallabeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
Maybe because Tarasenko is so much smaller and hasn't got strength and reach of a guy 194 cm tall?

Sadly how good the player will be is not determined by how beautiful your goals scored at the age of 17 are. Nobody had even heard about Pavel Datsyuk at the age of 17 and he turned out to be pretty good. Everybody knew Alexander Svitov though (who's game is really similar to Nichushkin's by the way) and well, he turned out to be one hell of the bust.
Svitov didn't live up to expectations, but he's a very decent player. Far from bust.
Nichuskin uses his size and strength extremely well, not often seen among Russian prospects.

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:14 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Also Pavel Buchnevic (95) scored his 1st KHL goal. Tried to do the same like Nichuskin, was fauled, penalty shot.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:29 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acallabeth View Post
Svitov didn't live up to expectations, but he's a very decent player. Far from bust.
Nichuskin uses his size and strength extremely well, not often seen among Russian prospects.
Just ask Tampa Bay what do they think about it. I mean sure, he is a Gagarin Cup winner and World Champion but in terms of the NHL he is as big of the bust as they come.

Size and strength are great qualities but as great as the are more often than not they lead to over-hyping because these kids can dominate the opposition physically and they seem to be so good. Each time this "power forward" label comes up I just remember Nathan Horton being ranked 1st by ISS in the best NHL draft class ever.

I mean obviously Nichushkin is going to be a good player but to call him "Malkin's caliber" is more than a long shot.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:05 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Just ask Tampa Bay what do they think about it. I mean sure, he is a Gagarin Cup winner and World Champion but in terms of the NHL he is as big of the bust as they come.
NHL is not GOD

Old
02-18-2013, 08:13 AM
od71

Quote:

Sometimes great thoughts do cross your mind. Or you have nothing to talk about.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:15 AM
od71

Quote:
I mean obviously Nichushkin is going to be a good player but to call him "Malkin's caliber" is more than a long shot.
Definitely that play was "Malkin's caliber". It reminded me Malkin's goal against Tampa. Play and player are different things

Old
02-18-2013, 09:05 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by od71 View Post
Definitely that play was "Malkin's caliber". It reminded me Malkin's goal against Tampa. Play and player are different things
Sorry, i just misread it.

But regarding my posts above they're my reflection of all this Nichushkin hype which is getting pretty ridiculous.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:37 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
wow, Nichushkin made everyone look they are sleeping.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Acallabeth

Quote:
Being a competent role player =/= bust IMO.

Quote:
Size and strength are great qualities but as great as the are more often than not they lead to over-hyping because these kids can dominate the opposition physically and they seem to be so good. Each time this "power forward" label comes up I just remember Nathan Horton being ranked 1st by ISS in the best NHL draft class ever.
Agree, hfboarders make it sound like team Russia will have 10 malkins in 5 years

Acallabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 11:49 AM
Theokritos

Quote:
Agree, hfboarders make it sound like team Russia will have 10 malkins in 5 years
They better have 10 Malkins in 12 months.

Theokritos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 12:29 PM
Atas2000

Quote:

I hope more ppl think like you and he is drafted by a decent team. The team that drafts him will get the steal of the decade then. He is Malkin's caliber. I remeber Malkin at age 17.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:31 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theokritos View Post
They better have 10 Malkins in 12 months.
we have the best offence in the world now on paper. I know 'on paper' doesn't win you anything, but it is what it is.

Old
02-18-2013, 12:34 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Never read somthing like that here actually. Nichushkin is on the right path though. Most exciting prospect in years now. We have some good prospects in the pipeline, but nobody is talking about a bunch of them becoming elite.

Old
02-18-2013, 01:00 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
I hope more ppl think like you and he is drafted by a decent team. The team that drafts him will get the steal of the decade then. He is Malkin's caliber. I remeber Malkin at age 17.
Steal? What are you talking about? He's going to be a top-10 pick for sure and there are no steals in the top-10, only busts.

And isn't Barkov, Lipon or MacKinnon Malkin's caliber, then?

Quote:
we have the best offence in the world now on paper. I know 'on paper' doesn't win you anything, but it is what it is.

How on earth is your offense better than Canada's?

Old
02-18-2013, 01:51 PM
ult

Quote:
Steal? What are you talking about? He's going to be a top-10 pick for sure and there are no steals in the top-10, only busts.

Malkin and Datsyuk are worth 6 canadians each.

ult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 02:36 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Malkin and Datsyuk are worth 6 canadians each.
In your eyes maybe,objectively speaking not really. You want to tell me that datsyuk is better than stamkos,giroux,nash etc combined dont think so.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 07:36 PM
Atas2000

Quote:

1. He will priobably stay in Russia. He will stay in Chelyabinsk. He will stay with Kuznetsov. A lot of GMs will have their concerns about using a top 10 pick on a player they will see dress for their team in say 5 years. I don't necessarily see him go in the top 10. That's the whole point.

2. He is better than any of the players you mention. By a margin.

Quote:

You really think Canada's offence is better?

Old
02-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Jussi

Quote:

You really think Canada's offence is better?

Let's be reality, Malkin is the only Russian to score as efficiently as the other Canadians.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote