Jake Roberts Interview; how DDP is helping him

Old
02-15-2013, 06:38 PM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axman View Post
Nash is a pessimistic, hopeless, attention seeker who thinks he has all the answers.
This.

Nash seems to be the end all to be all when it comes to his "friends" and wrestling in general. I don't know how many times Nash has tried to help Hall kick the habit out of his addiction..but at least let DDP give a crack at it. If DDP has tried his all with Hall and nothing good comes out of it, at least he tried too...knowing Nash he will just spew more drivel stating how he was right all along about Hall, making himself look like the smartest guy on the planet

EpochLink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Mister Wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by rey72335 View Post
I get what you're saying, but I just cannot agree with it.

Yes, Hall has said before that he would go with DDP but ultimately never showed up... and for Nash to basically call him out on that, saying he won't believe it until he sees the video of him walking through the door.. to me, that's giving up on him.

What motivation does Hall have to get better if the ones that seem to care about him don't believe he can do it? To prove them wrong? I highly doubt he gives a damn about doing that.. If he's drinking vodka for breakfast, he's obviously in a dark place.. so the positive thought of "proving the non-believers wrong" isn't going to be going through his head.. He needs the support that DDP/Jake are offering, and Nash is sitting there running his mouth.. Yes, he has his opinion and he's entitled to share it.. but at the end of the day, he's doing nothing to help his "friend".
I agree with you, and actually I disagree with a lot of what Nash said. I'm extremely hopeful to see what DDP does for Nash, especially seeing Jake the Snake respond so positively. I also think that Twitter is a questionable (at best) forum for him to share his thoughts. But I'd say he's not speaking with his head, more from years of frustration in trying to help Hall to no avail (especially on Twitter, not exactly a lot of time to rethink posting something dumb). I guess Nash is the kind of guy who won't believe Hall has changed until he actually 100% completes the program, and it's a shame Hall is so far gone that Nash thinks that.

Mister Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 07:44 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpochLink View Post
This.

Nash seems to be the end all to be all when it comes to his "friends" and wrestling in general. I don't know how many times Nash has tried to help Hall kick the habit out of his addiction..but at least let DDP give a crack at it. If DDP has tried his all with Hall and nothing good comes out of it, at least he tried too...knowing Nash he will just spew more drivel stating how he was right all along about Hall, making himself look like the smartest guy on the planet
Oh, the wonderful Wizard of Oz...

George Maharis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 09:59 PM
M.C.G. 31

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them." - PK Subban
He has physical charisma. When he talks he sounds like a gps device in a car. "In 500 feet, belie dat!" - NewAgeOutlaw
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:15 PM
Ozz

...and I thought Hall looked bad before. I wonder if he knows where he is.

Anyway, one of you Twitter guys should tweet this to Nash (if 1000 people didn't already do so).

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:18 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
Awesome

Engebretson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-18-2013, 10:26 PM
Snipeshow

Thank you Scott Hall for finally (hopefully) taking the first step to getting through this. God he looks in rough shape.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2013, 11:46 PM
M.C.G. 31

DDP originally pulled the video, but it's back up with a message from Scott Hall at the beginning. Can't remember the last time he spoke so coherently.

Old
02-20-2013, 11:59 PM
17futurecap

I think if I ever met DDP, I would give him a hug, guy is awesome.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:17 AM
Snipeshow

Let's hope this works.

Snipeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:45 AM
Shinsuke Nakamura
King of Strong Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
I think if I ever met DDP, I would give him a hug, guy is awesome.
I met him once. He's a stand-up guy. Absolutely no qualms about taking a picture with you or signing an autograph. I know many people will do that anyway but half the time they look like they do it because they feel they have to to keep an image going. I never got that feeling with DDP at all, he was definitely a personable guy.

Shinsuke Nakamura is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

If the WWE have any kind of humanitarian award, maybe at the next Slammys, DDP should definitely win one.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Iron Throne
Thats not sarcasm

Great to see Hall is giving this a chance. Good on DDP and Jake also stepping up to help a friend

Iron Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2013, 10:08 PM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

George Maharis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 01:50 AM
EpochLink
Canucks and Jets fan

Keep it up Hall, thanks DDP for helping him out.

As for Nash, screw you...if you were such a great "friend", you'd seek him help and not enable him to agree his life is crap.

EpochLink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 09:38 AM
Ozz

Not to really defend Nash or anything, but...

As a relative of an old addict I can attest that after years of being burned while offering everything in the way of love and help, you tend to lose your positive outlook, feel like you're being made a fool, and your efforts aren't appreciated in the least. You can only do that so long before you're asked about your feelings and you drop a "Good *** luck" bomb.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2013, 06:09 PM
M.C.G. 31

Old
02-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

So Scott Hall has pacemaker now? No wonder he was so coherent there in those videos, hasn't been drinking since that hospital trip.

Jussi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:50 PM
Jonesey
Sons of Anarchy

That video nearly brought me to tears. I hope that Scott can get healthy. I'm so impressed with where Jake is now, and to actually be able to understand Scott is a major milestone so far.

Jonesey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:39 PM
Fuzzy Bunny

Such an amazing story. DDP has the energy and motivation to make this work.

Seeing those three together also makes me wonder what a stable of Jake, Hall, and DDP would be like back in the day. It'd be weird, but awesome.

Fuzzy Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 07:11 PM
Behn Wilson

Best Ive seen Scott Hall look and sound for years. Keep it up Bad Guy and its great to have you back!

Behn Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 06:39 PM
M.C.G. 31

- Diamond Dallas Page has commented on Kevin Nash posting a critical Tweet about Scott Hall joining his "Accountability House." As you may recall, when Hall was initially announced as moving in with Page and Jake Roberts, Nash posted to Twitter saying:

Scott told everyone 2 months ago he was going to DDP'S going to be there that weekend.Show me the tape when he walks in the door... This is my friends life, not a PSA. You want the truth it's not for you to know.

Page has spoken with WrestlingInc.com and said that he has worked things out with Nash. Page said, "Kev gave me a call and we talked it all out. I understood where he was coming from, and he understood what I was trying to do and we worked it out. He was just being protective of Scott [Hall], which is what he's been for years. One of the things that didn't come out, and we should have put it up, was [the video of] that call was made on January 2nd [2013]. And that was what sent Kev over the edge, because that's not what's happening right now in the time line. I just talked to him [Scott], he's gone through detox and he's sober 19 days which is an awesome start."

DDP added, "It just hurt originally. But you know, once I saw Kev's side and everything, it hurt a little less [but] it still hurt [laughs]. But not anymore. Brothers will fight, but we come back together stronger than ever. It was just one of those things. Scott and I used to call him 'Big Grouchy' years ago. The one thing that's great about Nash is that he says what he feels. But if he's wrong, he'll pick up the phone and apologize. He's supportive of everything we're doing, and I think that Tweet he sent backed that. Kev actually talked about coming up and spending a couple of days with us in the middle of March, which would be awesome."

Old
02-28-2013, 12:42 PM
CaptainCrunch67

Up next poor Sunny needs to get the same kind of help.

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Habsfan18

Jake Roberts will be on the PW Torch Livecast tonight at 5:30est.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pro-wrestling-torch

03-11-2013, 05:08 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Already over 40 days sober for Scott! Looks and sounds a lot better too!

So awesome to see.

Still so impressed with how Jake looks!

chaosrevolver is online now   Reply With Quote