HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part XLIX All talk from around the league here

Closed Thread

Old
02-18-2013, 05:24 PM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

vCash: 500
call me when he's wayne gretzky

Old
02-18-2013, 05:44 PM
Habtchum*

With the two Gally's around, there was no place for Palushaj anymore.

With no lockout, there is strong possibilities he would had been on the Habs roster.

Too bad. Anyway, he did not had enough talent and skills to crack our top six. And not what it takes to play on our bootom six.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:26 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtchum View Post
With the two Gally's around, there was no place for Palushaj anymore.

With no lockout, there is strong possibilities he would had been on the Habs roster.

Too bad. Anyway, he did not had enough talent and skills to crack our top six. And not what it takes to play on our bootom six.
But that's not how you should look at it. From 2010-2012, Palushaj did deserve to be an NHL'er. He had the stats to deserve it. But we were extremely bad last year, yet you think that while being bad, you do give a guy like that all the chances in the world to shine. And if he did....he's in the picture no matter how Gallagher and Galchenyuk do. I mean, Gallagher wasn't exactly lights out at camp. So you might have Galchy, but strong possibility Gallagher goes down....or if you have confidence in Aaron you move somebody else whatever. So you don't look at it by saying that with both Gallys there's no place...You have to look at it with the idea that with proper icetime and linemates, he'd already be part of this team and wouldn't be a player with a spot to reconsider.

Again, we do say the same thing with Eller. Luckily enough, we will never lose Eller on the waivers for nothing. But the point is still there...when you have a talent, you HAVE to experiment them in a way that you know exactly what you have. And in the case of Palushaj, he should have gotten the chance based on the team he was playing on 'cause as far as I'm concerned...we just as bad as the Avs are this year....if not worst.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:39 PM
MarkovsKnee

I don't think we gave Palushaj a real chance. He looked pretty good last year when he played on the 4th line towards the end of the season, but he was playing with scrubs.

Still don't understand why RC didn't play him with Pleks when Gio went down. Instead White was there! I love White but come on....

We had Palushaj on the 4th and White on the 2nd...

Anyways, Marcel Hossa always looked great in his 1st 5 games after a call-up and nothing ever became of him. A little early to judge.

But, we're essentially doing the same thing with Eller.

Old
02-18-2013, 06:41 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But that's not how you should look at it. From 2010-2012, Palushaj did deserve to be an NHL'er. He had the stats to deserve it. But we were extremely bad last year, yet you think that while being bad, you do give a guy like that all the chances in the world to shine. And if he did....he's in the picture no matter how Gallagher and Galchenyuk do. I mean, Gallagher wasn't exactly lights out at camp. So you might have Galchy, but strong possibility Gallagher goes down....or if you have confidence in Aaron you move somebody else whatever. So you don't look at it by saying that with both Gallys there's no place...You have to look at it with the idea that with proper icetime and linemates, he'd already be part of this team and wouldn't be a player with a spot to reconsider.

Again, we do say the same thing with Eller. Luckily enough, we will never lose Eller on the waivers for nothing. But the point is still there...when you have a talent, you HAVE to experiment them in a way that you know exactly what you have. And in the case of Palushaj, he should have gotten the chance based on the team he was playing on 'cause as far as I'm concerned...we just as bad as the Avs are this year....if not worst.
Sorry, but imo this is ridiculous. Palushaj needed to earn his chance. He never took advantage. He still sucks and so does Colorado. We're a better team than them, clearly imo.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:22 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

holy dog ****, did anyone tell nabokov that this isn't the 80's anymore. i don't think i've seen such a bad display of 'goaltending' in a long, long time...

Old
02-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

I hate to say I told you so, but a lot were writing off Palushaj as an NHLer too easily. Not saying he will become a star but he definitely has the skill to have an NHL career, even m,oreso than D'agostini.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:31 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I hate to say I told you so, but a lot were writing off Palushaj as an NHLer too easily. Not saying he will become a star but he definitely has the skill to have an NHL career, even m,oreso than D'agostini.
Never would have stuck here. Too many forwards that play his style and are better. Gallagher sealed his fate.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:38 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Like I said, he didn't get the opportunity to make a mark because he hasn't shown anything to deserve a chance (to play on the top 6) or simply because we had better wingers than him.
He's a top 6 guy that was put on the 4th line. What do you expect?

Old
02-18-2013, 07:58 PM
sharks9

Damn Leafs look like they'll beat Florida.

Old
02-18-2013, 07:58 PM
OneSharpMarble

Bourque and Pleks are our 2 best PP forwards.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:09 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Damn Leafs look like they'll beat Florida.
florida is pa-a-a-a-a-a-thetic

(say it in a sheep's voice)

Old
02-18-2013, 08:14 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

Unless they turn it around big time Florida looks like a lottery team.

Old
02-18-2013, 08:14 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

Yea they're terrible.

But that won't stop Leafs fans proclaiming Scrivens their saviour if he gets another SO

Old
02-18-2013, 09:07 PM
sharks9

Leafs win 3-0 against Florida and Scrivens gets another shutout

Old
02-18-2013, 09:12 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharks9 View Post
Leafs win 3-0 against Florida and Scrivens gets another shutout
Reimer is going to play 2nd fiddle again.

Congrats on Scrivens, but he's got them against 2 teams that aren't very offensive. Still, they're 2 shutouts. I never thought he'd get 1.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:28 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

The Leafs have a new saviour every year in goal... Raycroft, Toskala, Gustavsson, Giguere, Reimer... now it's Scribbens.

Edit: there was one I'm forgetting... played for team Canada at the wjc. Was supposed to be the best ever.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:31 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
The Leafs have a new saviour every year in goal... Raycroft, Toskala, Gustavsson, Giguere, Reimer... now it's Scribbens.

Edit: there was one I'm forgetting... played for team Canada at the wjc. Was supposed to be the best ever.
Ye olde Justin Pogge.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:31 PM
le_sean

Quote:

Pogge.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:38 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

Bahaha yeah, mother****ing Justin Pogge

Old
02-18-2013, 09:39 PM
BlackStar

Sigh, regardless of whether or not Palushaj got a fair chance or not, this is a new management. So if you are going to complain about it, do it by complaining about Gauthier/Martin, not this current regime, as they lost Palushaj through waivers, not their fault.

Yet, I wonder if the same people complaining right now were complaining when he was supposedly not getting his chance here. Admittedly, I would have liked for Palushaj to have gotten more ice-time with our offensive players, nonetheless, when he did get his chance, as little time as he may have gotten, he wasn't anywhere near impressive. Plus, he is not better than any of our top 9 players right now, plus I expect Leblanc, Kristo, and several of our other offensive prospects to be better than him, assuming he stays in the league.

Lastly, as said, it's been only a few games, I'd be very very surprised if he becomes anything more than an ok third-liner.

Old
02-18-2013, 09:55 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Bahaha yeah, mother****ing Justin Pogge
Someone pulled up a thread earlier this year where at one point Leafs fans were saying Pogge>>> Price, it was amazing.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Alexdaman

3pts night for Aaron Palushaj, is it MB's first big mistake?

Old
02-18-2013, 10:35 PM
Brass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
3pts night for Aaron Palushaj, is it MB's first big mistake?
Have you seen his first goal today lol.

Old
02-18-2013, 10:39 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

The people who are crying about Palushaj are the same people who were crying about D'Agostini.

Let it go. Palushaj wasn't good enough to play for us and struggled in the AHL. He wouldn't have made the lineup over Gallagher.

And D'agostini was good in his first season in St Louis but now he's a healthy scratch.

Closed Thread